Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 375 (Amateur)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 1, 2015, 21:25 Saboth

Hilarious. Love the shots of Kanye pouting as he tends to do. Just goes to show the talent divide from real artists in the past and corporate "artists" of today. Kanye isn't fit to carry that sweat towel Freddie had.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Terraria Patched
11. Re: Terraria Patched Jun 30, 2015, 21:05 Saboth

ItBurn wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 18:32:
Rigs wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 18:28:
Ok, new Terraria player here, heavy into modded Minecraft and many (too many) hours in Starbound, where do I start with this? Are there mods for it like Buildcraft? I'm clueless... *ahem* *looks around*...I mean, for once...

I've never tried Terraria mods... I've only played vanilla and absolutely loved it. All I can say is that the game starts really slowly. It takes a long time to get good minerals to craft good armor and weapons. You'll die often. But at some point the game switches from being about survival into an exploration and combat game with crazy powerful weapons.

I've had this game forever, but maybe played about 30 minutes total. I'm not into survival games, or "building block" games in the least, but exploration and crazy weapons sounds cool.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 27, 2015, 17:50 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 03:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 03:41:
Bernie would be out too, he's a 73 year old man.
Looks great for it though.

Bernie would be a great Prez. And he's currently neck-and-neck with Clinton in New Hampshire. The income gap is as worse as it has been in 100 years and getting worse. Bernie is really the best candidate to handle that issue. Fix that issue, and you fix the economy. It's really that simple. Oh, and he opposes the TPP.

I agree with all of that. Fix the low wages, pay and skyrocketing health insurance in this country, and you fix about 75% of the problems for most people. People act like we are still in come kind of "bad economy", but the economy has long recovered. Just not for the middle class and poor. We were all told to suck it up, times are tough, just keep sucking...suck some more...tighten the belt, well,its 2015 and continue cinching the belt, but profits are through the roof. No, no raises again this year, just hang on...wealth gap is now equal to 3rd world countries...keep cinching...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 26, 2015, 21:03 Saboth

Glad my livelihood doesn't depend on the knee-jerk political correctness policies of hipsters at Apple. One reason I'll never buy their products. I'll decide if products I can buy are offensive, racist, or what have you, thanks. Don't need the Jobsters protecting my poor fragile psyche from 125 year old flags.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2015, 20:53 Saboth

"Expanded gambling presents many challenges, especially on the Internet where safeguards to protect people from fraud and addiction are harder to enforce". Funny how Republicans are all about free market and small government, except in the instances of gay rights, unions, gambling, doctor/patient rights, abortion clinics, well, hell...all about free market for their donors I guess.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 26, 2015, 20:48 Saboth

People can live without running water, phone and electricity too. Just bundle up and run down to the river with buckets. What a moron. My job requires internet access because I'm on call 24/7 and have to be able to log in remotely to fix problems at any hour of the day. Many banks now charge you fees if you actually go inside to do business instead of handling it online. Can you buy books and books of stamps and checks to pay your bills? Sure. That ain't free though.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
15. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 24, 2015, 21:12 Saboth

Qbex . wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:40:
Fury X after all that hype it's like a wet fart. Disappointment for all concerned bar Nvidia who can safely stays priced as it is with no real competition

Yeah, looks like 5-15% slower in many games at upper resolutions, AND has 2 GB less ram for the same price. Some games are using more than 4GB of ram even at 1440. Who is going to buy a $650 video card when it starts off maxed out in current gen games? AMD has some balls saying these cards are something special at 4k, they can't even handle 1440, and bog down to 25-30 FPS at 4k.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement
24. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 20:37 Saboth

I'll probably pick it up in 2 years when I can get the GOTY edition for $7.50. I'm done preordering games. Had a lot of issues with Witcher 3 that first week or two, and that was the first time I'd preordered anything in a long time. You pay full price (or close to it) while devs and hardware manufacturers finally decide to get around to fixing up bugs and crashes. The only reason to buy a game like this at full price is so you can get in on all the chats and discussions online with other people, and be social about the game. If you wait 2 years, no one is playing it or discussing it, but hey, you saved 80% off and don't have the frustrations of bugs and crashes (usually).  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2015, 19:50 Saboth

I've got the opposite train of thought. I think now that processing power is catching up, VR is going to practically invade gaming, and after that it'll be used to train race car drivers, doctors, deep sea divers, telecommute to work, have virtual sex and basically just live in other worlds (now, much of that is probably 10, 20, 30, 50 years off).  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2015, 08:38 Saboth

Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 23:39:
Saboth wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 18:30:
Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 12:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 12:20:
1. Who really thinks in any meaningful % that gov't is efficient at spending tax dollars?

Oh, the government is incredibly efficient at spending tax dollars. In fact, I daresay that the US government is by FAR the most efficient entity in the world when it comes to spending money.

They are very efficient at spending tax dollars. They cannot, however, spend those tax dollars efficiently.

True, but I wouldn't say welfare, food stamps, etc. are waste.

I never said they were. The waste comes from 800 billion people on the government payroll, and shit like the F35.

True, that was more of just a general statement to clarify what I mean by "cutting waste", not a reference to what you mean it to be. Usually in these types of discussions as soon as you say "cut government spending", some people assume you are talking about the social safety nets.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2015, 18:30 Saboth

Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 12:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 12:20:
1. Who really thinks in any meaningful % that gov't is efficient at spending tax dollars?

Oh, the government is incredibly efficient at spending tax dollars. In fact, I daresay that the US government is by FAR the most efficient entity in the world when it comes to spending money.

They are very efficient at spending tax dollars. They cannot, however, spend those tax dollars efficiently.

True, but I wouldn't say welfare, food stamps, etc. are waste. Most people jump right to those when people talk about "government spending money." I consider that money *well* spent in comparison to other areas. That money keeps the population alive, content and out of crime. Now, it might drive population expansion when we don't have a need for it, but it's probably the most efficient use of our money.

That money is directly pumped back into the economy, 100% of it going towards food, farmers, markets, and tangible products. Now imagine if we took the trillions upon trillions we've wasted on the "War on Drugs", "War on Terror", Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, defense, TSA, NSA, subsidies for billionaires, tax breaks for profitable companies and used that money for nationwide healthcare (healthcare being a major driver in keeping wages suppressed), or education reform, infrastructure, jobs, etc.

That's the real waste of government money in my opinion. The government spends trillions on foreign wars and defense contractors while our education system stinks, our bridges are crumbling, our internet and wealth gap look like 3rd world countries.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2015, 19:44.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2015, 18:23 Saboth

It seems his major argument is that the gaming industry shouldn't get government subsidies. I'm not seeing much of an argument against the oil industry, farming industry, movie industry, or thousands of other markets. Why single out games? Something about them is childish or undeserving to him? The jobs created by the gaming industry aren't as legit as the oil industry or pharmaceutical industry? Hell, if not for gamers, I wonder where the tech industry would be right now. Would we be developing VR, faster processing technologies, multi-core computing just for a few niche industries like animation, weather modeling, etc.? How many hundreds of billions per year do those industries generate? I doubt it's remotely close to what the gaming industry brings in.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 21, 2015, 17:46 Saboth

Do these survival games ever come out of Early Access? Seems like there are umpteen number of them popping up every month, and they remain EA indefinitely. Yet people seem to flock to them.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 17:33 Saboth

I think I spent about $35 total, and about $10 of that was on GoG or Bundlestars, and $5 was on collectables and trading cards. I usually blow about $60-$80 on a good Steam Sale. It's a combination of owning a lot of games already, and many of the sales were merely 40-50% off. I also passed on a few deals because I figured if nothing better came along, I'd pick them up at the end of the sale, but during the "Finale", they didn't go back down to their daily or flash price.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
12. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 17:28 Saboth

"It's 1972 and a military coup has rocked Anchuria. You, Angela Burnes, are trapped in the metropolitan capital of San Bavón. Your paradise has turned into a warzone. You take up a job as a housekeeper. Every week, an hour before sunset, you clean the swanky bachelor pad of the wealthy Gabriel Ortega."

I guess I'm a bit of a childish adult, as I prefer my games with at least one of: 1. Wizards 2. Robots 3. Ninjas 4. Pirates 5. Dragons 6. Werewolves. 7. Zombies 8. Spaceships 9. Mutants 10. Boobies.

I'm sure the game was very artistic, thoughtful, beautiful, historic, deep, etc., but playing a black housekeeper piques my interest at level 6...out of 1000.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2015, 13:56 Saboth

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 20:34:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 17:56:
I don't know what I was doing but apparently I got to level 20,590.

Edit: I'm a mere peasant since it goes up to level 100,000,000.

lol yeah my current game is at level 1,460,000+ and counting (several levels per second with all the skipping). I literally got trillions in cash, upgraded to 811 billion health and dishing out 10,111 million (= 10bn+) base DPS w/o the elemental multipliers which I have all raised to level 7 so I'm actually doing 116bn damage per autofire shot.
And I'm not even running scripts or playing actively except for upgrading stuff every two or three hours. Bosses die way too fast for any serious clicking anyway.

Dis is M4DN3$$!!11

I got into a game yesterday that went over a million. I've seen a screenshot of a game at 400 million though. It was interesting to watch the game for periods of time to see the scripts in action that other people were using.

Is my memory fuzzy, or I thought the last day(s) of the sale brought back all of the daily and/or flash prices? Only some of the games were brought back though, most weren't. I see on their page that it seems to reference "the most popular deals". Oh well, many of the deals weren't that great to begin with, lots of indie games that I'd pay $2-$3 trying to ask $7-$11 with a mere 40-50% off. Lots of EA games with only a few dollars off. Some games didn't even go on sale at all, which I found odd.

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
44. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 22:08 Saboth

I honestly wish AMD all the luck in the world. They do seem a bit later on driver updates, and their products seem to run hotter and noisier than Nvidia, but they did offer Freesync for free, whereas Nvidia licenses Gsync and it jacks up the price of monitors a ton. Without ATI, Nvidia would have no competition and could charge whatever they want for what would end up mediocre cards that don't innovate at all.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 16, 2015, 22:03 Saboth

Too bad they are so dead-set on ads. I've wanted to subscribe to Hulu for years, but I'm not going to pay to watch ads. I've got adblock and script blockers up so I never see ads on Youtube and other sites. As I've gotten older, ads have gone from a non-issue to something that grate on my nerves like nails on a chalkboard. I either record something to skip ads, or subscribe to services without ads. Too bad Hulu doesn't offer a product for me.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 14, 2015, 18:36 Saboth

Sucks for those of us that went gtx 970 route though. Tests show major stuttering above 3.5 GB usage due to the memory split, and some games hit that at 1440. Originally I'd planned on picking up a second 970 with 1440 gaming in mind (on ultra, some games are around 45-55 fps with a single card), but no point if games in a year are regularly using more than 3.5.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 13, 2015, 19:47 Saboth

Fion wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 15:04:
Why are the explosions purple?

Meh, I've about as much interest in this title as a wet napkin.

Me too. I'm not sure why though. I'm all about comic books and video games, and the games seem well-made, but for whatever reason, the Batman Arkham games don't do much for me. I've got two of them and played about three hours of AC.

375 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo