Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krodge

Real Name Krodge   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2011, 01:16
Total Comments 46 (Suspect)
User ID 57199

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 24, 2015, 23:05 Krodge

Julio wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 18:47:
As for member suicides, maybe they shouldn't have been cheating in the first place.

You dont know the details of these peoples lives or why they did what they did (something thats not even illegal mind you). They could have been in bad or abusive relationships, In a situation where they were unable to get a divorce, They could have been gay and in the closet unwilling or unable to come out. Not every case is as black and white as you seem to think and in no case should any of these people have been exposed and pushed to suicide.

It seems hypocritical to me that everyone was so outraged at the NSA logging meta data but no complaints when a criminal hacker group exposes peoples private sex lives, resulting in some of their deaths.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Forest Warrior Early Access
1. Re: Forest Warrior Early Access Jun 27, 2015, 05:53 Krodge

So its not based on the shitty Chuck Norris film?  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Teased
1. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 10, 2015, 21:15 Krodge

I liked the last one.
But I do wish they had gone with old school level design instead of a Serious Sam / Painkiller style game.

Still good fun though.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2015, 21:18 Krodge

I see that she was also unable to enjoy the new Mad Max film since she perceives it as sexist.
Supposedly it portrays women as "Things" sex objects who are allowed to "Participate in a cinematic orgy of male violence".

That the female characters are shallow
"women can drive fast and stoically kill people too!"

And that the film would have been better if the action scenes had been less exciting.
"Sometimes violence may be necessary for liberation from oppression, but it's always tragic. Fury Road frames it as totally fun and awesome."

So on one side of the coin we have those guys who refused to watch it because its "feminist propaganda", and on the other side "feminists" who refuse to watch it because its not?
I think some people are so bound up in a particular view that they're just seeing what they want to see in ever facet of life.

Acleacius wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 16:44:
I can't comment on the accuracy, since I'll probably never play another Witcher game, unless they get away from this 'forced' to play Geralt crap.

So you refuse to play games where you have to play as a pre designed character?
Because you're going to miss out on a ton of great games.
The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Dreamfall. You would refuse to play all of these since you cant create your own character?

News Comments > etc., etc.
22. Re: etc., etc. May 27, 2015, 08:58 Krodge

Thats GOG's right but it seems inconsistent considering you can buy Postal 1 and 2.

The developers sound like wankers but the game itself I have no problem with. There is a place for R18 Exploitation games just as there is with films.
And as with all forms of media as long as you aren't trying to incite actual crimes and as long as its appropriately age rated, then go ahead.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
63. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 22:17 Krodge

Its standard for games to look worse on release nowadays, So I'm not surprised.
The game still looks great and I love CDPR but they should refrain from showing "in game trailers" that probably wont reflect the final game, or should at least remove those trailers and point it out if and when things do change.
I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here but at some point it becomes false advertising which is kind of illegal.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced
19. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 13, 2015, 06:32 Krodge

So this is Assassins Creed 9.
Thats already 2 more sequels than Police Academy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 12, 2015, 10:09 Krodge

I'm pretty sure the Skynet in the Terminator films borrows its name from the UK's "Skynet" military communications satellite network that was started way way back in the 60s.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
24. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 8, 2015, 06:40 Krodge

I've still not quite finished this, I guess I'll wait until this version is out.

I skeptical about them getting PBR right though. I suppose they could do a half assed job but if they want to set up the materials correctly they'd have re-texture almost the entire game.
Its not as simple as hitting a tick box.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 7, 2015, 20:44 Krodge

Are people even able to play these as fast as ubisoft squeezes them out?  

News Comments > GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles
8. Re: GeForce Witcher 3 & Arkham Bundles May 6, 2015, 06:04 Krodge

Well, Arkham Knight is $163 on steam here in NZ. So I guess thats a pretty good deal.

And yea, I regret SLI. Too many issues with too many games, Half the time I just end up disabling it and then I forget to turn it back on.
Much less of a hassle to go with a single faster card.

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
31. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 26, 2015, 18:43 Krodge

"No refunds" policies are illegal in my country and I'm pretty sure Valve doesn't get to pick and choose which laws they want to follow.

If you bought something that doesn't work as advertised, Doesn't contain the features advertised, Or you were mislead in someway into buying it. Then you can get an immediate refund.

There's also no specific time limit here in NZ either. Its just "a reasonable time"
So GOGs extended 30 days limit is already covered here, And probably a lot longer too.

In fact I think if I bought a game a year ago but didn't install it until now, And it didn't work, And they're still selling the same version with the same hardware requirements, And given that theres nothing the passage of time could have done to break the software, Then the fact that I bought it a year ago clearly has nothing to do with it being faulty or missing features, Its reasonable to expect it should still work.
So I'm pretty sure I would still be eligible for a refund.

Though I'd have to go to ombudsman when they inevitably refused, and I really couldn't be bothered.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 04:42 Krodge

Orogogus wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 01:52:
When is a 1 degree increase in F not a 1 degree increase? I'm all for the Celsius scale, but I don't follow this. The relationship between F and C is a linear one (F = 9C/5 + 32), and if the C scale is linear then F should be too.

You're right, It is linear.
But it gets confusing since the scales have different starting points, 0c the Freezing temp of water, 0F being...whatever.
So;
0C = 32F
10C = 50F
20C = 68F
30C = 86F
40C = 104F
50C - 122F

Lots of us who have never used F sometimes mistake the offset for F being nonlinear.
Clearly the simplicity of international standards have spoiled us and dulled our thinking

News Comments > Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue?
16. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 11, 2015, 05:46 Krodge

Deepjay wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 05:15:
You could easily adapt it to 40k though.

No, I think you'd have to adapt 40k to Total War. Otherwise the resulting game would be so different it might as well lose the Total War label.

So, Space marines marching in formation and firing in volleys until they or the enemy units lose morale and route or are out flanked, Possibly by a small and fast but vulnerable unit of cavalry.

Doesn't feel like how actual 40k plays. Normal Warhammer seems a better fit to me. But Im a little worried sega will want a console port, the game will be simplified and the series will take even more steps back than in Rome 2.
I hope not, But I wont be surprised if it does.

News Comments > Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue?
15. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 11, 2015, 05:33 Krodge

I was kinda hoping for a total war set in ancient china.  

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
131. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 20:48 Krodge

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:43:
A man, many men putting photos of themselves wearing pantyhose showing their junk online. Even though I'm not saying sensor it, it disturbs me because it looks totally hideous to me.

What has this got to do with anything?. Why are you looking up pictures of men in pantyhose if it upsets you so much. Just stop searching for them.

"I'm not saying sensor it"
I get the feeling you'd love to "Sensor" it

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
128. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 20:37 Krodge

At least this is an actual game, Why the hell is "Grass Simulator" still up?  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 Announced
1. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 Announced Dec 16, 2014, 20:47 Krodge

Fix the 2nd game first.
Everyones still invisible damn it. Wasnt that supposed to be a AAA production effort too?.

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
28. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 13, 2014, 19:58 Krodge

No way would I ever trust the new Interplay with my money.  

News Comments > Grass Simulator Early Access
18. Re: Grass Simulator Early Access Nov 16, 2014, 19:16 Krodge

Fion wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 18:45:
You'd think a game called Grass Simulator would have more impressive grass fx. Star Wars Galaxies had better grass than this and it came out in 2003.

You'd think so, They probably have no clue how to change it though since its from a pre-packaged asset pack they didnt make.

Nothing here is original content actually, You could put this together in 10 minutes.

46 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo