Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zombiefan

Real Name zombiefan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname zombiefan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 3, 2012, 00:17
Total Comments 201 (Novice)
User ID 57288

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: No One Uses Smart TV Internet Dec 28, 2012, 17:22 zombiefan

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 16:43:
Wired has some of the dumbest writers who are completely out of touch with reality.

Smart TV is superior to other methods IMO, not that many people have the smarts to setup a media center computer. I know of a lot people who love them. Just bought a samsung myself and retired my old media center PC just because it is far easier to use than the media center and not as complicated.

That is the problem with the internet, any idiot can write nonsense. Maybe you are the clown Cutter.

See, I'm of the exact opposite mindset. I had a Samsung blu-ray player that I used to stream Netflix and then a nice firmware patch from Samsung fucked it up. After going round and round with Samsung's inept tech support, I realized: Why am I even using this appliance in the first place? The UI is dog slow, bloated and unintuitive and now, thanks to Samsung, broken. So I threw a laptop on my TV via HDMI, grabbed one of these and it's been smooth sailing ever since. The laptop can do everything the blu-ray player and it's associated apps could, as well as everything it can't.

But we are in agreement on one thing, any idiot can write nonsense.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boxing Day Metaverse
2. Re: Boxing Day Metaverse Dec 26, 2012, 15:54 zombiefan

Netflix blames Amazon. Meanwhile, Netflix's starts to look for new servers to rent after pissing off Amazon.  

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 20:57 zombiefan

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 16:31:
The Walking Dead is on sale for 12$ for the next 6 hours. I'm debating picking it up. How'd you all like it?

I remember when Bioshock came out, the developers touted the fact that you'd have to make "moral decisions" when it came to whether or not to harvest the Little Sisters. And when I played the game, I really couldn't care less regarding the decision.

The Walking Dead on the other hand....wow. Now this game sticks you in scenarios where you really are confronted with moral and ethical dilemmas. Ultimately, the game is linear so no matter which choice you make, you're still going to wind up going onto the next area. But it's the situations themselves that really sold the game for me. If you like being confronted in that respect, than you'll enjoy it.

News Comments > Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg
22. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 13:41 zombiefan

SirKnight wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 13:18:
SimCity 4 Deluxe edition is $5 on steam right now. Worth it?

Easily. You can't even get a value meal at McDonald's for $5 and I know you'll get more satisfaction out of SC4. Buy it already!

News Comments > Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg
21. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 13:40 zombiefan

Hey Lucy,
What if I don't give a fuck about other people's cities? Ever think about that?

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 20, 2012, 17:26 zombiefan

Let me guess. It was someone else's fault, not the guy's who RAN THE COMPANY.

Hahahaha...so glad you're gone THQ. Buh-bye. Uh? Sounds like you're saying something else, but should be buh-bye. Yeah, buh-bye. Buh-bye now. Buh-bye.

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
23. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 17:09 zombiefan

WOOHOO!!! Champagne for everyone! Kiss my ass, THQ.

(passes around cigars)

News Comments > EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM
27. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 13:39 zombiefan

I hope another studio picks up where SC4 left off and runs with it. Just because they own the moniker doesn't mean they own the gameplay. There certainly is a market for it and we are long overdue for an updated simulated city management game that can deliver.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2012, 14:28 zombiefan

^^ Uh oh...more marital strife on BluesNews. Do you need a counselor too? I can put you in touch with a good therapist.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 09:55 zombiefan

San Andreas was the best in the series by far. The sheer size of the game world, the amount of things you could do, the RPG-like elements of character customization, the list goes on and on.

All Vice City had going for it was an 80's theme. That doesn't stack up against everything San Andreas offered.

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War
25. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War Dec 11, 2012, 07:34 zombiefan

Countin' down the days, THQ. Party favors and champagne are already to go!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2012, 12:20 zombiefan

AT&C1&D2 always worked for my U.S. Robotics.  

News Comments > GameSpy Sale Ends Sniper Elite Multiplayer
25. Re: GameSpy Sale Ends Sniper Elite Multiplayer Dec 8, 2012, 19:29 zombiefan

Prez wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 15:04:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 15:02:
Prez wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 14:58:
Don't be so fucking rude and thick headed.

Seriously? You got "rude" and "thick-headed" out of that? Jesus, that's sad.
"awful,boring,stupid"

Wow. Yes.

You have my sympathies. Life must be very difficult for you indeed if you get so offended by a harmless opinion. And yes, the multiplayer is awful, boring and stupid - sorry. Go cry in your beer (or grape juice) if you must.

I can put you two in touch with a good marriage counselor if you think it will help.

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Grows
12. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Grows Dec 6, 2012, 23:56 zombiefan

Yes, please buy our games one last time as we try for every quick cash grab before we fold! PLEEEEEEASE.....!

Roll over and die, THQ.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 6, 2012, 08:05 zombiefan

Don't worry about being spied on.

Worry about pissing off the wrong person. That's what it comes down to.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2012, 11:04 zombiefan

I want to know how you get into a post like that. Or even better: an ATF agent stationed in the Bahamas. Gotta make sure those mai tais are being served with the right percentage of alcohol.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 22:54 zombiefan

Longswd wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:48:
Do they still have bot trains overrunning every zone, locking threads on the subject and trying to pretend there is no problem?

Actually, no. There were a huge amount of multi-boxers running around for quite a while, but I haven't seen a single one in at least two or three weeks. They kicked about 10,000 accounts a few weeks back; gold farmers, multi-boxers, etc.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon"
5. Re: Diablo III PvP Details Coming Nov 27, 2012, 22:44 zombiefan

They rushed it out the door in order to beat Guild Wars 2 to the market. It's the only way they could have decent sale numbers. And stupid gamers bought it instead of holding out for the better product. C'est la vie.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 21:55 zombiefan

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 21:36:
What about Grimlock? While the game looks nice, I'm just not sure I can do the whole tile movement thing.

If you didn't grow up with tile-based movement games, I'd say pass on it. If you did and you liked them, it's a great throwback to yesteryear with a new coat of paint.

News Comments > No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer
3. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 zombiefan

"That's exactly the reason we don't have it."

So, your reason for not including multiplayer is because your customers want it? Smart business decision. You should sell insurance.

201 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo