Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Filipe Gomes

Real Name Filipe Gomes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Signatus
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2011, 12:18
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 57277

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare's New IP
7. Re: BioWare's New IP Mar 25, 2013, 09:30 Signatus

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 09:00:
I wouldn't say Bioware is dead to me yet but I hope they get away from the TP/RPG stuff, the gameplay is really clunky. If they want to make a competent shooter then do that, hire some people who know shooters and Frostbite.

I'm more worried about EA sticking their nose to monetize things and fucking it up.

I would rather see them get back to proper RPGs instead of trying to mesh it into a FPS/RPG/FMV game.

At least we have Obsidian and the new batch of RPG makers working independently.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Edge: Valve, Mojang "Greatest Developers"
16. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 14, 2013, 12:18 Signatus

nin wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 09:43:
At this point, I'd give Valve a lot more props for steam than I would their games. While (the games are) still good, their release schedule ends up being once in a blue moon...

They have some interviews with Valve people, one being Gabe, and they tease around the notion that Valve is probably less of a Game Developer than it is something else (online retailer, hardware developer, piece of equipment to close up pipes). But reading their "reasoning" to the choices, it seems both Valve and Mojang have landed top spots for innovating and moving gaming in general forward.

But as with every list, it's subjective to one's opinion, I would surely put Obsidian in the list (which I don't think it was) instead of some other devs.

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
26. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 12, 2012, 07:18 Signatus

deqer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:15:
I also don't need my privacy invaded by having my playtime tracked, or being tracked when i play my games. Yes, folks, I'm giving up on steam. I'm now pirating all the games I own on steam, and pirating in the future. If games in the future start coming out with no option to run our own multiplayer server. Fine. I just wont play your new games then. I'll remain retro and play the older games. Sorry, you're not going to win me on your greedy DRM business model.

Edit: Oh, and btw, SimCity 1 is the best simcity ever. I still play it on SNES. and some cool tricks you can do with buildings, customizing them to be any shape you want by destroying parts of them and building small 1x1 blocks, etc.

Punishing developers for how Steam works doesn't seem the way to go. Your argument doesn't hold unless you buy the games and then play the pirated version. This way you would keep your "privacy" and still reward the developers.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
19. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 17:41 Signatus

2K needs to stop the hype machine. You got my money, give me my game, I'm as hyped as I can right now!  

News Comments > Evening Previews
12. Re: Evening Previews Sep 28, 2012, 12:50 Signatus

I remember my X-COM games dragging on because I kept or reloading missions so to get the best possible outcome.

As for replayability, considering I went back to the demo just to replay the mission, I would think I'll give it at least two play-throughs in normal difficulty just for the sake of it.

35 missions seem more than enough for me, considering I'm expecting later missions to take considerably more time to finish than the initial ones. At least if I'm careful...

I have to say I'm excited for the game, as long as it's not dumbed down massively I will be fine with it. My patience (and time) for games have gone down considerably, so maybe I'll even appreciate it more

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Sep 28, 2012, 10:58 Signatus

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 04:29:
The remake of xcom has turn based combat. Plan and Go is the opposite. (...)

I think Pyloff meant the fact that it's a remake with less content than the original, even though I don't agree with that. I was never convinced by the remake of Jagged Alliance, but I'm convinced enough by XCOM to have pre-ordered, even though I only did it because I got it heavily discounted

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Update; Fargo Says: "Kick It Forward"
31. Re: Wasteland 2 Update; Fargo Says: Mar 22, 2012, 07:26 Signatus

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 23:35:
Dev, I know what he's saying. What I'm saying is that he wouldn't have that profit if it weren't for the people for invested. So him reinvesting his profits into something that people don't like may just turn them off from giving anyone else money in the future if they feel that the some of the profits of that investment are going to things they don't like. So yes, what he's proposing is a good thing, but should just be done quietly.

I may be misunderstanding what you said, but why would people care what he reinvests his money on? Would it make a difference if instead he bought a car for himself?

People are looking at Kickstarter as if they had any input in what happens with the money. It doesn't work like that for most projects, only if the reward is "you can create X character or Y gameplay feature". For the most part, people crowdfunding games are basically just pre-ordering the product. Of course it's all out of faith for whoever is developing it considering you don't have any kind of material to base your choice on. But still, Kickstarting a project doesn't make it your own at all.

Of course my point is completely moot if people do exactly the same with any other developer; you don't like their next game, you stop buying/supporting them altogether.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
70. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 12:24 Signatus

Not knowing the details about layoffs, this might be another misinterpreted situation by the media. In the videogame industry, people being laid off after a project finishes is pretty standard. Unless they already have a project going on that needs the people or the company can invest in some in-house work, people will be laid off just because there's no work for them.

I doubt Obsidian was just counting with that money, knowing how volatile and not realistic the scores are in Metacritic.

All in all it's a shame, as even though every game Obsidian has put out has faced heavy criticism for not being "perfect" (perfect as in games from the likes of Bioware or Bethesda), they are still able to do decent games that entertain.

As someone said before, they more or less suffer from the same as Troika. Hopefully they won't have the same fate.

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
33. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 15:56 Signatus

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 14:53:
More and more I'm starting to see all these old overhyped developers like Molyneux, Garriot, et al. as people who really weren't all that talented but only surrounded themselves with good talent and took credit for it.

I think (and hope) that the reason why these people started churning out hyped games that turned out to be nothing were the publishers behind them.

I have a lot of respect for both, as I have for Will Wright and Sid Meier. Sadly only Sid seems to still try to please us.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
80. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2011, 07:18 Signatus

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 07:13:
Do we get all the days to play the games from all the days to get the stuff? I just dont have the time and some of the things were bugged last night not working.....

That used to be the case in previous similar "contests". The timer is only related to the actual discount on the games, but the objectives are valid during the whole Holiday Season.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo