Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for WoodroweBones

Real Name WoodroweBones   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WoodroweBones19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 7, 2011, 17:19
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 57212

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > SHiFT Heartbleed Warning
4. Re: SHiFT Heartbleed Warning Apr 16, 2014, 21:26 WoodroweBones19

The email they sent out seems extremely fishy (phishy?)... the link for the "Reset Password" button is a very long one and ends up using list-manage.com? I will not use that email to change my password as it doesnt appear to have anything to do with gearbox or amazon  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
37. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 20:21 WoodroweBones19

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 19:42:
RamataKahn wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 19:12:
grudgebearer wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 19:07:
Why in all holy hell does anyone want to pay a company to alpha/beta test their game?

No one is.

I guess I must be misunderstanding the part where you pay the devs to play an unfinished game and participate "in the ongoing development cycle."

If you had to pay again when the game was "Finished" then yes you'd be paying to beta test their game. However since the price you pay is actually for the finished game you are basically getting the OPTIONAL ability to play early access for free

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 16, 2013, 15:04 WoodroweBones19

Confused about the "Better plan on more doors to hit asses on the way out" comment. Why would the addition of an optional feature cause people to leave? You have to turn on discovery for your profile and have a verified phone number. Currently Android does this already for those you are friends with on G+. its actually kind of nice  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2012, 11:37 WoodroweBones19

Not sure what you are looking for in an email system but for $7/month (per account) you can use Office365. Gives you the all the advantages of having your own Exchange server without any of the upkeep (spam filtering included, etc.) and of course allows for ActiveSync with mobile devices. I could even send you a trial (my business is microsoft certified partner).

Just thought I'd throw out the option as we've used it for a few clients and it works great

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
75. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 23:45 WoodroweBones19

I am by no means saying that of that supposed 95% none would have bought the game anyway. I'm saying that the impact is VASTLY smaller than they make it seem. I very much support games that I believe are worth the money. League of Legends... game is free to play but I purposely bought content solely for the purpose of supporting a game I felt was worth the money. I've "pirated" other games that didnt provide demos and if I found they were worth it I bought them as I'm betting the majority of that 95% do.

Fact is if you produce a solid game people buy it. UBI is banking on doing most of their sales with hype/ads and not on game content which is why they are so concerned with piracy.

69. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 22:38 WoodroweBones19

I'm confused about the people defending UBI on this one.

First off as someone else mentioned 1 pirate DOES NOT equal 1 lost sale. In fact there are cases where Piracy has actually had a positive effect on sales (people who never would have paid for the game play it and then go out and buy it legit). Look at music. Same thing happened. People downloaded music like crazy but sales went up.

Also if those figures dont include digital sales I almost assure you there are far more digital sales than retail nowadays. I cant remember the last time I went a bought a boxed copy of a game... Steam/Origin/Impulse, etc. are very popular.

If 95% of people on PC are pirating your game it means your game has now seen an audience 20 times larger than it would have without piracy.

13. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 14:04 WoodroweBones19

Wow... 95% of "their consumers" pirate the game. That is absolute crap. Hell even if 95% of people who have the game pirated it (which I highly doubt) thats 15 times more people than were going to play it in the first place. Now instead of "pirating" and actually playing your game (which can quite often lead to actual sales) they just wont play it at all.  

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
4. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 15:43 WoodroweBones19

I just realized what part they are talking about. I though they were maybe talking about people running around all crazed and rampantly stabbing rats... but they are refering to a sequence during the campaign where you are attempting to hide from the enemy by crawling through a broken sewer pipe and you run into a rat that starts making a bunch of noise (you dont actually control your player during this sequence) and you kill it. If anything I think PETA should apologize to the players for almost getting their imaginary video-game character killed  

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
1. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 15:35 WoodroweBones19

So... someone "stabs a rat with a combat knife" in the game... and then proceeds to turn around and shoot someone in the face with their automatic weapon and they are concerned with the rat?  

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo