Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phasenoise

Real Name Phasenoise   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Phasenoise
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 8, 2011, 00:48
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 57213

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 16:16 Phasenoise

"Server sets the rules". True in pubs, true in tourneys. There are BF4 servers where that kind of talk gets you banned too.
Some people just aren't interested in that sort of tone, and want more of a friendly rivalry and respect. You play as a guest on someone else's dime, you play by their rules.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
5. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 12:42 Phasenoise

This is the offline play module.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 18:58 Phasenoise

The EU needs to be broken up, and people living there should be presented with a Select Country screen.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 09:55 Phasenoise

This is why you really do need to have a policy of paying for what is already present, not what may be present someday.
When you pay for dreams, that may be all you get.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 19:37 Phasenoise

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:15:
FTA:
This had me cackling because someone here at work was crowing about how awesome VDs were on Windows 10 and I told them I'd been using that "feature" in Linux for more than decade. The only thing I don't get is why the arbitrary limit of 4? Is that all that Windows can handle?

And I was using them on windows 3.1, OS/2, and an SGI workstation before Linux was around.

I don't know why there's an implication in articles and elsewhere that windows wasn't capable of doing multiple desktops. It just wasn't part of the OS itself. I assume MS is adding the functionality now to help deal with Giant Maximized Windows which metro loves.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
31. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 Phasenoise

Yes, what Horror says.

It isn't revolutionary to add a ton of polygons to a scene (NPCs) or shader effects. All developers know they can do that. The difficult part comes in making great engineering choices and tradeoffs so you get impressive scenes that also perform well, or at least consistently. That's what makes a top studio.

There's a lot of indication the devs didn't do this well for this title.

News Comments > etc.
28. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 18:31 Phasenoise

I want an article which combines Derek Smart, Star Citizen, and GamerGate to see how many angreh posts we get from every angle.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 16:05 Phasenoise

No, just the franchise.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 12:24 Phasenoise

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:18:
You guys are an embarrassment for the male gender. Those GamerGate pussies would be real proud of y'all though.

In the meantime: Grow some fucking BALLS fer fuck's sake!

YEAH, when I play AI I just hit caps lock and go into MR TORGUE MODE and the alien just backs slowly away. BAD ASS LASER SHOTGUNS PEW PEW.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 11:15 Phasenoise

My teenage son mocked me endlessly, calling it the "hiding in a locker simulator" due to how much time I spent cowering in there my first play through.
He changed his tune when I put him at the helm, and hey, now the whole family is hiding in lockers.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
10. Re: Battlecruiser FPS reveal Nov 2, 2014, 12:14 Phasenoise

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 11:18:
This game is going to be the next Battlecruiser, tries to do way too much, and therefore fails at everything.

I'm finding it hard to think anything but this when I see a big reveal for Star Citizen, and it's... Call of Citizen: Hardline.

AAAARG. It's as if they are completely unaware people were backing the game to get a spaceship combat game.

I think he's just jacking off with the money at this point.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 30, 2014, 08:55 Phasenoise

John wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 08:35:
How does one make their rig "sexy"? Confused
With a push-up monitor stand.

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
13. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 15:38 Phasenoise

I was thinking the asymmetry is too fragile as well. 1 person on the alien side just seems like it presents a metric ton of largely unsolvable balance and gameplay issues on public servers.

This may be a really need "pro" gamer game where everyone's at a really high level and the game can be tuned for that, but I'm incredibly skeptical of how general population games will fare.
1 bad alien, you just find him and burn him down right away.
1 really good alien, you don't find him for 10 minutes, then he shows up fully upgraded and eats your face.

At least that's how it seems from a "I haven't actually played it" perspective.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 12:06 Phasenoise

Julio wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:40:
And one more reason to not purchase DA3 is provided - thanks Gaider!

The article outlines how he wishes people would trust them as developers and not assume they are just blindly nodding along with Sarkeesian or other critics.
It seems strange that would be a reason to not buy a game.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
44. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 19:00 Phasenoise

*sigh*

This is why we can't have nice things.

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Testing This Month
6. Re: Evolve Alpha Testing This Month Oct 9, 2014, 13:51 Phasenoise

I suspect dropping DX9 simply reflects that an API released in 2002 is possibly not optimal for hardware running a title launched in 2015.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 13:52 Phasenoise

garrywong wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 11:36:
A question, please.

What with all the revelations from #gamergate, ArsTechnica's senior video game editor, Kyle Orland, has been seriously implicated. However, what does this say about the rest of the ArsTechnica website?

Personally, I have never seen it as "gaming" website, I've always gone there for technology and science news and interests. Since the senior staff of ArsTechnica hasn't seemed to respond in any way to all these allegations against one of their own, can we assume that the rest of the website is just as corrupt and not to be trusted in bringing objective and unbiased technological and scientific journalism?

Ars isn't a tabloid, so they aren't going to post speculation about implications and allegations. As you say, they're a technological and scientific journal.
They'll take action if it is needed, and not if it isn't. If there's no actual problem anyone can cite in spite of the allegations, let's move along.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
8. Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 1, 2014, 21:45 Phasenoise

This seems very overpriced for another expansion pack of the same game we've played twice.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
17. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 1, 2014, 08:52 Phasenoise

This whole thing is inane. Some people seriously need a hobby besides disliking a company and product they don't use or own. The anti apple frothing from some quarters has surpassed AMD/NVidia and windows/linux nerdfights in sheer absurdity this go-around.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month
1. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month Sep 29, 2014, 20:37 Phasenoise

In spite of their assurances, I'm not sure this is in fact what fans have been asking for.  

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo