Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hb3d

Real Name hb3d   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2011, 20:13
Total Comments 162 (Novice)
User ID 57250

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: You are in denial about being a fanboy. Mar 13, 2012, 01:38 hb3d

Dev wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 01:26:
Yeah it covers more than 15, and I posted another post to cover that.
After I pointed out that your "few" accusation was wrong, yes, you did correct it.

Notably the point that the online web interface for origins SUCKS when both you and I couldn't figure out initially they offered more than 15 titles for sale.
You are also wrong on that. I knew that more than 15 titles were on sale. My inital post originally said "at least 15" titles were on sale, and I corrected it before you had replied to note than more than those 15 were on sale once I browsed the Origin website for all PC titles.

Yes, sales have restrictions. But guess what? Thats what a little * is for. Where you say in the fine print those restrictions.
The fine print for the sale is clearly spelled out in the "deals" page drop-down box. Here is the text I copied from there:

OFFER EXPIRES March 19th 2012 AT 11:59pm PST. OFFER IS VALID ONLY ON PURCHASES FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (www.origin.com/about). VALUE OF DISCOUNT WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM PRODUCT LIST PRICE AT TIME OF PURCHASE. FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $39.99. OFFER EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES. VALID ONLY IN US AND CANADA. SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR OTHER DISCOUNT COUPONS. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING, HANDLING AND APPLICABLE SALES TAX UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW

Your bias against EA and for Steam is clearly clouding your ability to read or notice what you don't want to see.

As I already mentioned in that post and you seemed to have missed, I have most of those older ones I'm interested in.
I didn't miss it. Having "most" is not "all." You could buy the ones you don't have.

As for the editing and posting. You need to recheck the timestamps. My post was done on 00:46. Your edit was done on 00:47.
I actually edited my post twice which is why the final timestamp is later. The first edit was before you replied. The second edit after you replied was to add the Amazon sale information.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
7. You are in denial about being a fanboy. Mar 13, 2012, 01:18 hb3d

Dev wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 22:00:
Hey what do you know, another person accusing me of being a steam fanboi!
When more than one person does it, there's truth in it. Look objectively at what you did in this thread. You bashed a sale on Origin for no good reason other than some mild hyperbole on EA's part in describing the sale for advertising purposes and needlessly praised Steam in the same post. That's being a fanboy.

I guess you don't read many posts, because I'm often critical of valve and steam.
That doesn't make you not a fanboy. Fanboys sometimes complain about their obsessions. But, they remain fiercely loyal in spite of that. I'm not going to waste my time digging through your extremely lengthy post history, which already strongly shows obsessive behavior indicative of a fanboy, but I will pull out a couple of recent quotes in addition to the obvious post in this thread to show that you are clearly in denial about being one:

"Same, I'm over 500 games...I bought many I already had to connect them to steam too"

and

"I don't have ME3, but if they ever put it on steam I will likely pick it up."

So let's review. You have an excessive amount of games on Steam including many you freely admit that you have never played just to have them on Steam. You bought games you already had copies of on Steam just to get them on Steam. And, finally you won't buy Mass Effect 3 unless it is on Steam even though you could buy it from many other digital distributors besides Origin. This taken in context with your behavior in this thread clearly shows that you are a Steam fanboy. You are simply in denial about it.

Maybe I should accuse you of being an origin fanboi.
You could, but unlike my description of you, yours would be baseless.

Anyway, 15 is nowhere near a falsely advertised storewide, and its not much more than a few either.
You are being unreasonable and making a mountain out of a molehill just like a fanboy would. First, the sale actually covers much more than 15 titles, and I edited my post to reflect that before you ever responded. You just didn't re-read it. Second, even if it did only cover fifteen titles, that is still a hell of a lot more than a "few" (3). Finally, sales always have some restrictions. This one is no different, and it's easy to see what is on sale and what isn't if you browse the Origin website.

I think last week's steam sale of only 2k titles were more than 15 at 50% off.
2K's latest titles like MLB2K12 weren't included in the sale. This Origin sale is the same in that respect.

after my experience with the latest settlers game and ubi failDRM preventing me from playing single player when I wanted to, means I'm going to wait a long time before I pick up any more ubi stuff.
Well if you really want to send Ubisoft a message, buy its DRM-free games and avoid the rest until they are DRM-free.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 04:22.

News Comments > On Sale
3. More Than A Few On Sale Mar 13, 2012, 00:13 hb3d

Dev wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 22:00:
They are advertising 50% off storewide, but its only a few titles.
I count 15 titles at 50% off just on the sale announcement page: 12 in the sale drop-down plus BF3, Batman, and Sims 3 Pets. That certainly more than a "few." And, if you go here you can see that the sale cover even more titles than those 15.

I'm no fan of Origin, but take it down a notch, Steam fanboy. I'm all for sales on Origin because Amazon will at least match these prices.

Speaking of Amazon its current sale is buy 1 get 1 on a host of older games from Ubisoft that are now DRM-free @ Amazon. So it's 2 for $5. Not a bad deal if you haven't gotten these before. See here.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 00:47.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Gotham City Imposters @ $7.49 Mar 13, 2012, 00:09 hb3d

Origin's sale price on Gotham City Imposters at http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.gotham_city_impostors is the lowest price yet anywhere.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 00:35.

News Comments > On Sale
10. You live in Florida, Cutter. Feb 22, 2012, 03:02 hb3d

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 21:41:
And I have to get a workaround to this US only download thing for Amazon. It's pissing me off to no end.
The work-around is as follows:

In your Amazon account information enter Florida as your state under your billing information. Amazon doesn't check this information for validity with your payment method. It only checks the billing address to see if you live in the US. Since you live in Florida, you're good to go.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 20, 2012, 00:06 hb3d

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2012, 18:55:
Activision "sales" aren't that great.
It depends on where you shop. Amazon has had COD:MW2 for $5 for the past week. It's never been that cheap on Steam. Amazon has also had MW3 for $29.99 in the past which is less than Steam's current sale price and its historical low.

Activision does have good sales, but it just doesn't have them on Steam apparantly.

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
4. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Feb 11, 2012, 15:22 hb3d

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 14:06:
I picked up Crysis Wars during one of the Steam sales for like five bucks, just so I could play MWLL.
Amazon game downloads has run the Crysis Maximum Edition, which is the first three Crysis games, for $7.50 several times in the past few months. With the $5 holiday coupons which unfortunately expired at the end of January that brought the price down to $2.50.

So, if you want to get a Crysis game on the cheap, check back regularly at Amazon.

News Comments > IndieGala Bundle 2
7. This is not a Humble Bundle. Feb 7, 2012, 13:27 hb3d

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 13:20:
I think they raised the prices because lots of people were using dummy/fake accounts and buying dozens of bundles for a penny each.
No, this bundle isn't from the Humble Indie Bundle group.

Yes, you can still buy a Humble Bundle for one penny. You simply won't get a Steam code if you do. The minimum for a Steam code is $1. The Humble Bundles are also DRM-free. This bundle is not.

By the way the latest Humble Indie Bundle is at http://www.humblebundle.com/ . It runs for 7 more days.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2012, 13:35.

News Comments > Op Ed
52. There is no longevity with unlock codes. Feb 3, 2012, 19:35 hb3d

DrEvil wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 12:31:
But they're crossing a line I won't tolerate when they start doing that for single-player games.
I agree. The biggest problem for the game consumer with the online-unlock for single-player games comes down to the availability and longevity of the unlock. When THQ goes out of business, are its unlock codes still going to work? When EA drops online support for its games after a year or so like it usually does, are its unlock codes still going to work? When Microsoft cuts off the xbox360 from xbox live sometime after its next console is released like it did with he original xbox, are the unlock codes for the xbox360 games still going to work? Of course the likely answer to these situations will be "no."

Given that popular retro games are still played today, the best of today's games will also still be in demand tomorrow at least among classic game enthusiasts. But, due to online passes and such tomorrow's retro games may not be fully playable or even playable at all.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2012, 19:40.

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Next Week
6. Re: Gotham City Impostors Next Week Feb 1, 2012, 16:43 hb3d

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 14:56:
It's a Batman game that doesn't have Batman in it.
Actually he is briefly in the opening cinematic.

News Comments > Renegade X: Black Dawn Released
13. Re: Renegade X: Black Dawn Released Jan 30, 2012, 19:19 hb3d

jdreyer wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 18:16:
I do wonder how they are not getting a Cease and Desist from EA.
EA approved this and many other C&C Renegade themed stand-alone game projects like Red Alert: A Path Beyond years ago. There is no legal issue.

Renegade X was entered into the UT3 "Make Something Unreal" contest. It would never have been allowed entry by Epic had EA not approved it.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2012, 01:09.

News Comments > New ATI/AMD Catalyst Reference Drivers
6. Use the 12.2 preview drivers instead. Jan 25, 2012, 21:03 hb3d

SirKnight wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 16:38:
I like the part about BF3 may crash if run in ultra. No good graphics for you! nice.
According to the release notes the version 12.2 preview drivers don't have that problem.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: Crysis 2 for $5 @ Amazon Jan 22, 2012, 14:38 hb3d

Ant wrote on Jan 22, 2012, 08:43:
And I missed it!
Sorry. Amazon ran out of keys again before the end of the day, but it took longer this time. Amazon has lots of these sales, so you should make a habit of regularly checking the game downloads page for deals.

Was the game worth it like Crysis 1?
Warts and all Crysis 2 is definitely worth $5 and even $10 if you like first-person shooters. The free updates to the game, the dedicated server software, and the SDK make it a real PC game just like Crysis 1.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Crysis 2 for $5 @ Amazon Jan 21, 2012, 03:52 hb3d

Well today is the last day of the EA sale week at Amazon game downloads. Crysis 2 is on sale for $9.99 (or $4.99 with $5 Holiday Coupon). Origin is not required for this release of the game.

Yesterday Amazon sold so many copies of Medal of Honor (free with $5 Holiday Coupon) that it ran out of product keys and had to pull the game from sale. So, don't hesitate if you want Crysis 2 for $5 because the available keys will go fast.

News Comments > Amazon 2011 Top Sellers
8. Re: Amazon 2011 Top Sellers Jan 16, 2012, 14:58 hb3d

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 14:52:
Hmm, did Amazon not sell a downloadable version of Skyrim? That's leaving money on the table. Is that b/c Skyrim uses Steamworks?
For some reason none of Bethesda's games are available from Amazon downloads, and it's a damn shame.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
85. Valve's games are exclusive to Steam. Jan 15, 2012, 20:31 hb3d

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 20:17:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.81565900/sac.true
That is a physical/boxed product only. You can't download it from Origin.

Valve's games for the PC are only available for digital download on Steam.

EA's games are available for download on Origin and every other digital distributor such as Amazon except Steam.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Alice Madness is $2.49 today at Amazon. Jan 15, 2012, 10:37 hb3d

Alice Madness is $7.49 today at Amazon game downloads. It is $2.49 if you have a $5 holiday coupon from a previous purchase.

Dead Space 2 is still $5 or free too, so don't miss it because it won't last much longer.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Dead Space 2 for Free from Amazon Jan 13, 2012, 22:37 hb3d

Dead Space 2 is $5 today from Amazon game downloads. If you have your $5 coupon from a previous purchase in the past two months, you can use it to get the game for free. I just did myself.

Edit: Offer is still valid so don't miss it.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2012, 10:10.

News Comments > On Sale
29. Amazon will pay you to play GTAIV instead. Jan 2, 2012, 17:32 hb3d

I want to say I'd read, sometime before xmas, that it was $4.99 and you get a $5 credit. Meaning Amazon actually paid you a penny to play DNF.
Before Christmas it was $4.99, but the coupons weren't valid until January 1, 2012. So, unfortunately you couldn't use them then to get the game for free.

However, GTAIV is $4.99 today at Amazon, and it is a best seller of 2011 which is eligible for the coupon. So, Amazon will pay you 1 cent to buy GTAIV.

News Comments > On Sale
27. Duke Nuke'm Forever for .99! Jan 2, 2012, 17:22 hb3d

Anyone want Duke Nuke'm Forever for .99?

Amazon game downloads has the game on sale today for $5.99. And since the game was one of the best selling games on Amazon for 2011, it is eligible for the $5 off coupons given out by Amazon with purchases from the past two months.

So, get Duke for only 99 cents! Since the game requires Steamworks, the code is redeemable on Steam.

162 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo