Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hb3d

Real Name hb3d   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2011, 20:13
Total Comments 162 (Novice)
User ID 57250

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
49. Battlefield 3 is $25 today @ Amazon. Jan 1, 2012, 10:09 hb3d

Battlefield 3 is $29.99 today at Amazon game downloads or $25 if you have your $5 coupon from a previous purchase during the past two months.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Alien Arena
6. You should be ashamed of yourself. Dec 30, 2011, 19:22 hb3d

Wildone wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 16:07:
Even for free it looks horrible. Try Black Light Retribution for something a bit better
You are comparing apples to oranges, and you should be ashamed of yourself for doing so.

Black Light Retribution is going to be a free-to-play FPS MMO with microtransactions, and it is being developed by a professional developer, Zombie Studios, using Unreal Engine 3.

Alien Arena on the other hand is a labor of love by a handful of developers with the bulk of the work being done by one man, John Diamond. John is a professional programmer, but he doesn't work in the game industry. He is a long-time mod developer for the Quake series of game, and he has had a number of quality finished releases including some single-player Alien Arena games. This latest Alien Arena game has been regularly developed and supported for the past eight years or so, and it shows as it is extremely polished and refined for a hobbyist effort. You owe it to yourself to try it out.

Yes, "Black Light Retribution" and Alien Arena are both technically free games, but only Alien Arena is both truly free as in free beer and free as in free speech as it is licensed under the GPL. So, with Alien Arena not only do you get the complete game for free and the ability to host your own server, but you also get the source code to the game as well.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2011, 22:12.

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
11. Amazon Sale Dec 29, 2011, 04:45 hb3d

Amazon game downloads now has Crisis Maximum Edition for $7.50 for today only. That is half of Steam's current sale price. It includes the first three Crysis games.

News Comments > On Sale
40. Amazon CODMW3 Sale Dec 25, 2011, 14:28 hb3d

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is now $34.99 at Amazon.

That's the lowest sale price online for the downloadable version of the game, and $10 cheaper than Steam's sale price today.

News Comments > On Sale
37. Re: Dragon Age Games @ Amazon Dec 24, 2011, 16:20 hb3d

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 15:07:
A more important question is: Will it require Origins if you get it through Amazon?
Not to download the game at least. But all of EA's games which have some type of online component require an EA online account, and EA consolidated its online accounts with Origin. That includes EA games purchased on Steam. Your EA login is now an Origin login too. I have never used the Origin client software myself, but back at the end of July of this year I got emails from EA for my EA online accounts that said they were now converted to Origin, i.e. "The name of your EA account has changed. Going forward, your EA account will be called an Origin™ account. Your login and password are the same, and all EA account information is in your Origin account."

Battlefield 3 and the Old Republic MMO are the only two EA games I know which require the Origin client regardless of where the games are purchased, but when you now login to an EA account in any EA game, it is the same account that the Origin client uses.

If your objection to Origin is just to the client software, then you don't have to worry about being forced to use it if you get Dragon Age 2 from Amazon. But, if your objection to Origin is that you don't want EA to have your personal or game information in Origin, well there is no way around that if you have to login to access or activate a feature in an EA game.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2011, 01:23.

News Comments > On Sale
35. Dragon Age Games @ Amazon Dec 24, 2011, 14:43 hb3d

Blue needs a new sale post in today's news.

Amazon has Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for $7.50 and Dragon Age 2 for $5.

So the $5 question is, is Dragon Age 2 worth $5?

News Comments > On Sale
28. Batman Arkham Cirty for $20 Dec 24, 2011, 05:40 hb3d

Gamersgate's deal of the day is Batman Arkham City for $19.98. That is the lowest sale price for a downloadable version of this game anywhere ever.

There are just 21 hours left on this deal as I post this so if you want it, don't delay.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2011, 03:50 hb3d

Slashman wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 01:26:
What the Furious2 ? I can't buy Deus Ex:HR at the 9.99 price from Amazon because it's only for US residents!!!

That friggin' sucks ass!
It has been reported by numerous people on the Steam forums that entering a U.S. address from a state without Amazon sales tax such as Florida in your Amazon account as your billing address will overcome that restriction. I personally can't validate that, but those Steam forum posters swear that it worked for them.

News Comments > On Sale
25. New Amazon Deals! Dec 24, 2011, 03:45 hb3d

There is a new batch of deals at Amazon today including Dungeon Defender for $1.99.

The 2K Games FPS pack for $16.99 is also a great deal if you don't have the four games already. The DNF game in that pack includes all of the DLC including the latest one.

These deals expire at 12:00 a.m. PST so don't wait too long to pull the trigger.

The $9.99 sale for Deus Ex: Human Revolution is also still valid.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2011, 04:09.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Patched
8. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patched Dec 23, 2011, 17:17 hb3d

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 16:49:
Goddam I hate Amazon and their US only download games. Bleh, this is on - the Deluxe version at that - for $20 clams. DXHR is on for $10 bones.
You need an American friend to buy it for you. Have him create an Amazon account with one of your email addresses. Buy the game using his credit card. Delete his credit card from the account. Then have him give you the login details. As long as the address on the credit card is a US address this will work.

For Deus Ex HR you could just have him give you the Steam key since that game is Steamworks.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2011, 17:22.

News Comments > On Sale
29. No subject Dec 23, 2011, 10:54 hb3d

I actually just bought my friend an Amazon digital gift card for $10, and made him pinky swear to use it on Deus Ex and not drugs. Worked well.
Since that is a Steamworks game, you could also have bought the game on your Amazon account and given him the code to plug into his Steam account. He could then download the game from Steam instead of Amazon since the game requires Steam anyway.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2011, 11:08.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: New Amazon Deals Dec 23, 2011, 10:43 hb3d

Jerykk wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 07:11:
DX:HR for $10 is easily the best deal....In addition, you get $5 credit towards any 2011 best-seller, useable in January. So you're basically getting DX3 for $5.
For those who want the best deal right now on the Missing LInk DLC for the game, go to Gamersgate. It has the DLC for $5.09 which is $5 less than Amazon's price for it right now. That DLC code from Gamersgate will work with any version of the game including Amazon's.

News Comments > On Sale
25. Re: New Amazon Deals Dec 23, 2011, 10:38 hb3d

mch wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 10:21:
Does anyone know if you can gift purchases through Amazon's download service?
Officially, you can't, but there are two ways around it. As said below you can either just gift the CD key (which is all they need if it is a game which requires Steam or Origin) or you can create a new Amazon account for your gift recipient. To create an account just use your recipient's email address for the login info or create a free email account on a site like gmx.com. Then buy the game(s) using that Amazon account and your credit card. Finally, remove your credit card from that Amazon account when you are done purchasing. All you have to do then is give your recipient the Amazon account login details. They can change the password to the account later.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2011, 10:52.

News Comments > On Sale
19. New Amazon Deals Dec 23, 2011, 06:29 hb3d

Amazon game downloads has a new set of deals up here.

Quite a few games on there for $2.49 and $2.99 including Just Cause 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, and Zeit 2.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Amazon has some great deals. Dec 22, 2011, 23:09 hb3d

Ventura wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 21:22:
Wife and I both picked up Torchlight. $3.75 each or something like that, can't beat prices like these.
Actually you can beat or meet prices like that but you have to be willing to look beyond Steam to do it.

Amazon game downloads has some great deals today that beat Steam like:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $9.99

Renegade Ops for $2.99.

Sonic Generations for $14.99

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 28, 2011, 18:21 hb3d

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 09:44:
Renegade Ops for $4 was probably the best $4 I've spent on games in 2011.
How did you get it so cheaply? The best price I found anywhere was $7.50. Gamersgate had a buy 2 get 2 multiplack for $15, but you still had to spend $15 for the 4 copies.

I suppose you could have sold the extra copies, but that will get your Steam account and the recipient account banned according to this.

News Comments > On Sale
38. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 18:08 hb3d

nin wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:58:
Amazon still doesn't seem to list what sort of DRM its games come with.
I agree that it should, but from my experience all the games are either DRM free, e.g. older and less expensive titles, or the DRM is identical to the retail copy of the game.

So, for Crysis 2 this means revokeable/reclaimable Solidshield activation just like the retail version.

News Comments > On Sale
32. Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 05:47 hb3d

Amazon downloads has some great deals on EA games today (11/28).

Crysis 2 for $9.99

Battlefield 3 for $29.99

Need for Speed: The Run for $19.99

Each game also comes with a $5 credit for use in January.

News Comments > On Sale
31. Are you sure? Nov 28, 2011, 05:22 hb3d

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 22:57:
I bought it several months ago for 4.99 off of Gamersgate
Are you sure about that? Google searches and Gamersgate's summer and halloween of sale pages from this year only show that the original Dead Space was on sale once on Gamersgate for $4.99 but not Dead Space 2. The lowest price I could find for Dead Space 2 on Gamersgate was $19.95.

This cached page from November 22 shows that the lowest price ever for the game up to that time was $9.95 from Direct2Drive. You will notice that Gamersgate is included in the list of sellers.

When did you buy the game for ~$5 from Gamersgate?

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2011, 09:01.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 17:07 hb3d

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:00:
1) No one has any excuse for not having Dead Space 2, at this point. It has been on sale for 4-5 dollars on every online store in the past few months.
Actually, no, it has been on sale for $10 not $5. This is the first time it has ever hit $5 and only Steam and Amazon downloads have it at that price.

162 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo