Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krodge

Real Name Krodge   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2011, 01:16
Total Comments 31 (Suspect)
User ID 57199

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
131. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 20:48 Krodge

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:43:
A man, many men putting photos of themselves wearing pantyhose showing their junk online. Even though I'm not saying sensor it, it disturbs me because it looks totally hideous to me.

What has this got to do with anything?. Why are you looking up pictures of men in pantyhose if it upsets you so much. Just stop searching for them.

"I'm not saying sensor it"
I get the feeling you'd love to "Sensor" it

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
128. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 20:37 Krodge

At least this is an actual game, Why the hell is "Grass Simulator" still up?  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 Announced
1. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 Announced Dec 16, 2014, 20:47 Krodge

Fix the 2nd game first.
Everyones still invisible damn it. Wasnt that supposed to be a AAA production effort too?.

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
28. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 13, 2014, 19:58 Krodge

No way would I ever trust the new Interplay with my money.  

News Comments > Grass Simulator Early Access
18. Re: Grass Simulator Early Access Nov 16, 2014, 19:16 Krodge

Fion wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 18:45:
You'd think a game called Grass Simulator would have more impressive grass fx. Star Wars Galaxies had better grass than this and it came out in 2003.

You'd think so, They probably have no clue how to change it though since its from a pre-packaged asset pack they didnt make.

Nothing here is original content actually, You could put this together in 10 minutes.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dreamfall Chapters Book One
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dreamfall Chapters Book One Oct 22, 2014, 23:04 Krodge

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 12:06:
(the intro alone is exceptional, and that in UNITY?!)

Back in 2010 I hated working with unity, Mainly because it wasn't particularly artist friendly. But nowadays its actually quite a decent engine and you can get some very nice graphics out of it.

It has a bad reputation because a lot of amateurs use the free license to pump out crap
But just look at how nice it is when you plug in something like the IBL in Marmoset Skyshop.

http://www.marmoset.co/skyshop

Also, Really glad I helped kickstart this. It's exactly what I wanted. No complaints.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
56. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 25, 2014, 06:47 Krodge

I'm having a lot of fun with this, However...
Combats not quite as good as the recent Xcom, and overall I think Fallout Tactics is still a better game.
I've also run into a lot of bugs and the graphics are pretty awful, In some places so bad that literally gasped, The crane the lifts a shipping container near the RSM prison for example. What a god awful turd of a prop. How did that ever make it into the game.

But despite the bugs and their art team absolutely failing I'm still glad that helped kickstart it and I cant stop playing, I'll probably replay it again once I've finished. Its great that this genre is finally coming back
Really looking forward to mod support and of course Wasteland 3.

News Comments > AU Game Price Inflation
14. Re: AU Game Price Inflation Sep 14, 2014, 01:59 Krodge

PHJF wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:28:
The argument is that AU's high wages result in the high cost of goods (the minimum wage is $17).

Here in NZ the minimum wage is $14NZD (thats $12AUD or 11USD) $11NZD if you're under 16, thats $9USD ($7USD is the minimum for ADULTS in the US?!)

So if the inflated cost is due to the minimum wage you would expect software to be a quite a bit cheaper here in NZ than is Aus.

Nope!, Its at least the same price but often even higher. Often new releases cost around $120 in stores.

Clearly it has nothing to do with the minimum wage. They just do it because they can.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
21. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 10, 2014, 03:18 Krodge

After so many years its hard to really believe any of the promises marketing departments make.

Maybe it'll actually work the way they say and I hope it does, But I won't be surprised if the whole thing ended up feeling very scripted and "gamey".

Remember when Creative Assembly's marketing department was in awe of the the AI they had created for Rome 2?

News Comments > Next Total War Reveal This Month
14. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 10, 2014, 03:08 Krodge

Do China!  

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
35. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 07:38 Krodge

Only 50k?
12 employees, lets say they get paid 1000 a week that funds them for about a month. Oh but we have to include office rent, power, software licenses.
If they're relying on this 50k then the game has to be finished in about 2 weeks or its not going to be finished at all.

Then again maybe Putin can secretly funnel them some more money.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 22:49 Krodge

In the next IHOP movie they should show Superman picking up that boys statue and throwing it through a 7-11. Then he chases the sculptor into a nearby Sears, slaps the Nokia Lumia cell phone from his hand as he tries to call 911, A camera shot of course showing how the Nokia Lumia easily withstands impacting the pavement, leaving not so much as a scratch on the screen. Superman then corners the artist, enraged he screams at him for infringing on DC's copyright.
Then he breaks his neck.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
17. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 5, 2014, 09:26 Krodge

$130, Thats $150 here in NZ, plus the extra $60 or so they always tack on as punishment for being in the wrong hemisphere.
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up costing over $200, but that wont be the first time.

I think I'll wait for the steam sale and get it for $30.

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
10. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 12:48 Krodge

Wow, some royalty free stock cat model sitting in the scene view of what is probably the free version of unity. And some pre renders from some stock turbo squid assets.
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/maya-cat-mackerel-tabby-fur/652952

What a scam. This is probably a couple of 13 year olds with no clue how to actually make a game.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2014, 12:54.

News Comments > Unity 5 Announced
11. Re: Unity 5 Announced Mar 18, 2014, 22:18 Krodge

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 20:48:
I imagine it's mainly that they're "sticking it to the man" and offering a product that is not only free for garage coders (Obsidian, et al. are required to purchase the pro version because they make more than $100k a year at being devs), but robust enough to make the enormous commercial engines start shaking in their boots. Or at least get off their asses and provide similar features, such as omni-platform support and web browser delivery (aka 80% of the bullet points Epic has been touting for Unreal the past few years).

I work with Unity every day, The company I work for makes far less then $100k profit a year but we still had to shell out for several pro licences due to the amount of features locked out if you use the free version.

I like unity, Its getting a lot better.
Initially it was very artist unfriendly But 3rd party tools on the asset store are slowly resolving that.
I still prefer UDK, But unity is gradually catching up.

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
39. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 27, 2013, 17:53 Krodge

You dont need games when you have lots and lots of transistors.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Revival Details
21. Re: Shadow Warrior Revival Details May 21, 2013, 08:27 Krodge

It seems hypocritical to me that some of the same people who cried bigotry the other day when someone called the Christ Centered Gaming guy a "religious nut" are the same people crying about "political correctness" today because a sequel to a game may or may not be planning on making fun of the nuclear holocaust in Hiroshima or of Chinese slave laborers.

I loved the original Shadow Warrior, & most of the racism was so soft & innocent it was as if it was came straight from the mind of a little kid attempting to show his ignorant & misguided admiration of Asian culture.
But jokes like the Hiroshima one and the suicide bombing Coolies I thought were more stupid than funny or offensive & I dont see how the game would have suffered had they been dropped.
I would leave the decision up to the developers of course and I certainly dont want to see it censored, but how would we feel if Lo Wang said "HAHAHA, Just like Auschwitz!" While some of the enemies were refereed to as "Niggers"

Much more concerning to me is if this game is going to end up a 5 hour long series of linear hallways like Hard Reset.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
100. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 17:37 Krodge

I guess you can make a reasonable judgement on the quality of a game based on pre-release trailers, interviews and screenshots after all.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
45. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 18:53 Krodge

This game way overpriced where I am. Its $99 USD and then another $40 USD for the seasons pass.
Maybe I'll get it when they release a GOTY at a bargain bin price. But I still have 50 other games I still need to play, so probably not.

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Mode Launches
51. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Launches Dec 5, 2012, 09:51 Krodge

durandal wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 22:34:
I don't really see the point of this.

Well its great for me, Great timing too.
I just put together a PC out of a bunch of old parts so my wife could play all the steam 'console' type games she loves (like Darksiders) on the tv. Now its way easier for her, and she can also use it to browse the internet, All with a controller.

I dont have to waste money on a 3rd replacement xbox. And steam games are a shitload cheaper than store bought console games, especially when they're on sale.
Seriously. $4 for darksiders on steam, $65 for xbox. $3 for LA Noire, $98 for xbox *NZ btw.
I'm sure I could find them cheaper if I ordered them online somewhere, But this is cheap and almost instantaneous.

Yea I think I like my new pc-console.

31 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo