Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JSP

Real Name JSP   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JSP
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 10, 2011, 05:08
Total Comments 46 (Suspect)
User ID 57220

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
50. Re: New GeForce GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 17:11 JSP

Overall GTX 980 is around 10% to 12% faster than 780 TI. I think it consumes less power, but some review sites show inflated consumption rates that are worrying. Still the card to get is 970 as it is demonstrably better than 770, but as far as the best of the best something like 780 TI Gaming from MSI beats the 980 consistently, even when overclocked. So overall a bit disappointed, here's hoping for a 980 TI or some cool custom cards to take the crown even from nVidia's own let alone any card from AMD.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 19:40 JSP

Polytron under FBI investigation

Phil Fish is under FBI investigation for having funneled money to develop Fez through Indie Cade, a system that grants money to indie game developer, whose investors including Fish himself sat on the Indie Gaming Festival judging panel that awarded his still unfinished game grand prizes in 2011 and 2012. The return on the investment by all involved in this scheme was around $700,000.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 3, 2014, 18:11 JSP

As far as compression software is concerned, nothing beats Bandizip, imo.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 and Patch Released
12. Re: The Sims 4 and Patch Released Sep 3, 2014, 07:20 JSP

Things added to Sims 4 (from my cursory impressions)

Expanded architectural options
Structures with curved design is now possible, and the columns do feature a bit more in decorative aspect of home.
One can also determine the height of ceiling, and that of window placements as well.
The entire house structure can be moved.
The size of placement objects can be adjusted

Ability to move between neighborhoods freely, its integration with future DLCs and expansion packs remains to be seen

Custom Sims, Families, and Lots can be uploaded directly to Gallery, which can be

Premium membership akin to Battlefield premium service

Things Taken Out

More or less objects and functions as present and integrated via all the expansions for past games of the series, including but not limited to:

Pools
Children age phase
Babies stationary objects tethered to cribs (appears automatically with baby addition)
Ghosts
CAS (a big one and sticking point for a lot of disapproval)
Open world (loading persists in moving to parts of neighborhood)
Reduction of world size
Editable terrain
World editor (its release pending?)
Basement
Story Progression (the Sims age and die, and in their place a new NPC group fills the void)
4th floor and up
Height difference
Cars
Service NPCs (repairmen, tax collector, etc.)

In addition, no 64-bit support (usable RAM still limited to 3.5 Gb)

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2014, 07:29.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 23, 2014, 17:09 JSP

I understand that there is Pavlovian, frothing rage and loathing whenever Microsoft is mentioned in BluesNews, but bing is just another service that one can opt not to use. Just like one can opt not to install the 'optional' bing desktop in windows update.

I use the search engine sometimes and they do a pretty decent job. Its Map is actually better than Google for its cleaner and more intuitive interface, imo.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 7, 2014, 17:41 JSP

Better to put them on a pedestal than scaffold. Don't think these extol the virtues of war or encourage submission to the War Machine. The soldiers are just as much victims in this venture as people who suffered during that time, if anything are testament of war being hell.

That said, Google could do better to customize 'doodles' for different countries or regions where they hold some significance. I think they can afford to do that.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2014, 16:43 JSP

Yep, still over priced. I can get a comparable Nvidia for under $200 and I don't have to put up with the constant driver problems from AMD.

Spreading FUD about AMD drivers is so 2000s, please get on with the times. And tell me which back of the van in some skidrow one can possibly take off with a Geforce 760 or 660ti for below $200.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer
12. Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer May 14, 2014, 15:53 JSP

No, joking aside, they actually confirmed on the first day of announcing it that it would be an offline game.

That's pretty great. I play Sims 3, and think the best thing about Sims 4 is that perhaps Sims 3 DLCs will get some discount as celebration of its release. Island Pradise here I come!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 14, 2014, 15:50 JSP

NSA apparently didn't think the info mining was worth the trouble, and gave MS a go ahead to release a Kinectless SKU. Canadian prices for Eyeless Xbox is now actually $50 better than PS4. I appreciate MS setting the prices at parity with that of US.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer
9. Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer May 14, 2014, 15:01 JSP

It will be to Sims to what SimCity 5 was to SimCity. Consistent online connection for authentication being one thing  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 25, 2014, 16:38 JSP

It wasn't even absurd before even if it did have worse initial market position due to launching prices, at least in Canada. XOne bundle has not reflected its deflating dollar and stays the same at 499CAD while PS4 increased it to 449 from 399. So considering that narrowing gap, and I thought perhaps in this quarterly call MS would follow suit in adjusting its price accordingly. But it didn't, and whether due to its sales expectations or whatnot, kudos to MS to staying pat and standing behind their product while offering more value.  

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
16. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 15:46 JSP

Golly, for a moment I thought Steam was having a midterm sales week!  

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 11:44 JSP

It will when Apple releases a 4K 'iTV'  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 13:28 JSP

Has anyone viewed the recent in game trailer for Watchdogs apparently running on the PS4? The level of gloom and malaise arising out of that showcase was quite striking if not universal. Interested in what Amazon has up their sleeves in terms of game content service.  

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 15:02 JSP

ITS 1080p PEOPLE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS JEEZ

Only in the menu screen

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
64. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 31, 2014, 00:50 JSP

I KNOW that AMD is not as good as Intel when it comes to gaming, but demonstrably worse? Tell me how much of a difference when GPU is involved the difference will be, certainly smaller than it warrant all the pile of shit that AMD gets all the time when most of the titles released recently do not reflect it

Witcher 2
Battlefield 4
Enjoy your 20+ fps on Crysis 2 on your Vsynced monitor

The thing is, when new technology rolls around that may give more gamers performance that they deserve for their dollar, a solution that could harness the latest tech to provide better experience, the ugly partisan bickering unequivocally rears its ugly head once again, all ready and willing to smother the baby in the crib and throw the lifeless carcass with bathwater. Even with the interesting and new ways of improving this stupid hobby of ours there are always those firmly rooted in the negatives, not applauding their attempts to make better use of the resources and encouraging the process, but blinded by their irrational hatred of the OTHER SIDE, are instead firmly entrenched against anything and everything related to their attempts to differentiate PC gaming from the consoles, where an APU can now glean enough performance to make the latest and greatest playable by more people. This is all really fucked up. IS THAT YOUR 8 MILLION DOLLARS THAT AMD SPENT ON EA? FOR FUCK'S SAKE

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 14:51 JSP

In the same articles

Techreport
He was quick to add, however, that such an increase is a drop in the bucket compared to the total development cost of the entire game for all platforms, which might add up to something like $50 million.

Katsman believes Mantle's performance improvements make its implementation worthwhile even if only a fraction of users benefit. As he pointed out, developers already spend time writing support for features like Eyefinity and HD3D into their games, and those features have even smaller user bases

Fully optimizing an existing engine for Mantle seems to involve breaking and rewriting some chunks of that engine to take advantage of the new development model. But here again, Katsman believes the performance improvements make the effort worthwhile.

HardOCP article
As always, these benchmarks in no way represent real-world gameplay. They are all run at very low resolutions to try our best to remove the video card as a bottleneck. I will not hesitate to say that anyone spouting these types of framerate measurements as a true measuring tool in today’s climate is not servicing your needs or telling you the real truth.

41. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 14:10 JSP

I'd like to know where you come up with adding 10% to the budget or that AMD CPUs are any demonstrably worse than Intel in gaming. Spreading FUD like one has swine diarrhea syndrome out of the ass seems to be one sad nvidia fanboy's last desperate refuge.  

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
24. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 13:36 JSP

This list only is a part of many indicators that China and Asian region are generally where the money is, and where mobile and online gaming will see the biggest growth in the next decade. Developers especially riding on the F2P business now would ignore this very lucrative market at their peril and being out competed by these upstarts that specifically cater to the gigantic market and potential.  

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
21. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 14:03 JSP

Really, by now, AMD driver issues are a thing of the past. And AMD isn't doing too bad graphics wise too, what with Kaveri APU being released and recent report that they're making more than Sony on PS4s sold for license of its chips at 15 to 20 USD per unit. Mantle is not proprietary so Nvidia can make use of it if they so choose, there is no fragmentation of technology, simply better advances that are long time in coming to make use of available resources for at no cost to user.  

46 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo