Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
17. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 23:40 deqer

landscapes are regarded as puzzles where figuring out how to suit your construction to the terrain is part of the challenge.
So easy to come up with fluffy excuses like this to justify their greedy decisions to remove terraforming. "it's a puzzle, and you should accept it as a challenge." lulz

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer
1. Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer Oct 11, 2012, 22:23 deqer

Let me guess. 2012; your game is always online DRM, right? Okay. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll just go back to the old NFS: Most Wanted game and play that on my own multiplayer server. Thanks.

12. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 22:15 deqer

I also don't need my privacy invaded by having my playtime tracked, or being tracked when i play my games. Yes, folks, I'm giving up on steam. I'm now pirating all the games I own on steam, and pirating in the future. If games in the future start coming out with no option to run our own multiplayer server. Fine. I just wont play your new games then. I'll remain retro and play the older games. Sorry, you're not going to win me on your greedy DRM business model.

Edit: Oh, and btw, SimCity 1 is the best simcity ever. I still play it on SNES. and some cool tricks you can do with buildings, customizing them to be any shape you want by destroying parts of them and building small 1x1 blocks, etc.

11. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 22:05 deqer

gradbot wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:02:
I suppose the same people have also boycotted steam?
I've been on steam since 2004, and I've recently started to boycot it. I've begun to advocate piracy again. Sorry, but I like to feel like I own my games 100%. I don't need to jump through hoops to play offline--because there really is no need for that, yet I'm forced to. I also don't need to be locked by an EULA that if I suddenly disagree with then I lose all my games. Ya, fuck you Valve. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd say "fuck you" to you guys, but there you go.

10. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 22:03 deqer

ASeven wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 20:33:
So, no modtools, always online, a lot of multiplayer content, tons of DLC, no terraforming, limited 2km x 2km size for cities.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I watch the video. They're all like "lots of cool stuff", "lots of cool experience", "lots of cool stuff", and they repeat that over and over, trying real hard to get you to buy their DRM always online product. Those fuckers.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details Near
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:42 deqer

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:34:
deqer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:31:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:17:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

Maybe he just likes GTA games and wants to spend his money that you do not earn for him.

That kind of attitude and consistent shitty posting tends to get people banned or drubbed by community BTW.
and maybe I care that he likes GTA, which is why I said what I said.

How else would I say it? Should I be all nice about and get rejected anyways? If I'm going to get rejected regardless, then I might as well be hostile about it. It's more effective that way.

Look at his post, and look at everyone elses. He doesn't even question the possibility that it will be shit, even though there is proof that games have been being released like that lately, and he should be warned.

How do you think fans felt when they purchased Quake 4? Yup. They all went back to Quake 3.

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:31 deqer

JayDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:17:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:29 deqer

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:18:
Judging by the shoddy ports GTA4 & La Noire received and the utterly bizarre lack of RDR I don't put much faith in the PC version. You never know though, the PC has gained some momentum as a platform lately and maybe Rockstar is paying attention.
I believe it's nothing to do with PC platform level of technology. It's about money. Every company is going to be selfish and greedy enough to say "no, don't do it properly; just port it quickly."

Selfish companies taking shortcuts and coming out with entire new line of product/service by having the same product now available on another platform. Sounds big, right? Sounds like a lot of extra money, right? So, you would think companies would invest in doing it properly, but nooooo, they take the shortcut "just port it quickly." and still make their money too. Those fuckers.

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 14:53 deqer

Tumbler wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 14:50:
hard to get excited about another one.
hard to get excited about another one after playing Vice City. Vice City has the best mechanics, story, characters, voice actors, and radio music. they'll never be able to license those radio tunes again; and those are the best tunes.

News Comments > No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace
32. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 14:41 deqer

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 14:36:
Actually, directly? Yes, it does. There might be more pollution being spewed by cars and factories, but I'm never getting hit directly in the face by the source
Doesn't need to hit you in the face for it to be a serious issue. It's hitting you already, for the entire time you're outside; you just don't feel it. Why else do you think we only live till 100?

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 14:36 deqer

Rockstar needs more revenue? Cool.

Maybe I'll just wait until you guys are done the series and just buy the last one. Can I assume your series ends at 10? Okay. I'll just wait for GTA X then.

Thanks.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week
29. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 12:52 deqer

McSterls wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 12:36:
I love Borderlands 2, but to hell with this. Games been out three weeks and we have DLC coming out already, should have been included as part of the base game. Money grubbing bastards.
^

McSterls wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 12:36:
I'll come back next year when this is on sale for 2 bucka and buy it.
Don't bother. At this rate, the community will probably be dead by then. Almost no different than how BF2142 suddenly died ... Companies don't care, and move on because they need to continue filling their wallets.

I understand companies need to stay in business, and keep revenue flowing; but that's not our problem. But, companies make it our problem by forcing this stuff on us and most of us eat it because we think we should.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week
26. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 12:28 deqer

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:34:
nin wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:32:
I'm going straight from BL2 to Dishonored. XCOM sounds good, but at this point, it'll have to wait.

Too many good games to play not enough time in a day
Same problem many people seem to be having lately
That's why I uninstalled all 130 games from my Steam library, including TF2, L4D2, Killing Floor--all favourites of mine. But I was playing them too much. I uninstalled everything, and now only focus on TL2 and SC:FA, and after I'm done with those I'll go back to retro games like Doom, and Quake--continue making maps for them, etc. yes, these communities are still alive.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2012, 12:35.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 deqer

So, if I spend my time and money on video recording something using my equipment, I cannot charge for my troubles because Microsoft said so? Okay.

News Comments > A Game of Dwarves Preorders Include DLC
1. Re: A Game of Dwarves Preorders Include DLC Oct 10, 2012, 11:00 deqer

Hello!

Please take your DLC business model, and kindly shove it up your ass.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 9, 2012, 21:22 deqer

damnit, why you guys supporting the nickle n diming of DLcs that they're ALREADY doing after game was JUST released. woah, wait a sec. you pre-ordered DLC for the entire season? ... /falloutofchair

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned
7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 22:10 deqer

Are you sure embarassing battlefield with a comedy tv show is the right thing to do?

News Comments > WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed
5. Re: WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed Oct 8, 2012, 12:19 deqer

Exploit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_vCFKuXrQo  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Stretch Goals
12. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 6, 2012, 19:30 deqer

why do you have to hurt my feelings, nin.  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Stretch Goals
2. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 6, 2012, 14:54 deqer

I dunno guys, do we want to play a game called "Eternity" ? err, I mean "Project Eternity" ? I don't. What a cheesy title. I don't even feel like clicking the website link to see.

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo