Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition Oct 17, 2012, 01:11 deqer

Thx for the free trailer, Beth. I enjoyed it, and the music.

You can take your rehashed product--with it's new file format and no modding capabilities--and kindly shove it up your ***. Good day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
90. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:21 deqer

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 20:56:
Someone just donated $10K! $3.972 with 3 mnts to go!
That must have been the German guy. On twitch.tv stream, there was a guy that said "Hi Obsidian. I'm from Germany and have 10k in my pocket to give. Where is donate link?"

No one answered him, lol. But I guess he found the link.

48. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:22 deqer

So, you only like to back half-ass projects that are barely making it through. Interesting.  

34. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 18:04 deqer

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:58:
deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012,:
By being a backer, you're delivering that same message of support to the industry. I don't understand your logic. But, whatever. To each their own. lulz.

My logic is that I don't have an infinite supply of money to throw around at the time-sensitive kickstarters so I have to pick and choose which ones seem like they need the most help. Once a game is greenlit there's every likelihood that it will be released one day and I can buy it at my leisure.

Ya ya, w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r... Carry on.

30. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:50 deqer

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:42:
deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:35:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:32:
I find I am less likely to donate money to a kickstarter when it takes off as fast as this one did. I tend to help the slower-moving ones that I would still want to see released. I had intended to donate to this but by the time I got around to it they were well on the way to surpassing their second stretch goal, so I didn't. They clearly didn't need it.

I will definitely be buying this on release though.
Yes, but if you back it for $25, then you get the game for $25, rather $60 in a store.

More likely $40 or $50. Which I would have no problem paying. I don't mind paying full price in order to tell the industry that these are the types of games I want to play.
By being a backer, you're delivering that same message of support to the industry. I don't understand your logic. But, whatever. To each their own. lulz.

26. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:35 deqer

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:32:
I find I am less likely to donate money to a kickstarter when it takes off as fast as this one did. I tend to help the slower-moving ones that I would still want to see released. I had intended to donate to this but by the time I got around to it they were well on the way to surpassing their second stretch goal, so I didn't. They clearly didn't need it.

I will definitely be buying this on release though.
Yes, but if you back it for $25, then you get the game for $25, rather $60 in a store.

20. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:20 deqer

Okay okay, I backed this project for $25. It's my first back. Just signed up to do it. Why? Because 1) that picture, 2) frequent updates to their kickstarter, 3) their past history of games, 4) GOG (DRM-free) option, and 5) because of all the hype.  

14. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:08 deqer

I started out dissing this project because of it's title, but now I'm more excited than ever about this project, and I'm not even a backer nor interested. Wait, does that make sense?

That art picture of the dungeon levels is so epic. I loved that picture even before I knew it was able to grow depending on the budget. Now I love watching it grow.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

- deqer
"Don't put me on your ignore list, bro."

7. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:51 deqer

I'm on twitch watchin them right now. They are answering people's questions.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
7. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 18:32 deqer

RyGiL wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 18:24:
deqer wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 18:04:
Postal 2 was released a long time ago. Why would I click something that says "Postal 2 complete"

At the least, shouldn't it say "Postal 3" ?

Postal 2 Complete is a compilation containing Postal 2: Share The Pain and its expansion Apocalypse Weekend which can be bought from GOG.com. This green light campaign, from the page on Steam, is about adding the game to Steam (steam achievements, steam workshop, etc.). I guess the name shows up like that in order to indicate is not just the base game being added to Steam... it is the entire compilation.

I see, that makes sense.

In that case, they should've called it "Postal 2: Platinum Collection" or something.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
5. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 18:04 deqer

Postal 2 was released a long time ago. Why would I click something that says "Postal 2 complete"

At the least, shouldn't it say "Postal 3" ?

News Comments > Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans
3. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 15, 2012, 17:26 deqer

scroll down half way: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity (9 levels deep now)  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 15, 2012, 16:17 deqer

Why would you even consider to stop providing windows 7 for you to announce that you aren't stopping. It shouldn't even be a thought that crosses your mind.

Yes yes, I know why, and that's a poor reason that only benefits you(and MS) and not the consumer.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2012, 16:53 deqer

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 16:47:
Am I wrong?

Reading is fun.

That's why I said I can't bother. DRM trend is in full force these days. I've gone back to piracy and retro gaming now. So many old games I didn't play yet, and I have strategy(put yourself in 1990s mindset for 15min before playing 1990 game) to make nostalgia last long for games I have played before. So, no loss for me. I'm quite happy know that I'm not supporting DRM.

e.g. Even though I own Half-life on Steam, I'm no longer going to play that version. I'm going to install the original version from CD, and play that, and do LAN parties.

I have no problem supporting devs, but not when DRM is involved. Besides, devs don't care about me; they only care about keeping their jobs; so, they do whatever the Boss says. So, that's not my problem. That's their problem.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 16:59.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2012, 16:35 deqer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 14:55:
I have all of these games, but AMAZON is doing a nice bundle for 10.00.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PNLAAW
8 Game Downloads in This Bundle
1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition [Download]
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC [Download]
3. Hitman: Blood Money [Online Game Code]
4. Just Cause 2 [Download]
5. Just Cause [Online Game Code]
6. Quantum Conundrum [Download]
7. Supreme Commander 2 [Download]
8. The Last Remnant [Online Game Code]

This is a great tip. But, I just can't bother to check out games online anymore, because of the trend of DRM; I can easily assume that these games are laced with some kind of DRM; I bet you anything.

Am I wrong?

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
29. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 19:21 deqer

Sorry, $20 isn't worth my time to fill out your survey. Especially when I know that $20 for you is really only pennies.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer
9. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 13, 2012, 17:11 deqer

they could potentially revisit this as a separate project after the game ships
aaaaannd that means no.

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans
3. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 12, 2012, 21:50 deqer

Jeez. I'm not in yet, but that picture of the "Mega Dungeon Progress - The Endless Paths" is so epic now. It was epic before, and now even mor epic, added 2 more floors, now with that huge head there. so cool. makes you wonder what that head is from; a huge statue? that's pretty deep. will be cool to see how far down they go.

its also giving me a nostalgia prince of persia 1 feeling, with the grid-like dungeons.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
18. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 16:49 deqer

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 16:08:
I will said one thing, I don't miss Krowen telling everyone how great D3 is going to be and how great blizzard is.
Yeah, people need to start accepting the fact that Blizzard just isn't the same as it used to be anymore. Now that they are all big and king kong with tons of shares and partners; they're getting ahead of themselves now with their big ego and it's taking a toll for the worst.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 17:01.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
12. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 13:11 deqer

descender wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 12:23:
Sorry the people who still play were too busy to care that you are still crying about it.
^ this guy is still playing D3.

To answer Beaver's question.

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo