Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2015, 19:59 Saboth

$105 a month for 105 down, 10 up with Comcast (actually, I've got a special deal for 12 months for $65 a month, but $105 is the regular price). However, I usually only get 105 speeds during the day or early morning. In prime time, I get more like 5-50.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 26, 2015, 21:29 Saboth

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:18:
I am in the Anthem boat with the other 78.8 million.

With SSN stolen, it should be credit protection/repair for life right?, if those who stole it waited 3 years, nobody will have it fresh in mind, although I suspect this won't be the last time my personal info will be stolen.

If you have followed the TurboTax stories, it is perfectly ok to use the same SSN as somebody else multiple times, that won't prevent the filing to IRS.

Only 3 weeks to a month later TurboTax will notify IRS of any potential fraud.

Yeah, I think Anthem owes everyone involved credit monitoring and ID protection for life. 2 years is a joke. Absolutely worthless. Class action lawsuit? Why bother? They'll pay a few hundred million, and each person affected will receive $1, and the lawyers get $200 million. Anthem might as well buy out one of these credit monitoring companies and just offer free protection for every Anthem customer. Also, our government needs to get on the ball and offer PIN numbers for every important account like taxes, social security, etc. Even the IRS recognizes what needs to be done, but says it can't implement proper security because of budgetary constraints, and you have to wait until you are a victim until they will even offer a PIN.

News Comments > Reload Released
11. Re: Reload Released Feb 15, 2015, 19:53 Saboth

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 18:33:
Can someone explain to me how one makes a target out of mental?

First, you have to be a telekinetic, then form a picture of a target in your mind.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 8, 2015, 12:45 Saboth

These aholes aren't "pranksters". This is akin to yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater. The chances of someone getting hurt or killed skyrockets in a SWAT situation. What if the swatted person thought someone was breaking into their home and pulled gun on the cops, or a cop's finger slips on the trigger? Not to mention, how many other people's lives are in danger because a bunch of cops are responding to a non-incident while robberies or homicides are occurring on the other side of town? These guys need a good 5-10 years in prison.  

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches
2. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches Feb 7, 2015, 12:08 Saboth

El Pit wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:21:
Opulencia? Call me when it's Copulatia!

You are thinking of that other game, "The Mighty Quest for Epic Booty"

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 19:43 Saboth

My problem with their response is not only do we have to wait weeks before we get more information or snail mail (giving any thieves a giant head-start), but most of their solutions seem to be temporary.

Right now, you can't even really say you were harmed, because there is a chance your information wasn't one of the ones stolen, so they can claim you aren't affected. Most of their solutions seem to be good for 0-1 years. What happens 3, 6, 19 years from now when someone actually decides to start using that data? You think I can go to Anthem and say "remember 20 years ago, you guys lost my data? It cost me 10k to fix my credit, so you guys owe me." Yeah...

For now, I put a 3 month fraud alert on my credit, so if anyone tries to open a new account they will have difficulty. If I get a letter stating my information was stolen, it may be time to seek some legal representation. 1 year of credit protection or repair is a joke.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2015, 19:34 Saboth

I picked it up. I hated the tower defense missions of VH1, but I actually liked them a lot in VH2, and was disappointed when those missions ran out.

I've only played a few maps, but this is almost identical to the VH2 TD minigames, except you level up your traps as well as yourself. I hope it is not a short game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 5, 2015, 18:49 Saboth

As an Anthem customer, this one has me steamed. People are lumping this in with Target, Home Depot, etc., but those are peanuts in comparison. Sure, more users were compromised, but what did they get? Credit Card numbers? Big whoop, they cancel them almost instantly and you get a new card. This hack was supposedly addresses, socials, birth dates, medical numbers, contact information. Basically everything needed to steal accounts or open up new accounts. I'm sure they'll try and pawn off "one year of free credit monitoring" as some kind of remedy, but once that info is in the wild, it's circulating perpetually. I'm thinking lifetime credit protection.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 31, 2015, 15:11 Saboth

I'd always thought Xhamster was supposed to be one of the "safer" sites to visit. I've been on a few times recently, but haven't gotten any warnings from Eset or Malwarebytes. Then again, I've got noscript and adblock on, so the only thing that should load is the video and not ads with malware.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 19:24 Saboth

This was a very humorous skit. Props to that guy's acting, as he apparently has 90% of people fooled.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2015, 19:05 Saboth

Well, justice wasn't quite served, but let's hope she reams the hell out of him in civil court.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 25, 2015, 17:49 Saboth

"that only a tiny fraction of consumers use their broadband connections in this manner". Yes, we should all be stuck at 3, 5, 10 mbs because the cable companies think these speeds will be sufficient for the next 300 years. Just because not many people are using 4k or HD streaming now doesn't mean the next 2,3,10 years they won't. At my local level, you've got Comcast and that's it. They offer plans that break down to 6mb:$50 a month, 15-50mb:$60-$80 a month, or 105:$105 a month. Currently I've got a deal on the 105, but at night, I'm lucky to hit 30-40 when neighborhood traffic is heavy. 105 is basically only attainable at 6-9 am.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal
4. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal Jan 24, 2015, 18:04 Saboth

I just finished up the original, "Shadowrun Returns" today. I wasn't too impressed. The story wasn't great, combat was kind of tedious, and the game felt more like a point and click murder mystery adventure with a few fights thrown in than something resembling X-Com. Limited money, limited upgrades, items, gear, etc. I've heard the Dragonfall game is superior, so I might pick that up on the next sale.  

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
47. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 19:20 Saboth

If Windows 10 is like $20 a year, sure. If it's like $10-$20 a month, F that noise. As others have said, I'm tired of getting nickle and dimed to death.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 19, 2015, 18:49 Saboth

Axis wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 14:08:
Played the crap outta LoX thanks to Horrorscope's mention long ago, great game.

It's a really great game. I enjoyed it more than Might and Magic X, and I thought MMX was a fine game. The only thing stopping me from an immediate 2nd play through is the desire for more classes.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
38. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 18:20 Saboth

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:20:
Shit, Witcher 2 runs awesome on my machine (i7-980x @ 4.6ghz, 3gb MSI GTX580, 2304x1440) with all settings maxed except for Ubersampling. I'm just waiting on the fucking 980ti before I upgrade my card, but it's looking like that's gonna be forever now.

I've got an i5 @ 3.7 and a 970 and finished up Witcher 2 the other day. I could run ubersampling and get about 30-45 FPS usually, but I turned it off to get a flat 60 fps, but a few zones/areas could still drop FPS down to about 45-50 (everything on ultra/high/whatever).

News Comments > Wizardry Online Revival Speculation
2. Re: Wizardry Online Revival Speculation Jan 7, 2015, 18:14 Saboth

I reinstalled Wizardry 8 the other day. I recall being absolutely blown away by the game when it came out. It's pretty dated now, but still an incredible RPG. Instead of yet another MMO, they should have just made Wizardy 9.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 6, 2015, 21:14 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 18:26:
Picked up a Galtab 4 7" for $130 a couple weeks ago. It's a present for someone, so I haven't played with it, but my own tablet, a Galtab 2 10.1 is still going strong 2.5 years later. I don't see a need for another one unless one of these dies.

Yeah, I've got a small and large Kindle. Just don't need another tablet. It's not like a tablet from 2015 is 3x faster than one from 2013 or anything.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2015, 20:50 Saboth

Dirty Butler wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 20:25:
Mine's be a solid 125 Mb down since the speed doubling. Are you testing your speed from speedtest.comcast.net?

I usually check from the Comcast tester and http://testmy.net/, and usually get similar results. About half speed at night, full speed during the day (like if I take a day off). Think my neighborhood just has a lot of congestion since Comcast is the only game in town for internet.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2015, 19:18 Saboth

I've got 105 down with Comcast now (which normally runs about $105 a month), and most nights I'm lucky to get 25-50 down in actuality. Now, if I want to get on at 6am, I've got 105-110.  

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo