Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 323 (Amateur)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders
2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders Apr 23, 2015, 21:51 Saboth

I could never get into VI. It just felt like the computer was cheating all of the time. I'd win some victories pretty handily, and the CPU would show up with a force 2x stronger than mine despite having fewer resources. So I somehow beat them, and the CPU shows up with another force, even stronger. Just gave up not far into it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2015, 21:45 Saboth

Why not start a fire and pose as the fire department? How about block their sewer and when the house fills up with sewage, pose as Roto-Rooter? These law enforcement agencies have gone off the rails.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
19. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 18:34 Saboth

Jerykk wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:01:
Maybe it's just me but I really don't care about leveling. I play RPGs for interesting choices. PoE's quest design offers many interesting choices even without XP rewards.

Not me, I play for the constant thrill of "bettering" my characters. More loot, more levels, more abilities, and that feeling of "I was weak to start, but now I'm powerful". Hell, I'll even play games like CoD if they let me level up and gain abilities/weapons/etc. I enjoy the story, background etc. as well, but that's not my main draw to RPGs.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 11, 2015, 15:22 Saboth

Jivaro wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 10:31:
Since there is DLC coming, it is not unreasonable to imagine that new NPCs the represent previously unused classes will become available.

I started a new game on hard, and the only NPC in my party is the warrior. The NPC members are terrible. Their stats are all over the place, they take bad skills, and bad spells and are like having a party of handicapped players. I'm not saying they should have all 18s in their stats, but some of them have like 10s, 11s, etc in important stats for their class.

I feel like having a party of 6 built properly on hard is about the same difficulty as playing on normal with a party of story NPCs.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 10, 2015, 17:59 Saboth

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:12:
Stanly Manly wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 13:55:
What level is your barbarian? I tried playing one on path of the damned, and got killed on the second fight where you get ambushed by two bandits, hah!

Right now my main is a Cipher, and I love it. I am dual wielding, melee focused, with awesome spells on top. Don't know how it could get much better. Straight up fighter seems pretty awesome as well, and priest blows away druid and wizard, imho. Everything else is just flavor.

I've got one playthrough going with a cipher. He's pretty fun. My main problem is with the spells that link you to someone else, and a beam is attached that hurts everyone inside. All it takes is one enemy to suddenly change directions, and the beam just sliced through 2 of my guys. I'm not sure why the guide on Steam recommends those beams so much (although they do hit hard).

Druid and Wizard get very strong, honestly. It takes a more than a few levels though.

Only classes I am underwhelmed by so far are Paladin and Monk... Paladin auras are fairly low range without a lot of INT, and don't do much compared to Priest/Druid/Wizard/Cipher spells. Fighters are better tanks by far, on top of that. Monks... I feel they may need a fan patch, the whole taking wounds to use abilities isn't great. Still, my monk has just started practically, I may just wait until post patch 1.04 to finish that playthrough.

My Rogue, mostly ranged, some melee Estoc 2h work, is a beast. Even with nerfed Arbalests, he gibs people all the time. His game is pretty much over though, everybody is max level and I'm just finishing up side quests and bounties for the sake of OCD.

More on topic: even the current gog.com patch, v 1.0.3.530, is fully playable the whole way through the game. Steam seems to be ahead by a few hot fixes on top of that, before we even consider this beta 1.04 stuff. I'm looking forward to Steam beta testing the patches before they get to me on gog.

Hmm, was just going to post that druid aoes do kickbutt damage by endgame. Mages were a bit disappointing for me so far, feeling more like utility and debuffs in general.

News Comments > Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today
15. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 20:11 Saboth

Final Fantasy IIXVXXXVIIIIVXX?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 6, 2015, 19:56 Saboth

crypto wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 15:24:
"Intel Core i3 vs. Core i5 vs. Core i7- A Value and Performance Analysis."

Nice article, thanks I needed that

Looks like you are far better off skipping the i7 or even the i5 and using the extra $100-$200 to get a top end videocard (if all you care about is gaming).

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2015, 15:39 Saboth

I'm not sure how this is a "transphobic" joke.

The man intended to have sex with a woman. The woman was a man pretending to be a woman. Upon learning this, the man became upset and jumped from a cliff. If anything, it's more like the man was sexually assaulted by another man pretending to be a woman, and committed suicide out of grief of being sexually assaulted.

If it were a woman being tricked/forced/coerced into having sex with a man under false pretenses, and committed suicide, I believe the outcry would be the opposite. However, since it's a man, he should simply suck it up and be ok with it.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
21. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 3, 2015, 22:04 Saboth

Heh, the forums on Steam are blowing up with a bunch of kids crying about a joke that was removed from the game. The joke was something about a guy slept with a woman, that turned out to be a man, then he jumped off of a cliff in despair, but someone complained, so they removed it, so now every other post on the forums is about "freedom of speech" and "Social Justice Warriors" and Obsidian is a sellout and the game sucks now, "I'm going to give it a negative review!" I don't think the joke should have been removed, but making 500 forum posts about it and panning the whole game over it is a bit ridiculous.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 2, 2015, 20:56 Saboth

I've currently got 105 down with Comcast, and right now (8:51 pm), I'm getting 29 Mbps. Some nights, that's as low as 5-10 Mbps. All depends on neighborhood traffic. I get 105-110+ all day long, but during the hours I'm actually on the internet, I'm getting 1/10-1/3 of the speed I'm paying for. So that "2 GB" might end up being more like 50-100 in the real world.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 1, 2015, 17:59 Saboth

Xulima's a great RPG for anyone that likes RPGs and hasn't picked it up yet. I'd place it up there with Grimrock any day of the week. One of those "OMG, how could I never have heard of this game?" titles once you finally discover it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2015, 19:59 Saboth

$105 a month for 105 down, 10 up with Comcast (actually, I've got a special deal for 12 months for $65 a month, but $105 is the regular price). However, I usually only get 105 speeds during the day or early morning. In prime time, I get more like 5-50.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 26, 2015, 21:29 Saboth

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:18:
I am in the Anthem boat with the other 78.8 million.

With SSN stolen, it should be credit protection/repair for life right?, if those who stole it waited 3 years, nobody will have it fresh in mind, although I suspect this won't be the last time my personal info will be stolen.

If you have followed the TurboTax stories, it is perfectly ok to use the same SSN as somebody else multiple times, that won't prevent the filing to IRS.

Only 3 weeks to a month later TurboTax will notify IRS of any potential fraud.

Yeah, I think Anthem owes everyone involved credit monitoring and ID protection for life. 2 years is a joke. Absolutely worthless. Class action lawsuit? Why bother? They'll pay a few hundred million, and each person affected will receive $1, and the lawyers get $200 million. Anthem might as well buy out one of these credit monitoring companies and just offer free protection for every Anthem customer. Also, our government needs to get on the ball and offer PIN numbers for every important account like taxes, social security, etc. Even the IRS recognizes what needs to be done, but says it can't implement proper security because of budgetary constraints, and you have to wait until you are a victim until they will even offer a PIN.

News Comments > Reload Released
11. Re: Reload Released Feb 15, 2015, 19:53 Saboth

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 18:33:
Can someone explain to me how one makes a target out of mental?

First, you have to be a telekinetic, then form a picture of a target in your mind.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 8, 2015, 12:45 Saboth

These aholes aren't "pranksters". This is akin to yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater. The chances of someone getting hurt or killed skyrockets in a SWAT situation. What if the swatted person thought someone was breaking into their home and pulled gun on the cops, or a cop's finger slips on the trigger? Not to mention, how many other people's lives are in danger because a bunch of cops are responding to a non-incident while robberies or homicides are occurring on the other side of town? These guys need a good 5-10 years in prison.  

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches
2. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches Feb 7, 2015, 12:08 Saboth

El Pit wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:21:
Opulencia? Call me when it's Copulatia!

You are thinking of that other game, "The Mighty Quest for Epic Booty"

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 19:43 Saboth

My problem with their response is not only do we have to wait weeks before we get more information or snail mail (giving any thieves a giant head-start), but most of their solutions seem to be temporary.

Right now, you can't even really say you were harmed, because there is a chance your information wasn't one of the ones stolen, so they can claim you aren't affected. Most of their solutions seem to be good for 0-1 years. What happens 3, 6, 19 years from now when someone actually decides to start using that data? You think I can go to Anthem and say "remember 20 years ago, you guys lost my data? It cost me 10k to fix my credit, so you guys owe me." Yeah...

For now, I put a 3 month fraud alert on my credit, so if anyone tries to open a new account they will have difficulty. If I get a letter stating my information was stolen, it may be time to seek some legal representation. 1 year of credit protection or repair is a joke.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2015, 19:34 Saboth

I picked it up. I hated the tower defense missions of VH1, but I actually liked them a lot in VH2, and was disappointed when those missions ran out.

I've only played a few maps, but this is almost identical to the VH2 TD minigames, except you level up your traps as well as yourself. I hope it is not a short game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 5, 2015, 18:49 Saboth

As an Anthem customer, this one has me steamed. People are lumping this in with Target, Home Depot, etc., but those are peanuts in comparison. Sure, more users were compromised, but what did they get? Credit Card numbers? Big whoop, they cancel them almost instantly and you get a new card. This hack was supposedly addresses, socials, birth dates, medical numbers, contact information. Basically everything needed to steal accounts or open up new accounts. I'm sure they'll try and pawn off "one year of free credit monitoring" as some kind of remedy, but once that info is in the wild, it's circulating perpetually. I'm thinking lifetime credit protection.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 31, 2015, 15:11 Saboth

I'd always thought Xhamster was supposed to be one of the "safer" sites to visit. I've been on a few times recently, but haven't gotten any warnings from Eset or Malwarebytes. Then again, I've got noscript and adblock on, so the only thing that should load is the video and not ads with malware.  

323 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo