Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fly

Real Name Fly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 18, 2011, 10:04
Total Comments 34 (Suspect)
User ID 57270

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
42. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:23 Fly

For those interested, will be streaming the Aurora LN ship now on Twitch.tv http://www.twitch.tv/solar_potato

(no mic or endless banter)

"This is more than anyone can bear, but we will persevere." -Vort
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
35. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:46 Fly

Took the jump and I'm in. The Hangar Module did take some time to download, but well worth the wait. Stunning is an understatement in what has been produced. I purchased the Aurora LN model package; $45 for starters. What a beauty she is and can't wait to take her out for a spin. Will wait until at least Alpha/Beta before deciding to upgrade anything further.

I am Solarstrike on RSI, add me. Might be awhile before Alpha/Beta but i shall remain patient. Hoping to fly along with the rest of you guys & gals and will proudly display the Bluesnews flag (if one is made?) wherever the expanse of space and time shall take me...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6i8gcyLgb1qcwoano1_500.gif

for those interested, only 875 slots left..grab a package/ship in due time

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2014, 12:05.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
89. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 09:47 Fly

I can see it now..

"Play Star Citizen the way it was meant to be played!

-RSS Signature Series PC, Octo-core CPU, free sticker of RSS! (get at least 27fps on Ultra settings)

-Liquid cooled (did someone say Koolaid?)

-2, 24in 4k LCD monitors (eloquently decorated with RSS logo's)

-Oculus Rift consumer edition (with 500 free Facebook credits)

-*Thrustmaster HOTAS flight controls
*everything you need to depart your dock in style (or hit the refueling/supply structure like Chris Roberts did)

-1 year subscription to Star Citizen (to be used when the game is done, 2016-2017)

-Razor mouse & keyboard (signed by RSS janitors)

-Turtle Beach Headset (signed by RSS food catering service)

+ Only $4999.00, supplies are limited"

..I have hope for SC, but remain a realist. When done, this game will require an expensive PC setup to run a decent frame rate and a massive amount of HD space. Also, the CryEngine is not known for very expansive environments so I'm very suspicious is how RSS will pull it off (planet exploration will be minimal at most). Otherwise the game will load annoyingly every few moments for new zones.

Further, in the video game play it seems the ship damage was turned off after Roberts crashed into the platform. There's obviously a console code to turn off ship damage. That code will be most sought after by hackers, i imagine.

Will be a long wait, but i shall remain patient. Space Engineers is my go to space game at the moment. Can say it's better than anything RSS has created, so far.

Edit: RSS needs to hire the devs of Space Engineers or merge the two studios. That is how the mining aspect should be done in Star Citizen. There's just no other way! Brilliant stuff

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2014, 09:53.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
34. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 17:50 Fly

Made this the other day..a chuckle for the old-schoolers' out there..

http://tinypic.com/r/zjgpq1/8

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
30. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 17:33 Fly

Regarding this whole Oculus thing..Just because you are sitting alongside a pool full of money, doesn't mean your life is complete. That money may go down the drain or quickly evaporate. What if Facebook turned around in a few weeks and sold Oculus Rift to Microsoft, NASA/Government, or a company seriously interested about putting people to work? (i'll explain later). Don't get too far ahead of yourself Mr. Abrash. Just make cool things and do it quickly.

The reality is, people are leaving Facebook by the thousands every day or are severely limiting their use of it. Let's face it, it's a boring platform for most people. It needs more things for people to do on it. For example, designing your own page using designs made by well known artists. Achievements. Yes, achievements. It may sound dumb but everyone like rewards. Point is, give the users things to do and they'll want to use it more. Ideas happen. Facebook then may still be around 5-10 years from now.

Further, a large number of accounts on Facebook are fake. Companies pay Facebook and in turn who knows who else (ever see the work from home make a thousand dollars a week comments. who is funding them and who owns those companies?..) to create those accounts to "Like" their products. Another company comes along and thinks "hey..so and so company is making millions because it's popular and being promoted on Facebook. Let's pay Facebook to advertise our product!". This can only last so long before people step back and say.."I don't need Facebook. Facebook needs me". With that I say..I have a large space called a timeline background available for rent if any company is interested..

These tech "guru's" jumping on the OR ship think they have a clue. They might in a gaming or entertainment sense, but on a platform that will be nothing more (mark my words) than an advertiser's playground, the whole concept is still way up the air. People won't trust it. It's not proven and any talk of what it MAY be able to do is nothing more than a pipe dream. There's not a NEED for it. Create a need for the product and it will become important.

Lastly, there is such thing called a battery. The more advanced mobile tech becomes, the more power it consumes. Unless there is a revolution in how electronics are powered and cooled, the entire tech of virtual reality is almost useless. I highly recommend a book by Michio Kaku titled "Physics of the Future" in which he describes that very problem. One thing I know is, if i had 2 billion dollars to invest, It would be in what a product would need for it to operate. Not in a product that would need something for it to operate. In this, I think Facebook and Zuckerberg may have made a small, but important mistake.

P.S Putting people to work..Using VR and drones, this is how space stations (orbital medical centers, trade facilities, space ports, mining installations, drone housing and dispatch) will be constructed. This is also how asteroids will be mined. You'll log in from home and assigned a specific quadrant in which to explore and mine. You'll get paid very well to do this. That's where the real money and resources are. This is what will make devices like Oculus Rift relevant. I do not think Facebook nor Zuckerberg have any idea of VR's real potential. We all shall see, in one form or another.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2014, 17:44.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 13:52 Fly

If Facebook users could make a profit using Facebook, it could be the greatest thing ever. How to do this? Simple. There's a large space on everyone's page called a "timeline background". Doritos, Mountain Dew, Warner Bros. do you hear me?!...you can rent my space for $500 a month.  

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
20. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 13:23 Fly

While I can't confirm this story, the content has to be user made. I.E video of the uploader/voice playing the game. It cannot be video's made by someone else. This includes promo video's by the developer/publisher, other user video's, compilations from other member videos (Skyrim mod of the week and Minecraft type channels are notorious for this). They make tons of money off other people's content (advertisement revenue).

Some Youtuber's like to use other people's videos and use clips from them in order for their own gain. I urge anyone who is creating/showing their content on Youtube to upload, to place their own watermark(s) on their videos. That way it's easier to file a complaint if someone uses your clips for their videos.
Can a decent amount of money be made by simply uploading video's to Youtube? Yes. It depends on your subscriber base, quality and content of your video's, amount of effort you put into your channel to make it worth the time of the viewer.

Side note: Would love to see a Bluesnews Crew type channel where the regulars submit their gaming videos. Could be hilarious, utterly boring, or even revolutionary. My "thing" in gaming for the last say, 5 years, has been my seeming ability to get "stuck" in games. No matter what darn game i play, I usually end up getting stuck and it's frustrating at times. My curses probably still linger above my residence in some form. I don't try to do it, it just happens mainly because I like to explore in a game. Maybe I should invest in a video recorder.
This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2014, 13:43.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 12, 2014, 16:09 Fly

Re: toxic online behavior:

Camera's are everywhere and drones will be the norm. Voice recognition and facial recognition technology imbedded everywhere. It's all coming, folks. So..How to balance that economy budget? Where can this all possibly lead?

Curse Tax: Every time someone curses, whether on or offline, charge them 25 cents per curse.

Should I patent the idea and become a trillionaire?..

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2014, 16:15.

News Comments > "Stunning" Nitrous Engine Impressions
9. Re: Jan 9, 2014, 10:25 Fly

Something for the FPS fans out there and those wondering what Star Citizen (or some other games) could look like:

"Dream Engine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LYpUw3Rx0c

Higher resolution & clarity version at Vaya's Vimeo page:
http://vimeo.com/43096888

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2014, 10:33.

News Comments > "Stunning" Nitrous Engine Impressions
5. Re: Jan 9, 2014, 10:15 Fly

Here's an earlier demo of the Nitrous Engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elzpPFg8O_Q

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Video Diary
1. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 8, 2014, 17:07 Fly

Looks brilliant and if there's Oculus Rift support, I shall surely have heart meds within close proximity while playing.  

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
44. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 17:00 Fly

After due diligence of DICE fixing PC BF4 multi-player, the game DOES run better overall. Albeit, some minor audio loading issues on a few levels, it's far better than what it used to be.

Food for thought regarding Mantle; where it may all lead? The day will come when the "now loading" screen in video games and software will cease to exist. One may ask how this will be done. Dare i say through crystals. Whether photonic or quartz-based, it's coming.
If one was to calculate time lost by humankind over the last 30 years due to "now loading", it would be staggering.

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
32. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 15:04 Fly

Now..if all that spare Steam Wallet change sitting around in people's accounts could be donated to a good cause..like buying some cans of food for the homeless, Wounded Warriors, etc.

Certainly Gaben can do something great and surely, you can too.

News Comments > DayZ Sales Soar
25. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 14:39 Fly

Incredible game. There's just nothing like it and the scope will be enormous. Will take time, but will be worth every step of the way.

...So I was looting some town in the dark of night, far North of Elektro. The wind rustling through the bushes beneath the trees. Faint sounds of wildlife stirred my nerves under the moonlight. The sound of my footsteps upon the wooden floor, creaking ever too loudly.
I crept out from a shanty town house and nearly fell out of my chair. The screams of zombies beyond the door shattered my nerves. Through the window, I could have swore I seen a survivor. Their flashlight beam reflecting off the wall. Much like my blood as the zombies tore at my skin. Unconscious, I became. Respawn.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 18, 2013, 14:21 Fly

Facebook seeing what users type..

Zuckershit must have been so hurt as a kid growing up. Soooo distraught emotionally at something in his life, that he sought revenge in some corner of his mind. Thus, the creation of Facebook. The guy has all the tell-tale signs of being a closet sociopath. And a rich one at that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 18, 2013, 14:11 Fly

Nintendo Direct..
No Metroid, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, or Advance Wars? No buy.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
36. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 13:55 Fly

What a sad state of affairs for DICE to be involved in. That being said, it's probably not looking good for Battlefront. Disney shareholders are most likely twice as tough. You know darn well they will want to milk Battlefront for all it's worth anyway..$3.99 for the Bronze Bounty Hunter pack. You want dual Light Sabers (TM copyright, Disney) to fight on The Death Star?(TM copyright, Disney), that'll be $4.99

Best of luck DICE.

News Comments > Subnautica Announced
1. Re: Subnautica Announced Dec 16, 2013, 10:50 Fly

Very cool. Good to see some new ideas out there. If this has Oculus Rift support i'm gonna dive in for sure.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2013, 23:46 Fly

I just watched the video about Zina Nicole Lahr. Immediately fell in love with her. Never knew about her before and really wish I did. What a beautiful mind and woman.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2013, 07:13 Fly

AC: Black Flag is really a great game. My pick for Game of the Year for PC. The atmosphere in Black Flag throughout is truly great. When I'm having a bad day, I sail the waters under the watchful guard and drunken song of my trusty crew. Every so often it storms, but no amount of waves or thunder will stop my wrath upon the sea.

-Just a tip, I find that by disabling v-sync, the game runs better.(PC version).

34 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo