Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for lala4281263

Real Name lala4281263   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vio
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 12, 2011, 23:28
Total Comments 127 (Novice)
User ID 57173

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 12, 2015, 19:40 Vio

How exactly are they going to make money when everyone is on windows 10...

Either they have to lock down all software installations to their store or they have to charge the same users again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Announced
14. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Announced Jul 10, 2015, 17:11 Vio

I am very much a doubter for this "expansion". If they used a upgraded engine like PoE did fine; but we don't need "new" low rez content...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
13. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 10:37 Vio

Quinn wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:23:
Not sure what I wanna see more: an awesome game, once it's done 3 years from now, or this shite turning out as the worst con-debacle of the century. All the popcorn in the world wouldn't be enough in case of the latter, and that's coming from a guy who was looking forward to this game once. A long time ago.

"If" it's done 3 years from now it means the game took 7 years to develop...

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
1. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 09:39 Vio

The end is nigh.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2015, 09:07 Vio

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 07:38:
Fletch wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 01:41:
nin wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 17:55:
I think the whole PCMR sucks ass, frankly. I go where the fun games are, and don't limit myself to one platform.

There are no fun console games.

OK. There's no fun pc games, either.

That was easy.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
33. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 23, 2015, 11:27 Vio

I would have preferred they make expansion packs instead of a extra game...  

News Comments > Arma III Tanoa Expansion
11. Re: Arma III Tanoa Expansion Jun 17, 2015, 19:34 Vio

The player movement is fine. Its 1:1 to mouse now in Arma 3. Arma 2 was where they applied some weird ass reverse mouse acceleration along with clunky gun barrel sticking out mechanics.

What they need to fix is how badly AI affects the rendering performance, and rip out their net code and get someone else to write them a net code solution.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 07:11 Vio

Slick wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 01:44:
jeez, been out a few weeks and they're already shoving expansion packs down our throat? I bet this is going to cost $650 with all the DLC, i bet the bean counters at paradox and obsidian are just wetting their lips. why do game devs only care about profits? so greedy.
Expansions were part of kickstarter campaign actually.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
47. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 05:52 Vio

Vive controller looks better to me. It has touch pads.  

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
57. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 9, 2015, 07:55 Vio

shihonage wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 19:56:
Vio wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 15:41:
shihonage wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 15:34:
They just need to limit it to games that cost $30 and up, which are mostly non-indie titles.
There is no reason to place limits on refunds unless a company/indie is going to produce a piece of crap that no one wants to keep, and sucker them into buying via marketing.

The simple fact is this: everyone who got the refund didn't think the game was worth the purchase price.

Think about what an early access game REALLY sells. It sells a small piece of content, usually, and the rest of your money is invested into future patches which expand this content.

Thus, early access games are prime targets for being exploited by this return policy.
I don't see the problem; if your going to early access a unfinished piece of crap people will refund. If you early access it needs to be playable and the price needs to reflect what you are selling at that point then, if not you are just exploiting people's ignorance.

If you need funding for your game, go to kick starter.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2015, 16:18 Vio

At this point I will really surprised if AMD can deliver anything, as far as I can tell NVidia and Intel have had them check mated for years when it comes to "New Era in PC".  

43. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 15:41 Vio

shihonage wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 15:34:
They just need to limit it to games that cost $30 and up, which are mostly non-indie titles.
There is no reason to place limits on refunds unless a company/indie is going to produce a piece of crap that no one wants to keep, and sucker them into buying via marketing.

The simple fact is this: everyone who got the refund didn't think the game was worth the purchase price.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2015, 15:48.

42. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 15:38 Vio

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 15:33:
The easy fix is letting companies set whether they want to allow refunds or not and then displaying that decision prominently to consumers when they go to buy.

The hard one is making a decent game which people wouldn't want to refund.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 4, 2015, 08:25 Vio

SXO wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 07:09:
That was a great talk. I'm wondering if instead of using controllers that maybe they should be looking into developing some sort of gloves with positional tracking instead.

I think we should be doing both. Dexmo has a interesting exo skeleton for the hand with a mechanical break on the index finger thumb joint which can make you "touch" virtual objects, combine that with Valve's tracking tech on the controllers and you might have something really nice.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2015, 05:23 Vio

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 21:52:
edit:
More annoyingly, perhaps, Microsoft has also changed how updates will work with Windows 10. Although the Pro and Enterprise editions will both be able to defer updates, Windows 10 Home users will not have the option. Updates will instead be downloaded and installed automatically as soon as they're available.

Aaaand fuck you, microsoft. You've released buggy patches too many times for people to trust you with that privilege.

This times 1 billion.

I had originally thought about upgrading my old laptop to 10 to see how it goes and leaving my gaming rig on 7 but I guess it's 7 for life, or at least until dx12 convinces me that its worth upgrading.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
29. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:48 Vio

Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 14:33:
ForgedReality wrote on May 26, 2015, 14:01:
I don't care what you guys say, I am absolutely loving this game. The interface, gameplay, story, writing, and everything else are miles beyond the previous game, and most other games I've ever played. Sure, it could use some improvements here and there, but given what they've achieved and the grand scope of this game, it is absolutely a masterpiece

I don't know if I would say masterpiece but I definitely enjoy the game. What I don't enjoy is opening up the inventory to filter for the umpteenth time in a game with so much shit to collect. Thankfully they've already said they're patching in font scaling and doing some more work on the filters at least.

What I really appreciate more than anything else has been the quality of the sidequests and writing, I hope more games shoot for this kind of ambition instead of the DA:I bullshit.

Why does every new game that comes out think we want to dig through list of inventory items (that are pages long), what was wrong with the inventory grids of old where you could actually see more than 5 items at a time? I actually liked the ones where different items took up a different configuration of inventory cells. I know some people don't like "Inventory Tetris" though, so I won't say it needs to come back. I would kill for a nice grid with drag & drop though

The tl;dr is that its really challenging to come up with a UI that suits disparate platforms like the PC and consoles.
Then build two UI's. This is exactly the reason why windows 8.0 is so poor. Trying to do too much in one thing instead of making two.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
22. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 14:37 Vio

Quinn wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:56:
Holy shit! The tweak guide on geforce.com can get the game looking close to the 2013 footage again =)
Not by a long shot.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
10. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 09:51 Vio

I think the market is pretty much saturated if you look at it from a means and a per player pov. Everybody has such a backlog of stuff that they can just sit and wait for the prices to come down and pick up a title or two when they hit their GOTY 75% of sale.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 11, 2015, 05:21 Vio

PropheT wrote on May 11, 2015, 00:27:
Simon Says wrote on May 10, 2015, 19:50:
Please let this be opt-in and not opt-out and/or can be disabled easily. With low caps and sky high prices, if I can't disable it, I'll have to stick to Win7.

That's unlikely, considering the security gap that it creates. It's one of the main reasons to handle the updates in that fashion in the first place.
What security gap? You mean disabling updates and never updating?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 11, 2015, 04:09 Vio

jdreyer wrote on May 10, 2015, 17:01:
Anyone playing Toxikk? My plan is to wait until it's finished, but I'm wondering how it's coming along.
Prior to this sale I pulled a stat on how many people were playing: 9.

127 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo