Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 104 (Novice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Screencheat Embraces Screencheating
1. Re: Screencheat Embraces Screencheating Jul 25, 2014, 09:30 theglaze

brilliant!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2014, 12:01 theglaze

I was hoping for Germany to score early, forcing Argentina to be more reckless in its pursuit of offense. Instead, both teams played a tight defense and it took a spectacular goal to break a nil nil game. Not the most entertaining match of the finals, but certainly better than others.  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
31. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 20:23 theglaze

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 18:41:
3 words:

Carl muthafuckin Gustav.

and droppin bombs on snipers from have a mile out, fuckin loved it

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 24, 2014, 20:20 theglaze

Has anyone found a review where an actual racing wheel peripheral was used? Codemasters is going the Need For Speed way and dropping wheel+pedal support in these games and I don't get it...  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
22. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 14:43 theglaze

Linksil wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 12:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 11:42:
Bad Company 2 had some really crappy and some really great maps, but all of them were sort of fun ;p

On BF4 I could say "fun" to maybe about 3 maps...

Well I played only Rush on BC2 and logged over 100 hours doing that. Things that made it fun:

Bug free (for the most part). Some people had problems, but well I didn't.
Maps had all the buildings destroyable. Added more options.
Maps had better flow. Yes some of them bottlenecked, but it was still fun to try and break.
In GAME server browser.
Weapons felt like they would kill people, then they did.
Single player was a rail with more freedom and enjoyable writing.
Steam instead of Origins. Not sure how much that matters.

I know I missed a few, but well that's the best my just woke up brain can handle.

I put damn near 1,000 hours into BC2, and clearly felt it to be one of the most enjoyable multiplayer FPS titles I've played. It's been a long time since I last played it, but as I remember it, in BF3 and BF4 they kept throwing more in to the game and expecting it to be better.

EA's thoughts: More fun = More guns, more unlocks, more vehicles, more hiding spots, more players, more map complexity...

There's a balance, and I agree with Troedsson, BC2 brewed together a perfect mix and it was great. Defining it is hard, but here are some of my thoughts:

- Rush was awesome. That was a function of the map design, which was smaller and with less routes to the M-COM stations. It mad maps a grind at times which certain choke points, but that's when effective team tactics came into play
- Gustav rocket launcher...it was awesome to jump into a game and explode buildings with a quick, direct fire explosives. Throw in tracer darts with whip rocket shots, and the fun level significantly increased.
- Hero runs. One person could change the momentum of a multilayer match by being the first sneak around enemy lines and arm an M-COM, or pull of a last second de-arm. BF3 and BF4 gameplay does not lend itself well to moments like that.
-Vehicles were selectively included for certain maps, compared the overabundance of death machines in later BFs.

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
27. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 15:21 theglaze

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 12:46:
See, in the mind of psychopaths this is how reality works. At the time DICE said, 'It's not close to ready yet.' He replies, 'I don't give a shit. Ship it now!' Several months later after the lawsuit and being raked over the coals he now recalls that it was actually unacceptable that they shipped it like that but they really had no choice. So now he paints himself as the victim in all of this. He tries to be noble by claiming responsibility for it, yet abdicates that responsibility withing the same breath...so it really wasn't his fault, now was it?

Rolleyes

They "had" to ship at console launch because the competition, CoD, would soak up all their sales.

This is no different than GM and the ignition issue, costs are weighed against profits and the business makes a decision based on the impact to its bottom line.

At least in EA's case, no one died because of the horrendous launch.

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
13. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 10:37 theglaze

IDK, I played BF4 this week for the first time since January, gameplay seemed improved considering where it was. Driving the combat buggy on a conquest map, however, seemed more laggy than I ever remember and I had a "60ms" ping

Also, I did not swap laggy frags with any of the guys I killed in 2 hours of fragging. Even in BF3 that would happen a few times an hour.

News Comments > Xenonauts Released
6. Re: Xenonauts Released Jun 17, 2014, 13:12 theglaze

I never played the original series, but really enjoyed XCOM Enemy Unknown. Will check this out.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues
9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues Jun 12, 2014, 15:41 theglaze

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 14:29:
theglaze wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:09:
The funny thing is the 'Contraband' rarity...these stolen skins are now being sold on the Marketplace for significantly more than before.

You misunderstand... They REMOVED the infringing design(s), and REPLACED them with alternate, original ones from Valve, which are not otherwise available. So the violators get the boot and nobody lost anything, in fact extra value was created for some people.

What did I misunderstand...the humor?

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
20. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 13:16 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:49:
Hopefully the Ai gets ironed out a bit before release. I am hearing a lot of complaints about that, same goes for Asseto Corsa though.

What racing sim has decent AI?

I don't see the thrill in beating the AI in a race, it's like fragging gangs of AI in a single player FPS campaign. It can help a user understand and practice gameplay elements, but I'd prefer next-gen racing sims to embrace a more effective structure and system for managing multiplayer. Real drivers are far more crafty than any AI.

Does anyone know if pCars will put in a skill/safety rating like iRacing?

That's the best system I've seen seperate the newbs and cannonballs from running what would otherwise be competitive and respectful race.

16. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 11:24 theglaze

Optional nickname wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:04:
GT5, GT6, now THIS project cars, is the best gaming experience, immersion wise, with a Thrustmaster T500 (or Logitech or Fanatec)

Hell yeah, instead of just twiddling your thumbs with a game pad, a wheel/pedal setup involves all your extremities with a much deeper tactile feel for what's going on.

I game for that hit of adrenaline, and few games can offer the same feeling of a standing start and the sprint down to the first turn, or making a last lap move on another driver to beat him to the finish line.

Fun stuff

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues Jun 12, 2014, 11:09 theglaze

bhcompy wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 10:45:
It's a skin on a gun.. what the hell is there for copyright?

It's a graphic design they stole from someone, and then tried to profit from it without kicking any credit to the original artist(s).

The funny thing is the 'Contraband' rarity...these stolen skins are now being sold on the Marketplace for significantly more than before.

6. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 23:10 theglaze

From my understanding, it should be all engine graphics but the handling is very much still improving after each update. I imagine it will be close to rFactor, iRacing, Assetto Corsa by launch.

Assetto Corsa offers one of the best suspension/tire models out there, but the scope of that title is much smaller but will be more mod friendly than CARS (such as F1ASR)

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2014, 18:35 theglaze

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:30:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:08:
theglaze wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 11:12:
The foundation is great in Assetto Corsa, and that's something to be excited about. I found the tire modeling to be fantastic, showing dimensions I haven't seen in other PC sims, and that's my impression from many patches ago.

If you like time trials or battling AI, I'd recommend it.

Sounds like it would be best experienced with a top of the line racing wheel.

Even with a gamepad you can feel the physics are special but yes this does need a wheel.

The throttle/brake rumble feedback that Forza 5 so brilliantly integrated with XB1 controller would be great in PC sims, but it seems M$ is just enabling legacy 360 support with its Windows drivers and XB1 controllers.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/152148/xbox-one-controller-windows-drivers

[edit] It may be possible to use an app (like fanaleds) to artificially simulate the two different rumbles, or maybe even the sim itself will distinguish between the different shakers in the XB1 controller.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2014, 11:12 theglaze

The foundation is great in Assetto Corsa, and that's something to be excited about. I found the tire modeling to be fantastic, showing dimensions I haven't seen in other PC sims, and that's my impression from many patches ago.

If you like time trials or battling AI, I'd recommend it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 15:23 theglaze

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 14:18:
Horizon wasn't bad, but it was more Forza Need for Speed, vs Forza in an open world (which would be awesome).

Exactly.

I tried to use my racing wheel peripheral with Horizon but it was awful, especially compared to the awesome physics engine and wheel force feedback that has been found in all other Forza titles on the 360. Furthermore, once Horizon launched all other DLC cars/tracks for Forza 4 stopped and they released Horizon content.

I felt totally alienated by one of my favorite franchises. So much so that I didn't buy into XB1 and Forza 5 with it's limited track and car selection and day 1 DLC...and no day 1 compatible wheel available for sale and the one that did release had a high failure rate (check out amazon Thurstmaster TX reviews).

It was good run Turn 10, but you've lost your way.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 12:20 theglaze

The next Xbox and PS will be the same way....Forza Horizon 5 @ 4k and 30FPS!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 3, 2014, 22:22 theglaze

Anyone familiar with comparisons of other FPS titles, say Titanfall and CS:GO?

Furthermore, no one complained about 1vs1 performance of the game servers and "netcode". How about showing us what happens when there are 62 other players mucking about in the server. Or is that too embarrassing to reveal?

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
21. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 15:04 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 14:47:
Leave that type of shit for Need For Speed.

Fun fact of the day: Codemasters is majority owned by Reliance Entertainment, a part of a massive Indian conglomerate, which just so happened to co-produced Need For Speed, the movie.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
18. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 14:01 theglaze

HardCore74 wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:48:
Hmmmmm Check out around the 2:59 mark...

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/gt2r0g/grid-autosport-developer-interview

When he says "they want to create an authentic motorsport experience"?

And at 0:52 he says:

"We've got endurance racing, where races happen at night, you've got to factor in tire wear, and actually maintain concentration for 8 to 9 minutes"

Oh yeah, that truly captures the "heart and passion" of endurance racing...

104 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo