Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for lala4281263

Real Name lala4281263   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vio
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 12, 2011, 23:28
Total Comments 64 (Suspect)
User ID 57173

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
60. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 19, 2015, 05:43 Vio

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 04:52:
El Pit wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 04:39:
Vio wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 04:10:
Ward wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:16:
win 10 is a free upgrade for win 7 and 8 and all recent cards should support it. If not GPU upgrades are dirt cheap.

For now.™

Actually its free for the first year after that you got to subscribe...

Where did you read this? Win10 is a free upgrade for win 7 and win 8 users for one year after Win10's release date, after that they will have to pay for the UPGRADE. For private users, Win10 will stay free to use until... well... the end of time? See? The time to upgrade for free is limited, not the time you can use Win10.

Yes, the motivation seems to be that it's cheaper to lose the first year of sales, have everyone upgrade for free, and only have to support Win 10, than to have to support Win 7, Win 8, etc. in perpetuity.
They going to need to support those platforms anyway for their life cycle.

Their corporate end goal after all is a 'software as a subscription service' walled of garden OS that you need to pay for according to the frequency of the payment model. And the software of course can only be installed from their 'app store' generating more money.

Indeed if I was in Microsoft's position that would be my strategic goal for the 'PC'.

DX12 exclusivity, and free upgrade are just lures to progress the plan, and remove win 7 as medium term obstacle.

If I am wrong then Microsoft must open up the 'modern' app environment to side loading without a developer license.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
52. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 19, 2015, 04:10 Vio

Ward wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:16:
win 10 is a free upgrade for win 7 and 8 and all recent cards should support it. If not GPU upgrades are dirt cheap.

For now.™

Actually its free for the first year after that you got to subscribe...

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
13. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 16:38 Vio

As a ks backer I am quite amped for this game Toff Sunny  

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Jan 31, 2015, 01:29 Vio

Lol, the purpose is to stop any modding that can occur so they can sell their DLCs later. "saving the players from the nasty cheaters" is just sugar coating.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2015, 12:17 Vio

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 11:33:
Forgive me for failing to read the article but there IS NO ISSUE with memory on the GTX 970. It has memory in two different locations with most of it in the first and the second only activates when it is necessary.

NVidia explained everything days ago.
The problem is when it starts using that memory actively it cuts memory performance by up to 50%, and nvidia wasn't upfront about this fact so now the internet is exploding.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2015, 12:56.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
8. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 28, 2015, 05:22 Vio

Dragon Age: Inquisition captivated fans and critics worldwide and it quickly became the most successful launch in BioWare™ history

Not for a PC gamer:Link

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 28, 2015, 04:51 Vio

EA's just trying to win the most hated company on the internet award again.  

News Comments > WRC 5 Announced
5. Re: WRC 5 Announced Jan 26, 2015, 16:12 Vio

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 10:52:
I like racing games but previous WRC titles looked so underwhelming I could never force myself to buy one.
There was a demo too for one of them (maybe on the console) and the handling was just plain suck.
Codemasters Grid and Dirt series was leaps and bounds ahead in physics and fun factor.
The real question is "can it even rift?"
That's going to become the defining factor of games released from next year on.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
38. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 26, 2015, 16:02 Vio

Pigeon wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 16:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:12:
Vio wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:05:
Can you travel to different systems yet via flight/warp/jump?

You're joking, right? They're too busy squeezing mo' moneh outta people by releasing more concepts of ships. No time for the actual game!

BadIronTree wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:41:
No hate comment yet ?
Something is terrible wrong !!!

There. Better now?

To seriously answer the original question: You're still kidding, right? All you can do is fart in your cockpit seat (of select single seater craft only so far... the multiplayer ship play won't be released until later this year in AC 2.0) and do some dogfighting on a few tiny maps. And you can race on a few other tiny maps.
That's it. There's not even a hint of a persistent universe or in fact *any* universe just yet...

I picked this up as part of a promotion when you buy a new GFX card. Pretty, but there's not a lot to do other than putz around a small area in your ship. I seriously don't understand how people can dump hundreds of dollars into this game buying virtual goods for a game that's not even close to being complete. I would need a massive reserve of disposable wealth before I'd even consider it.

Ok so how many tiny squares they got so far to dogfight in? They promised a 100 systems or something right? How many tiny rooms in a system? Or haven't they got a populated system yet?

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
20. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 15:54 Vio

bhcompy wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:44:
Ubisoft is Comcast?
Well let's just say EA, Ubi, and Comcast are duking it out for the crown.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
19. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 15:26 Vio

Sigh is this the new COD, new release every year? Oh well I decided to opt out after bl2 anyway, but seriously these yearly releases of the same IP need to die.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
10. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 15:24 Vio

Regardless of legality Ubisoft is pretty much wearing the crown of the most hated company on the internet right now. I wonder if the de-activations are worth the bad publicity ball they keep feeding.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
2. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 24, 2015, 15:05 Vio

Can you travel to different systems yet via flight/warp/jump?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
43. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 22, 2015, 03:27 Vio

Can you fly from one system to another yet i.e. warp or whatever or are you still stuck with one orbital body?  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 11:05 Vio

Changed Tactical Camera so that it no longer re-centers when the player changes party members.
That's the only useful change in my play experience.

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
80. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 19, 2015, 17:35 Vio

Of course 10 is not really changing my view since they haven't amputated the putrid infection that is their metro app platform.  

79. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 19, 2015, 17:26 Vio

Slick wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 00:48:
a superior experience because having the start menu look more colorful scares you.
You must be confusing fear with utter loathing and hate.

Let me expand on this, I actually don't mind the fact that they have a alternate UI built into the OS even though I dislike it intensely; what I do mind is that they have an entire extra platform for applications which can only be installed of their store (which is their wet dream of course as I mentioned before).

Windows 8/8.1 is a frankenstein abortion of a OS. They should have gone full metro on the UI front and just call it something else, but they keep thinking by forcing this crap down the desktop crowd's throat it's going to get developers onboard to create content for their mobile platforms to compete against apple and Google.

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
38. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 18, 2015, 09:30 Vio

So tired of companies and their BS, why don't they just say hey we wanteth the monies, thats why.

At least then they would be honest crooks.

53. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 14:58 Vio

Eventually you will only be able to install stuff from their windows store, that's their dream after all.

Soon™

48. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 14:29 Vio

Xbox boss Phil Spencer says they are working towards making Windows 10 "the best operating system we've ever created for gamers on PCs,"

So does that mean it's going to have crappy mouse and keyboard controls and your going to be forced to use a controller? Rolleyes

64 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo