Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ike Thermite

Real Name Ike Thermite   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GrenadesNHam
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Homo sapiens
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2012, 00:29
Total Comments 1 (Suspect)
User ID 57292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
62. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 9, 2012, 19:34 GrenadesNHam

It seems many who want the offline single player fail to understand how Blizzard is designing DIII. They do not just have to pop in an offline mode, it would require considerable additional development time.

The current design involves minimal client side calculations. From my knowledge, Blizzard servers control much of what happens to prevent exploiting and cheats and protection of the economy (which I hope this time is meaningful and intact, (less of the rune/soj market bs.)

Things like monster spawn and movement, loot drops, toon position checking, and more are communicated to you from the serv, not done by your machine. You'd need essentially a built in mini - server just for your client. This is what they do not want you to have. That is how cheats, exploits, and emulated servers are more easily made. (which to already exist in primitive forms.)

Whether you agree with it or not, at least recognize that it is a purposeful and pretty early on design choice that would not be easy to change now. Diablo III IS an online MP game. For myself, I don't mind so long as the economy and gameplay are as good as they look to be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo