Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 237 (Novice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: CS Player Fake Hacks Trap Thousands... Feb 1, 2016, 23:10 theglaze

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 21:00:
Yep, CS:GO sounds like an utter cesspool of cheating asshats. What a shame.

That chart they provide is really interesting, even if it lacks detail for context. I've seen several of my friends and even my account got bumped up in rank within the last week, and I'm curious if that's related to this trap and previous matches being overturned.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed
2. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 29, 2016, 12:53 theglaze

InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 12:13:
So much for being mod friendly...

I guess things were getting out of hand, new users were being misled, and Valve wasn't making any moola off of any of it.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Handier
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Handier Jan 8, 2016, 14:00 theglaze

Xero wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 13:42:
Now if only they could fix the ranking system...

What's more broken with the ranking system? I thought the previous ranking system also needed fixing, and any fallout now is really just an adjustment to a more normal distribution.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2016, 16:42 theglaze

I'm an XCOM and Xenonauts fan, but man alive XCOM 2 is $80 Canadian via Steam. Or spend $95 and get the Day 1 DLC...

What the hell

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
82. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 20:02 theglaze

Some of you really need to google product life cycle...  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
26. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 18:56 theglaze

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 18:41:
I'm going to wait for 2.0 and see how that does. I'm thinking the intial response from people will be that they're amazed that they can look all around, but then that initial first impression will wear off fast and then they'll start thinking about how good it could be if the technology was better.

I think the screen technology will move fast.

Gaming monitors have gone from crappy 1080p TN panels at 120Hz in 2011 to gorgeous 1440p IPS panels at 165Hz in 2015. And that's low volume production with primeium costs.

My guess is the screens in the Rift two years from now will be a generation leap in quality, resolution, and latency compared to version 1 releasing now.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
23. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 18:14 theglaze

OMG OMG OMG

Can't wait to do this!!!!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 19, 2015, 10:28 theglaze

Just a quick shout out to Total Annihilation, still kickin after all this time!  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Gun Control
12. Re: Counter-Strike Gun Control Dec 17, 2015, 00:18 theglaze

Nucas wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 19:59:
i'm trying to think of any time, ever, that a "fan community" hasn't been pissed about something they're used to changing.

or really just any human, anywhere. at any time.

Change is scary! Example:

Valve-run servers are now the most widely accepted way to play the game, and every time the map ends an automatic vote pops up for players to vote on the next map. Guess what maps wins +50% of the time?

de_dust2

Even if the current map is dust2, it usually wins the vote again despite a majority of users wishing to play another map.

So dust2 loads again, about +60% of the server clears out, and 1 to 4 mins later the server is full again. And when the map ends, another vote comes up. Guess what map wins +50% of the time?

de_dust2

60% of the server clears out. People join again because in casual modes a player CANNOT de-select any particular map. And the de_dust2 train with a minority vote keeps choo-chooing along...

I understand the natural human instinct to avoid change, especially when learning a new game. But map voting occurs hundreds (thousands?) of times a minute across all Valve servers, and it's obvious to anyone who stays in a server, the community DOESN'T know what's best for itself.

And apparently the programmers administering CSGO don't know either.

9. Re: Counter-Strike Gun Control Dec 16, 2015, 19:10 theglaze

edaciousx wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:52:
theglaze wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 14:28:
Well it certainly confirms the haphazard approach Valve takes to CSGO tweaks: a bunch of middle-rung Nova skilled programmers relying on data crunching to guide code changes that manipulate fundamentals to the game, all without fully thinking through the actual impact to gameplay and player experience.

CSGO Blog wrote:
For one thing, increasing inaccuracy while spraying also comes with reduced accuracy for all forms of firing.

Morons..

Kind of harsh words. at least they changed it back and admitted they made a mistake. I mean, what do you want from them? To not try to make the game better?

Yes, it is harsh.

Having seen the change log for Battlefield games or MOBA's which are considerably more complex than CSGO, the developers share with the community what they changed and by how much. But with Valve and CSGO it's all secret witchcraft, it forces the community to attempt to decrypt what the hell changed. Even in this official blog post, they reference a user's reddit thread to help explain to us why their update was stupid...

To me, it appears to be an unprofessional approach that disrespects a loyal userbase that has now grown to 9.2m CSGOers.

Speaking of all those users, the beefing and nerfing of weapons directly affects values of weapon skins because it changes the consumers perceived value, adding volatility to the market. And guess who profits from all that activity.

5. Re: Counter-Strike Gun Control Dec 16, 2015, 14:28 theglaze

Well it certainly confirms the haphazard approach Valve takes to CSGO tweaks: a bunch of middle-rung Nova skilled programmers relying on data crunching to guide code changes that manipulate fundamentals to the game, all without fully thinking through the actual impact to gameplay and player experience.

CSGO Blog wrote:
For one thing, increasing inaccuracy while spraying also comes with reduced accuracy for all forms of firing.

Morons..

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 15, 2015, 21:04 theglaze

Battlefront discount already? Haha  

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
9. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 13:18 theglaze

wow I totally forgot I have this on a dusty 360...maybe I'll dip back into the 'classic' version  

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Announced
4. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Announced Dec 4, 2015, 13:15 theglaze

Will buy if Steph Curry is an unlockable character!  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2: Return of the Patriarch Released
2. Re: Killing Floor 2: Return of the Patriarch Released Dec 3, 2015, 20:27 theglaze

3GB update, lots of content.

I'm somewhat glad fans/owners of the early access were vocal about the cosemtic case drops & keys (like CSGO), Tripwire needed their wrists hand slapped for that.

But at the same time, I think the gameplay is turning into what a lot of fans want it to be, and I don't like how those reviews may push away new players interested in the title.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 14:34 theglaze

Can't wait to order a high-power laser from Amazon and shoot down the drone that delivered it! muwhahah!  

4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 21, 2015, 17:51 theglaze

jimnms wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 14:05:
I have a wired 360 controller for certain games. Now that I have Steam on my PC in the living room set up with the in-home Streaming, I want to get another controller so I can do some local coop games on the TV. I'm torn between getting another wired controller or picking up two wireless 360 controllers.

The advantage to wired is no worry about batteries, although I have plenty of low self-discharge re-chargeable batteries. The disadvantage is having wires to trip over when someone gets up to go to the kitchen, bathroom, etc. If I get another wired one, when it comes time to do some couch coop, I'll have to fetch the one from my gaming PC.

Wireless obviously had the advantage of not having wires to trip over, but it costs more. I figured if I go wireless I'd get two of the kits that have the receiver so I can have a receiver in each room and use the wireless controllers on either PC.

Go wireless. There are great 4-player local co-op games out there and that's just a mess with wired gamepads...unless someone whips out an N64 which makes the cords cool because of the nostalgia lol

I'd much rather have stockpile of batteries so I don't have to worry about power than ALWAYS having to navigate a cord, and that one time you get a brain fart is the time a controller goes flying off a table and takes a couple drinks and a bowl of chips with it. Which has never happened to me...

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Oct 21, 2015, 15:48 theglaze

CSGO Blog:

Fantasy Team Game
: Compete against the global CS:GO community to win a Fantasy Trophy by building your dream CS:GO roster and achieving one of the top scores in the all new Fantasy Team Game.

This blew my mind. They are making a fantasy league out of this esport.

In order to compete, CSGOers must buy a team sticker signed by the player they wish to pick for their fantasy team (50% of the proceeds made from direct sticker sales go to the team and player). The stickers are then applied to the fantasy roster and cannot be used or sold until the end of the tourney when they are removed from the roster.

The way Valve has gone about introducing microtransactions into CS has been brilliant: the core game remains unaffected and they've introduced whole new concepts that players can choose to participate in or ignore altogether because the activities exist outside playing the game itself.

It really makes the standard DLC launches of Battlefield and CoD look outdated.

1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 21, 2015, 00:35 theglaze

Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows Begins Shipping Today…

Crap, forgot this USB dongle was for Windows 10 only...seems like a stupid reason to upgrade from Win 7 but at the same time its the only reason I've stumbled across so far.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 13, 2015, 15:26 theglaze

Silverstone Raven RVZ02B-W & SX500-LG on Legion Hardware.

Whoa, that mini Raven is a great looking computer case for a console sized gaming computer, aka Steam Machine. The review doesn't really show the specs, but it's 380mm (W) x 87mm (H) x 370mm (D) or 15" x 3.5" x 15".

237 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo