Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Manfred Farris

Real Name Manfred Farris   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Towyn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2011, 20:05
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 57161

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
41. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 08:46 Towyn

Quinn wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 08:44:
...Bought the game for 24,- at g2a.com.

Yeah, but that's A) UPlay only (no Steam key) and B) Off a site that also sells humble bundle keys to fuck over indie developers...

I think I'd rather get it on Steam

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
38. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 08:31 Towyn

jimnms wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 03:59:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 20:52:
One thing I haven't seen any confirmation on is if the Steam version requires Uplay. It's not listed in the requirements like it is for other games requiring Uplay.

It will definitely require Uplay regardless of where you buy it. All of Ubisoft's first-party games require Uplay.

If you look at the Steam store page's system requirements on all of those titles it specifically says it requires a Uplay account. The store page for Watch_Dogs does not.

On a note, South Park does not require UPlay either, Ubisoft seems to finally get the hint that Steam + UPlay is not necessary and keeps UPlay off Steam games

News Comments > Sacred 3 This Summer
1. Re: Sacred 3 This Summer Feb 19, 2014, 15:46 Towyn

Deep Silver: "Hey guys, I heard that Sacred 2 is mostly bug free by now, the developer is bankrupt and at least three people managed to finish the game by now despite all the bugs, make a new one!"  

News Comments > Rayman Legends Demo
5. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 23, 2013, 00:58 Towyn

I can only speak for the Steam-Demo, that actually required you to "link" it to your UPlay account as well, which was kinda silly, but really... for that game I don't mind that little launcher by now, the game really feels worth it.  

News Comments > Rayman Legends Demo
2. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 21, 2013, 18:13 Towyn

There is UPlay, but the truth is... that game already looks like so much fun, play the demo, love it. I hate to admit it, and I really hate to, but Ubisoft is starting to be a better company. Sure, they still milk dry franchises, but then they need to make money too... With stuff like old-school-2D-Jump&Run and old-school-turn-based-first-person-RPG-revivals like that... They can keep going.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 04:12 Towyn

LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 00:43:
Lately I've been playing the original 360 version on a friend's console. It's really good. I had no idea it was coming to PC! Awesomeness. I'm guessing this bodes well for Infamous on PC, too?

I don't quite see how you make that connection. Infamous is done and paid for my Sony, Mortal Kombat is Warner Brothers... that's like saying "Ubisoft brought Rayman to PC, that means Animal Crossing is coming too!".

Infamous, like many of the exclusives (most recent example is "The Last Of Us" has been paid for by Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo, and they will not port it to PC, these games are investments into making consoles interesting and draw customers in, often the money they earn is only secondary over getting people to buy consoles... Look at Halo and how many bought an Xbox just for that. So no... Infamous is very very very likely never gonna come to PC.

News Comments > The Secret World Update Tomorrow
3. Re: The Secret World Update Tomorrow Sep 13, 2012, 06:35 Towyn

The secret is that now that they kicked all of Oslo, the lead developer and everybody else but the janitor, this is the last real update! After that they'll rename it to "The World".

The sad thing is... the video looks awesome, the game really interesting... but if one year of TSW costs 215 Euro, and 1 year of GW2 costs 50 Euro... the decision is a clear one.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Support Coming Jun 4, 2012, 17:04 Towyn

deqer wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 16:59:
So, F2P, yet P2W? No, thanks.

Actually, there is no P2W here, as you can't buy overpowering ingame items that give you an unfair advantage, compared to, let's say, Everquest 2 (buying self-rez potions). This is just a demo, level 15 in a game like that is like offering the first three stages of a Jump & Run with 30 levels.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Support Coming Jun 4, 2012, 17:01 Towyn

Dear EA...

this is not F2P, F2P stands for "free to play", that means you play a game without paying. By your understanding, the Mass Effect 3 Demo means the game is F2P, because, you know, you don't pay for playing it!...

Or why not download the new Batman Arkham City F2P version?

Playing up to level 15 without time limitation is called "a demo", as much as having 3 days of "beta" access two weeks before release, when the game is long in manufacturing is not a beta, it's a demo, a trial, at the very most a stresstest...

Does "F2P" and "Beta" really sell so well that they have to tag it on every demo these days?

News Comments > ZeniMax Trademarks Dragonborn
8. Re: ZeniMax Trademarks Dragonborn May 20, 2012, 17:31 Towyn

Spektr wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:30:
Dragonborn is a valid name for an expansion or for a spin-off

Summer of 2012 - Dragonborn Kinect, a free Kinect upgrade that lets you play all of Skyrim with voice and motion controls only, look like the nerd you always wanted to be!

News Comments > World of Mercenaries Announced
1. Re: World of Mercenaries Announced Mar 27, 2012, 21:29 Towyn

I'm glad we finally get a AAA F2P Shooter... I mean, look at those "screenshots", they look breathtaking, I fully believe that's the Unreal Engine...  

News Comments > Dead Island German Ban
17. Re: Dead Island German Ban Nov 30, 2011, 20:52 Towyn

Lobster wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 08:46:
Germany doesn't even allow blood. TF2 is full of robots. How could this POSSIBLY be unexpected?

Germany actually has no problem with blood, games like Rage are released uncensored, some companies (like Valve) decide to censor games to avoid having to check for the age of users. If a game is rated 16+ or lower no one needs to check your age, for 18+ games they do. So to avoid having people send in their ID Valve censored the game...

You can easily buy uncensored games, being 18+, in every good shop, even Gamestop offers EU imports. It is simply easier for the companies to censor and be allowed to sell without proof of age than to do that.

Saints Row: The Third is a good example for the censorship in Germany, and how far the company went to be allowed to sell it as it is... In SR3 only a few minor things were censored. All gore, all weapons and all missions are untouched. But if you harm civilians the cops will get active faster, you can't rob them, have no achievements for killing civilians (furries) and you can't use civilians as human shield, only enemies. While all the blood and story is unharmed.

I am not supporting censorship (and I imported my SR3 from the UK), but it also isn't quite as bad anymore. That is why Dead Island is very... very surprising.

News Comments > Dead Island German Ban
13. Re: Dead Island German Ban Nov 30, 2011, 05:17 Towyn

Germany has two separate lists, the "index" list, also known as "A-List", which contains games like Doom 3, or even (until recently) the recent Rammstein Album. This means that these products are only to be sold to adults, are not allowed to be advertised or seen on shelves. Selling them from "under the counter" is legal. And then there's the B-List (banned). The last games on that list are, for example, Manhunt, Wolfenstein (the remake, for the swastikas) or music albums that contain various extreme subjects, a recent example would be a very graphical description of raping little girls or a call out to stand up for your country and kill foreigners.

The big difference is that the A-List is not illegal to own, though you need to make sure that no minor is allowed to get into contact with it. Where the B-List is actually banned. The items WILL be confiscated and if you sell them you are very much treated on the same level as a drug-dealer. And as such it is quite surprising that Dead Island made it onto the B-List. Everyone who owned it on Steam probably had it confiscated by now, aka simply removed. And that's just plain stupid...

News Comments > RAGE Patched
22. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 16:06 Towyn

gradbot wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 15:02:
Yet another boring game from id and my last pre-order. I knew I should have waited for reviews before purchase, just like I do with most games. I guess I was just excited, for a new id game after how many years?

Oh well, I'm sure Valve will release another cool game sometime soon ...

To me the game felt too much like a dumbed down version of Borderlands... the scenery is prettier, but the story, the world, the weapons, ... just without any kind of character progression, weapon modding, with less weapons, less playtime, ... It just doesn't feel right. The whole time while playing Rage I thought to myself "I'd actually really like to play Borderlands right now". And seeing how they screwd the PC market (and even EA begins to understand how important the PC market is) is just another example... id makes good engines, just not good games anymore... Like their engines evolve, but the games are stuck in the Doom age...

And a Twisted Metal style multiplayer mode? Hello?

Sorry... On console I'm sure it's a good game, but on PC... I'll put it on my list of games I was looking forward to that turned out to stink.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo