Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 892 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month
5. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 21:57 deqer

We already have a superhero mmo. It's called DCUO (DC Universe Online)

Did we really ask for another one? No.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 7, 2012, 11:08 deqer

InBlack wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:39:
Im guessing that he looks even worse without it. Love or hate the guy, but dont judge him by his looks thats beyond low.
Nah.

He should shave it so that he would look like every other normal person out there. Would look like a young, clean cut, normal fellow.

When people see a beard like that, they don't think "he's doin' it for style"; they think "he's doin' it because he's too lazy to shave it"

So, you see? People can judge others by their appearance. I can judge by his beard that he's a lazy person; and we all hate lazy people. There's nothing good about being lazy.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 7, 2012, 10:32 deqer

lol, the guy looks like a total loser. needs to shave that stupid thing he's trying to grow on his chin. jeez, that beard is big; what are you trying to do, make a statement with that thing? lol...

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
12. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 14:39 deqer

blue, we need more news. look at all those shitty topics you posted today. everyone is itchin' for INTERESTING news, and they're scratchin' this thread--which is a decent thread btw, yes.  

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
14. Re: I'm out Sep 5, 2012, 12:14 deqer

NoyzRulz wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 12:06:
I will comment on the off chance the developers read this. I came up on gaming with the Doom and Quake games. Without PC support I won't buy it at all. It just does not seem right to not be able to play the classics as we used to while everything else is supported.
Although we have engines, I agree that ID should've put in at least some stock multiplayer feature, just like we had in the old days. I think many people would use this stock multiplayer, because then they don't need to mess with custom engines, custom match maker tools, and such. Some people may not even care about any of the extra features the custom engines have to offer anyways. People just like to click Connect and start playing online, with their stock installation of Doom. In 2012.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
9. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer Sep 5, 2012, 11:35 deqer

007Bistromath wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 10:58:
Seems like an entirely reasonable decision to me. That engine's been open source for years. Carmack knows anybody who actually wants that already has zDoom or somesuch other thing that has more features than he'd be interested in putting in an official product.
^

News Comments > New Steam Community Launches
4. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 4, 2012, 16:49 deqer

Part of the reason why I supported Steam when it first came out was because it was fast; it was solid+simple, thus fast.

Why did they feel the need to change this? Why was it necessary?

Getting tired of "change" that's pointless.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural Sep 4, 2012, 12:27 deqer

Alamar wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 10:49:
Honestly, Blue, this is why I come here...

Not the Sims; the comments/puns/etc ; )

-Alamar

I come here because of Quake I, since Quake I.

News Comments > The International 2012 Begins
1. Re: The International 2012 Begins Sep 1, 2012, 11:28 deqer

What a poorly chosen name. "The International"

The international what? International Everything? Who are you to make such a claim by using such name.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
48. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 15:26 deqer

To all the D3 people,

Why would you sink your time into something you don't own, when you could rather sink your time into something you do own such as TL2; and own it forever, and mod it, and do anything you want with it for as long as you want.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
47. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 15:17 deqer

Optional nickname wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 14:38:
LgFriess wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 13:39:
D3 might have been the best thing that happened to T2's sales.

The sad truth, is that, as soon as we are done with this epic $20 value production of a Diablo clone, we will all jump back into Diablo3, and continue to generate 9 cents per mouseclick over to Blizzard headquarters. I give it 25 days, tops.
Not sure if you aware of Runic's history, but it's impossible for TL2 to have a short lifespan.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Maxis on PC Gaming
20. Re: Quoteworthy - Maxis on PC Gaming Aug 30, 2012, 09:28 deqer

Please take your market analysis and kindly shove it up your ass, EA.

You sound so pathetic, I hate listening to you talk.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 10:01 deqer

No.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
36. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 26, 2012, 08:21 deqer

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 23:48:
I tried to get into Torchlight, but it just felt too "cartoony" for me.
There's already a mod that can change that.

Yes, in TL2, you can do modding. Runic will provide the tools with the release of the game.

See this question from user, and response from the developer.

adanperin wrote:
drepanaspis wrote:
I was wondering how far we can go with the modding, so I have a few questions:

1. Can we change the textures in a dark and gritty way to replace the cartoony style into a more gothic style?
2. Is it possible to build new overworld areas and connect them to the already existing ones?
3. Can an experienced modder go wild and build things like an act 5, or a storyline himself?
4. Can we build various aspects of pvp based games in TL2 like team deathmatch, or capture the flag?
5. Can we alter stuff in such a way that we can make act 1 the desert act if we want?

Thatīs all of them, Iīd be happy if someone could answer them

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. You can definitely do things like make new skills for PVP and even possibly find a way to do some sort of collection/flag capture thing (not going to be easy to accomplish), but taking PVP mechanics too far is going to be a bit rougher as they pretty basic at the moment so there isn't too much to build on. That being said there is always a chance they will get more robust post launch or some really really clever modded will find some way.
5. Yes

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
14. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:34 deqer

TL2 is different than TL1. It is much much better. Just ask the Veterans of TL1 that played the Beta of TL2.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 09:41 deqer

after several years, flash still has critical holes in it? ...

jeez, Adobe sucks balls.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
13. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:46 deqer

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:33:
I'm not surprised with your response, because you're another victim as well just like this guy. You've spoken already about how you're revisiting/playing after these updates. So, I'm not surprised. And yes, by continuing to play, he is supporting the company.

Your inappropriate and misapplied use of the word victim aside, if he is having a good time and enjoying himself then there is no problem. It's his money, it's already spent which invalidates your entire argument and quite frankly it's none of your business. You aren't some special snowflake who gets to tell people what to play and how to spend their money. People like different things, grow up.

If you were in any way remotely objective or reasonable, you'd understand that Blizzard deserves criticism for their mistakes but they also deserve praise when they get something right.

Well, that's why I said he's pushing himself to continue playing it. He's telling himself to enjoy it because he spent $60 on it.

Blah, whatever.

Have fun being owned by blizzard and playing your single-player game online only, and only when Blizzard says so. Forever.

8. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:19 deqer

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:15:
deqer wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:05:
Why you supporting the game? You feel you owe to yourself to push on and keep playing because you spent $60?

Just eat the $60 and move on, dude.

Don't support these companies and their development practice of rushing products and patching later.

Just stop playing.

Uh, its his money, not yours there little fella. It's already spent anyway, he isn't "supporting" anything by just playing the game and having fun. It's a patch of largely positive changes that are moving things in the right direction, you can't put a negative spin on that just because you have a hard on for Blizzard.
I'm not surprised with your response, because you're another victim as well just like this guy. You've spoken already about how you're revisiting/playing after these updates. So, I'm not surprised.

And yes, by continuing to play, he is supporting the company. By having less people play, the game eventually dies and the company eventually learns. So far, I see they've learned nothing. No proof whatsoever that they've learned anything. They just feed you a couple of cookies, and you're already back on board playing it again? lulz.

Companies taking advantage of whats known as "Patching", is what's happening here. You're supporting that. You should not.

Back in the day, a patch was really a patch. It was rare, and it only fixed critical bugs. Back in the day, a game was not rushed out the door. It was tested.

6. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 14:05 deqer

gilly775 wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:37:
Julio wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 13:34:
Here's an omission they can add....the game is still missing fun.

Sucks to be you. With the added changes, it's better than it was before. Not perfect, but it's moving in the right direction.
Why you supporting the game? You feel you owe to yourself to push on and keep playing because you spent $60?

Just eat the $60 and move on, dude.

Don't support these companies and their development practice of rushing products and patching later.

Just stop playing.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
6. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 20:58 deqer

Dades wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 20:56:
but I don't doubt he had pressure from higher up after the public spectacle it became.
^

892 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo