Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 915 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Premium Edition Outed
5. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 11:26 deqer

"PREMIUM EDITION" lulz.

I still haven't bought this game, and probably never will.

"Would you like a cookie?"

"OKAY! *Purchases Premium Edition*" lulz

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 13:29 deqer

Was he even at the bar? Maybe someone else stole it first then left it there.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2012, 13:22 deqer

"Games Developer Gives Customer Support To Pirate Bay Downloaders"

It's not some tactic to push the message of "anti-piracy" by pretending to be fooled into assisting pirate customers because he knows he's helping pirates by being on a site "thepiratebay."

So, the only reason he would be doing this is because it's better to have pirates like a working game rather disliking a non-working game. Better to have people spread positive "word of mouth" about the game, than to have people spread negative word of mouth such as "game sucks. doesn't even work." A developer would hate to hear that more than they hate to hear about it being pirated.

It's a "grey area" whether he should be paid for his support or not. Too many things to consider; on one hand he does it for himself, but on other hand he should get paid for his time as well, but not for assisting pirates. Etc. etc. (a "grey area")

On a separate topic:
Microsoft Bans Halo 4 Pirates, and Some Idiots Absolutely Deserved It
torrentfreak.com/microsoft-bans-halo-4-pirates

This is a reminder to you why you shouldn't play these games; shouldn't support these services; shouldn't get suckered into online gaming services like this. Don't buy a game that comes with a life-time "Hall Monitor" or "Lunch Police Officer" attached to it. Don't buy something that requires you to connect to an online source first before allowing you to play. Please don't allow yourself to be Owned.

Remember the old days? You remember those types of games? Stick to that. Stick to it.

On a separate topic:
"Yahoo! will! ignore! 'Do! Not! Track!' from! IE10!"

Ya Microsoft, what's up with that? Why you keep screwing up on every IE release? Did you not learn from IE6? DNT is not quite a web dev pain, but still. And it does affect web dev in the future. Either way, this is a huge problem and I wonder why you keep pulling this shit with every IE release? Hell, now we need Server Vendors to modify their shit to bypass your shit. Apache is already on board.

Damnit.

On a separate topic:
The Most Pirated Games of 2011
torrentfreak.com/top-10-most-pirated-games-of-2011-111230/

Really? Don't you mean "Most Collected Games of 2011" ? Are those downloaders even playing it? Have you not seen the people buying games and apps from Steam or Apple, and not ever playing them? Ya...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 10:54 deqer

i dont want a mobile version of vice city, wtf. i want a better pc release. what am i going to do with the mobile version? how are you supposed to aim a weapon with a touch screen? and how are ... ahhhhh, nevermind. god, you guys sucks.

News Comments > Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games
18. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 10:31 deqer

Tim wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 08:29:
(and tbh I find it quite nice to see the weather, news updates and how many mails i've got before i even open an app).
This type of feature could've been done with windows 3.1

News Comments > Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games
3. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 21:49 deqer

A reminder that can Microsoft revise it's policy whenever, and to whatever, whether you agree or disagree.

"Sorry, that's our policy." Yaaaa, I love that line. /sarcasm

News Comments > SimCity in March
19. Re: SimCity in March Oct 25, 2012, 14:47 deqer

Imma go play Sim City for SNES, because that game was AWESOME!  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend
22. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 14:42 deqer

You're right. It's on sale right now for 75% off.

But why be so harsh in your responses to me? Can't you just prove me wrong in a professional and calm manner? Am I really doing a lot of damage here with my posts? ...

News Comments > SimCity in March
16. Re: SimCity in March Oct 25, 2012, 14:23 deqer

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 11:16:
Did old SC games have modtools?

ASeven, aren't virtually all social and multiplayer features "unneeded?" I don't see how you say forced, either.
I think you missed the part about "always online" and EA's fluffy excuse of "social networking!" for it, even though we all know that's not the true excuse/reason for always online.

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
12. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 11:30 deqer

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 11:06:
Racing games are a genre that I dont think I'm going to get behind for any kickstarters, as my favorite elements usually involve a rock solid physics engine and realistic/destructible environments & vehicles. Both of these things are pretty much non-existent or poorly slapped together in the lower budget racers..

Heck one of the only reasons I play GTA4 anymore is to enjoy multiplayer races with friends, which are still a blast.

But for a kickstarter I'm gonna have to wait to see the finished product before jumping on any racing titles.

You don't want it to be TOO real, because then it's not fun. You don't want to powerslide and then slide out of control; a game that has some fake physics to keep the car moving non stop is what's fun.

No one likes to by flying down the road and then suddenly hit an obstacle and come to a complete stop. That's not fun.

Mario Kart was cool because you could control your powerslide back and forth with the control stick, and do a continuous slide all around a huge long ass turn of a road.

9. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 10:53 deqer

What I meant to say is, I think this game will end up being a BADASS game.

4. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 10:34 deqer

This looks ****ING BADASS! And with all those techniques/moves you can do, especially flying, it would be impossible for you to get stuck in a race. And near impossible to get bored of the game.  

18. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 10:03 deqer

Hard to believe that a game as good as L4D2 can go as low as $5, by itself, on a sale. I don't recall seeing that on last year's xmas sale of 75% off, and I think xmas is the only time you get a 75%-off sale for good titles like this one.

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
23. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 25, 2012, 02:46 deqer

Crazy quake-2 engine project: http://team-blur-games.com/overdose/

In fact, this guy has done so much to it, it's like a quake-2-tier-5 engine now.

2. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 00:55 deqer

Fantaz wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 00:22:
I think I got this for around $3 from the Steam summer sale group deal but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
There's no way you got it for that price.

Oh, you said group deal? that means you would've had to pay, what, like $90 for a bunch of stuff first? ya, okay. lol. not much of a deal, is it, when you need to buy a bunch of other stuff first. lool

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
13. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 14:29 deqer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 14:26:
deqer wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 13:59:
Soon Diablo 3 will be considered the same WoW is considered. Crack. And no one wants to talk about their crack addiction. That's something you just don't do.

"Ewww. you play diablo 3? lulz"

Do you just post blathering BS in places of games you don't own or have never played? Your life must suck.

Okay guy--who plays games with his wife and drinks, and calls himself Batman, and decorates his name with X's

9. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 13:59 deqer

Soon Diablo 3 will be considered the same WoW is considered. Crack. And no one wants to talk about their crack addiction. That's something you just don't do.

"Ewww. you play diablo 3? lulz"

7. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 13:39 deqer

Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 13:26:
Since there will be no Diablo 3 discussion anyway
Exactly. Why discuss a dead game? Heh.

4. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 13:25 deqer

But nothing for 17+ inch monitor, Core i7, and 8GB of ram.

Okay, so it's partial. Some have option for windows 7, and some force windows 8. And the laptop I want "Inspiron 17R" is forcing windows 8. Laaaamme.

2. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 13:06 deqer

nin, can you please tell Blue to post a topic about Dell now forces Windows 8. Because, they are. Dell's reason? It is "technology advances, and yadda yadda yadda...", I just got off the phone with one of their IT reps.

That topic from several days ago "Dell considers to continue selling Windows 7", is over now. You'll find laptops on Dell's site that force Windows 8.

So, looks like Microsoft is aware of all the heat(negativity) on them about Windows 8, and instead of acknowledging it, they would rather sweep it under the rug and now demand/force it on people. Looks like Microsoft has made Dell their bitch.

I know Microsoft needs to stay in business, but that's not our problem. That's their problem. No one asked for Windows 8. Seriously, NO ONE asked for this. People are just fine with their Vista/Windows 7, and they dont need a drastic change + closed market of software.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2012, 13:12.

915 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo