Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hb3d

Real Name hb3d   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2011, 20:13
Total Comments 162 (Novice)
User ID 57250

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: Driver: San Francisco Deluxe for A Buck! Aug 19, 2012, 10:36 hb3d

Ray Marden wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 09:18:
UPlay is listing Driver as an installed game. Since it shows as installed, it won't let me reinstall it. And since it is actually not installed on my system, UPlay is unable to launch it when I hit "Play." What a crappy company.
I bought Driver:SF through the website not the UPlay client. At the end of the purchase process, I was presented with a small downloader app (Driver_San_Francisco_DownloadManager_en.exe) not the UPlay client to download the game, and I was emailed a registration/activation code for the game.

I am running the applet now and downloading the game. It let me specify where to put the installation files for the game which are RAR archives just like a pirate distributed version. My bandwidth is only 1MB/sec and the download is maxing out my bandwidth, so I will post back with my installation experience when the download is complete.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 14:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
4. Driver: San Francisco Deluxe for A Buck! Aug 19, 2012, 02:52 hb3d

Today (Sunday) is the final day of Ubisoft's download store sale, and you can get Driver: San Francisco Deluxe Edition for only a dollar! All versions of the game have the same UPlay DRM so paying more for the game elsewhere like on Steam doesn't allow you to avoid UPlay.

This is a terrific value, and for $1 you can't go wrong. You can buy the game using the website link without installing the UPlay client.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 03:12.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Oh the irony! Aug 19, 2012, 01:30 hb3d

Sacrifice wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 22:57:
Trademark infringement accusations are often ridiculous
Yep, you certainly proved that with yours. "Storm" is not "Steam." Storm Eagle Studios also has a U.S. trademark for video games on the name "Storm Eagle Studios" which shows a history of using the term "storm" in association with video games and a pending trademark for "StormPowered." In addition even though "storm" is not "steam", Valve has no U.S. trademark for "steam" combined with "powered."

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 05:27.

News Comments > OnLive Layoffs Follow-up
32. PC Game Rentals Don't Need To Be Streaming. Aug 19, 2012, 01:01 hb3d

PHJF wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 21:41:
It's basically the only way you COULD rent PC games.

Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 00:43:
And publishers would never allow rentals otherwise, as it makes piracy even easier.

Yes, they would because they already do allow rentals. They just don't allow them on new releases. Streaming or not rental of new releases is not going to be allowed by publishers because it would cannibalize full-price sales in their eyes. The only reason new release rentals are allowed on consoles is because they can't legally stop them due to physical media.

Gamefly, Gametap, and Gamersgate all have PC game rental systems which don't rely on this crappy streaming technology. Gamersgate's VOID is even free. Sure the game catelogs of all three services are somewhat limited with older titles (Gametap's library is the largest by far), but unlike game streaming these three rental/subscription services perform as well as any other PC game because the games are run locally.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 05:24.

News Comments > OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways
38. Gaikai "failed" to the tune of a $380 million windfall. Aug 17, 2012, 22:36 hb3d

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 18:33:
Between this an gaikai being sold to sony, this experiment seems to have largely failed...
Dave Perry with the 380 million dollars he got from Sony would definitely disagree with you.

These cloud gaming ventures like OnLive weren't really created to become successful businesses on their own. They were founded to get some big fish like Microsoft or Apple to buy them out. Gaikai definitely succeeded. Only OnLive failed (so far). For the right price some big fish will snap up OnLive's technology and patents. And just like with Quicktime that is what Steve Perlman really wants.

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
16. This suit opens up a can of worms. Aug 16, 2012, 23:21 hb3d

Rebellion's court filing really opens a big can of worms given how broad Rebellion's existing trademark is worded and given how many video games have had the word "rebellion" in the name. Even Mass Effect 3 has a DLC pack named Rebellion. I wonder if this lawsuit is just the first salvo in a string of similar lawsuits.

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
5. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 16, 2012, 23:05 hb3d

Someone needs to sue Rebellion over Rogue Warrior.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
42. HAWX 2 for $1 Aug 16, 2012, 21:07 hb3d

If you want to buy HAWX 2 digital deluxe edition for $1 (today only), you can do so at this URL without installing the Uplay app. You still need to install Uplay to download the game though.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2012, 21:15.

News Comments > On Sale
29. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 22:17 hb3d

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 21:54:
I'm not really motivated to spend $7 for a month of IGN Prime so I can save 90 cents.
The discount is stackable and continual, but it only really pays off if you spend at least $50 at Gamersgate. So, if you're not a frequent shopper at Gamersgate, then no, it's not worth it.

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 21:39 hb3d

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 19:02:
I may have to bite on that one. I was waiting for it to hit $5 but $6 is close enough.
If you have your 15% off code @ Gamersgate for being an IGN member, it is close to $5. By the way you don't have to be an IGN member for more than a month to get the savings.

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 10:23 hb3d

Ray Marden wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 23:26:
Noting Syndicate is $12 at GG, though a horribly flawed game,
Syndicate is now $6 at Gamersgate and will be for the next 16 hours.

Gamersgate's sale has been going on for the past two weeks (with two weeks to go I believe) with standard discounts on a wide range of games and then 75% off of four or five titles per day.

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
81. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 9, 2012, 03:11 hb3d

Dev wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 23:09:
Edit: I'm not sure steam allows a credit card to purchase on more than 1 account.
Valve doesn't admit this on its support website, but the limit is two Steam accounts with the same credit card. On any subsequent accounts you will immediately receive a generic denial message that your credit card is over the limit even when the card is not actually over the limit. Calling your credit card company will confirm this. By the way this limit also proves that Valve stores and tracks credit cards indefinitely as it doesn't matter how much time has transpired between purchase attempts with the same card. It also doesn't matter if you don't check the option box to remember the credit card information for the account. If you try to use a single credit card for purchases on more than two accounts, it will be automatically denied.
killer_roach wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 01:39:
PayPal, maybe?
I never tried it with PayPal. I assume the limit would still be two Steam accounts to the same payment method though.

For comparison's sake Amazon has no such limit on its accounts for digital media, software, and games. You can have as many accounts as you want all using the same credit card.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2012, 03:43.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
26. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 02:07 hb3d

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 20:44:
Anyone remember MPlayer, Total Entertainment Network or Heat.net? Pay by the hour for horrible, laggy matchmaking. Oh those were the days.
Yes, I remember Heat and Mplayer, but you apparently don't because those services were free. You simply had to own a copy of the supported games to play using those networks and install their client software similar to the way Gamespy and Steam work. The only Heat game which was pay was an MMO called 10/Six which outlived the general Heat network. Mplayer did originally have an optional subscription plan, but it was basically only for ranked/tournament play on a couple of games like Quake. Mplayer eventually sold out to Gamespy, and Sega simply folded Heat.net but kept 10/Six going for awhile longer.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2012, 02:28.

News Comments > New UDK Adds Version Management
2. It's been done already. Jul 26, 2012, 22:12 hb3d

Dev wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 21:31:
Other companies should think about contacting unreal to get their stuff into the UDK with setups like that, if they could help with game development.
They already do. The UDK is already full of best-in-breed middleware like Scaleform, Speedtree, FaceFX, and PhysX/Apex. Perforce is simply the latest in a long line.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2012, 22:21.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: You can't buy DLC on Steam without the base game. Jul 21, 2012, 18:12 hb3d

Prez wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 18:07:
Again, I don't think anyone has a problem with you liking Amazon, or Amazon's game downloads for that matter
nin, for one has. Everytime I mention an Amazon sale here, he needlessly questions my motives for doing so. The majority of my posts about Amazon are also facts not my opinion of it.

You jumped nin's shit for simply posting a Steam flash sale
No, I did not. I simply pointed out to nin that the game he wanted was not up for vote. Then I mentioned that the game he wanted was currently on sale at Amazon for less than the flash sale would have been.

I did take a dig at him by saying that he probably wouldn't buy the game from Amazon because I had posted the notice of the sale here, but that was me just returning his previous hostility. I didn't start the fire.

then went right from that to 'pimping" (to steal your own word) Amazon.
Actually pimping was nin's term for it not mine. I simply used the term to make a point about hypocrisy.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2012, 18:18.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: You can't buy DLC on Steam without the base game. Jul 21, 2012, 18:04 hb3d

Prez wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 15:55:
Which is fine, but he seems to get rude when anyone doesn't agree.
I have never complained when people don't agree with my opinion of Amazon. What I have complained about is hypocrites who complain that I have a positive opinion of Amazon and post it here.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: You can't buy DLC on Steam without the base game. Jul 21, 2012, 18:02 hb3d

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 15:47:
"Pimp" steam? lol.
You advertise for Steam on Blue's a lot. I personally don't care that you do. You should be more accurate when you do though. I just get pissed when hypocrites like nin complain when I mention Amazon's sales or say something positive about Amazon. My use of the term "pimping" was a reference to that hypocrisy.

However I believe you can purchase batman DLC as a gift even if you don't own it...I doubt you can activate it without the base game on steam though. And without activating it I'm not sure you could get the cd key to enter into GfWL.
No, you can't activate it or get the key.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2012, 18:21.

News Comments > On Sale
14. You can't buy DLC on Steam without the base game. Jul 21, 2012, 14:18 hb3d

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 13:13:
And, as I predicted, batman city is on sale again with the DLC on steam (as others have mentioned, you can get it on steam, it activates on GfWL and you can use the DLC regardless of where you bought the base game).
No you can't because you can't buy the DLC on Steam if you don't also own the base game on Steam. That's how Steam works, and given how much you pimp Steam, you should know that by now. See this and this. You can buy just DLC at other digital distributors like Amazon and Gamersgate, but not Steam.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2012, 14:36.

News Comments > On Sale
72. Your post was still pointless and stupid. Jul 15, 2012, 12:28 hb3d

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:13:
That's why it was posted at 3 in the morning, and not now.
If the time limit to vote on it was that short, you should have included that information in your post. Otherwise by the time most people see it, it is too late. You may think the world revolves around you, but most people aren't going to hang around this forum at three in the morning to read your ravings.

that would mean you shouldn't be posting sale items either, since they wouldn't be valid after a certain amount of time. How "stupid and pointless" is that?
Unlike you I wouldn't post a notice of a sale that was going to be over in a couple of hours unless I noted that in the post. Otherwise that would be pointless and stupid because it would be over by the time most people see it.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 12:47.

News Comments > On Sale
63. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 12:07 hb3d

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 11:58:
That's because it was one of the choices during the last vote.
It's not a choice now so telling people to vote for it in your post was stupid and pointless.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that.
Unlike you my life doesn't revolve around the Steam website or this one. And you should be glad it doesn't since Steam has such load problems anyway.

No, I played it for an hour. And at no time did I say where to get it.
That doesn't make you less of a hypocrite just because you shilled for the game that time instead of where to buy it.

162 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo