Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warp Crow

Real Name Warp Crow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarpCrow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 6, 2011, 16:16
Total Comments 143 (Novice)
User ID 57152

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstart Complete
6. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstart Complete Apr 29, 2012, 15:06 WarpCrow

In my dreams, this game will be a huge commercial success and inspire a publisher like Bethesda to invest in a big budget open world RPG. Complete freedom of character development, combined with a party system, set in the Shadowrun universe with two or three diverse cities/regions to explore, a deep, fleshed out Matrix and Astral Plane...

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2012, 15:11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC MW3 to Get DLC!
19. Re: PC MW3 to Get DLC! Apr 28, 2012, 22:45 WarpCrow

Panickd wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 22:24:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 22:15:
Maybe some day MW3 will have an actual server instead of console crap peer to peer.

Never happen.

I thought MW3 had dedicated servers on PC. They were just unranked or some such.

The whole CoD series has turned craptacular for me since MW2. I really couldn't care less what they do with the series now. The original MW was pretty much the peak for me. If Activision thinks MW3 is worth $60, let alone paying for DLC, they're high.

MW3 does have dedicated servers on PC, but that's as far as they went. You still can't have more than 18 players in a match and as tiny as all of the maps are, you couldn't have much more anyway without it becoming a mindless spamfest. Last one I bought was CoD4, and I'm glad I stuck with my decision to abandon the series too.

News Comments > PC MW3 to Get DLC!
16. Re: PC MW3 to Get DLC! Apr 28, 2012, 21:34 WarpCrow

everyone wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 16:57:
Drezden wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 16:45:
I downloaded it on Steam for the free weekend.
2 hours later deleted it.

Fast paced, kill streaking kiddy bullshit. What a waste of time and hard drive space that game is. Should be ashamed if you actually pay for it, even at the discounted price.
Nothing particularly fast about it, but I agree with the rest.
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 13:51:
This is why I own BF3 and not MW.
Huh. I thought they were the same game...

BF3 may not quite live up to the standard of BF2, but it's several orders of magnitude above MW3. There is just no comparison, especially if you play it on PC.

News Comments > Morning Previews
15. Re: guildwars 2 Apr 28, 2012, 20:42 WarpCrow

Teddy wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 17:06:
WarpCrow wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 14:00:
I have no idea if the fun will last long enough to inspire long-term subscriptions.

What subscriptions?

Sorry, brain fart. Naturally this isn't a game with subs, but it should still capture interest long-term. I played EQ2 for four years starting in 2007 before too much SOE happened to it and I quit. Will I be playing GW2 four years later? I don't know, one weekend is not enough to say.

News Comments > Morning Previews
13. Re: guildwars 2 Apr 28, 2012, 14:00 WarpCrow

space captain wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 18:22:
it looks like more of the same, essentially

walk up, click on enemy, press hotkeys, etc.

collect rats, fetch keys, craft loot

man those mmo games are dull

bring on planetside 2

Meh, Planetside 2 will just be more of the same dull FPS gameplay. Mouse over enemy, click until they're dead, capture territory, repeat ad nauseam. Wait, what do you mean I'm oversimplifying it?

Beta is great so far. It feels similar to what TOR tried to do with personal storylines, but it does it better. Voice acting isn't as good, though, and I have no idea if the fun will last long enough to inspire long-term subscriptions.

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
48. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 15:26 WarpCrow

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 14:58:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 14:52:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 14:47:
A tank is a tank is a tank. GamesWorkshop is run by a bunch of idiots to start with.

Secondly the designs are not even close to similar. Someone has gotten a bit too high.

I feel the second tank is the one that should really be in Blue's original post, as it's horrifically damning.

Link from rockpapershotgun
Sorry but I have to disagree with you, it looks like any tank and they are NOT similar, they have significant differences.

I'm sorry, but you are objectively wrong. Find any other tank in the world, fictional or not, that looks like the spiky steamroller tank. Even the first one is virtually unmistakable.

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
38. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 14:40 WarpCrow

SXO wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 13:56:
I enjoy harping on EA as much as anybody, but even I can't put the blame for this on them. More than likely this was some relatively new art dev working for the studio that's making the game who's just not imaginative enough to come up with some original designs.

You can't just let huge companies get away with the 'plausible deniability' defense. If you're too big to notice the illegal actions of your smaller branches then you need to either fix that or you need to be made smaller. Far too much abuse is possible otherwise.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions
5. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 11:15 WarpCrow

Well, if the 'whining' helps sales, and appeasing them causes more whining, then it's a win-win situation, right? He acts like Bioware was the first to change something after fan outcry. Remember Bethesda changing the nonsensical, unavoidable death of the player at the end of Fallout 3? Didn't seem to do them any harm in the long run, and I'm sure there are more examples...  

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
3. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 5, 2012, 20:47 WarpCrow

Anyone who hasn't played Fallout should definitely give it a try. I recommend using something like the FIXT modpack that includes support for higher/widescreen resolutions and fixes some annoying graphical glitches on modern hardware, along with other assorted tweaks and bugfixes.  

News Comments > GameStop & Stardock Retail/Digital Deal
6. Re: GameStop & Stardock Retail/Digital Deal Apr 4, 2012, 23:38 WarpCrow

bigspender wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 23:04:
ummm...

so if i've already gone to the store to get a game, why would I want to walk out of the store with a coupon - when I could just grab the DVD while i'm already there?

duuuuuuuuurrrrrrr

the whole point of digital download is so you don't need to go to a store..

There are still people who don't have credit cards and can't be arsed/don't know how to get a prepaid one. Also, casual buyers who don't keep up with game news or upcoming Steam releases but occasionally walk into game stores that they might not otherwise catch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2012, 14:03 WarpCrow

Progress is not the problem, the problem is humanity's impatient, irrational, and greedy nature. Nuclear power, properly managed, could be our best bet for now, but the private sector and clueless politicians have proven over and over again that they can't be trusted to implement it safely and efficiently. Genetic modification could solve so many problems, but companies like Monsanto can't be trusted to regulate themselves and the irrational public can't wrap their tiny minds around the concept enough to stop fearing it.

If there is any evidence to be had of some higher consciousness watching over things, it's in the fact that humanity somehow always manages to trudge forward despite being as inept and clumsy as we are. We -are- improving as a species, the question is whether our growing wisdom will catch up with our growing power before we destroy ourselves.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Plans
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 17:00 WarpCrow

Dades wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 16:52:
WarpCrow wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 16:48:
I was disappointed that BF3 didn't have mod tools, but it's still a decent game. I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the PC Master Race, but the problem with so many PC gamers is that in order to satisfy them you need to fulfill every single element of a three page checklist

Most of the things people ask for are standardized in some form on other platforms or don't have an equivalent. Maybe you should go play some bad ports to understand why people want them. Is BF3 a decent game? Yes. Would it be enhanced with mod tools? Unquestionably. Are people unreasonable in asking for them? No, the previous games had them.

I was there during the transition from Modern Warfare 1 to Modern Warfare 2, and I boycotted MW2 as a result of the game's complete and utter transformation into a console-focused title. Unlike some, I stuck with it and CoD4 is still the last one I ever played. I understand the frustration. I just don't think it's gone far enough with BF3 to warrant the attitude I've seen from some people. That's not to say you can't have your own point of view, but I see people calling anyone who dares to enjoy the game a moron or a console kiddie for not sharing their level of ideological purity.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Plans
14. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 16:48 WarpCrow

I was disappointed that BF3 didn't have mod tools, but it's still a decent game. I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the PC Master Race, but the problem with so many PC gamers is that in order to satisfy them you need to fulfill every single element of a three page checklist and then price your game at half the price of its competitors or you apparently have a 'shitty game', and anyone who plays it is a moron. If I was a dev, I'd be tempted to disregard that snobbish, self-centered segment of the market too.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Mar 23, 2012, 21:58 WarpCrow

Thought this warranted another post. According to this IRC dev chat there will be dedicated servers on PC. Still, 4x4 matches being the max (if that's true; I'm still going through the log) is pretty meh.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Mar 23, 2012, 21:20 WarpCrow

ASeven wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 20:55:
is it me or Nexuiz won't come with dedi servers? If so then that's a dead game even before it goes to sale.

WTF? I took that sort of thing as a given and I was thinking about preordering it soon, but you may be right. Steam even seems to imply that the max players per match will be 8. If this is how it is then I don't have to give it a second thought. I expected a lot more from a project that started out as a freeware open source indie title.

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors
4. Re: Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors Mar 23, 2012, 21:14 WarpCrow

This was one of the most interesting and compelling trailers of (I believe it was) the last E3, and Skyrim has done well enough that I don't see them having to scale back projects...  

News Comments > ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act
9. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 17:12 WarpCrow

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:43:
Congress is basically pulling a Bioware (or is Bioware pulling a Congress?)

Keep saying / doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until finally the detractors get tired of fighting it and go away.

Sadly, Congress is doing it with my fucking tax money.

Creston

Nah, SOPA/PIPA and related measures are examples of what you're talking about, and it's not a new tactic. This is just 'for the children' pandering. I doubt whether the politicians involved actually care if it passes, they just want to be seen supporting it so it looks like they're trying to protect kids from eeeevil video game influence.

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming?
21. Re: Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming? Mar 21, 2012, 16:01 WarpCrow

As someone who can't get into console gaming at all, not because of elitism but because I need the multitasking ability of a PC, YES! Now if someone would get Rockstar to port Red Dead Redemption (and then spend two more years making it playable) I'd be content.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Mar 21, 2012, 12:14 WarpCrow

Just long enough to see most of what is positive about the game, but not long enough to experience most of the negatives. I wish this game had lived up to its hype and potential.  

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
15. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 12:11 WarpCrow

I'm still looking forward to it, but I have to say it's sad news in a way. ANYTHING can be had with RMT? You know, if I spend time and effort to obtain something and then someone runs by who did nothing but open their RL wallet to get it, that severely cheapens what I did. That's fine in a single player game, but this is different. It's not a dealbreaker, but I'd pay a sub to avoid that kind of environment.  

143 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo