Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 248 (Novice)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 21:26 Saboth

Julio wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 18:15:
Interesting, I'm actually on Microsoft's side on something here. Will be interesting to see once the US government wins...do tech firms leave the US for greener pastures?

The US may not lead the world in much these days, but warfare and technology are 2 that we still do. This approach that the US government has rights to all the data, of all people (guilty or innocent) and all corporations is going to cost us trillions in the long run if it keeps up. No one will want to do business with us, they'll start developing their own routers, servers, etc. Many overseas companies no longer want to do business with our cloud storage because the government has taken the stance that they have the rights to rifle through that data with almost no oversight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 30, 2014, 09:50 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 04:14:
Scare tactics: See how big ISPs demonize city-owned broadband.

Fucking ISPs trying to maintain their monopolies.

How do you like your free market now, wingnuts?

Exactly. All this talk of "free market" is BS. The GOP touts small government and free market, while on the other hand, they actively pass legislation that bust unions, prohibit the sale of Tesla cars in their states (at the behest of auto dealer lobbies), and ban municipal broadband (never mind all the pork projects, subsidies, etc.)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 28, 2014, 18:58 Saboth

"NHTSA is stressing its intention to protect the "privacy" of American drivers." Lol sure. Just like the NSA and CIA swore up and down that they don't do half of the things they actually do. Not only will they monitor everywhere we go on the web, but also IRL. Just imagine when your car actually broadcasts what speed you are going too. Won't even need police to have radar. They'll just set up automatic ticket machines that email you a ticket as soon as your car informs the machine you are speeding.

News Comments > Steam Controller Analog Stick Explained
3. Re: Steam Controller Analog Stick Explained Aug 24, 2014, 20:29 Saboth

The only reason I was slightly interested in this was the lack of stalks. Don't play console because of the stalked controllers. The pads looked interesting.  

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Released
4. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Released Aug 20, 2014, 21:45 Saboth

Julio wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 19:24:
If anyone buys this, is this the same game again? Or anything truly different?

I wonder this myself. I know the engine is the same, and almost all of the units are the same, but are at least the maps new? After the last game recycled maps from all of the previous games, I'm a bit wary.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 20:52 Saboth

What a world. People now pay $110+ to beta test games for developers. Wonder if I can find anyone to beta test my yard and pay me to cut my grass.  

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
40. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 18:19 Saboth

Looks interesting, I guess. Doesn't get the blood pumping.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 6, 2014, 18:22 Saboth

For as much as I pay for my paltry internet service from Comcast, I'm not letting someone freeload off of it, and slow down what little speed I have. You open up a guest network, and you'll probably end up with 10 neighbors canceling their internet and sucking up your bandwidth 24/7.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3 Aug 5, 2014, 19:29 Saboth

Neilsouth wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 19:22:
Avoid at all costs, this game takes a big dump on the Sacred name

I thought Sacred 2 was pretty decent. Seemed to have more heart and soul than Diablo, good graphics, etc. I never finished it though, because it seemed really long. This game though...no loot system? That turns me away right away. Most of the fun of these games is the loot. Getting rid of that is just damn lazy.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2014, 20:45 Saboth

Axis wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 18:27:
One night in 1999 I played EQ for 24 hours.

After the all-niter, I went to the zoo and opened the wolf cages while sporting a slab of ribeye steak tied to my waist. Running directly through screaming crowds of people, I shouted "TRAIN"!

Were you camping in Lguk for a Flowing Black Silk Sash? I once played EQ for 24 hours straight too, camping for one of those. After so many hours, you refuse to give up, because the RNG has got to come up for you soon.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 12:13 Saboth

I don't hear explosions after playing, but many times I'll have restless nights where I continue playing a game while sleeping in dreams and wake up exhausted.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 2, 2014, 18:44 Saboth

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:15:
Don't fly drones over our police stations. We do that to you, it shouldn't happen the other way around. Trust us, we're the good guys.

Every cop should have to wear 2 cameras on their person, with a front and rear facing camera in their car while on duty. Strange that cops don't want to be recorded. Wouldn't you want evidence of crimes, crime scenes and arrests for trial? Why should a trial have just the verbal recollection of a cop's memories for something that may have happened 1-2 years ago? Unless they have something to hide...

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2014, 22:04 Saboth

I hope this thing flops horribly and there's a ton of negative PR generated. Paying to "rent" games by the hour or day is a wet dream for scummy publishers like EA. If it ever gained traction, 10 years from now it might be AOL all over again, except with games. I know they all lust after the MMO models and wish they could find a way to ream people for monthly subscriptions for their inane sports and shooter games they plop out on a yearly basis.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 21:43 Saboth

Looks like the photographer is still in deep crap though. None of the charges against him have been dropped, and are proceeding to the DA, even if he wasn't involved in beating her up.

"on charges of sexual contact with a minor and contributing to the delinquency of a minor"

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2014, 19:38 Saboth

I don't understand the CD-copying issue. Ripping a CD to the hard drive in your car is different from ripping one to your PC....how?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 25, 2014, 20:31 Saboth

I'm sure once you install the software, any bugs or vulnerabilities it finds is kept secret and used to monitor everyone on your server, while a "A-OK!" pops up for you after the scan.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 18:12 Saboth

Axis wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:53:
Awesome article... for me to poop on.

No doubt. About 60% of them are subjective.
Lets go over the things PC gamers are right about:

1. With a moderate amount of money, and competent programmers, PC games will look better. $500 will build you a competent gaming PC. Now, with the latest generation of consoles, this line is blurred because they have new tech. 3-4 years from now, a $500 PC will make an Xbox One cry.

2. PC gaming is cheaper. Yes, the initial cost is higher, but can you pick up 10 AAA games for $50 on Xbox One or PS4? Maybe 20 years after they come out, not 8-12 months. PC gaming is cheaper in the long run.

3. PC controls are infinitely superior. More accurate, faster, with about 100x more options. Keybinds, Macros, and infinite adaptability. On most Console games, you get what...3-4 pre-made customization settings? Oh, you like grenade to be "X" button? Too bad, fool. Grenade is bottom trigger.

4. Mods, mods, mods. I don't have to pay $15 for a tiny map pack, 2 of which are simple rehashed old maps from the last CoD. I simply download infinite addons and modules for my Skyrim or Divinity: Original Sin. The textures for X game look bad? I just wait for the high-res fan pack and replace them. Or just replace all the characters with nude women if I like.

5. Online is better. There's a reason real MMOs are PC-only.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 18, 2014, 20:07 Saboth

Tim Collins wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 16:12:
Weird Al...may god bless your heart for everything you have done all these years.

Weird Al is just a damn legend. Long after "Kanye" is removed from the lexicon of pop culture, people will still be listening to "Amish Paradise", "Smells like Nirvana", and "Fat".

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 21:21 Saboth

""We are very embarrassed by the way our employee spoke with Mr. Block and are contacting him to personally apologize". Having gone through the same type of service that guy went through (also with Comcast), I can guarantee the call went like: "We are very sorry about the behavior of our employee. Now, what can we do to get you to sign back up with Comcast? We have a Triple Play Offer..." 2 hours after that call: "Hello, this is Comcast, we are calling for Mr. X. We have a great offer for you, Mr. X!"

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side in August
6. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side in August Jul 9, 2014, 19:07 Saboth

MalcolmM wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 13:31:
Saboth wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 19:20:
Quinn wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 18:11:
I never tried KB, while it actually spoke to me even before it was released.

I'm an absolute obsessive HoMM fan, to a point where I make myself believe I love it even more than I do (does that somehow make sense...?). Is this game really HoMM-like enough for me to love it, you think? Maybe it's worth looking into after after my obsessive D:OS love has been put aside.

You'd probably like it. I like it more than HoMM because this game actually rewards and encourages you for exploring, whereas HoMM punishes you for wasting turns.

I agree. I've given up on the HoMM series because the series has gotten worse instead of better.

I've put hundreds of hours into completing the various Kings Bounty games. The only one I didn't like was Warriors of the North. Dark Side is getting really good reviews so I plan to buy it.

I'm glad they are continuing to put out new releases of Kings Bounty. But I also hope they are working on Kings Bounty 2 because the engine is getting a bit ancient.

Yeah, no doubt. Some better graphics and flashier spell effects would be nice. Also...many of the units are getting a bit long in the tooth.

248 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo