Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 233 (Novice)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 25, 2014, 20:31 Saboth

I'm sure once you install the software, any bugs or vulnerabilities it finds is kept secret and used to monitor everyone on your server, while a "A-OK!" pops up for you after the scan.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 18:12 Saboth

Axis wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:53:
Awesome article... for me to poop on.

No doubt. About 60% of them are subjective.
Lets go over the things PC gamers are right about:

1. With a moderate amount of money, and competent programmers, PC games will look better. $500 will build you a competent gaming PC. Now, with the latest generation of consoles, this line is blurred because they have new tech. 3-4 years from now, a $500 PC will make an Xbox One cry.

2. PC gaming is cheaper. Yes, the initial cost is higher, but can you pick up 10 AAA games for $50 on Xbox One or PS4? Maybe 20 years after they come out, not 8-12 months. PC gaming is cheaper in the long run.

3. PC controls are infinitely superior. More accurate, faster, with about 100x more options. Keybinds, Macros, and infinite adaptability. On most Console games, you get what...3-4 pre-made customization settings? Oh, you like grenade to be "X" button? Too bad, fool. Grenade is bottom trigger.

4. Mods, mods, mods. I don't have to pay $15 for a tiny map pack, 2 of which are simple rehashed old maps from the last CoD. I simply download infinite addons and modules for my Skyrim or Divinity: Original Sin. The textures for X game look bad? I just wait for the high-res fan pack and replace them. Or just replace all the characters with nude women if I like.

5. Online is better. There's a reason real MMOs are PC-only.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 18, 2014, 20:07 Saboth

Tim Collins wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 16:12:
Weird Al...may god bless your heart for everything you have done all these years.

Weird Al is just a damn legend. Long after "Kanye" is removed from the lexicon of pop culture, people will still be listening to "Amish Paradise", "Smells like Nirvana", and "Fat".

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 21:21 Saboth

""We are very embarrassed by the way our employee spoke with Mr. Block and are contacting him to personally apologize". Having gone through the same type of service that guy went through (also with Comcast), I can guarantee the call went like: "We are very sorry about the behavior of our employee. Now, what can we do to get you to sign back up with Comcast? We have a Triple Play Offer..." 2 hours after that call: "Hello, this is Comcast, we are calling for Mr. X. We have a great offer for you, Mr. X!"

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side in August
6. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side in August Jul 9, 2014, 19:07 Saboth

MalcolmM wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 13:31:
Saboth wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 19:20:
Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 18:11:
I never tried KB, while it actually spoke to me even before it was released.

I'm an absolute obsessive HoMM fan, to a point where I make myself believe I love it even more than I do (does that somehow make sense...?). Is this game really HoMM-like enough for me to love it, you think? Maybe it's worth looking into after after my obsessive D:OS love has been put aside.

You'd probably like it. I like it more than HoMM because this game actually rewards and encourages you for exploring, whereas HoMM punishes you for wasting turns.

I agree. I've given up on the HoMM series because the series has gotten worse instead of better.

I've put hundreds of hours into completing the various Kings Bounty games. The only one I didn't like was Warriors of the North. Dark Side is getting really good reviews so I plan to buy it.

I'm glad they are continuing to put out new releases of Kings Bounty. But I also hope they are working on Kings Bounty 2 because the engine is getting a bit ancient.

Yeah, no doubt. Some better graphics and flashier spell effects would be nice. Also...many of the units are getting a bit long in the tooth.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 8, 2014, 21:27 Saboth

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 19:49:
Cancelling days before the event? Oh it's a scam alright.

No doubt. It's great they will "honor" the tickets (if it ever happened), but what good does that do someone with $500 airline tickets for this week?

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side in August
4. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side in August Jul 8, 2014, 19:20 Saboth

Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 18:11:
I never tried KB, while it actually spoke to me even before it was released.

I'm an absolute obsessive HoMM fan, to a point where I make myself believe I love it even more than I do (does that somehow make sense...?). Is this game really HoMM-like enough for me to love it, you think? Maybe it's worth looking into after after my obsessive D:OS love has been put aside.

You'd probably like it. I like it more than HoMM because this game actually rewards and encourages you for exploring, whereas HoMM punishes you for wasting turns.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
41. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2014, 10:58 Saboth

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 09:12:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 04:09:
Well between the praises here and the ones on metacritic as well, and from YT players, looks like I'm going to have to pick this one up. Any guesses on rough hours of play?

Before release I had around 40 hours in, mainly just toying around with character builds and chatting with the community in global (recently disconnected due to the massive influx, but will be back eventually).

Since release I've put in another 30 hours, and I'm about 75% done in Cyseal (Cyseal is just the first 20% or so of the game).

This is one of the few games I'll redo fights just because its fun, or reload chests to see what else pops, reload conversations to ensure my traits are correct, scour the areas for secrets, collect and drop off barrels for future use, steal/pickpocket everything, etc. There is a LOT to do in every area if you want to, and it's a joy doing it.

Not to mention with the provided editor, there is going to be a ton of new free content like Skyrim.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 14:56 Saboth

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 14:46:
I keep reading about this game. What type of RPG is it? Is it like Baldurs Gate or Diablo?

I think it's like Baldur's Gate with some Diablo thrown in (meaning it's very story and quest oriented but with randomized loot thrown in, and there are many ways you can build your character). I bought the game, but haven't played it yet. I've always loved Larian's games though, from the first Divine Divinity to Dragon Knight (although Dragon Knight gets crapped on, I actually loved the game more than some AAA titles).

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
53. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:24 Saboth

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:34:
If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.

The only thing that was holding me back was fear it would go on sale before released. Now, here is the sale, so...buying!

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
10. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 18, 2014, 20:30 Saboth

Seems like Siskel and Ebert owe Hollywood a few billion dollars. People reviewing or doing playthroughs of your game on Youtube are advertising for you, for free, you idiot.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 17, 2014, 20:41 Saboth

A few years ago, it would have been no contest. Steam had the best deals, all of the time, period, but now, most Steam Sale deals are sub par. The only way it's worth buying anything is if something is a flash deal, and even the flash deals have been 10-15% more expensive than the deals from Amazon or other sites.  

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
7. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 18:20 Saboth

"We're simply not interested in letting freeloaders gain early access to the game, not provide meaningful - if any - feedback". You know, back in my day, we called these people Game Testers, or QA, and the game company paid THEM to do this work.

It's like saying "I won't just let anyone gain access to mowing my lawn for free, only the most hardcore people need apply".

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 6, 2014, 20:50 Saboth

nin wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 15:35:
Woman charged with wiretapping for filming cops wins $57,000 payout.

Excellent. Shame she didn't get more.

It's quite interesting that the police and government want to monitor every second of our lives, but when we record them *in public*, they wish us thrown in prison. If anything, every officer that deals directly with citizens and prisoners should have to wear 2 cameras and audio recording equipment while on-duty. If you are merely enforcing the law, why would you be against this? What is better in court, an officer's testimony of his memory of an event that happened a year ago, or a video of it? Strange that law enforcement is against this. And definitely...any law that states you can not record government officials while on-duty needs to simply disappear.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 6, 2014, 20:30 Saboth

The definition of a traitor is someone who sells out his people for personal gain. The only thing he gained from this was a terrible life on the run. If you know your boss is doing something illegal, like our government is doing, who then hides behind "national security" in order to continue, then you are a patriot for exposing it. If your government circumvents the highest law in the land (The Constitution), then it's your duty to expose it to your fellow citizens. A democracy can not be effective or even continue if half of what the government does is hidden behind "national security". You vote for the person that you think will do the best job, but how can you make an informed decision when you have no idea what is going on? I assume that the people that state he was in the wrong because he broke the laws and rules of his employment are fine when German soldiers were only "following orders"? We should have let them off the hook because they chose to follow a corrupt regime? If you want to go root out some traitors, go to Congress and round 'em up. People that actually are selling out their country to the highest bidders strictly for personal gain.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2014, 17:57 Saboth

Good on Netflix. Let less-informed customers know who the real culprit is. If I'm paying Comcast or Verizon $70 a month for 15-25 down, but they are delivering Netflix to me at 1mb down, that's an ISP problem. I'm being ripped off, because I am not getting what I pay for.  

News Comments > Free Battlefield 3 on Origin
11. Re: Free Battlefield 3 on Origin May 28, 2014, 21:30 Saboth

The Half Elf wrote on May 28, 2014, 21:19:
I still believe BF3 was the pinnacle of the BF series (with 2142 a close second).
But all this butthurt over Origin is rather tedious. If anything it's as 'evil' as Steam, and less intrusive then Uplay.

Except for the whole voted Worst Company in America 2x, DRM problems with games, threatening to ban people for disputing charges after failing to deliver a product paid for, refusing refunds for a broken product, banning people from their games for forums posts, the Battlefield release fiasco, well, the list of how they treat their customers with no respect whatsoever goes on and on. We can try and play the game that just because Steam is a DRM system and Origin is too, that they are equal, but it's like saying a Ferrari is equal to a Pinto because they are both cars. EA is a terrible company that treats their customers poorly. I choose not to be one of those customers for good reason.

News Comments > Free Battlefield 3 on Origin
1. Re: Free Battlefield 3 on Origin May 28, 2014, 19:15 Saboth

Hmmm just install Origin to get a free game....nope, not even for free.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 This Summer
6. Re: Wasteland 2 This Summer May 20, 2014, 20:53 Saboth

mag wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:47:
HorrorScope wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:32:
Cutter wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:04:
Six months overdue, not too bad but they should open up the beta to all KS backers. At least Larian is doing it right with DOS.

Man the latest DOS patch, this thing is playing super sweet. Wasteland and the other Baulder Gate wannabee's on the horizon have quite a bar to reach and this has coop and mod'ing ta boot.

Pretty sure I'm going to feel like an idiot, but what's DOS?

Divinity: Original Sin. Probably the only game I'm going to pay full price for this year. But not doing the early access, or even watching many videos because I don't want to ruin the final game.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 16, 2014, 20:32 Saboth

Comcast: "Comcast has never offered paid prioritization, we are not offering it today, and we’re not considering entering into any paid prioritization creating fast lane deals with content owners."

"Yeah, we only let our nodes get saturated which slowed down traffic tremendously, until Netflix was forced to pay us off. We can't be bothered to reinvest our own profit into expanding our network so customers get the speeds they are paying for."

233 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo