Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phasenoise

Real Name Phasenoise   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Phasenoise
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 8, 2011, 00:48
Total Comments 85 (Suspect)
User ID 57213

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 18:38 Phasenoise

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 17:41:
Wtf? I bought the deluxe edition and I see now that it didn't include any forthcoming DLC. Fucking EA, man.

Yes, the deluxe DA:I is sadly a shockingly bad value, even among an already dubious crowd of Deluxe Editions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
27. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 15:12 Phasenoise

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 14:33:
Maybe DX12 will have some amazing magic in place that would just allow you to parallel boost performance like that, but this bit does not seem to indicate so: Lots of the optimization work for the spreading of workloads is left to the developers.

I really don't think this will wind up having much, if any, effect at all.

I'm willing to bet you are correct. I don't see this as a significant market anywhere near worth what the engineering cost to make it workable in a given title would entail.

Like you say, if DX12 fully abstracted all GPU resources and the dev was completely unaware of the cards perhaps. But that seems the opposite of the "closer to the metal" approach touted. The quote you used does indicate where the expected effort lies.

It's already a massive pain to get a title working on all the normal single GPU cards out there, harder still to get it working well in SLI/CF, and sweet jesus save us all if we have to support Any/Any.

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
8. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 19, 2015, 22:09 Phasenoise

I'd settle for Elite: Fun at this point.  

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
6. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 12, 2015, 18:54 Phasenoise

A toolkit is a great sign. This invariably means they can't nickle and dime with shitty horse armor DLC, and expansion will be actual expansions of content.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
20. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 29, 2015, 08:51 Phasenoise

Sarkeesian has become the new Derek Smart of thread destruction. Say the name, and the original topic disappears in the rear view.  

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
37. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 20:29 Phasenoise

I think it might be great for high end competitive play. I liked watching the recent Twitch stream of their best players going at it.

But man, the cost seems nuts. I'd chance a game where there's a very good chance of me being curbstomped every game for 20 maybe 40 bucks. 60 is just way out of line, then the DLC carrot really sours me even more. Christ, for 60 bucks, toss in another pokemon.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 9, 2015, 22:52 Phasenoise

Maybe it really is rougelike though.  

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
29. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 19, 2014, 08:49 Phasenoise

I'm happy a nerd gets to blow tons of money on worthless crap instead of just retarded actors and ballers.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 16:16 Phasenoise

"Server sets the rules". True in pubs, true in tourneys. There are BF4 servers where that kind of talk gets you banned too.
Some people just aren't interested in that sort of tone, and want more of a friendly rivalry and respect. You play as a guest on someone else's dime, you play by their rules.

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
5. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 12:42 Phasenoise

This is the offline play module.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 18:58 Phasenoise

The EU needs to be broken up, and people living there should be presented with a Select Country screen.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 09:55 Phasenoise

This is why you really do need to have a policy of paying for what is already present, not what may be present someday.
When you pay for dreams, that may be all you get.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 19:37 Phasenoise

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:15:
FTA:
This had me cackling because someone here at work was crowing about how awesome VDs were on Windows 10 and I told them I'd been using that "feature" in Linux for more than decade. The only thing I don't get is why the arbitrary limit of 4? Is that all that Windows can handle?

And I was using them on windows 3.1, OS/2, and an SGI workstation before Linux was around.

I don't know why there's an implication in articles and elsewhere that windows wasn't capable of doing multiple desktops. It just wasn't part of the OS itself. I assume MS is adding the functionality now to help deal with Giant Maximized Windows which metro loves.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
31. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 Phasenoise

Yes, what Horror says.

It isn't revolutionary to add a ton of polygons to a scene (NPCs) or shader effects. All developers know they can do that. The difficult part comes in making great engineering choices and tradeoffs so you get impressive scenes that also perform well, or at least consistently. That's what makes a top studio.

There's a lot of indication the devs didn't do this well for this title.

News Comments > etc.
28. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 18:31 Phasenoise

I want an article which combines Derek Smart, Star Citizen, and GamerGate to see how many angreh posts we get from every angle.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 16:05 Phasenoise

No, just the franchise.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 12:24 Phasenoise

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:18:
You guys are an embarrassment for the male gender. Those GamerGate pussies would be real proud of y'all though.

In the meantime: Grow some fucking BALLS fer fuck's sake!

YEAH, when I play AI I just hit caps lock and go into MR TORGUE MODE and the alien just backs slowly away. BAD ASS LASER SHOTGUNS PEW PEW.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 11:15 Phasenoise

My teenage son mocked me endlessly, calling it the "hiding in a locker simulator" due to how much time I spent cowering in there my first play through.
He changed his tune when I put him at the helm, and hey, now the whole family is hiding in lockers.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
10. Re: Battlecruiser FPS reveal Nov 2, 2014, 12:14 Phasenoise

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 11:18:
This game is going to be the next Battlecruiser, tries to do way too much, and therefore fails at everything.

I'm finding it hard to think anything but this when I see a big reveal for Star Citizen, and it's... Call of Citizen: Hardline.

AAAARG. It's as if they are completely unaware people were backing the game to get a spaceship combat game.

I think he's just jacking off with the money at this point.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 30, 2014, 08:55 Phasenoise

John wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 08:35:
How does one make their rig "sexy"? Confused
With a push-up monitor stand.

85 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo