Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for hb3d

Real Name hb3d   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2011, 20:13
Total Comments 162 (Novice)
User ID 57250

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
61. Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 11:44 hb3d

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 03:05:
And vote for Quantum for the next one, dammit! I want that!!!
Quantum is not one of the three games up for vote for the next flash sale (Terrarria, Dungeon Defenders, Bastion).

It is currently on sale at Amazon right now for $9 (40% off). Given how new the game is, I doubt it will be on sale any cheaper since Steam's current "discount" of $1.50 on it is a joke.

But you will probably whine and not get it at Amazon because you can only give your money to your pimp Steam.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 11:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
82. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:13 hb3d

McSterls wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:59:
Amazon had it for 50% off last week, but I'm counting on Steam matching that price.
Why don't you buy it from Amazon? It's still on sale for $25. The game requires Steam so it doesn't matter where you buy it. It ends up on in your Steam account regardless.

News Comments > Amazon's Game Connect
4. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 12, 2012, 14:23 hb3d

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:13:
"exclusives" eh? I'm pretty sure I've seen most of those F2P games before.
The exclusives are starter packs or items available in the game only through Amazon like an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle in Super MNC not the game itself.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
52. Origin sales are irrelevant. Jul 6, 2012, 19:54 hb3d

Dev wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 19:40:
They should run awesome summer sales RIGHT NOW THIS WEEK on ORIGIN before valve starts theirs.
To a game consumer though what the hell difference does it make? If he can get his EA games inexpensively from digital distributors like Amazon game downloads and Gamersgate which regularly have heavily discounted sales on EA games, it doesn't make any difference. Game codes from both of those distributors can even be redeemed on Origin to download the games if that is what the customer wants.

EA may very well be segregating its digital sales efforts by reserving Origin as its "premium" sales platform for its own games in an effort not to devalue the brand names of its games while leaving the heavily discounted sales to third-parties like Amazon. And, whether you think that is a wise marketing strategy or not, as a game consumer you shouldn't care because you can still get your EA games on the cheap from the third-parties. Therefore bashing EA for not having a sale on Origin is pointless and just an empty excuse to bash EA.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2012, 20:11.

50. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 19:32 hb3d

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 19:22:
I just checked the Origin store and couldn't see anything on sale.
Which part of "Amazon Game Downloads" in my post did you not read? Looks like all of it.

There's no sales section
By the way I'm no fan of Origin, but you really should take off your blinders or wipe the steam from your glasses if you can't see the "deals" button on the right side of the Origin website which leads to the current sales. Since you are British, I also would not be surprised if you didn't see the July 4th sales which are listed on the deals page. Yes, the sales may suck compared to Amazon's, but they are still there.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2012, 20:16.

48. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 19:08 hb3d

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 18:41:
I guess I may pick up Syndicate if it comes on cheap.
Syndicate is still on sale for $15 at Amazon. I doubt it will get any cheaper than that anytime soon, and it definitely won't be in the Steam sale since it is not on Steam.

47. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 19:03 hb3d

Dev wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 18:42:
Actually you are right, they SHOULD take a hint. They should run awesome summer sales RIGHT NOW THIS WEEK before valve starts theirs. That way they can take advantage of people who are wanting to jump on steam sales....But EA is just too slow to react and their idea of a good sale is something stupid like 30%.
Actually EA is doing exactly that with Amazon game downloads this past week. Some of the EA deals that were scheduled to start on Monday are even being pushed up to today by EA to get the jump on the weekend.

Buy, hey never let something the facts get in the way of an EA rant.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
55. This is not simply a matter of DRM choice. Apr 12, 2012, 22:03 hb3d

saluk wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 18:53:
I wish they could let us choose what they use...Give us the option and see what we actually choose.
That is a nice idea, but it won't work economically for this game because GFWL is being used for more than just DRM. Achievements and multiplayer functionality will also be using the GFWL API. This game is a port of the existing XBOX360 version and that version already uses XBOX Live functionality for its multiplayer features, etc. So, the best development option to save both time and money is to use GFWL since the existing XBOX Live code will basically port straight over to GFWL.

If this were just a matter of DRM, your suggestion would be viable. But, expecting developers to create different versions of their games with major functionality written for multiple API's while still targetting the same platform, Windows PC, is not realistic.

54. Re: Here's an explanation and fix for your GFWL problem. Apr 12, 2012, 21:45 hb3d

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 11:08:
That is, enlightening. A good thing that MS clearly states that when you google GFWL Crash on Startup... urgh.
That's the real problem with GFWL. Most of its supposed problems can be solved by end users, but the software is poorly documented for them. Part of that is intentional since Microsoft doesn't want XLive's DRM and cheat-protection compromised.

But If i set it to automatic it starts on startup no?
Yes, it will run on startup then. So, you have a choice. Either set it to manual and turn it on yourself before running your games, or set it to automatic and run the service all the time. The service only uses a small amount of RAM so it's not a big imposition if you run it all the time.

28. Here's an explanation and fix for your GFWL problem. Apr 11, 2012, 22:54 hb3d

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:13:
Even now I can't even *start* the game without MANUALLY starting GFW, yes, the marketplace app which has absolutely no relation to GFWL, but is required for it to not instantly crash on startup (of the game)
This is a common misunderstanding about GFWL. GFWL games require that a Windows service named "Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant" be running when they are launched. By default the GFWL client installer sets this service to run automatically at startup. If you change this setting to manual or to disable, the service will not start when you run your game, and the game will either exit or crash depending upon how the game is programmed.

If you have the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant service set to manual, running the GFWL Marketplace application will start the service. That is why you can then successfully launch your game and the GFWL functionality in it works. You don't really need the Marketplace app. You just need the sign-in service to be running when you launch the game.

So either leave the service on automatic and always running or set it to manual but remember to manually start it before launching your GFWL games.

By the way the GFWL Marketplace client is also useful for displaying what DLC you have downloaded for a particular GFWL account.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2012, 23:15.

News Comments > etc.
5. Pot, you are also black. Apr 8, 2012, 06:18 hb3d

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 11:56:
Attention whore!
Wow, a guy with twenty-five thousand posts on a public Internet forum calling someone else an attention whore. That's comedy gold.

At least Cliff has actually created some games instead of just wasting the last thirteen years of his life making twenty-five thousand worthless comments like you.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2012, 06:27.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: Move to Florida before you buy the game. Apr 8, 2012, 06:04 hb3d

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 18:53:
Spent some time with Hack Slash Loot, and it's a damn fun little game!

Nice review, shill. Or are you just a hypocrite?

If you have a problem with the accuracy of my posts, I will be more than happy to put you in your place.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: Move to Florida before you buy the game. Apr 6, 2012, 21:38 hb3d

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 21:15:
My steam account is regional too, I wonder if activating CK II on Steam will be effected if I BS my address.. Unless the download is independant of that.
If CK II is a Steamworks game, then Amazon will give you a code which you can enter into Steam to add the game to your account just like a retail Steamworks game. I doubt that code for this game is region-restricted although Steam does enforce region restrictions for some games and uses GeoIP to do it. Amazon also provides a downloader applet to download a particular game, but Amazon's game files for Steamworks games are the same as those for retail Steamworks games released on DVD-ROM which means they are usually out of date compared to downloading the game directly from Steam.

CKII is not listed on Amazon's store page as requiring Steam, so if the game doesn't require Steam I wouldn't worry about it. Simply download the game from Amazon. Amazon is a huge, reliable company, and its game downloads work great.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Move to Florida before you buy the game. Apr 6, 2012, 20:06 hb3d

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 17:51:
Damn I wish I could buy Crusader Kings II at that price, but this sale is locked out to international customers.
You should be able to buy the game from Amazon at the sale price if you move to a U.S. state like Florida. And, by "move" I mean you enter a city, state, and ZIP code like "ORLANDO, FL 32801" as a new address in your Amazon account and then use that address when you purchase the game. If you need a new street address too, Google maps is your friend.

This has been confirmed to work by many formerly International customers including some on this forum.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 6, 2012, 13:47 hb3d

Nice post, but here are some additions.

Add Saint's Row 3 and its DLC, the Warhammer Games and their DLC, Homefront and its DLC, and Post Apocalyptic Mayhem for $3.99 to your Steam activiation list.

It also needs to be noted that the EA games listed in the sale don't require Origin except for Syndicate and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Fifteen Disney games have also been added to the list since the sale started so check back for new games on sale before the sale ends on 4/15.

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga Correction
15. Re: Foxed =! EA Mar 19, 2012, 09:30 hb3d

Prez wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 23:21:
Well, it's conjecture, sure. But baseless?
It's baseless until someone can show an example of where EA has done this to another mod or fan game project especially recently. I'm all for EA bashing but do it for the right reasons.

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga Correction
10. Foxed =! EA Mar 18, 2012, 20:58 hb3d

Quoted For Truth. Knowing EA, I'm willing to bet this will happen.
Quoted for baseless conjecture. EA has done a number of things in recent years which deservedly have drawn the ire of PC gamers and video game buyers in general. However, shutting down fan projects is not one of them. I can think of plenty of fan-made mods and game projects which have EA's approval. EA has also released older games for free like the C&C Anniversary release and has approved the release of stand-alone C&C Renegade mods.

Can you actually name any fan-made games or mod projects which have been "foxed" by EA? I can name several by Activision/Vivendi, Sega, and Atari, which is one of the worst, but not EA.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2012, 09:32.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Now shut the hell up and stop cluttering the thread, Mar 13, 2012, 03:56 hb3d

Dev wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 02:21:
Would it matter to this argument if I wasn't a native english speaker?
You really have a way of missing the obvious whether it's on EA's website or in here. I asked the question because you did not understand my use of the word "argumentative." I was going to cut you some slack if English was not your native language because your unfamiliarity with my meaning would have been understandable.

By the way is this enough of an asterisk for you?

If you want to be a fanboy, be a fanboy, but as I said in my first reply to you below take it down a notch. There's plenty to bitch at EA about, but don't do it in a thread that should be about listing current online deals. People shouldn't have to wade through your pointless arguments over semantics especially about a damn word or two in an advertisement. It's a sale. Of course there are some restrictions, and it's not hard to find out what they are. Shutup and accept them or don't shop there.

In addition don't spread lies or inaccuracies about a sale because of your bias and don't cheerlead for or blather on about Steam or any other online store unless it is matching the price or has a current sale. Last week's or month's sale price is worthless now.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 04:27.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Stop with the semantics. Mar 13, 2012, 02:11 hb3d

Dev wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 01:51:
We haven't been arguing on teh intarwebs of tubes?
Is English not your native language? While you have your dictionary website handy, you need to look up the definitions of "argumentative." What I meant by my usage of the word was that you were being disputatious or arguing purely for the sake or enjoyment of it.

I don't see the number 3 there.
Three is commonly considered to be the least number of something to be a "few" which is why I put that in parentheses in my post. It's technically not a literal definition, but it's common. http://www.yourdictionary.com/few has an example with "An example of few is three long stemmed roses.".

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: You are in denial about being a fanboy. Mar 13, 2012, 01:48 hb3d

Dev wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 01:26:
No, actually I didn't correct it in the original post.
Now you are just being argumentative. I didn't say to that you corrected it in the original post. I simply said you corrected it meaning you corrected yourself later.

Like I said, the timestamps thing is a pretty meaningless thing to argue. Its moot.
I actually edited my post twice which is why the final timestamp is later. The first edit was before you replied. The second edit after you replied was to add the Amazon sale information.

As for it being meaningless, yes, I agree, but you brought it up as if it were some evidence that you were right. It's not.

And in the front page there's no restrictions at all mentioned anywhere on the page.
There's an "offer details" button on the front page which leads to the drop-down box with the terms at the bottom. It's not hard to find if you take off your blinders. Is the sale title a little misleading? Yes, but that's typical advertising. As I said below, you are making a mountain out of a molehill, fanboy.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 01:57.

162 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo