Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Saboth

Real Name Saboth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 3, 2011, 00:22
Total Comments 304 (Amateur)
User ID 57205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 31, 2015, 15:11 Saboth

I'd always thought Xhamster was supposed to be one of the "safer" sites to visit. I've been on a few times recently, but haven't gotten any warnings from Eset or Malwarebytes. Then again, I've got noscript and adblock on, so the only thing that should load is the video and not ads with malware.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 19:24 Saboth

This was a very humorous skit. Props to that guy's acting, as he apparently has 90% of people fooled.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2015, 19:05 Saboth

Well, justice wasn't quite served, but let's hope she reams the hell out of him in civil court.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 25, 2015, 17:49 Saboth

"that only a tiny fraction of consumers use their broadband connections in this manner". Yes, we should all be stuck at 3, 5, 10 mbs because the cable companies think these speeds will be sufficient for the next 300 years. Just because not many people are using 4k or HD streaming now doesn't mean the next 2,3,10 years they won't. At my local level, you've got Comcast and that's it. They offer plans that break down to 6mb:$50 a month, 15-50mb:$60-$80 a month, or 105:$105 a month. Currently I've got a deal on the 105, but at night, I'm lucky to hit 30-40 when neighborhood traffic is heavy. 105 is basically only attainable at 6-9 am.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal
4. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal Jan 24, 2015, 18:04 Saboth

I just finished up the original, "Shadowrun Returns" today. I wasn't too impressed. The story wasn't great, combat was kind of tedious, and the game felt more like a point and click murder mystery adventure with a few fights thrown in than something resembling X-Com. Limited money, limited upgrades, items, gear, etc. I've heard the Dragonfall game is superior, so I might pick that up on the next sale.  

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
47. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 19:20 Saboth

If Windows 10 is like $20 a year, sure. If it's like $10-$20 a month, F that noise. As others have said, I'm tired of getting nickle and dimed to death.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 19, 2015, 18:49 Saboth

Axis wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 14:08:
Played the crap outta LoX thanks to Horrorscope's mention long ago, great game.

It's a really great game. I enjoyed it more than Might and Magic X, and I thought MMX was a fine game. The only thing stopping me from an immediate 2nd play through is the desire for more classes.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
38. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 18:20 Saboth

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:20:
Shit, Witcher 2 runs awesome on my machine (i7-980x @ 4.6ghz, 3gb MSI GTX580, 2304x1440) with all settings maxed except for Ubersampling. I'm just waiting on the fucking 980ti before I upgrade my card, but it's looking like that's gonna be forever now.

I've got an i5 @ 3.7 and a 970 and finished up Witcher 2 the other day. I could run ubersampling and get about 30-45 FPS usually, but I turned it off to get a flat 60 fps, but a few zones/areas could still drop FPS down to about 45-50 (everything on ultra/high/whatever).

News Comments > Wizardry Online Revival Speculation
2. Re: Wizardry Online Revival Speculation Jan 7, 2015, 18:14 Saboth

I reinstalled Wizardry 8 the other day. I recall being absolutely blown away by the game when it came out. It's pretty dated now, but still an incredible RPG. Instead of yet another MMO, they should have just made Wizardy 9.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 6, 2015, 21:14 Saboth

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 18:26:
Picked up a Galtab 4 7" for $130 a couple weeks ago. It's a present for someone, so I haven't played with it, but my own tablet, a Galtab 2 10.1 is still going strong 2.5 years later. I don't see a need for another one unless one of these dies.

Yeah, I've got a small and large Kindle. Just don't need another tablet. It's not like a tablet from 2015 is 3x faster than one from 2013 or anything.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2015, 20:50 Saboth

Dirty Butler wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 20:25:
Mine's be a solid 125 Mb down since the speed doubling. Are you testing your speed from speedtest.comcast.net?

I usually check from the Comcast tester and http://testmy.net/, and usually get similar results. About half speed at night, full speed during the day (like if I take a day off). Think my neighborhood just has a lot of congestion since Comcast is the only game in town for internet.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2015, 19:18 Saboth

I've got 105 down with Comcast now (which normally runs about $105 a month), and most nights I'm lucky to get 25-50 down in actuality. Now, if I want to get on at 6am, I've got 105-110.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2015, 14:23 Saboth

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 13:32:
Get ready: The FCC says consumers in the US are going to be legally raped in February.

Tom Wheeler's hybrid model: Protect the corporations; fuck the consumer.

Hell, have you been keeping up with Supreme Court rulings? That isn't just Tom Wheeler's motto, that's the motto of our entire government, every branch. That's why the wealth gap now rivals 3rd world countries and healthcare now costs 2-3x more than it did 10-15 years ago, but wages and pay have remained flat during that time. We are still following that fallacy of "trickle down", praying that any day now, the trickle will start.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2014, 18:56 Saboth

Dacron wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 18:07:
At $8/$10 month why wouldn't you buy an $80 modem? Or is that not an option?

I've had Comcast for 10 years and I've always owned my own modems with no problems. Except for when they started trying to charge me a modem rental fee for my own modem. No reason to pay them $10 a month when you can buy a Docsis 3.0 modem for $50-$60. My first modem lasted about 8 years before I upgraded to 3.0, just so I could get the new, faster speeds. Last one still worked fine though.

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
20. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 18:50 Saboth

I decided to change my password anyhow (I only have an Origin account because someone bought me an Xbox 360 game long ago that required an Origin account for some reason).

A strange thing though...when I logged in, for "Country:" it had some Chinese characters listed instead of USA, and for devices, it had an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One (which I don't have). When I refreshed the page, it had USA as country and only my Xbox 360. I wonder if a cookie was loaded wrong, or if I had bits of someone else's account for a second.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2014, 13:25 Saboth

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 10:17:
Saboth wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 09:57:
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but the positive ratings and the direct comparisons to Divinity: Original Sin and X-Com (2 games I really enjoyed) made it seem like a no-brainer.
Are you talking about Wasteland or Door Kickers?

Wasteland 2.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2014, 09:57 Saboth

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 09:28:
Hopefully Door Kickers will go on sale again. I've missed out on it on the first day of sale.
I thought about picking up Wasteland 2 but not sure I'd enjoy the game. Never played the original.

Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but the positive ratings and the direct comparisons to Divinity: Original Sin and X-Com (2 games I really enjoyed) made it seem like a no-brainer. I saw a post that they are working on a major balancing patch though, so I think I'll wait a bit before playing. Actually found my disks to Witcher 2 that I never finished (Bound by Flame feels a lot like Witcher), so I'm going to try and finish that up.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2014, 22:23 Saboth

I've picked up a few. Wasteland 2, Grim Dawn, Bound by Flame, Legend of Grimrock 2, South Park, Ziggurat and 1 or 2 other smaller games. Going to be all set for my 4 day weekend.  

News Comments > Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
4. Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com Dec 24, 2014, 13:17 Saboth

I never played this game, but I played the heck out of Dungeons of Daggorath, which looks a lot like this game.  

News Comments > Dark Souls DSfix DMCA SNAFU
2. Re: Dark Souls DSfix DMCA SNAFU Dec 23, 2014, 10:31 Saboth

There needs to be fines or restitution on false DMCA takedowns. Perhaps companies would actually research videos/music/code before issuing a takedown first.  

304 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo