Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Real Chris Casey

Real Name Real Chris Casey   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bozu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 1, 2011, 23:23
Total Comments 16 (Suspect)
User ID 57254

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Terminal Reality Closed?
10. Re: Terminal Reality Closed? Dec 13, 2013, 13:17 bozu

"Terminal Reality Really Terminated?"  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Firm Says Steam URLs Exploitable
14. Re: Firm Says Steam URLs Exploitable Oct 17, 2012, 12:47 bozu

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 11:53:
while Safari automatically executes steam:// URLs without user confirmation, the researchers said.
APPLE MAKES TEH SAFEST STUFF IN TEH WORLD!!1!!!1!1
This is actually a very interesting hack from a blame perspective. On the surface, Safari is making the decision that, "users don't want to review URLs before executing them. the program that executes them should be responsible for its security." And Steam is making the decision that, "users don't want to review URLs before executing them. the game that executes them should be responsible for its security." And the game is making the decision that, "I'm just a game that supports steam. Isn't security their job?" There's no easy person to point fingers at here -- none of those statements are really wrong.

Ultimately, a solution needs to come from Valve, but it's going to be hard to find a way to reduce exploitability without negatively impacting the user experience.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Gets GoW Producer
4. Re: BioShock Infinite Gets GoW Producer Aug 9, 2012, 16:49 bozu

A used copy of BioShock goes for more than a used copy of BioShock 2. BioShock 2 had multiplayer, but BioShock was a better game (metacritic 96, vs metacritic 88).

So, I think they're just wrong about that. Honestly, I think they should be doing those evil "free DLC with [original] purchase" deals -- seems much more effective, and I'd rather most games focus their effort on making a kick-ass single player experience.

That said, the "tacked-on" co-op mode for System Shock 2 was totally worth the wait.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
59. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 5, 2012, 15:45 bozu

Cloud Saves. I see what you did there.  

News Comments > Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained
13. Re: Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained Jun 25, 2012, 13:39 bozu

So it's just Hero Academy?  

News Comments > Magna Mundi Cancelled
10. Re: Magna Mundi Cancelled Jun 20, 2012, 13:38 bozu

Wow, that's a bit of a douchey post to make. Even if things dissolved with the company, they must really be angry to publicly attack UV's reputation like that.

initial UV response: http://forum.universo-virtual.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4291

so, it sounds like yes, he may be planning to take legal action.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
33. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 14:19 bozu

I had an interview for this project a couple of years ago. I think the first thing I said when I walked in was, "Why not a Fallout MMO?"

Didn't get job.

News Comments > GTA5 Details Leaked?
40. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 14:59 bozu

I am a friend of someone who recently got sacked from RockStar North for general misconduct. Because one contract to RockStar covered everything, including secrecy, and his contractual obligaton was now removed, he was legally allowed to spill the beans on Rockstar's upcoming GTA V.

Really? I can't imagine any industry giving someone a contract that said "You can't steal any of our ideas until such a time as you no longer work for us."

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Beta Opt-ins
1. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Opt-ins Mar 21, 2012, 20:31 bozu

Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned [2:11 pm ET] - 88 Comments
On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions [10:00 am ET] - 56 Comments
Wasteland 2 Update; Fargo Says: "Kick It Forward" [10:58 am ET] - 28 Comments
Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming? [10:01 am ET] - 24 Comments
Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend [10:00 am ET] - 16 Comments
Mists of Pandaria Beta Opt-ins [10:01 am ET] - 0 Comments
... what has happened?

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
6. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 21:26 bozu

There's no legal requirement to have your software rated by ESRB, yet this regulation targets only the software that voluntarily uses the ESRB system. How weird.

I thought the whole point of self-regulation in the industry was to avoid having government regulations.

I doubt this will go anywhere.

News Comments > Obsidian Considering a Kickstart
31. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 14, 2012, 04:01 bozu

I just want to lol at obsidian riding on more coattails.

and, to the guy that said double fine hasn't had a hit lately, I suggest you go check the metacritic scores for iron brigade, stacking, once upon a monster, and happy action theater. they're 82, 84, 79, and 81. Pretty damn respectable, actually.

Obsidian's *only* original IP was Alpha Protocol, which clocked in at 63.

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
6. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 20, 2012, 23:35 bozu

I would venture that he put in notice months ago so he could go work on a personal project. He promised to stay on through the end of development, but with the delay, he would be there much longer than he'd agreed to do they let him just depart on good terms. Inferring anything more is just a bit nuts.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 19, 2012, 11:30 bozu

Crimson Skies sequel?  

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
24. Re: Blizzard Introduces BattleTags Dec 16, 2011, 19:42 bozu

From the FAQ:
Each BattleTag is automatically assigned a 4-digit BattleTag code, which combines with your chosen name to create a unique identifier (e.g. AwesomeGnome#3592).
The "10,000 Illidans" campaign begins NOW. BattleTags are not prepared.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2011, 18:48 bozu

Confirmed, link is dead. Hopefully I still have it cached at home.

I checked Cryptic Sea's twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/crypticsea/statuses/142361681291509760) and saw this:
Lucretiel: @crypticsea Be careful removing blog posts like that. The internet never forgets.
crypticsea: @Lucretiel It wasn't me, Anthony Weiner hacked into my account

My guess is someone from GDC contacted him about it and said something like "look, we just have too many indie devs talking about indie dev. you have no hook." and he realized he was getting all cranky over bad timing. Hope he doesn't give up on giving a talk, though.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers
9. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 18:37 bozu

Keep in mind that these are not mandatory updates. Skyrim ran fine with my manufacturer-installed drivers (no idea what rev they were, BootCamp handled it), it ran fine with the 11.11a, it ran fine with 11.11b.

I suspect that the primary reason for these driver updates is to perform as well as possible on the benchmarks that tech blogs are presenting to the enthusiast crowd. You can't fault them for this, and if you really are the sort who doesn't like installing drivers (doubtful if you're the sort who likes taking time to post on the internet about not liking to install drivers), just wait until the 11.12 or 12.1 or whatever revision number suits your fancy get released.

There are certainly times when drivers are buggy and need fixed, but these minor revisions are just there to help their position on the charts. To be fair, though, I owned a Voodoo Rush, so I'm pretty happy with driver quality these days

16 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo