Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for lala4281263

Real Name lala4281263   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vio
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 12, 2011, 23:28
Total Comments 37 (Suspect)
User ID 57173

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY
18. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 14:41 Vio

Meh looks boring.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
53. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 25, 2014, 12:10 Vio

Maybe if their next stretch goal is to cut the game's scope to something that is realistically achievable with their budget i'll buy into the koolaid.

The promise is great but I haven't really seen anything that shouts 'we can deliver'. Nix the gameplay vids when the arena launches I guess. Juggle

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 4, 2014, 17:04 Vio

Steele Johnson wrote on May 4, 2014, 15:09:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 4, 2014, 14:37:
Windows 8 sucks

You've just earned the "I'm cool" badge of the day.

How about this, clicking one checkbox makes win8 a better win7. But I know that's too confusing to the hipsters.
Windows 8 sucks.

Can I also get one?

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
54. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 29, 2014, 04:25 Vio

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 19:56:
You guys still butthurt over Bungie selling out and becoming console guys? Let it go fellas. It was ages ago. You know exactly what the deal is here. We'll always have Myth. The rest is forgettable shite.

It was my first experience of not being able to trust a politician. Flood

News Comments > From Software Sold
32. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 17:49 Vio

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 17:07:
"just shows everyone exactly the kind of person who's harboring this bizarre grudge against FROM for bringing a fantastic series to PC when they really didn't have to.
The issue is their promises of awesome KB/mouse support, not the bringing the game to the platform.

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 16:02:
Lmao... First of all, I have no sympathy for anyone who plays these kinds of games with KBM.
With opening statements like that your opinion here is not really going to matter.

News Comments > From Software Sold
20. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 15:24 Vio

Here's some nice 'gameplay' footage of DS2 on PC: link  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack
26. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 18:00 Vio

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 17:56:
Keep in mind that it's not all about pleasing the current player base... One of their goals in updating the game is to improve the new user experience. Some people will bitch about anything that's different, but especially if they feel they've been wronged somehow. Well, you only feel that way because you knew what it was like before. What if the way it was before wasn't right?

New players seem pretty anoyed to me. Basically they get less than half the traits they used to have before at lvl 51.

Old players also annoyed actually quite the fire going on on the forums there right now.

24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 17:39 Vio

Fion wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 16:53:
I don't think I agree with the trait push-back being a bad thing. After all one of the biggest complaints I hear is 'there's nothing to achieve after you unlock all your skills and traits'. Well.. now there is.

Though I do think the levels at which you unlock them now is wonky. Right now it's 1 every 6 levels starting at 30 and 2 every 6 levels after lvl 66. That is convoluted and a lot of people won't understand when they get traits and why. It should have been 1 every 5 levels starting at 20 and 2 at level 80. It's still 14 traits total and much.. much more simple to figure out.

I don't think pushing the trait accessibility from 11 to 30, 40 to 60, and 60 to 80 etc is going to solve 'nothing to do'. Traits after all are only 'something to do' if you are experimenting with new builds, and honestly that isn't going to happen till you have full access.

In short what they have done is they have made everyone below 80 weaker, and the game before level 30 extremely boring. It could be argued they just made the game more boring for longer because it takes longer to access your traits.

Yea but other than this change it is a nice patch.

23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 17:31 Vio

I agree with that one. I have a lvl 51 warrior, it'll be interesting to see what's happened to him when I log in. My cynical side says they'll have taken his 40 trait points and turned them into the equivalent of 20 trait points
Thats basically what happened just went in with my 75, no access to grandmastery tier; and it seems i can access less than before. Really I don't know why they did this; its seriously dumb.

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 16:39 Vio

Negatives in the pack are the pushing back of traits from 11/40/60 to 30/60/80, and for some it will be a negative having to unlock major traits now, there is of course the option to just buy them; but honestly its taking away the ability to experiment with what you like in early levels to get to know your profession.

Other than those two I believe all the changes are positive; at least they are for me.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
91. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 18:15 Vio

Drillo wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 17:25:
Vio wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 16:46:
Stop just stop already...YOU just compared a PG generated game with a .....
http://imgur.com/a/CF6UZ

I know I did, and the point is valid : for the amount of time they spent they have very little game to show for it; moreover the string keeps getting longer and longer and longer (now with stretch goals that sound like a joke).

If they are indeed delivering as we all "hope" they are then they actually have a massive PR/Marketing problem on their hands because the perception that this game is just a cash grab is growing and growing; they need to show something far better than what they have so far to squash that perception - in youtube video form.

Honestly "Early 2015" looks like a dim hope based on what we've seen. Unless of course "Early 2015" means "Early access alpha".

84. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 16:46 Vio

Cabezone wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 16:39:
So people in here bitch when the stretch goals seem like too much work. Then when they are clearly winding down on the scope people bitch that the stretch goals are not a lot of work.

Why not just leave it open with no goal; to say you'll add a room to your hanger for 2 million dollars, and a towel for a mil is a mockery.

But at this point I don't think they will deliver on all their stretch goal promises even if they had 200 million dollars, but then again the guy at Limit Theory seems to be doing wonders with his ~$190 000 game, so maybe they can sub contract him to finish Star Citizen for us.

Look I really want the game to succeed, but right now based on what they showed vs. time vs. budget this game indeed does look like it will be a massive disappointment, unless they pull another 150 mil out of no where with no additional promises and push back release till after 2016/17.

82. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 16:33 Vio

Here is the poll for the $45 million goal, with my commentary in parenthesis, for those too lazy or horrified to click on the link:

A) A New Ship's Gun (New Gun, What New Gun, What about the Old Guns?)
B) Updated Scanner Software (Updated as opposed to what you fuckers??)
C) A new role-specific outfit (Pijamas?)
D) Engine Tuning Kit
E) A Ship Skin (Again, what the fuck, 1 Million Dollar Horse Armor??)
F) A Space Plant (Ok, this sounds cool)
G) Mystery Object (1 Million Dollar Random Encounter??)
H) Another room for your hanger (...seriously? 2 million dollars to add a single room? what the hell)

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
12. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 15:39 Vio

If it's anything like a UO shard then none of this is applicable since all characters and economy will be local to each individual shard.

All that said I'm extremely keen on this, I seriously miss the old UO sandbox style mmo - no xp, no quest; just a bunch of game systems given to the players and a friendly please play to your hearts content

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
30. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 17:46 Vio

I just can't resist  

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games
15. Re: John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games Jan 8, 2014, 14:04 Vio

BobBob wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 13:59:
Is it not possible for the MetaPro to go into full immersion mode or is there a potential for an augmented Oculus VR? I'm not trying to knock the Oculus Rift. I would imagine having the ability to experience full immersion or augmented (as a choice) via the same device would be ideal. It doesn't have to be to simply one or the other -- but rather a device that encapsulates both concepts into a synthesis of practical function.

Typically when you apply the Hegelian dialectic (that can be applied to most break-through and popular technologies), there will be something that from evolves from both but is truly neither.

Technically all it needs is two low latency camera's and some hardware that combines the rendered objects onto the video feeds, but I think they would need to enhance their positional tracking since right now in the new prototype it relies on a static camera on your desk tracking ir dots on the head mount.

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games
12. Re: John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games Jan 8, 2014, 13:48 Vio

BobBob wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 13:16:
Good to see they got JC on board. The man has brought us the best open-sourced engines. We shall be eternally grateful to him for his fundamental contributions to the open-source gaming communities.

Critical question:

How is Oculus VR superior to something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuMv29nKo2k

Fundamentally different purposes, rift takes you into the virtual world, where as that brings the virtual onto the real world.

But from a pure technical/financial perspective: 40 degrees fov and only 720p? For a pair of glasses which cost $3,485.00, compared to the rift which gives you 110 degrees fov with them targeting 1080p at a target cost of around $300...

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
51. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 10:46 Vio

InBlack wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 08:16:
I get what you are talking about, but you are talking about an optimal frame rate. Very few games today run at these rates on our 'normal' 2d monitors. Do the games really have to run at 60 FPS per eye for the Virtual Reality 'trick' to kick in? As far as I know games on a standard screen play and look okay from 25 frames and upwards.

Basically you need to render two images instead of one per pass, so at the worst we will need double the graphics power for the same resolution that we used to on our normal monitors.

Ive got a 760 GTX Im pretty happy with right now, another one in SLI mode might do the trick when the Oculus shows its ugly face. If it isnt, Im going to be happy to upgrade to whatever will be required. There is no reason to think that Nvidia and AMD wont be up to the challenge presented by doubling the power requirement.

Yea 30fps vsync with motion blur is generally enough on a standard 2d monitor, if you take away the motion blur you would need 60fps to make it look decent.

The thing about the rift that makes it awesome is the fabled 'you are there' feeling you get when you put it on, apparently when the FPS drops below 60 the realism effect is lost. I assume this has something to do with the latency involved between movement and transition on the screen; i.e. 60fps is latency translation of input and what you see of 16.6ms (they are aiming for 15ms on the rift hardware in terms of input/panel ability).

Computationally graphics wise the rift is a bit of a pain because it in essence is going to need to try render two points of view at 1280x1440 each and combine the image(single screen with two images would be 2560x1440 which will be the sweet spot for their display panel). I'll probably need to upgrade from the two 560's I have if I'm going to be playing anything modern graphics wise on the rift.

Oh well, it is definitely a exciting piece of hardware; a real game changer in the world of games

44. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 07:31 Vio

Vio wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 07:30:
No it uses one panel with two view point images on it, then the optic cups just makes sure that each eye gets the correct piece of the total screen presented to it.

Thats why getting a greater than 1080p panel into the device is important, so that each eye can get at least 960p's worth of image giving a combined view of 1080p.

43. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 07:30 Vio

No it uses one panel with two view point images on it, then the optic cups just makes sure that each eye gets the correct piece of the total screen presented to it.

3d tv technology on the other hand interleaves the two images onto the same panel full screen alternating and then the eye wear just alternates between the two images for left and right eye hence dropping the refresh rate in half.

The rift won't have this problem, your biggest problem is going to be your hardware's ability to essentially render the game twice from two viewpoints at 60fps, since it has been established you need 60fps with the low latency to give the scene you see presence.

37 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo