Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SXO

Real Name SXO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SXO
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 10, 2011, 13:51
Total Comments 130 (Novice)
User ID 57222

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 26, 2015, 06:31 SXO

NetHead wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 03:14:
I wouldn't expect any kind of multiplayer in any of the Elder Scrolls/Fallout games from Bethesda.

It's a combination of both won't and can't. They know how much their games being highly moddable benefits them, it's the number one sales point and virtually the only thing that keeps their sales going for so long.

With a game that can be so modded multiplayer can become impossible. Mmissing, conflicting, altered, new: land masses, NPCs, monsters, items, abilities, this list would go on for a very long time and goes far beyond textures and meshes etc.

The only way multiplayer would be possible in such a game is if both/all playing had virtually the exact same game, including all installed mods and even those mod's settings in many cases. Very few would not guarantee severe to utterly game breaking/crashing problems.

They haven't avoided multiplayer to focus on singleplayer, or to manage resources or anything else, it's because of mods and the heaps of sales/money mods in turn bring both at release and especially in time.
Perhaps they could design the MP to work similar to how the ARMA series handles it. You use/download only what the server has when you connect to it. You could have a bunch of mods installed, but you can still connect to any ARMA server you desire. You'll simply inherit their setup for that play session. They'd have to totally revamp how the file structure currently works, but if they had a way for co-op to function natively, I think that would do wonders for these games. It's no secret modders have worked on MP mods for these games for a long time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts
14. Re: New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts Jun 25, 2015, 09:28 SXO

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 09:20:
Just curious, did ANYONE on here buy this game? I know zero people who bought it. Not ONE person on my Steam friends list has it.
My friend bought it, and his exact quote to me the other day when I mentioned there's another season pass coming out was "I got robbed by that game." He played it for 2 weeks then got tired of how repetitive it felt.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
19. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 19, 2015, 06:28 SXO

I guess a lot of you folks missed the part where they said they basically have cheats enabled for the sake of demoing the game.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2015, 06:58 SXO

Bundy wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:54:
nin wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 08:58:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 04:18:
With how unique the architecture on the PS3 was compared to the pretty standard x86 hardware in the 360, I don't see the PS4 getting emulation of PS3-era games ever.

They'll continue to push their streaming service. which is unfortunate, as I'd much prefer local emulation (which I totally agree with you - w/o the chip, it's going to be extremely hard if not impossible).

I don't think the Xbox 360 was x86.
No, it wasn't, but it sure as heck is far easier to emulate games for the 360 than it is games made for the PS3's Cell processor.

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
23. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 7, 2015, 07:43 SXO

I wonder how many of the personnel they hired are from that big purge Valve did a while back. I mean, the team is even based in Seattle.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 4, 2015, 07:09 SXO

That was a great talk. I'm wondering if instead of using controllers that maybe they should be looking into developing some sort of gloves with positional tracking instead.  

News Comments > Division 9 Footage
16. Re: Division 9 Footage Jun 4, 2015, 06:31 SXO

NamecaF wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 00:01:
So it was basically a SWAT 4 mod. They were using the same assets and systems and even the same maps.
Really does seem like it was built upon SWAT. Looks interesting conceptually, but I wonder if this would've succeeded against L4D. It's probably better that it was canceled.

News Comments > BioShock Series Has Sold 25M
13. Re: BioShock Series Has Sold 25M Jun 1, 2015, 06:39 SXO

Kajetan wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 03:58:
So, 11 mio. unit sold of Bioshock Infinite.

How expensive was that game, when 11 mio. units are not enough to prevent the closure of Irrational?
Same thing was thinking. I would wager they made a profit, but not the kind of profit they're seeing other publishers who force annual/bi-annual sequels (e.g. Ubisoft, EA) making, so they wanted to move away from the long development cycles. Quantity > Quality is the new status quo, with few exceptions (e.g. Rockstar).

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
26. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 31, 2015, 08:40 SXO

I can't even keep up with all the labels being applied to people anymore. It makes me not want to discuss anything with anyone because someone will feel the need to lump me in with one group or another. I can't dislike one group's message, and totally disagree with another. Apparently I'm supposed to pick a side, and I don't want to.  

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
15. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 28, 2015, 07:00 SXO

Why did it take them so long to realize how flawed their cheapskate system was? What is it with developers thinking that being frugal with their droprate is a good thing that will retain players longer? Blizzard made the same mistake with Diablo III. Every single person I play BL2 with made the same complaints about how stingy the game was compared to BL.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed
15. Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed May 13, 2015, 06:36 SXO

Creston wrote on May 12, 2015, 23:37:
"You guys remember that incredible trailer we showed off about two years ago? Yeah, it looks and plays nothing like that anymore."
This is pretty much what I'm expecting. There is absolutely no way that game is going to look anything like what they showed off if they expect to run it on the consoles. And Ubisoft isn't one to bother to put extra work into their PC ports to take advantage of better hardware (e.g. Watchdogs).

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 31, 2015, 22:09 SXO

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 21:45:
So she isn't remotely close to finishing her first series that was Kickstarted, despite it being years late and the first episodes relying on stolen footage and assets and in some cases, outright falsehoods to boot but now she's starting another one? I'm sure her backers are thrilled. Who am I kidding, most of them don't care.
But why does it bother you so much? I'm of the opinion that her skewed videos wouldn't have gotten attention if it wasn't for all the butthurt people complaining about them. Just ignore them like you do the thousands of others of videos of people expressing opinions you disagree with on youtube. It's not so hard.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 24, 2015, 08:35 SXO

It took 6 patches before they gave you the ability to bind additional mouse keys? Does anyone even care about making games for the PC platform anymore?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. Mar 5, 2015, 09:09 SXO

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 22:29:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:33:
Evolve Is Dying - Ten Ton Hammer…

OUCH.

Yeah yikes that article threw a shovel of dirt over Turtle Rock

A 1 trick pony not successful.. say it ain't so. L4D is quite different to Evolve, because the maps themselves are the enemy. Not just the zombies. And you had plenty different objectives.
I think the fact that it didn't cost $100+ to have all the L4D content is another factor. People don't care if the rest of that content is coming later down the road. Perception is king. They're telling people pay $60 for half the game.

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Co-op Apology
1. Re: Resident Evil 2 Co-op Apology Feb 27, 2015, 09:40 SXO

Can anyone with actual programming knowledge explain why this feature would be difficult to implement on the PC version specifically? Often these things seem simple to the layman, but it's far more complicated than it seems (like having a FOV slider).  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
9. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 10:41 SXO

You buy keys for dirt cheap from shady sites, you should expect this kind of thing. I know people who bought games from sites like G2A, and several of them had those games revoked. This happened on games they bought for Steam. Where was the outrage then?

They were disappointed, but they knew what they were getting themselves into when they bought those keys.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter Details
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter Details Dec 9, 2014, 08:27 SXO

I can't be the only person that is waiting for the "gold" edition that includes all the DLC after being burned by BL2's multi-split DLC packages.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 8, 2014, 20:35 SXO

Looking forward to this game, but I agree. Let them take their time with it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2014, 13:12 SXO

A release on Steam. I'm not a fan of Origin, but it's no worse than Uplay, and I put up with that to play AC and FC. But the difference is I can continue using the Steam overlay when I play Uplay titles. My last Origin game was BF4, which didn't allow me to use the Steam overlay. The days of me having to Alt-Tab to respond to people's messages are behind me, and I refuse to go back to that.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
18. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 21, 2014, 08:33 SXO

NKD wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 05:17:
Some DLC is good value for money, some DLC is not. Buying a season pass is basically a gamble.
This is pretty much my point of contention with the Season Pass system. I have stopped buying season passes because of this.

130 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo