Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 284 (Amateur)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
10. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 19:22 Saboth

As long as Larian keeps making RPGs and/or strategy games, I'll keep buying them. I really liked Divinity 2 as well. A game I'd never heard of, but I played through it about 2.5x. The dragon parts were ok, just a flying/strafing minigame built into the main game. I would have preferred if you could stay a dragon on the ground and the 2 games interacted with each other better.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Resumes
10. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Resumes Dec 12, 2014, 22:39 Saboth

I never bothered worrying about cards or items or level or anything until this auction thing. I had some extra steam wallet cash, so spent about an hour buying up cards for about .07 each to finish some badges and level up to level 20. Spent about $5. Not sure why, or what I'm supposed to do with these emote things and pictures and stuff, but I jazzed up my profile a bit.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
18. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 12, 2014, 18:12 Saboth

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 08:46:
Warskull wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 00:12:
Cards give you next to nothing, the items give you a bit more, about 100 a pop. If you want ot utilize this, you best bet is dumping your cards on the marketplace and then using the steam wallet cash to buy up emoticons, backgrounds, and smilies.

Even easier would just be to buy sacks of gems off the marketplace, they are currently going for 3-4 cents each. Each stack is worth 1,000.

On top of that, you can make booster packs with gems. They are pure profit, buy 1,000 gems for a few cents. Use the games to get a booster pack. Sell the booster pack or cards for anywhere from 5 cents to 50 cents.
That sounds like way too much work

Yeah, think I'll just wait for "X" Game to be on sale for $4.99.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
10. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 13:05 Saboth

Kobalt wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 12:42:
It's hard to take a award show seriously when it's possible for something that's been out for less then month to win. And useless categories like most anticipated..

That's what I was thinking. Nintendo is developer of the year? Destiny is the best online experience? lol. DA:I certainly sounds like a decent game, but many people are saying it still fell short of the hype, and it is merely "pretty good". That doesn't sound like GotY material to me.
Sounds more like an AAA developer paying someone to be GotY.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
37. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 17:20 Saboth

Not seeing any mind-blowing deals yet. Most deals are about 10-30% higher than the best deals in the past on titles I'm interested in. Damn Stick of Truth for not dropping into the $15 range yet.  

News Comments > Blackguards 2 in January
2. Re: Blackguards 2 in January Nov 26, 2014, 17:19 Saboth

Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 17:04:
Sooner or later I am going to play the first one. I swears it....

I played the first one and enjoyed it. My biggest gripes are you don't really have any idea what stats do exactly, what ratings on gear means, and if a +1 X type of damage is better than a +2 of Y damage. It's really easy to totally ruin your game and builds if you build your characters wrong (I started over about 30% through the game). Also, there are a few fights that seem very cheap, and are purely frustrating, but overall, it's a good game.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
47. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:24 Saboth

Harrowing wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:03:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:00:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:46:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:14:
Welp, they just lost my money. A shame, too. I was really looking forward to this.

Come on, for real? Having it be completely off-line is that big of a deal?

Yup.
1. I am often places where there is no internet connection when I play due to work.

2. I rarely play online games. I'm pretty much an SP player and have no desire to play with strangers.

So play solo online? That's what I do when I don't want to interact with other players.

I don't know much about this game, but he says he often does not have internet access, and you recommended he play online.

I'm not big on "always on" DRM either. I went through a period a few years ago where my internet at home was complete crap, and Comcast couldn't get it straightened out for months. I'd lose my internet randomly, sometimes every 5 minutes. If I'm playing a solo, single player game, I don't want it tied to always-on DRM.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 18:47 Saboth

As long as the rubes keep lining up to pay for broken games, the studios will keep releasing half-working games like Sim Village, Battlefield and AC. No skin off of their knuckles to sell a game that doesn't work, because when Battlefield 38 comes out, they'll be there again, money in hand.

News Comments > Blackguards 2 Video
6. Re: Blackguards 2 Video Nov 6, 2014, 18:08 Saboth

MalcolmM wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:36:
I really wanted to like Blackguards, and I struggled through it for about 20 hours. For me, nothing about the game was enjoyable.

Many people complained about how tough the first game was. I don't mind a tough game, if when I loose a battle, I start to understand what I am doing wrong. I never got that experience in Blackguards, when I lost I had no idea how to improve my characters. Far to many poorly thought out and explained attributes, many of which were useless. It was quite easy to spend a lot of time building your characters and through unfortunate choices, get stuck in the game.

Yeah, it was totally possible to build your characters in a way that made the game pretty much unplayable. Stats are poorly explained, as is loot. I suppose if you are familiar with the base game's rulebook and all that it may have made sense, but much of the time, I had no idea if an item was actually an upgrade or not. Just say "Damage 15 with 3 fire damage" or something so I can see that it's better than 14 damage. I kind of had a love/hate relationship with that game (similar to Dark Souls).

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer Oct 23, 2014, 21:21 Saboth

born2expire wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 21:10:
Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:52:
Minimum 680GTX? Wha...?

So either your engine is a terrifying piece of shit, or you're just putting up ridiculous requirements to hopefully stop it from running like a terrible piece of shit.

you mean 30FPS? Yeah they are doing that, Why Assassin's Creed Unity Runs at 30 Frames Per Second

"that the locked resolution and frame rate on both consoles weren't made "to account for any one system."

We should believe that? Due Xbone being underpowered, apparently they want to pile on the bs that 1080p and 60 fps is unachievable.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 23, 2014, 20:44 Saboth

MMM, finally got Saints Row IV, GotC, for $10.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 14, 2014, 19:31 Saboth

So, the study merely asked for the opinions of a bunch of people (some professionals, some not), and the result was a slight majority believe that violent media is bad for children. That question is *so* open-ended, it is ridiculous. You are merely asking for opinions of people that may or may not even know anything about the subject. Also, what is "negative"? The kid has a nightmare? The kid becomes scared of clowns? The kid becomes a serial killer? What is the "violent media" we are talking about? Are we talking about a 2 year old playing the Hot Coffee mod? That doesn't even get into the fact they changed the study *after* it was peer reviewed with a modified conclusion. That study is a joke, but every single halfwit talking-head and politician is going to latch onto it as irrefutable proof.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2014, 18:19 Saboth

As I've gotten older, I've come to find advertising more and more unbearable. I watch almost no TV that isn't recorded first (so I can skip the ads). The sole reason I haven't bothered with Hulu is I am not paying them to watch advertisements that I can't skip. If they want to do a $12 or $15 model with no ads, then we can talk.

As for Netflix...good on them for turning it down. I don't have Netflix currently, but one of the main reasons I had them in the past was no advertising.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 12, 2014, 19:54 Saboth

Heh, just as predicted. Comcast and Verizon reams Netflix, and Netflix turns around and reams its customers. Then Comcast and Verizon likely ream the customers too, with another arbitrary price increase for service. It's like Americans are being double charged for internet service. I remember one one Comcast raised my rates twice in a year. Then another, they raised rates, then started charging for "free" converter boxes. And people are actually considering letting them buy up more competitors.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 12, 2014, 19:51 Saboth

Credit monitoring for a year...what good does that do? If they got your CC, your CC company will issue you a new card, and you are gtg. If they got other personal information (like in some other data breaches), thieves now have the tools to steal your identity 6 months from now, or 6 years from now. It's nothing but a symbolic gesture, and worthless.  

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
2. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 9, 2014, 11:01 Saboth

I got about 45% through the first one. I do love dungeon crawlers, but I've always disdained copious puzzles. I like fighting, getting loot, figuring out battles, not pulling 10 chains in various sequences to get a door to open, or stepping on 15 teleporters for an hour. I know, I know, Eye of the Beholder, et. al. had them, and I hated them back then too.  

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
17. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 20:38 Saboth

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:41:
Origin is a part of EA and EA is a part of my shit list so even when they do this, there's no way I'll bite. They could have a box of kittens included and I still wouldn't budge.

It baffles my friends who don't understand my zero EA stance and every time they get pissed off with them, they'll get mad, say they've sworn off EA but immediately fold like a house of damp cards when a carrot gets dangled in front of them. It's like an abusive relationship.

That's my take too. People are always like "I can't figure out why you have a beef with EA and Origin." Well, look at their track record, how they've treated studios under them in the past, how they've released unfinished, buggy games, how their EULA strips you of rights. People have paid full price for broken games, and EA's stance is "sucks to be you, we'll fix it, eventually maybe." Recall people being banned from the games they bought because of forum posts. Steam gets my business because over the years, they've improved their service, listened to gamers, and provide value. The *only* reason to use Origin is EA has stuck their games behind a proprietary DRM scheme. So you'd give them your business not because you want to, or they are great, but because it's the only way to play their games.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 18:58 Saboth

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:09:
One of the common complaints I've been seeing about SG2 is that it feels like a lifeless galaxy. No chatter, no meeting NPCs in places, etc. Kind of like a Freelancer lite sort of thing, as in the fundamentals are all there, but all the bells and whistles that give it fun and depth are missing. I'll grab it at some point, but definitely going to give it some time first.

And W2 is ok, but DOS is miles better IMO.

Yeah, the fundamentals are there, but it does seem repetitious. There's about 4-5 different types of missions, and you do them repeatedly. There are no connections between factions, and your actions in any part of the galaxy doesn't mean much (like if you wiped out all of the enemies in one section, the enemy still retains that section, permanently). Right now, I think it will probably be entertaining for about 2-3 weeks (and that's only for people that are addicted to leveling and gearing up in games, and don't mind repetition). Once you get the maximum level ships, I don't imagine there will be a lot of reason to continue besides just finishing mapping the galaxy.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 12:05 Saboth

I've been having a lot of fun with Starpoint Gemini 2. It was a bit tough at first, because I was out leveling my income, which meant I was having trouble even on 1 v 1 battles, but once I got a destroyer, it all turned around. Now I've got a battleship, and I'm taking everyone to school.  

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
5. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 17:51 Saboth

If I were this publisher, I'd wait a bit for the clamor about Mordor to die down before releasing this.  

284 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo