Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phasenoise

Real Name Phasenoise   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Phasenoise
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 8, 2011, 00:48
Total Comments 30 (Suspect)
User ID 57213

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
12. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 12:36 Phasenoise

I realized while watching this just how skeptical and gunshy of being hopeful I've become over some franchises. I keep waiting for the big gameplay trailer with annoying dubstep, HEADSHOT +40 XP messages, and flamethrower DLC.

Certainly seems like it has a chance of not being a steaming pile. Hope they pull it off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
2. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 19:13 Phasenoise

The goal for 42M is to make a space combat game.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall Mar 10, 2014, 14:59 Phasenoise

In their defense, it's just called Geforce Experience, not Pleasant Geforce Experience. Possibly intentionally.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
12. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 22:21 Phasenoise

At some point, they do need to make a game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Vaccines Jan 25, 2014, 13:08 Phasenoise

I will never understand why people willfully ignore the advice of people who took years of advanced chemistry and physiology classes from little places like Harvard, have devoted their lives to understanding and treating human disorders - in favor of a gut feel from a former playmate.

I wish she'd go argue with Hawking about relativistic physics instead. While she knows nothing about that subject either, at least she wouldn't be endangering kids with her nonsense.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 25, 2014, 12:58 Phasenoise

You must be mistaken. They even say "Don't be evil" in meetings sometimes. Often followed by peals of laughter, but still, it comes up.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 18:52 Phasenoise

Seriously, why would anyone want their games to run faster or be in a higher resolution?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Curt Schilling on Amalur
18. Re: Quoteworthy - Curt Schilling on Amalur Nov 27, 2013, 09:04 Phasenoise

To my recollection, Amalur is the first game I bought but never finished. I finished Trespasser for god's sake.
SO bland and generic. I describe it a all the excitement common in the mechanics of MMO gameplay with all the social excitement of a single player game.

News Comments > Fallout 4(?) "Nuclear Winter" Teased
3. Re: Fallout 4 Nov 22, 2013, 10:30 Phasenoise

And since it is nuclear winter, it really IS in skyrim.

Hmm. Yeah, I'd still buy it.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2013, 15:16 Phasenoise

She's really quite moderate and raises some interesting points, IMO. Many people with a platform and agenda are just impossible to take, but she presents things in a less militant way which I find more palatable.

And besides, I got a chuckle out of the Put A Bow On It pattern - I never really payed much attention to that before.

Yes, I do think sometimes she cites concern over things where honestly there need be none, but it's always good to challenge our own mindset a little here and there, and she's about as pleasant a way of hearing a feminist point of view as there is.

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
4. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 11:21 Phasenoise

The whole thing is somewhat based upon that group's complete hatred of Windows, and the belief everyone else should too.
Of course the trouble is windows these days is actually solid, and runs everything people want to run. Unless your hobby itself is tinkering with the OS (nothing wrong with that!), Linux becomes at best a lateral move.
It's a fine OS. It just doesn't get Joe Average very much besides an unfamiliar environment which doesn't run the things they buy at Best Buy.

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC Next Week
14. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC Next Week Oct 3, 2013, 19:59 Phasenoise

It was a massive disappointment to say the least. My opinion matches Asmodai's: near the end I was hoping every cutscene would be the end of my misery.
Had promise, didn't deliver.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 23, 2013, 13:32 Phasenoise

Julio wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 13:17:
Why does every job have to have a split of women to men that reflects the population? Should we fire women in female dominated fields to make room for men? The concept of the best person for the job is antiquated thinking it seems.

I don't think anyone reasonable is suggesting any of the above. But when you see a particular field with demographics which vary wildly from the general population, it is only natural to want to determine why.

It's entirely possible the answer is an unsatisfying "most women just aren't interested" or "many women don't think in ways which mesh well with technology careers". Those are very real possibilities.

But let's acknowledge there's also a possibility technology careers could be similar to that of doctors - which was also a massively male dominated profession at one time. As women entered the workforce, we found unsurprisingly that there are significant numbers of women who are incredibly well qualified to be doctors and the ratio is leveling out to a significant degree. You can see similar trends in most traditionally male dominated white collar professions.

It's possible we have women with very good technical minds who haven't entered the field for reasons which could be addressed or at least understood. I'd like to look at that.
I too want the best person for the job. Looking long term, let's make sure talent which could and should go into those fields doesn't feel discouraged from doing so.

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
26. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 16:22 Phasenoise

It's interesting the conclusion they draw is not that content needs to be more compelling to retain and attract customers, but that they need to try to micro-gouge their current customer base.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced
10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced Aug 17, 2013, 09:42 Phasenoise

Card games are fun when, you know, you're playing cards with friends. On a computer we could do something crazy and do something cards can't do. Like have slow animations and crash.  

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
52. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 18:57 Phasenoise

It's cute to watch MS learn about how a free market works.  

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
19. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:31 Phasenoise

I believe MS is hoping the removal of wildly customer hostile policies will be interpreted as being customer friendly.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
24. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 3, 2013, 14:27 Phasenoise

I feel very offended by Tiny Tina talking a certain way.

No, wait, that was just gas. This is stupid after all.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
23. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 17:36 Phasenoise

This is making me very sad. Every time a new trailer comes out, I get that ever-hopeful tingle and think "This'll be the one where we are all proven wrong, and the game is going to be awesome!"

And each time, I slink away shaken, feeling a little violated, holding my knees while softly rocking back and forth in the corner repeating "It's not real. It can't be real."

The brutal savaging this once proud franchise has endured from mind-bogglingly bad movies and games lately is truly incredible. How on EARTH can you screw up so bad with this awesome franchise's material?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 19:40 Phasenoise

Seems like a rehash bereft of creativity though. Honestly, a tough hispanic female soldier, who saw that coming. Oh, and the shuttle pilot is a white woman. Wonder if she'll at any time be in the pipe, five by five.
Good thing there's a cargo loader, that's not been done.

30 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo