Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 83 (Suspect)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 16, 2014, 16:02 theglaze

The original Dark Souls ran poorly and looked muddy on a PS3. They should show a side-by-side comparison of what it looks like next to Dark Souls 2, because I bet its close.

Speaking of the original, y'all remember its PC release? I find humor in the developer now catering to the platform they last butchered and alienating the fans that made a sequel possible.

tbh, I was surprised when I first saw an ad for DS2 and the quality of the graphics. Then I noticed the PC plug at the end alongside 360 and PS3. Too bad other people can't make that connection.

More articles like this will pop up when Titanfall launches on the 360 in a couple weeks, 30 FPS @ < 720p graphics. It's going to look like shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
12. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:54 theglaze

Draugr wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:42:
As you said yourself, the 360 needs to be able to run titanfall

No, I'm saying the opposite. It doesn't need to be on the 360. The quality of the gameplay has suffered because of it.

They're releasing it there to access that large user base, and seeing how low the spec's are, why not make also support low-end, practically obsolete PC gaming systems? I just feel bad for the kids who buy Titanfall for the 360 in 2 weeks and experience a game that is significantly less than what all the hype, commercials, and reviews are showing. And then saving up for an Xbox One and buy the title all over again.

7. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:40 theglaze

Prez wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:33:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:25:
I'd hate to be on a data capped plan.

Yeah that's the problem. On today's average hard drive 48G isn't a whole lot, but depending on which provider you are stuck with it could be up to a quarter of your monthly data cap.

Unless you're on a solid state, in which case 48GB is massive. I don't think a 120GB SSD would hold both Titanfall and BF4.

6. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:38 theglaze

I remember when they tweeted the minimum PC spec's, and I was blown away that they would support PC components that are 8 years old (8800GT released 2007, E6600 released 2006). I thought the same thing when they said it would be released for the 9 year old 360...how can it not look and play like shit on a 360? An Xbox One can't even manage more than 792p graphics with the game!

Having played the beta, seen the muddy textures, experienced the simplified gameplay, not noticed the pristine uncompressed audio...I'm out. To quote one of my friends who was going to buy an Xbone for Titanfall until he played the beta on my PC:

"So you give me this giant ass robot...and I can't leave anything more than a black smudge on the environment? You can keep your damn titans and your 'next-gen' hardware."

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2014, 00:57 theglaze

Well done!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - NASCAR '14
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - NASCAR '14 Feb 19, 2014, 00:50 theglaze

Agreed.

Where are the spins, tire smoke, and wrecks? Is there even car damage?

It's lame that the sponsors do not want their logos tarnished, torn, or ripped in half. Gamers want to see the car damage that results from contact, and that means looking directly at your stupid branding and how much it just got fucked up. It happens in the real NASCAR events...what's soooo different about the video game?

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups Tonight
7. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Tonight Feb 11, 2014, 20:10 theglaze

Should one assume this will be Xbone only?  

News Comments > World of Speed Announced
14. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 10, 2014, 18:50 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 14:40:
If they'll release World of Speed before Project CARS I'll be extremely pissed. It seems like Project CARS is in development since forever!

Maybe it should come out first? If it truly is sharing the engine and net code of Project CARS, then by all means, let a bunch of kids play this silly racer so the developer can sort out the inevitable issues at launch.

That said, I'm hugely skeptical of what Slightly Mad can put together for a sim...advertising NFS Shift 1 and 2 on the CARS website for their claim of racing simulator pedigree is like putting Time Crisis down as a reference and embarking on developing the best virtual police firearm simulator.

13. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 10, 2014, 18:37 theglaze

Zarkov wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:12:
Is that a Youtube limitation? Looks like barely 20 FPS in some scenes.

I think in this case the original format and encoding of the video was not converted well into Youtube's streaming format..it looks awful.

5. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 10, 2014, 14:29 theglaze

Hold on, World of Speed is being released from the same guys developing Project CARS?

On Slightly Mad Studios wiki it claims that Project CARS will be the first title released, and others will follow under its WMD (World of Mass Development) program.

In which case, they are following Project CARS up with with an arcade "action packed" style racer that anyone can join. Seems like a smart idea, even if it only serves as a starting point to show casual racers about Project CARS who otherwise may have said 'nah that's too sim for me'.

Once players realized just how important the teams are we saw a very different style of racing where the players naturally settled into specific roles such as blockers, wingmen, drifters and drafters in order to complete the team objectives. In fact, we had a lot of comments from the players saying how much more fun it was to know that even though they crashed on the first corner and had no chance of crossing the finish line first, they could still play a significant part in helping their team win the race!

More from the site...

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
44. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 17:34 theglaze

harlock wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 15:56:
nin wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 15:55:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 15:50:
EA sucks... i feel ripped off for buying BF4.

bring back Command & Conquer!

Renegade!!!!!

http://www.renegade-x.com/

Whaaaaat!

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
35. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 15:25 theglaze

The 2014 DLC isn't going to sell well, especially when most BF3 players felt they overbought and didn't get full monies worth of gaming from it. I don't think they've adjusted the revenue expectations low enough for BF4 DLC, it will be abismal.  

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
38. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 14:51 theglaze

What the hell did Koreans do to Counter-Strike....this shit earns +$100 million revenue?

Here's Counter-Strike Online and some kind of zombie boss battle...

http://youtu.be/XjDzBkkZ9ng?t=32s

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2014, 15:02.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
28. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 01:42 theglaze

bigspender wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 00:27:
DRIVING SIMS!

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaa buddy! How about a hydraulic driving seat with Oculus?

News Comments > Multiple DiRT Games Hinted
4. Re: Multiple DiRT Games Hinted Jan 6, 2014, 18:27 theglaze

Agreed. I got a free voucher for both Dirt 2 and Bought a cheap one off eBay for Dirt 3. The series has gone progressively backwards since the inspired effort of the first Dirt. But much like Pikes Peak becoming fully paved, I think the best days of Codemasters rally are gone.

GT5 and GT6 had much better dirt/gravel physics anyways...

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
61. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 18:03 theglaze

Cabezone wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 14:50:
I don't have trouble steering my car and looking around

Sim driving games with Oculus, that's what I am most excited about.

It seems like the perfect application for VR: the user is already seated and using driving controls, matching that of the digital environment and character. With Oculus you'll be able to look around the interior of a car like the McLaren MP4-12C, survey action in the mirrors and shoulder check blindspots. It will also overcome the biggest disadvantage to a single screen setup, being able turn ones head and look for the second or third apex ahead.

I'm tempted to pickup a development kit just to try out iRacing...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 19:34 theglaze

I think you guys are missing another element to this, and that's the display.

Lots of people use very inefficient, high-input-lag LCD televisions with 120/240/480Hz smoothing enabled and a whole bunch of behind-the-scenes-post-processing which improve colours, saturation, contrast, etc, but at the cost of slowing down the image. Where as a gaming monitor is less than 5ms input lag (advertised, actual is in the 15-50ms range), it is common to see TV's measure at well above 100ms.

Yes, these TV's also have a "GAME" input which bypasses most of those processes, but who actually uses that? Most people I know have an AV receiver to handle all the input.

Sure, M/KB may be the best form of input for a wide range of games, but I don't think it will work as smoothly as some of you assume it will.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 13:07 theglaze

Beamer wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:14:
For the same reason no PS3 game supported them

The PS3 came out with mouse and keyboard support a couple years ago, I recall trying Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I had an issue with input lag. Not only did it run at less than 30 FPS, but there was a very noticeable mouse lag which made aiming significantly more difficult. Not sure if it was the console struggling to work with my Deathadder, or not being efficiently coded to handle mouse input within an FPS....either way there certainly wasn't an aiming advantage over controllers. I recall the keyboard also being lagged but it was not gameplay crippling.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
29. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 02:33 theglaze

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 00:51:
Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 00:01:
I lost over 70k in a single game. That was the last straw for me. It was my best game yet in bf4. Game over for me.
I think it's interesting that you'd describe your best game as the one where you got a lot of XP, and get mad over losing the XP, rather than describe your best game as the one where you had the most fun (and no server crash can take that from you). I think it's sad that gamers these days play Battlefield games to unlock guns and earn XP instead of to do the thing that has made the series great since BF 1942, which didn't have any unlocks.

It's those "only in Battlefield" moments that stand out, and those alone are worth playing for.

But there is so much content that is locked, it's daunting, and losing all that progress towards the items you really want, plus all the other goodies you get along the way is a kick in the sack.

It's like "Hey, look at all this cool stuff. Actually, stop and check out this black screen with a stupid loading bar. Oh hey, now were back to your desktop. By the way, the last 2 hours didn't happen. But you can do it again because you're having fun. Right?"

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
22. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 23:35 theglaze

The first couple weeks were unplayable. I had issues with the web launcher, graphically glitches, and connection drops. Now I seldom get a connection drop, but complete game lock-ups are becoming more common.

I wager I've lost about 75,000 XP from those crashes/drops, or about 2 hours of playtime or 20% of my overall score.

83 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo