Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Erik H. Rabe

Real Name Erik H. Rabe   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zarkonis
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 6, 2011, 18:52
Total Comments 68 (Suspect)
User ID 57153

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
11. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 19:39 Zarkonis

Read as, "thanks for all your 65 hour work weeks trying to make impossible deadlines, now fuck you".  
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures No Longer Being Sold
3. Re: Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures No Longer Being Sold Jan 18, 2014, 11:08 Zarkonis

At least these guys were up front as to why it was getting pulled, unlike some certain other companies.  
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
1. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 4, 2014, 13:05 Zarkonis

Knowing $OE, they'll shove it down our throats, regardless of how many people are voicing their displeasure over their recent actions (myself being one of them). It'll be just another typical Smedley Screw Job.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
3. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 11:35 Zarkonis

This game had such potential to be great, and all it is, is a cash cow so blatant, it'd make $OE and NC$oft jealous. No way in hell I'm touching this game anymore, and coming from a 25 year BT fan, that hurts to say it.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
54. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 28, 2013, 08:31 Zarkonis

Until they bring back City of heroes, NC$oft will never get another second of my time.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 10:06 Zarkonis

Don't get me started about the lame-ass Tuck Rule.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
21. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 00:35 Zarkonis

Two questions...

1. How many of those accounts are controlled by the Chinese Credit bureau?

And two...

Jivaro wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 00:06:
NicklePop wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 23:48:
WoW is one of the best games of all time.

Panda-land is an awesome expansion.

Can't wait for the next expansion.

I am sure someone is going to go after you for that but I wanted to say that I agree. I don't play now, but I started very near launch and raided all the way through BC before leaving due to a severe back injury that effectively ended my PC gaming hobby for a long time. I buy each new expansion, play through it solo, and then put the game back on the shelf. (sorta speak) The back injury just won't let me go back to raiding which is too bad because I have a great guild that made it a lot of fun.

It is my opinion that what makes/made WoW great is that for the majority of people who have played it, they have enjoyed it for a substantial amount of time. It seems like nearly everyone has a "time" where they played and liked the game. For me it was vanilla+BC, for example. Other people thought WotLK was great. For most of those people though, that "time" comes to an end. Something happens, an expansion or their guild breaks up usually, and the game becomes less fun. Maybe it becomes repetitive, maybe they don't like the latest nerfs, maybe they just don't find another guild that was as fun as the previous one. Sometimes real life just gets in the way. The bottom line is that WoW has been immensely entertaining to a huge amount of people. Every game, MMO or not, wears thin after awhile. MMOs evolve to try to battle the weariness but I think it is inevitable for all but the most dedicated of fanpeople that any video game will eventually become boring and repetitive.

WoW wasn't the first and it wasn't the most original, but it's impact on the industry and the gamers definitely makes it one of the best games ever made. At least in my book. We play video games to have fun and WoW was fun. For a while anyway.

How much is ActiBlizz paying you two?

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
23. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 20:23 Zarkonis

ventry wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:46:
belowzeros wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:31:
I have a 560ti and suffered from that blue screen problem that started happening with new drivers about i dunno 3-4 months ago.

anyone know if they solved that prob? seemed like quite a few 5xx users had the prob.

Yep same card and haven't used a new driver since 214.11 because of annoying bluescreens.
Will not be updating until confirmation that this problem is fixed.
The funny thing is it doesn't happen while playing games only on the desktop or surfing the net.

I'm still using an 8600GT, and I've been having the same problems, seemingly at random, but it's become a lot more frequent in the last month.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2013, 12:56 Zarkonis

Good to see that we're not the only idiot government that makes the news.  

News Comments > The Phoenix Project - City of Titans Kickstarter
2. Re: The Phoenix Project - City of Titans Kickstarter Oct 2, 2013, 12:53 Zarkonis

No problem, Blue. I just hope they can pull it off.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Launches
13. Re: MechWarrior Online Launches Sep 18, 2013, 15:18 Zarkonis

As big of a BattleTech fan as I am, I won't touch this one until they put in a social environment, and add in PvE.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
26. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 16:28 Zarkonis

Read as "our scam was discovered, we're closing it down before we lose any more credibility".  

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 100 Titles
16. Re: Steam Greenlights 100 Titles Aug 29, 2013, 09:29 Zarkonis

No Hexxen, and no MechWarrior 2. Damn.  

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
35. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 11:52 Zarkonis

The only "guarantee" you get with EA is that they're going to find every trick in the book to screw you over.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2013, 10:23 Zarkonis

And they wonder why the Terrorist Security Agency needs to be disbanded, once and for all.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2013, 10:41 Zarkonis

Blue, if you remember, Bettman was Stern's right-hand man before he took the NHL job. It's no secret that basketball popularity has dropped badly before the two NHL lockouts, and surged briefly during them. It's called Bettman's still taking his orders from Stern. Why do you think we have hockey in Florida, instead of two cities that deserve it in Quebec and Hartford?  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure
5. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure Apr 17, 2013, 09:01 Zarkonis

Wake me when they actually add in a PvE element, and the ability to socialize outside of the 'Mech. You know, stuff that over half their player base has wanted since before this game entered alpha-1 testing?  

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
23. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 15:27 Zarkonis

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 15:08:
Well if it wasn't for the exorbitant fees charged by LA, SWG would still be in existence and of course we can thank them for the destruction of such with the release of the nge version.

Good riddance!
Amen to that. *unfurls the Tempest banner*

News Comments > Festivus Safety Dance
9. Re: Festivus Safety Dance Dec 24, 2012, 12:52 Zarkonis

The only thing "pathetic and unacceptable" is this dimwit senator from Coruscant... errr, California... thinking he knows what's best for people, when in reality, he couldn't string two sentences together without a legal team and a damn good speechwriter.  

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Gamasutra Dec 16, 2012, 05:05 Zarkonis

Having read the Gamasutra article, I'm reminded of why I never read anything they print. To them, nothing is ever going to be as good as World of Warcrap. So therefore, they'll incessantly whine and nitpick everything to death.  

68 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo