Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 264 (Amateur)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 19:31 Saboth

NKD wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 17:32:
Saboth wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 17:02:
Cpmartins wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 15:35:
Having a blast with Wasteland 2, baring a few bugs. What an incredibly fun RPG. A true successor to the original, one of the very first games I have ever played. Can't recommend enough.

Also Starpoint Gemini 2 was released this week, another very fun RPG/Action hybrid. Watch a few videos and give it a try if you are interested.

Looking forward to Middle-Earth: SoM, but I'm not preordering. Looks good though.

I got Gemini 2 today and have been playing around with it. Seems like a lot of good reviews and the community loves it. Still trying to get the hang of what I'm supposed to be doing though. So far, just did a few of the story missions and flying around doing little missions here and there. Lots of things to learn about. I think the only thing I don't like is you can only save when docked, and it can take a few minutes to fly to a docking station.

Just a reminder: PTE mode. Bring up the middle mouse button context menu and hit Power To Engines. That speeds you up considerably. It's like cruise mode in Freelancer. That, combined with putting all your energy transfer into Engines will get you moving very fast.

I didn't know about that for the first hour or so I was playing and it made things a little too slow

I think I would have quit this game if I hadn't figured that out. It would be like 10 minutes between each encounter without that. On a side note, it took me awhile to even figure out there was a radial menu. "How the heck do I scan that ship??" was what I said for about the first 20 minutes of playing. I also went off looking for hostiles and found a giant space station that apparently called in a ton of backup, most of them labelled "impossible". I think I'd like it more from a cockpit/First person viewpoint though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 17:02 Saboth

Cpmartins wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 15:35:
Having a blast with Wasteland 2, baring a few bugs. What an incredibly fun RPG. A true successor to the original, one of the very first games I have ever played. Can't recommend enough.

Also Starpoint Gemini 2 was released this week, another very fun RPG/Action hybrid. Watch a few videos and give it a try if you are interested.

Looking forward to Middle-Earth: SoM, but I'm not preordering. Looks good though.

I got Gemini 2 today and have been playing around with it. Seems like a lot of good reviews and the community loves it. Still trying to get the hang of what I'm supposed to be doing though. So far, just did a few of the story missions and flying around doing little missions here and there. Lots of things to learn about. I think the only thing I don't like is you can only save when docked, and it can take a few minutes to fly to a docking station.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2014, 20:53 Saboth

Saboth wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 20:52:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:22:
DirectTV shareholders are wasting their time. The merger clearly violates all the monopoly laws and will never happen. Just like the Comcast/Time Warner merger. They are all doomed to fail. If I were a stockholder I would be calling for the heads of both AT&T and Comcast for being so stupid.

Weird, double post.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2014, 20:52 Saboth

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:22:
DirectTV shareholders are wasting their time. The merger clearly violates all the monopoly laws and will never happen. Just like the Comcast/Time Warner merger. They are all doomed to fail. If I were a stockholder I would be calling for the heads of both AT&T and Comcast for being so stupid.

Never underestimate the power of corruption in Washington! Our government currently violates so many Constitutional amendments and laws that it is dizzying, so a few monopoly laws is nothing to them. Hell, they put a top lobbyist for the telecom industry in charge of the FCC, who is supposed to keep the telecom and cable companies in check, and not even a year later, he tried to gut net neutrality!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
60. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 27, 2014, 08:07 Saboth

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:41:
Brumbek wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:15:
As the saying goes, only boring people are bored.

Haven't heard that saying, seems pretty stupid at face value.

I think I prefer: "Simple minds are easily entertained".

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
15. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 26, 2014, 18:11 Saboth

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 22:59:
Saboth wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:20:
If you could actually find any 970s. Well, you can find EVGA, who has jacked up coolers I guess, but think I'll pass and wait for either the MSI OC or Asus Strix to come back into stock. Kind of looking like 2-3 weeks on certain sites.

Just keep F5ing this page: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx980/

The Gigabyte G1 is definitely the one to get if you want a 980, however, I'd wait 2-3 months for the full-blown high end part due out around that time. Just watch. It might be the 980ti, but it's going to blow these things completely away.

Or so say the rumors, but much of the information on the 900 series was accurate a month or so prior to launch, so I'm inclined to believe (hope) the high end card is out very soon.

Thanks! I actually used that page to pick up a card when they came in stock on Newegg for a period. Now to play the waiting game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 25, 2014, 20:22 Saboth

I'm sure shipping everyone's medical records offshore to foreign companies for cheap data entry surely isn't going to come back to bite us in the butt...  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
12. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 25, 2014, 20:20 Saboth

If you could actually find any 970s. Well, you can find EVGA, who has jacked up coolers I guess, but think I'll pass and wait for either the MSI OC or Asus Strix to come back into stock. Kind of looking like 2-3 weeks on certain sites.

Hilarious to see many 780s still for sale for $500-$600, when the $329 970 matches its performance, runs cooler, uses less power and has more ram. I'd even consider a 780, at perhaps $220-$250. Some of them are selling for around $295 now, but I think I'd rather pay the extra $40 for better power/performance, options and memory.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 20:07 Saboth

Sea monsters and sea serpents...now I'm interested.  

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
8. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 22, 2014, 20:35 Saboth

The new storefront is pretty awesome. Lots of useful features, easier access and browsing. I like that is also dims games you already own, and it gives easier access to community opinion on games, instead of having to go browse the web and forums to see how well the game is reviewed (since Metacritic is pure garbage).  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 20, 2014, 15:06 Saboth

I've got like 4 Kindles, but I just can't get on-board with the Fire Phone (and honestly, I'm probably done with their Kindles too). Being locked into the Amazon App Store, which is a wasteland, just blows. I know you can side load and do other work-arounds to finagle getting apps loaded, but many times apps loaded this way crash a lot or do not function properly. If the Fire Phone allowed app installation from any source easily, like most phones, I'd probably get it. The 6" kindle fire seems pretty small imo, I guess for people that don't have current-gen smartphones or something. I need the 8.9 to comfortably read magazines or comics.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
22. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 13:36 Saboth

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 09:52:
Task wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 09:49:
Sweet. I shall await the eVGA 980 Superclocked w/ACX cooler.

That 970 is priced to move. $330 + a new release. Wow. I think the 980 is too expensive, but that 970....

Where is the card + new release? Only from EVGA directly? Trying to check their website, but it's crashed.

This generation, I'm going for a card with a quiet cooling solution. My 570 sounds like a mini dustbuster (although not as bad some cards back in the day).

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
17. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 21:34 Saboth

Krovven wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:46:
Price increase makes this a simple choice of wait and see. I still haven't finished the first game. I played at least halfway, probably farther...and just lost interest.

Same here. Not sure how far I got, but just lost interest. I think I just got fed up with the puzzles. Really don't have patience for testing what levers to pull halfway across the board, or which teleporter sequence gets you out of a room, etc. I know puzzles and rpgs are supposed to go together traditionally, but the puzzles have never been fun to me. More like "FINALLY, that frustration is over. Damn, now back to the freakin' game."

News Comments > Hellraid Stream Tomorrow
8. Re: Hellraid Stream Tomorrow Sep 16, 2014, 19:28 Saboth

I liked what I saw in the stream. Lots of loot, lots of hands-on combat. It did remind me of Dead Island meets Borderlands/Diablo 3.

News Comments > Hellraid Stream Tomorrow
1. Re: Hellraid Stream Tomorrow Sep 15, 2014, 19:42 Saboth

I hope this lives up to expectations.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 6, 2014, 08:24 Saboth

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 22:41:
I pre-ordered a coop game for my friend and I from GameStop several years ago. The experience has entered legend to the point where he tells everybody the story, that's how bad it was. I can't even rehash the details as it still blows my mind but the short of it is...never f'n pre-order a game from GameStop, especially not a Limited Edition, and especially not two at once you take days off of work to enjoy immediately after launch.

P.S. We did get to play but we had to con the store manager to do so, making multiple trips involving varying degrees of deception

Same here. A really long time ago, I swore off GameStop due to bad service. After like 5-6 years, I figured I'd give them another chance. I'd preordered Skyrim through Newegg, but it shipped late, so I stopped by GameStop to see if they had any copies. I asked the guy at the register if they had Skyrim yet, and he replied "did you preorder it?" "No" "Then we don't have any copies" (in a rude manner).

A year later, I got a GS gift certificate for Christmas, and bought Arkham City from GS through Impulse. The code they gave me didn't work. For about the next 1.5 weeks, after spending about 5 hours in forums, on the phone, in emails I'd gotten nowhere. GS pointed their finger at Impulse, Impulse pointed their finger at GFWL, GFWL pointed at GS, GS pointed at Warner Bros, in this giant loop. I finally just said I'd have to go to the BBB and the state attorney general, then GS finally gave me a working code.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2014, 08:33.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 21:26 Saboth

Julio wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 18:15:
Interesting, I'm actually on Microsoft's side on something here. Will be interesting to see once the US government wins...do tech firms leave the US for greener pastures?

The US may not lead the world in much these days, but warfare and technology are 2 that we still do. This approach that the US government has rights to all the data, of all people (guilty or innocent) and all corporations is going to cost us trillions in the long run if it keeps up. No one will want to do business with us, they'll start developing their own routers, servers, etc. Many overseas companies no longer want to do business with our cloud storage because the government has taken the stance that they have the rights to rifle through that data with almost no oversight.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 30, 2014, 09:50 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 04:14:
Scare tactics: See how big ISPs demonize city-owned broadband.

Fucking ISPs trying to maintain their monopolies.

How do you like your free market now, wingnuts?

Exactly. All this talk of "free market" is BS. The GOP touts small government and free market, while on the other hand, they actively pass legislation that bust unions, prohibit the sale of Tesla cars in their states (at the behest of auto dealer lobbies), and ban municipal broadband (never mind all the pork projects, subsidies, etc.)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 28, 2014, 18:58 Saboth

"NHTSA is stressing its intention to protect the "privacy" of American drivers." Lol sure. Just like the NSA and CIA swore up and down that they don't do half of the things they actually do. Not only will they monitor everywhere we go on the web, but also IRL. Just imagine when your car actually broadcasts what speed you are going too. Won't even need police to have radar. They'll just set up automatic ticket machines that email you a ticket as soon as your car informs the machine you are speeding.

News Comments > Steam Controller Analog Stick Explained
3. Re: Steam Controller Analog Stick Explained Aug 24, 2014, 20:29 Saboth

The only reason I was slightly interested in this was the lack of stalks. Don't play console because of the stalked controllers. The pads looked interesting.  

264 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo