Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nighthawk

Real Name Nighthawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 18, 2011, 23:34
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 57178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week Jun 19, 2014, 07:52 Nighthawk

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 00:13:
Fun little mod. I'll wait for the $5.00-$10.00 version.

I agree. It does just feel like a mod. It was fun for a bit but nothing like a true Battlefield game. They should have made the beta maps look totally different than any of the BF4 maps. I know its unpolished at this point but it currently feels like a cheap way to take the Shanghai map from BF4, swap out some vehicles and weapons and call it a new $60 game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
14. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 26, 2014, 12:51 Nighthawk

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 11:07:
Is there a reward for taking them down like with the asylum demon though?

There is a nice drop for killing the single one up on the hill but you can get a nice weapon if you return to the fire keepers in the hut after killing the two on the beach.

Bait him into swinging and stay back. After his last hit lands you have time to run behind him. Just stay behind him and when he starts to sit, back up, wait for him to land and then run in and hit him a few times. If you stay behind him he will keep sitting over and over letting you get your hits in. You can easily do this at the start of the game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 22:06 Nighthawk

Quinn wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 17:08:
2. I have all my tools bought early into the game even with Expensive Resources on as a difficulty mod. Now my only motivation left to steal is for Rope Arrows (600 gold a piece! You make about 1200 gold a mission! Fuck me!) and achievements.

Buy your rope arrows from the guy in Sirens Rest at the docks. They are only 11 gold.

News Comments > Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES
35. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 6, 2014, 22:13 Nighthawk

I'm a fan of Steam and PC games but I don't know about these.

They just seem like nothing more than buying a Linux based PC. I priced out the same components and by obviously choosing the cheapest of each I came out to around $650 without an OS. It also seems like you are in for a big disappointment when that Steam machine you bought won't play the game you want because you didn't get the one with X inside. Sure you can just buy that upgraded part and put it in yourself but I can do that with my PC already. There is a reason gaming machines cost a lot and these seem like low powered machines made to run sub AAA titles. A console gamer knows when he puts a game in it will run as expected without tweaking the graphics settings. In these it sounds like, depending on which one you get, you will have to tweak making them more confusing to people who may think they are buying a PC console.

Something else I wonder about is the Linux OS. Is it able to run any game Windows can or does the game have to be ported to Linux first? Being a Windows guy I really don't know how that works but I would be worried that manufacturers wouldn't try to optimize the Linux drivers for the best performance since they are not their #1 customers. I know of Valves hatred toward Windows, not to mention the added cost of bundling it into a system, but it seems like you are putting a lot on the future of gaming with Linux.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 "Matches" Plans
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Jul 5, 2012, 20:54 Nighthawk

If you are actively renting a dedicated server can't you already set up a private match that only you and your friends can connect too?  

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
7. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 21:35 Nighthawk

How separate are the items between playing single player and multiplayer? For example, if there is a unique item on the auction house, and there is only one of those items in the whole Diablo 3 world, can I still possibly find it in my game if I only play single player?

If single player and multiplayer are one in the same in terms of items to be found, then that is where I have a small issue with paying for items. It would be like plucking something out of the game I paid for that I will never be able to get because someone else in the world already found it.

-Nighthawk

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged [Updated]
12. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged Oct 18, 2011, 19:35 Nighthawk

The only reviewer who tells it like it is is Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw and his Zero Punctuation reviews. While he may seem to hate every game, I find his points to be valid even if I enjoy a game he tears to shreads.  

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo