Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SXO

Real Name SXO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SXO
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 10, 2011, 13:51
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 57222

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter Details
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter Details Dec 9, 2014, 08:27 SXO

I can't be the only person that is waiting for the "gold" edition that includes all the DLC after being burned by BL2's multi-split DLC packages.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 8, 2014, 20:35 SXO

Looking forward to this game, but I agree. Let them take their time with it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2014, 13:12 SXO

A release on Steam. I'm not a fan of Origin, but it's no worse than Uplay, and I put up with that to play AC and FC. But the difference is I can continue using the Steam overlay when I play Uplay titles. My last Origin game was BF4, which didn't allow me to use the Steam overlay. The days of me having to Alt-Tab to respond to people's messages are behind me, and I refuse to go back to that.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
18. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 21, 2014, 08:33 SXO

NKD wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 05:17:
Some DLC is good value for money, some DLC is not. Buying a season pass is basically a gamble.
This is pretty much my point of contention with the Season Pass system. I have stopped buying season passes because of this.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
22. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 11:14 SXO

Let's clarify something upfront. Nobody is flipping their $#it because the specs are too high. I'm sure plenty of people meet and/or greatly exceed these specs. The issue is that given the requirements, we're not seeing a marked improvement in graphics and/or gameplay in many of these new games. Back in the mid to late 2000's, if a game required high specs, there was a clear reason why. Lately however, these games are using gobs of HD space, and we're still getting stuck with the same graphics we saw in games 3 years ago. And what about these high VRAM requirements? Are those textures truly that high res? They don't look like it to me.

where are the groundbreaking new AI algorithms? Where are the fully destructible physics? Where are the ultra high-res textures? Where is the incredible lossless audio? What are these requirements for if I don't see any of this in games yet?

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES w/4K Support in December
14. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES w/4K Support in December Oct 7, 2014, 08:26 SXO

Since when are resolutions a feature? What's next, they're gonna advertise "now with 144khz support?"  

News Comments > Op Ed
82. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2014, 09:28 SXO

InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 03:48:
SXO wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:39:

I wish more people would actually read/watch/listen to the actual things their criticizing and reasonably assessing what's actually going. I'm wondering how many commenting here actually read the RPS post.

Yeah I read it. I would even go so far as to agree with you on most of your points (and most of their points) but the fact of the matter remains that ALL gamers are not the minority of trolls but ALL gamers are very protective of their hobby and any attempts to smear or generalize opinion about them or their hobby. This is what Sarkesian and others tried to do, and when the minority of idiots lashed back at her the establishment overreacted and took a huge giant dump on the gaming community in general. For some reason developers and publishers are hugely hostile to the long time hobbyist gamer. They have been for years, and now this comes along and the hostility bubbles right up again.

Is it so hard for someone to say "We condemn the assholes who threaten death over the internet, but our games are ART and we stand with the majority of gamers who we believe are not represented by the minority of dickwads on the internet"??
I understand completely, but I think people up in arms over Sarkeesian are more responsible for giving her a bigger and bigger podium. As I said, I'm all for progressiveness and have been that way long before all these "feminists" came out of the woodwork, but even when Anita's Kickstarter first came out, I could tell she wasn't going to be the proper voice for the so called "movement," so I just ignored her. I totally understand why so many people wanted to call her out, but all that did was allow the nutjobs in our community to fling their vitriol and make us look worse. Obviously that wasn't the intention of most people, they just took offense to someone who was using flawed arguments against their hobby. Hindsight is 20/20 obviously.

But the way forward is for us, the reasonable gamers, to stop allowing ourselves to have kneejerk reactions. The way we counter trolls in our community is to continue being level-headed and not allowing anger to fuel our actions or drive our decisions, otherwise it makes it harder for anyone outside our bubble to separate the two. Just as they should've been reasonable enough to understand there's a difference between the majority of us, and the trollish minority, we too should be able to say "Look, you need to stop lumping us together, but I get your point, and here is what I think." I think that's a more reasonable reaction than a lot of what I'm seeing (IMHO). Not accusing you personally of this, just making a general statement. And these discussions don't have to be had in one specific place. If RPS disables posts, whether it's because of discussions becoming toxic as they say (I believe them, I've seen it), or if it's really because they're afraid of discourse (doubtful, but I will not emphatically deny it's possible), it doesn't matter because the discussion can take place elsewhere (here for example).

I understand where the anger comes from on both sides. I also understand the fear some people have. Bottomline is I think if people on both sides of this imaginary line many have drawn would empathize more, it would lead to better understanding and less hostility.

News Comments > Op Ed
75. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 10:39 SXO

InBlack wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 05:40:
...A term which has somehow become synonimous with "sexist pig" thank you very much...

Um, no, I don't believe that's the case at all. People are jumping to conclusions here. I identify as a gamer, and I too agree that articles like "Gamers Are Over" were poorly worded, and sound like it's lumping everyone together. But anyone with intelligence can read those articles and realize that they are not doing so. They're specifically calling out the actual misogynists. I don't feel threatened by any of these articles, just as I don't feel threatened when people use the term "SJW" to lump another group of people together. I'm all for games becoming more inclusive. That doesn't mean games featuring damsels in distress, or Bayonetta-style half-nakedness need to stop existing, it just means more types of games that cater to more tastes should exist.

I wish more people would actually read/watch/listen to the actual things their criticizing and reasonably assessing what's actually going. I'm wondering how many commenting here actually read the RPS post.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 09:55 SXO

Someone didn't notice the note by HardOCP that the first story is in fact fake.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
24. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 21, 2014, 08:37 SXO

Well, as I recall, what Pitchford said is that the game is smaller than BL2, but as big or slightly bigger than BL1. I personally wouldn't pay $60, but it is a full game, not an expansion.  

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
45. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 20, 2014, 09:13 SXO

I'm honestly baffled by all the hate for the gameplay of the first Crysis. When I first played it about 3 months after release, I fully expected it to suck. I went into it expecting it to be nothing more than eye candy with boring gameplay, and by the time I finished it I ranked it among my favorite FPS games.

I'm truly curious what it is about the gameplay that people found so boring. I mean, in hindsight, I would compare Crysis and Crysis Warhead's gunplay & movement with Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (a game everyone seemed to love), and Crysis itself felt rather open despite not being a true sandbox environment. It also managed to feel cinematic without feeling like someone was forcing me to look at certain places or holding my hand. As for the alien area, I get why people disliked it, even though I personally enjoyed the zero-g area just because of how different it felt (same reason I even enjoyed the equally unpopular Xen area in the original Half-Life); but I do fully comprehend how that totally ruined it for most people. But thinking back to other popular PC shooters of the time, I don't understand what made Crysis so poor in comparison in other people's minds. So can some people clue me in on what it is they feel the game failed to deliver on? I'm not looking for an argument, I truly just want to wrap my head around why my experience differed so greatly.

News Comments > Firefall Early Access
7. Re: Firefall Early Access Jul 16, 2014, 08:37 SXO

Wetworks24 wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:35:
Firefall is actually fun and has a lot of things going for it. Unfortunately, the content in beta was very limited. It was mostly farming thumper missions all day. Hopefully they've added enough content for the release to keep players happy for a while.
I can concur with this. I was in the first closed beta for the game, and the gameplay itself was incredibly fun, but pretty soon you would realize the only thing to do in PvE is thumper farming. I lost interest when I learned that their focus was actually PvP eSports, which is a far cry from the epic PvE scenario they showed off at PAX in 2010.

News Comments > "Stunning" Nitrous Engine Impressions
39. Re: Jan 10, 2014, 09:56 SXO

gray wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 08:24:
And Oxide has achieved just that. The demo we saw featured nearly ten thousand units and hovered around 30 frames per second the whole time.

wat.

I mean that's alot of units but, 30 fps is good now?

That's actually excellent considering they've yet to optimize it.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
7. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 11:42 SXO

They aren't doing this to make some sort of statement, they are simply trolling everyone. The fact that everyone is getting riled up is exactly their desired effect. In fact, didn't this originally start as a personal vendetta against a Twitch streamer?  

News Comments > EA Financials
14. Re: EA Financials May 8, 2013, 09:04 SXO

Why do they keep referring to Battlefield Premium as a "subscription?" Every single time they talk about it, they call it a subscription, but it's just a one-time purchase. Is this wording they use to make their shareholders feel better?  

News Comments > Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid
3. Re: Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid Mar 29, 2013, 10:47 SXO

I would love to see the 4-player coop one they claimed the series was leading up to. Can you imagine how awesome that would be? Borderlands-style coop with Soul Reaver/Legend of Zelda style gameplay?  

News Comments > NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed
3. Re: NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed Mar 21, 2013, 09:31 SXO

The sad part is that GK110 chip the TITAN uses was originally supposed to power the GTX 680, with the GK104 the 680 currently uses being meant for the midrange 660 cards. Unfortunately, due to a lack of competition, the extreme performance these chips produced, and nVidia's overt greed, they decided to use the GK104 as the high-end card, and saved the GK110 to the "refresh" cycle. Now that the refresh cycle is here, they instead opted to create a separate category for the GK110 and price it out of reach of most people with an obscene pricetag.

Now I know a bunch of people are going to come in crying about how capitalism works, but greed is greed, and it hurts business as well as consumers.

News Comments > TF2 Oculus Rift Details
12. Re: TF2 Oculus Rift Details Mar 19, 2013, 13:46 SXO

If they patched in Oculus Rift support into HL2, that would give me another reason to play through the game again.  

News Comments > Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film
13. Re: Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film Mar 6, 2013, 08:55 SXO

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 02:42:
.net_Drifter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 00:46:
Raimi: I found out it wasn't my way or the highway, and whoops . . . that was that.

Before Spiderman 3, I might have thought it was a dick move by Blizzard.
After watching Spiderman 3, however . . . I'd have reservations about any screenplay he wrote about any property that wasn't his own, too.

Spiderman 3 wasn't all his fault. The studio forced him to add Venom, which really screwed up his original script.
Who forced him to add the dance routine?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Shown
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 08:41 SXO

I am immune to the hype machine. As far as I'm concerned, a true successor to BF2/2142 has yet to be released. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed BF3, but it felt like a hybrid of the series that leaned more towards Bad Company 2.  

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo