Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 207 (Novice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 1, 2015, 16:29 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:28:
Forza 6 demo is available today.
Can't wait to get home from work and check it out.

Wet tracks. Night battles. Dedicated multiplayer servers. Driver ratings. Leagues and ranked matches.

It's like that ex whose now hotter than she ever was, and she just winked at me walking down the street...

I can't tell if M$ is just playing me for a fool and is really out to just golddig my stupid ass with monthly DLC, or maybe, just maybe, this is the Forza game I've always wanted.

Either way, the tease has worked, she's all I'm thinking about right now

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Controller Enters Top 10
4. Re: Steam Controller Enters Top 10 Aug 31, 2015, 03:15 theglaze

Krovven wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 23:30:
Scud wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 22:29:
Krovven wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:27:
If it wasn't through EB, I'd preorder the controller, but I refuse to give that shitty company my money. I'll wait for NCIX or someone else to sell it.

What's EB got to do with this? Just pre-order it through Steam.

Sorry, for Canadian orders.

Steam store page states Pre-Order from EB Games. which takes you to http://www.ebgames.ca/views/locale/promoPages/landingPages/Steam/EN/

It's also pick-up only and I'm an hour from the nearest EB Games.

Give EB Games your address and credit card info to get a free copy of Rocket League? I think passing on it is the right call!

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans
2. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 28, 2015, 18:11 theglaze

Go for it.

The funny dialog and silly plots have become the strength to the series otherwise boring and repetitive gameplay.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Aug 13, 2015, 01:31 theglaze

NKD wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 23:26:
This

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2015, 17:55 theglaze

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 16:33:
theglaze wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 13:36:
Fion wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:28:
Wait.. testing counter-strike pros for cannabis use? Why on earth would they be on pot while playing? It'd only dramatically slow down their reaction time and ability to think clearly about map dynamics.

I suppose quantity matters. A player wouldn't want to be stoned but a toke could heighten the senses, slightly alter thought processes to prevent boredom/lack of attention from routine, heck, it may even encourage minor paranoia that could help sniff play fakes and what not.

Lots of casual gamers smoke pot, there's the movement towards legalization, and cannabis is just one of several drugs ESL will be testing for according to the article; it seems likely they put cannabis in the title to encourage clicks.

Oh please. Nowhere in the entirety of the multiverse could pot ever be considered a performance enhancing drug. That was like when the Canadian snowboarder got his Olympic medal stripped for that. 1

When the take home pay is going to be a million plus per player people are going to cheat their asses off. Look how long Lance got away with it.

Maybe it's just not a PED for you, in which case, I'm sorry to hear that.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2015, 13:36 theglaze

Fion wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:28:
Wait.. testing counter-strike pros for cannabis use? Why on earth would they be on pot while playing? It'd only dramatically slow down their reaction time and ability to think clearly about map dynamics.

I suppose quantity matters. A player wouldn't want to be stoned but a toke could heighten the senses, slightly alter thought processes to prevent boredom/lack of attention from routine, heck, it may even encourage minor paranoia that could help sniff play fakes and what not.

Lots of casual gamers smoke pot, there's the movement towards legalization, and cannabis is just one of several drugs ESL will be testing for according to the article; it seems likely they put cannabis in the title to encourage clicks.

News Comments > The International Results
37. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 17:19 theglaze

Xero wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 07:53:
When you don't have to put your body through a grueling exercise to show your physically better than the average Joe and compete at the high level physically in whatever sport your doing, your not an athlete.

What about mental endurance? It's the mental side that makes golf, tennis, and motorsports so interesting. With video games we have an almost purely mental competition going on, like chess, but real-time with reflexes and a high level of finger dexterity and accuracy for inputs.

Lots of people don't think race car drivers are athletes (mainly because Americans first think of fat NASCAR drivers), but those same people haven't battled amongst other cars for 2 hours at 180mph. Likewise, lots of people criticize pro gamers but they haven't played hours of matches back-to-back with all that damn clicking and typing.

What's wrong with extending that into "electronic-sport" or "e-sport" if "motorsport" is widely accepted?

The money, competition, and interest is only going to continue to grow and expand the industry to new heights each year.

And maybe that's why it's a sport, because the organizations behind it make the most money and "sport" sells better than "compeition"...

News Comments > The International Results
23. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 00:09 theglaze

The rise of esports is related to the ridiculous escalation of physical necessities required to complete in professional sports.

Look at what's become of the TE in the NFL, even wide receivers are creeping up to the average height of an NBA player. Randy Johnson deserves Hall of Fame status but his height was a clear advantage and now the top pitchers are an average 4" taller than all the other players on the field. Even pinnacle motorsports like MotoGP and F1 teams require drivers of jockey stature to conserve weight and fit in the car, even if faster but heavier drivers exist. Monsters are creeping into tennis too, sports where finesse and skill use to trump brute force, but we're now in the era of Serena Williams and the new talents in the men's league are routinely +6'3".

Now there is the rise of esports.

At this point in its evolution, the success of its players are not predetermined by the physically gifts or abnormalities of their bodies. Instead it is the craft of the mind, agility of the imagination, and the speed/execution of gameplay intelligence that separates the winners from losers.

Instead of just jumping higher or hitting harder than your opponent, in the digital playing field, you have to out think your opponent.

And there in lies the difficulty in widespread spectator adoption: it's far easier to appreciate how hard someone dunks a basketball than it is to appreciate the multiple layers to a well-timed and strategic DOTA play. But with player adoption continuing to grow in video games, so will these leagues and prize/purses.

As for those shitting on gamers getting paid: Anyone can troll and discredit the mental fitness of a football player, or the physical fitness of a DOTA player. The fact is, all these players are competing on a level in their relative sport that we mere mortals can only spectate or marvel at.

News Comments > Worms WMD Revealed
5. Re: Worms WMD Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 16:35 theglaze

Precision is what the games began to lack after Armageddon. Movement has become sloppy, jumping mechanics less predictable, explosions and animations too soft and goofy instead of theatrically dramatic.

I'll keep an eye on this one just because of the gameplay changes, but it must provide depth in tactics and skill before I take a dive into it for multiplayer.

News Comments > Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely
8. Re: Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely Jul 21, 2015, 17:16 theglaze

These could be the glory days of Dirt modding because when the game is finished, they may tighten down the hatches. No one has figured out how to crack the new file system for F1 2015, but looks like Dirt Rally Early Access is more like previous releases (perhaps because it doesn't 'yet' use EGO Engine 4.0 like F1?)  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jul 13, 2015, 20:26 theglaze

Flatline wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 14:42:
Yeah I was looking at F1 but the steam reviews are suggesting to hold off due to the bugs.

Did F1 get an early release? Rally is in the middle of one and it's kind of cool and frustrating at the same time.

Yeah, this release is +2 months earlier than the previous titles (which were late September to early October).

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jul 13, 2015, 14:15 theglaze

Yeah? Dirt Rally is on my radar but as an F1 fan I just had to buy the new installment. While I haven't noticed many glitches, the list of bugs at the Codemasters form is quite long...  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - F1 2015
7. Re: Ship Ahoy - F1 2015 Jul 11, 2015, 08:46 theglaze

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 01:47:
Some people hold up 2013 as the gold standard. Hopefully someone can let us know how this compares.

Depends on how you look at it.

The old school cars found in the Classic Edition DLC for F1 2013 were fun because they lacked grip due to low downforce and smaller front wheels, plus the 80's cars also had a reckless amount of TURBO power. These cars were HARD to drive...and the refined 2013 cars in the game were not at all interesting to race when compared to the classic content.

People hate on F1 2014 and call it a stopgap title because it 'lacked content' compared to the previous release. But that is shortsighted.

Codies used the lessons learned from those classic turbos to introduce a surprisingly fun lineup of new-age turbo cars for F1 2014. The driving mechanics they simcaded are a great combination of torquey, tail-happy cars that fit into the modern formula of downforce and grip. IMO, these cars are the most difficult and rewarding to drive of all the modern F1 cars that Codies have created in the franchise.

Furthermore, Codies F1 2011 and 2012 featured unlimited DRS activation in practice and qualifying (hot lap mode), so it was possible to kick the wing open before the car was straight and slide out the tail on exit. F1 2013 matched the FIA rules of that season which limited DRS activation to only the designated zones, making the cars feel neutered and the driving experience less engaging. Without the classic content, I think F1 2013 could be considered the worst of the bunch.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - F1 2015
6. Re: Ship Ahoy - F1 2015 Jul 11, 2015, 08:02 theglaze

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 01:47:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 19:43:
No SLI support? Fucking hell, not this again. Pathetic.

Really? For 5% of gamers out there? For a graphics engine that hardly requires it?

Man I totally foresaw no SLI support in the last F1 2015 thread on Blue lol

News Comments > The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna This Month
2. Re: The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna This Month Jul 9, 2015, 04:42 theglaze

I really enjoyed my time spent within Talos Principle: the story and world they created were intriguing, the puzzles were fun to solve and the easter eggs were often a surprise.

I highly recommend this to anyone who likes puzzle games or hasn't played one in a long time.

News Comments > F1 2015 Specs
3. Re: F1 2015 Specs Jul 7, 2015, 23:50 theglaze

Don't expect this to run smoothly from the start, regardless of what you're running for a rig. I recall waiting 3 months for SLI support with F1 2012.  

News Comments > F1 2015 Features Trailer
2. Re: F1 2015 Features Trailer Jul 2, 2015, 20:56 theglaze

For me it's all about the car handling.

The community will continue to release mods for textures, cars, drivers, helmets, etc...

But if the car modeling doesn't improve from 2014, count me out.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Plans
10. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Plans Jun 28, 2015, 03:06 theglaze

XP resets are also in the Early Access

As for the teleportation, I agree that it needs to be removed or significantly revamped.

Personally, I find the clunky movement of zeds over objects to be more annoying as they've instantly rise and fall over fences and what not with no climbing action, and ruining any lined up shot.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Plans
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Plans Jun 27, 2015, 16:16 theglaze

omg the gore technology is marvelous!  

News Comments > XCOM2 E3 Trailer
3. Re: XCOM2 E3 Trailer Jun 25, 2015, 18:20 theglaze

I played XCOM Enemy Unknown, really enjoyed that title. I picked up Enemy Within but got sidetracked by Xenonauts, logged about 25 hours into my current run.

I won't preorder XCOM 2, but don't take that personally Firaxis, I've been burned too many times.

This new one looks a bit more streamlined and glossy; I would like to see more detail and complexity like that found in Xenonauts.

207 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo