Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Billy Mitchell

Real Name Billy Mitchell   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theglaze
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Try my hot sauce.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2011, 22:27
Total Comments 163 (Novice)
User ID 57201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
22. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 15, 2015, 16:39 theglaze

nin wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 15:32:
theglaze wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 14:13:
Proceeded by "wow this looks great....but the car handling sucks!"

What makes you say that?

I haven't read or seen enough to convince me otherwise. The last article I read about the handling stated this:

PCPowerPlay wrote on March 31st:
An area that isnít so impressive is the car handling. Currently the game has very confusing wheel setup options, especially in regards to force feedback tuning....We found that the initial settings were very lacklustre, with the wheel exhibiting very little feedback when snapping back from oversteer, hitting curbs and rumble strips, and basically delivering very little information we could actually use.

He goes on to say that the feedback is getting better with each build, and that the community shares setups that significantly improve the handling. Still, a simultaneous multi-platform release is ambitious for a new team and new game engine. It's impressive that they've accomplished so much visually but it's clear to me they sacrificed wheel feedback in the process.

It'll take time to work out the kinks in feedback and wheel support, 3-6 months after release is my guess.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
15. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 15, 2015, 14:13 theglaze

Proceeded by "wow this looks great....but the car handling sucks!"  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 6, 2015, 15:29 theglaze

crypto wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 15:24:
"Intel Core i3 vs. Core i5 vs. Core i7- A Value and Performance Analysis."

Nice article, thanks I needed that

A more interesting article would be one that compares Intel proc's at handling dual images for virtual reality. Valve's Re vive is only 7 months away!

News Comments > The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free
9. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 5, 2015, 12:17 theglaze

This has been on my wish list for a while, so I bought it yesterday.

Should I play it using the default voice, or Serious Sam? The default is becoming annoying already by level 3...

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 19:09 theglaze

Someone needs to take Interstellar, remove all the overacted and annoying dramatic bits, and sync up the the awesome space scenes to music for a trip. Just saying.  

News Comments > Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved Released
1. Re: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved Released Mar 31, 2015, 13:54 theglaze

Smart move; I haven't touched the game since the first few weeks when I grinded it.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
14. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 31, 2015, 04:16 theglaze

I think the downfall of humanity begun when someone picked a spot where they could live year round, and he built a house there.

Our glory days were as hunter gatherers: living in the tropics with awesome weather. Physically active lifestyle. Eating natural foods. Bras didn't exist.

That's the stuff we dream about these days...and we ALL had it 10,000 years ago!

News Comments > F1 2015 in June
2. Re: F1 2015 in June Mar 26, 2015, 19:46 theglaze

Aero wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 19:23:
I understand this is supposed to be the most significant update since the series started. I didn't bother with 2014 but 2013 was okay for what it was.

2014 may have had the best simcade handling of the bunch.

News Comments > Codemasters are DiRTy Teases
1. Re: Codemasters are DiRTy Teases Mar 19, 2015, 12:10 theglaze

They need to stop marketing the game design of the DiRT series to dudebro's. Release that Ken Block gymkhana crap as DLC, and go back to developing epic rally and trailblazing roads that were in the original game. You know, the one that had Colin McRae in the name.

Rally cars are freakin cool just by themselves, aggresive stances and hood scoops with insanely boosted engines that spit fire and scream like banshees. The more genuine the gameplay experience is to the real thing, the more cool it is to all ages.

Stop overselling an easy sale.

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
6. Re: Project CARS Delayed Mar 11, 2015, 23:01 theglaze

A few qomments:

- The first line to this news release is them pumping their own tires
- They still don't have the confidence to pen in a date 2 months out
- If the 0.1% of the game is proving to be this complex or difficult, then clearly they failed to anticipate a significant, release-date-delaying part(s) of the sim

I want this sim to play as amazing as it looks, just like everyone else, but this single press release has the wrong tone and just points to disappointment.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
64. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 11:40 theglaze

Hrmmm, let me get this straight...when it comes to determining the user's perspective in the virtual environment:

GearVR uses the phone's gyroscopes
Oculus uses a camera peripheral
Vive uses cameras on the headset itself

Surely one is better than the others in accuracy?

And this confirms a significant divide between the developed software for each, and issues with porting one experience from one device to another?

I'm totally behind VR, but damnit all if I have to buy more than one headset!

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Zero Punctuation Feb 26, 2015, 13:36 theglaze

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 12:52:
Evolve is going to go down the same path Titanfall did, in a month or so noone will remember this game even existed.
Just looking at the Steam stats page max players

1,142,658 Dota 2
388,910 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
65,095 Team Fortress 2
65,248 Football Manager 2015
37,464 Garry's Mod
37,105 Sid Meier's Civilization V
33,978 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

6,674 Evolve

....and L4D2 is at 9,400 players LOL

5. Re: Zero Punctuation Feb 26, 2015, 13:33 theglaze

Axis wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 12:38:
Robot Disco Dodgeball - the game is legit!).

Hahah wow! Does it support local multiplayer?

2. Re: Zero Punctuation Feb 26, 2015, 12:21 theglaze

Haha, one of his best lines this year.

He's right about online-only gameplay experiences; big developers often produce titles that just aren't rewarding/interesting/involving enough for a long-term commitment, and often at the foundation, the actual gameplay isn't as good as the hype (Evolve, Titanfall, Destiny, soon to release BF Hardline).

While all these action/FPS games are faltering to keep momentum, CS:GO continues to grow month, after month, after month. It's been the same gameplay for what, 15 years? Boggles the mind to see it routinely high on Steam's weekly sales. And the only thing new that Valve has put into it is gambling (!) via case opening for gun skins.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline
12. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 25, 2015, 00:42 theglaze

It's for the dude bro's out there, like this guy, Hardline Drifting on his youtube channel.

If you can't make it pass the first 30 seconds, you're not EA's target audience.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
6. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 11:47 theglaze

Good. Release it when it's ready.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 16, 2015, 12:23 theglaze

Within the screenshots you can read that Codemasters are targeting 1080p resolution at 60 fps and that they are already hitting 45-55 fps.

A smooth, consistent frame rate is now (imo, always was) a must have requirement with next-gen racing titles; the competition from Driveclub, Need for Speed, Forza, and Project CARS is forcing the issue of "eye candy visuals"

But where's the discussion on how much the physics have improved in F1 2015 or how they've introduced additional car setup adjustments for new ways to tune the cars?

I think Codemasters is going to get caught out of position this generation. They've consistently designed their games to appeal to the casual racer, an audience that will find more entertainment from today's competition.

If Codemasters alienates the F1 fans, again, with a watered down simcade that has no more car adjustments than F1 2010 did 5 years ago, they're going to have a pretty racer that no one cares to buy.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Feb 10, 2015, 15:03 theglaze

Lian Li DK-02X on techPowerUp.

People are hating this on the techPowerUp forums, but I think it's brilliant.

There have been plenty of DIY wooden examples of this design, but this is the first metal framework with a well throughout layout that I've seen.

Yes, it's expensive ($1200 USD), but they'll gauge the market with this idea. I'm sure there will be a smaller, cheaper model in the lineup.

The space savings are awesome, especially for those with small apartments and have a gaming system in a common area.

I don't think I'd use the keyboard tray; I'd rather see height adjustable legs and I'd use the glass surface instead.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 4, 2015, 17:49 theglaze

Other great games for local multiplayer:

Mount Your Friends
Nidhogg
Gang Beasts
Legend of Dungeon
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
Samurai Gunn

News Comments > New Condemned Game Possibilities Explored
10. Re: New Condemned Game Possibilities Explored Feb 2, 2015, 15:14 theglaze

I also enjoyed Criminal Origins. I thought the puzzle solving was lazy, but the combat was fun and the atmosphere was well done.  

163 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo