Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 201 (Novice)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced
9. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced Apr 22, 2014, 19:03 Saboth

I'm all over KB like white on rice, but the last 2 have left me wanting. The last one was huge, but only because they reused maps and many monsters/models/items and moved things around a bit. There really wasn't that much new content. The one before didn't really feel cohesive. They need a new engine, with all new content basically. I'll probably buy this, but if it's similar to the last one, I'm going to wait until like a 50%+ sale.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 21, 2014, 23:25 Saboth

I sort of wonder about the timing. Just a few weeks after giving more money to Comcast to upgrade their bandwidth (which frankly should come from the money Comcast customers are paying), Netflix jacks up their rates while Comcast is seeking a merger with TWC, which makes Comcast look really bad. Could be a bit of payback, and they've probably been looking to raise rates for awhile now, so no time like now after getting extorted by Comcast.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Apr 8, 2014, 19:24 Saboth

Some of those buffs seem pretty insane. Like 150-200% more damage on some of them. Most of them seem very needed though.

I would have liked to have seen a save system implemented for Adventure Mode though, because if you get disconnected from the server, you lose all your progress, which is pure BS, since 99% of the disconnects have been on their side vs isp side.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
15. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 4, 2014, 23:23 Saboth

The only thing I dislike now is when you are playing adventure mode and the server drops you, you lose all of your progress, since there doesn't seem to be any save points. Very frustrating to get down to the last 1-2 bounties then have it all wiped.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 30, 2014, 19:14 Saboth

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 19:02:
I wouldn't mind seeing big competition for Youtube. Sometimes it gets a little uppity.

I don't like how they've handled copyright issues, in that any corporation can just claim whatever, without any proof, and it's up to you to prove you own your content, and also it's gotten so crowded that it's congested frequently. I laugh at the "144p" resolution.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 19:11 Saboth

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:34:
I agree there's something to be said for that. It's like buying a new car and the dealer telling you you're not allowed to ever sell it. It's not like HB isn't making their money. No one is technically stealing anything here.

Sounds like piracy advocacy to me. The terms explicitly state you can't resell the games. Just like when you buy those large packs of tiny crackers or chips that say "not for resale".

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 30, 2014, 19:08 Saboth

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 16:06:
they'll keep the 4", and add a 5". Old Steve-o will roll in his grave, but Apple doesn't get to decide the size. The market has spoken. BIGGER.

The joke's always been how cell phones will get smaller and smaller over time (Futurama had a good bit), but turns out they are getting bigger and bigger! I've got an S4 with a 5" screen, and it seems decent, but it's hard to just slip in your pocket, and it's on the verge of awkward when holding in 1 hand, if you have small hands.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
162. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 21:50 Saboth

El Pit wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 01:16:
Next: Facebook Acquires Steam, Steam Renamed to Facebook Games

Lord, I'd have to go back to consoles.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
36. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:39 Saboth

Well, that blows. I think the only other thing that would be as bad is if EA bought them and Rift only worked on Origin games. I can't think of too many times someone investing or buying a company was actually bad for the proposed company and product, but this is one of them, as gamer interest is going to fall.  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
30. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 18:25 Saboth

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 16:08:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:27:
When a majority of people here get excited about a game I get excited. I've been ignoring D3 until recently with the new patch and expansion, starting to think I should take a look.

Are you so excited? That you just can't hide it? Are you about to lose control and think you like it?

Lol. I went ahead and bit the bullet since it was 19.99 and I'm enjoying it. Can't decide on a class though. Everywhere you look, everyone sings the praises of the Wizard, but I found it just kind of boring after about 15 levels. I had more fun on the WD and Demon Hunter, but Demon Hunter seems to be the redheaded stepchild of the game.

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2014, 20:48 Saboth

Panickd wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 17:42:
I love the "worst company in America" brackets because people actually believe it means anything to be called the worst. Comcast is shit but rakes in billions every year. The same could be said of Activision, EA, AT&T and a whole raft of other corporations.

Shitty customer service? Shady business practices? Treat your employees like trash? Don't worry, none of your customers really care. You'll still rake in billions! Why would any of these companies stop their crappy behavior when it would actually cost them money to do so and eat into the massive profits they're making? "I know Comcast is the worst company in history and their CEO bathes in the blood of kittens, but I need my cable TV, so...."

Yes, and Comcast has been shedding TV subscriptions, and EA profits were lower than expected, which means their terrible service and product is costing them $. Frankly, if there were any competition in many cities, Comcast would be hurting big time right now, but when you are the only game in town for internet, people don't have much choice, and that goes back to having regulators and law makers in their back pockets.

EA's had a big year of terrible product and service, what with the Sim Town Fiasco, delivering a broken product in the form of BF4. They also seem to just live in a state of denial about their problems.

Are there more evil companies like Monsanto or perhaps Walmart? Sure. But personally, they have done nothing to me directly that would warrant my vote. Gamers that have been crapped on as far as customer service for broken games after spending $60, $120, etc., might take issue with a company not delivering what you pay for, repeatedly, mostly due to unnecessary DRM that harms paying customers. Remember, the contest isn't "Most Evil Company", it's from Consumerist, which is a company concerned about consumer rights and customer service. So the contest is really "what company is crappy to customers and not giving a damn?"

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 18:35 Saboth

It's funny to hear their excuses. It all boils down to overcharging for crap service and product. I was perfectly fine with Comcast for 10 years until they went to an all digital signal so I couldn't plug the cable directly into my TV. They provided 2 converter boxes for free. Then a few months later, started trying to charge $2 each for those free boxes. I called them up to get the charge taken off, and they said not possible (this was the straw that broke the camel's back). So I cancelled and with with Direct TV. THEN Comcast unleashed a deluge of calls trying to get me to sign back up with "special promotions". I said too late, I signed a 2 year contract. They said well, no one said you couldn't have TV with us and Direct TV! Unbelievable.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2014, 18:14 Saboth

Luke wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 06:10:
And yet another top 10 from the makers of scamware/spyware browser , and the crowd goes banana Book
Sounds like someone got banned for hacks!

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans
8. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans Mar 6, 2014, 20:56 Saboth

Shaq has a reported net worth of 350+ million dollars. They want 450k to make a game about him. Seems like if he had faith in it, he'd put up most/all of it, for a return on investment?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
37. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 20:57 Saboth

Regarding Comcast offering internet to poor people: '5 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1 Mbps, according to a company FAQ.' for $9.95 a month. I currently pay $50 a month for 6 mbps down and 1 mbps up from Comcast, which is sad in its own right, before we get into people getting it for 1/5 the cost.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 27, 2014, 20:03 Saboth

Acleacius wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 18:55:
Steam login working for anyone else, I've tried for the last 15 minutes? I don't see any problem on my end (even tried rebooting), no problem hitting webpages anywhere, even Steam. The problem just seems to be logging in online, to play/buy some games.

Edit: Working again, seems it was a Steam software update happening right now.

Mine was down earlier too. That's 2x in a week I couldn't log in. It would be nice if there was some kind of notification saying "steam is down" or "steam is updating" instead of "something must be wrong with your network or firewall". The first few times I got the error, I wasted some time checking router, cable modem, firewall, etc.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
32. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 20:52 Saboth

Nothing in any of the things I've seen have made me interested in this. For an MMO to grab me now, it's going to need to be pretty groundbreaking. I enjoyed Skyrim because I felt like I was exploring a huge open world by myself. You could walk for almost an hour just looking at streams and rivers, wildlife, etc. Taking that away and dumping you in small areas with a bunch of 15 year olds that are going to be screaming in zone chat "where do you find the quest guy for the Level 3 pants???" completely stomps all over what made Elder Scroll games great. I'd also give this a pass if the game world was somehow so huge that I could play for 2 hours and not see another person, but it sounds like standard size zones for another grindy mmo.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 20, 2014, 20:03 Saboth

Whelp, time to bite on Might and Magic X. $25 wasn't a bad price, but I kick myself any time I pay full price for a game. Think I'll get Clash too.  

News Comments > Sacred 3 This Summer
7. Re: Sacred 3 This Summer Feb 19, 2014, 18:48 Saboth

I'm still trying to work my way through Sacred 2. Got about halfway through and just lost interest. Never really saw any big bugs though.  

News Comments > Valve on VAC and Trust
10. Re: Valve on VAC and Trust Feb 18, 2014, 19:44 Saboth

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:41:
Saboth wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:39:
Speaking of Steam...anyone else having problems logging into the client or on the website? I'm getting "Steam Store is too busy" on the website, and my client is doing that whole "can't log into steam" thing, which pops up when I clear too many cookies or something.

I'm showing "no connection" on the open client, currently.

Bleh. Well, no big Steam Sale currently, so maybe they are under ddos attack for banning hackers or something.

201 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo