Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 915 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
7. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 18:32 deqer

RyGiL wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 18:24:
deqer wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 18:04:
Postal 2 was released a long time ago. Why would I click something that says "Postal 2 complete"

At the least, shouldn't it say "Postal 3" ?

Postal 2 Complete is a compilation containing Postal 2: Share The Pain and its expansion Apocalypse Weekend which can be bought from GOG.com. This green light campaign, from the page on Steam, is about adding the game to Steam (steam achievements, steam workshop, etc.). I guess the name shows up like that in order to indicate is not just the base game being added to Steam... it is the entire compilation.

I see, that makes sense.

In that case, they should've called it "Postal 2: Platinum Collection" or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
5. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 18:04 deqer

Postal 2 was released a long time ago. Why would I click something that says "Postal 2 complete"

At the least, shouldn't it say "Postal 3" ?

News Comments > Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans
3. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 15, 2012, 17:26 deqer

scroll down half way: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity (9 levels deep now)  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 15, 2012, 16:17 deqer

Why would you even consider to stop providing windows 7 for you to announce that you aren't stopping. It shouldn't even be a thought that crosses your mind.

Yes yes, I know why, and that's a poor reason that only benefits you(and MS) and not the consumer.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2012, 16:53 deqer

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 16:47:
Am I wrong?

Reading is fun.

That's why I said I can't bother. DRM trend is in full force these days. I've gone back to piracy and retro gaming now. So many old games I didn't play yet, and I have strategy(put yourself in 1990s mindset for 15min before playing 1990 game) to make nostalgia last long for games I have played before. So, no loss for me. I'm quite happy know that I'm not supporting DRM.

e.g. Even though I own Half-life on Steam, I'm no longer going to play that version. I'm going to install the original version from CD, and play that, and do LAN parties.

I have no problem supporting devs, but not when DRM is involved. Besides, devs don't care about me; they only care about keeping their jobs; so, they do whatever the Boss says. So, that's not my problem. That's their problem.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 16:59.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2012, 16:35 deqer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 14:55:
I have all of these games, but AMAZON is doing a nice bundle for 10.00.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PNLAAW
8 Game Downloads in This Bundle
1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition [Download]
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC [Download]
3. Hitman: Blood Money [Online Game Code]
4. Just Cause 2 [Download]
5. Just Cause [Online Game Code]
6. Quantum Conundrum [Download]
7. Supreme Commander 2 [Download]
8. The Last Remnant [Online Game Code]

This is a great tip. But, I just can't bother to check out games online anymore, because of the trend of DRM; I can easily assume that these games are laced with some kind of DRM; I bet you anything.

Am I wrong?

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
29. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 19:21 deqer

Sorry, $20 isn't worth my time to fill out your survey. Especially when I know that $20 for you is really only pennies.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer
9. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 13, 2012, 17:11 deqer

they could potentially revisit this as a separate project after the game ships
aaaaannd that means no.

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans
3. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 12, 2012, 21:50 deqer

Jeez. I'm not in yet, but that picture of the "Mega Dungeon Progress - The Endless Paths" is so epic now. It was epic before, and now even mor epic, added 2 more floors, now with that huge head there. so cool. makes you wonder what that head is from; a huge statue? that's pretty deep. will be cool to see how far down they go.

its also giving me a nostalgia prince of persia 1 feeling, with the grid-like dungeons.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
18. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 16:49 deqer

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 16:08:
I will said one thing, I don't miss Krowen telling everyone how great D3 is going to be and how great blizzard is.
Yeah, people need to start accepting the fact that Blizzard just isn't the same as it used to be anymore. Now that they are all big and king kong with tons of shares and partners; they're getting ahead of themselves now with their big ego and it's taking a toll for the worst.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 17:01.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
12. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 13:11 deqer

descender wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 12:23:
Sorry the people who still play were too busy to care that you are still crying about it.
^ this guy is still playing D3.

To answer Beaver's question.

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
17. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 23:40 deqer

landscapes are regarded as puzzles where figuring out how to suit your construction to the terrain is part of the challenge.
So easy to come up with fluffy excuses like this to justify their greedy decisions to remove terraforming. "it's a puzzle, and you should accept it as a challenge." lulz

News Comments > Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer
1. Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer Oct 11, 2012, 22:23 deqer

Let me guess. 2012; your game is always online DRM, right? Okay. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll just go back to the old NFS: Most Wanted game and play that on my own multiplayer server. Thanks.

12. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 22:15 deqer

I also don't need my privacy invaded by having my playtime tracked, or being tracked when i play my games. Yes, folks, I'm giving up on steam. I'm now pirating all the games I own on steam, and pirating in the future. If games in the future start coming out with no option to run our own multiplayer server. Fine. I just wont play your new games then. I'll remain retro and play the older games. Sorry, you're not going to win me on your greedy DRM business model.

Edit: Oh, and btw, SimCity 1 is the best simcity ever. I still play it on SNES. and some cool tricks you can do with buildings, customizing them to be any shape you want by destroying parts of them and building small 1x1 blocks, etc.

11. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 22:05 deqer

gradbot wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:02:
I suppose the same people have also boycotted steam?
I've been on steam since 2004, and I've recently started to boycot it. I've begun to advocate piracy again. Sorry, but I like to feel like I own my games 100%. I don't need to jump through hoops to play offline--because there really is no need for that, yet I'm forced to. I also don't need to be locked by an EULA that if I suddenly disagree with then I lose all my games. Ya, fuck you Valve. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd say "fuck you" to you guys, but there you go.

10. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 22:03 deqer

ASeven wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 20:33:
So, no modtools, always online, a lot of multiplayer content, tons of DLC, no terraforming, limited 2km x 2km size for cities.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I watch the video. They're all like "lots of cool stuff", "lots of cool experience", "lots of cool stuff", and they repeat that over and over, trying real hard to get you to buy their DRM always online product. Those fuckers.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details Near
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:42 deqer

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:34:
deqer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:31:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:17:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

Maybe he just likes GTA games and wants to spend his money that you do not earn for him.

That kind of attitude and consistent shitty posting tends to get people banned or drubbed by community BTW.
and maybe I care that he likes GTA, which is why I said what I said.

How else would I say it? Should I be all nice about and get rejected anyways? If I'm going to get rejected regardless, then I might as well be hostile about it. It's more effective that way.

Look at his post, and look at everyone elses. He doesn't even question the possibility that it will be shit, even though there is proof that games have been being released like that lately, and he should be warned.

How do you think fans felt when they purchased Quake 4? Yup. They all went back to Quake 3.

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:31 deqer

JayDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:17:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:29 deqer

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:18:
Judging by the shoddy ports GTA4 & La Noire received and the utterly bizarre lack of RDR I don't put much faith in the PC version. You never know though, the PC has gained some momentum as a platform lately and maybe Rockstar is paying attention.
I believe it's nothing to do with PC platform level of technology. It's about money. Every company is going to be selfish and greedy enough to say "no, don't do it properly; just port it quickly."

Selfish companies taking shortcuts and coming out with entire new line of product/service by having the same product now available on another platform. Sounds big, right? Sounds like a lot of extra money, right? So, you would think companies would invest in doing it properly, but nooooo, they take the shortcut "just port it quickly." and still make their money too. Those fuckers.

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 14:53 deqer

Tumbler wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 14:50:
hard to get excited about another one.
hard to get excited about another one after playing Vice City. Vice City has the best mechanics, story, characters, voice actors, and radio music. they'll never be able to license those radio tunes again; and those are the best tunes.

915 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo