Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
143. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 12:49 deqer

Gib007 wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 11:59:
Sticking with Windows 7 64-Bit until the abomination that is Windows 8 is massively changed or Windows 9
I think that the more people say this, then the more Microsoft hears it and therefore Microsoft will begin to push for an earlier cancellation date of support service for windows 7 thus forcing everyone to upgrade. Yup; you can't win against corps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
36. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 18:52 deqer

Looks like this could be the final push for people to start Linux.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
44. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 18:14 deqer

Doesn't it just make you want to punch the guy in the face? Punch the guy that decided on all these restrictions?

Hell, it even makes me want to punch everyone at Bioware in the face.

No? C'mon, tell me. Tell me this don't make you want to punch someone in the face.

Grats EA/Bioware. You make people angry and make them feel like punching someone in the face.

34. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 14:36 deqer

Nacelle wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:14:
There was no sprint til 10, I think, when the game launched. Now you're whining about it not getting it at level 1 if you're playing for free. It's still a fun game and you get a lot of content for NO money. I unlocked mounts on one of my alts with legacy perks. My son, who is new to the game, doesn't have that option. I don't mount up when we play together. Big deal...
this guy ^ got a tattoo.

29. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 14:08 deqer

RailWizard wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 13:53:
lol those restrictions are ridiculous. Fucking sprint is a premium thing now? The item equiping thing is a page right out of the LOTRO book too....
Any ability for sprinting is massively used in an MMO, because MMO's are intentionally designed to make travelling be a time sink. Over scaled word, and under speed of your travelling, makes you spend more time playing therefore more time paying.

People hate that shit, so they sprint as much as possible.

What a dumb thing for EA to pick as a restriction. It's like a punch to the face. The nerve, they have...

Like, seriously... Picture this scenario: Two friends are playing, one is F2P, and suddenly the other friend decides to sprint. How do you think the other friend feels when he can't sprint? Then, how do you think he feels when he finds out "Oh, you can't sprint. You need to pay $15/month for that."

lulz

News Comments > Vice City Temporarily Pulled
4. Re: Vice City Temporarily Pulled Nov 16, 2012, 11:09 deqer

Oh RIAA, you just love sticking your nose into places it doesn't belong.

You attack a great game--the only great one of it's series, with great music--for it's music.

That's rich.

If I remember correctly, all these songs were redone for the game; they are shorter, and slightly different; which had me easily assume that they were all done and licensed specifically for this game. Having said that, how does RIAA have a case anyways? It's just stupid...

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
7. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 11:06 deqer

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:05:
Since it seems the biggest dig everyone seems to say that they are all just rehash' of previous versions, for someone who has never tried any, is it worth the $60 ?

No. Why would you support these dog fuckers?

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
5. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 11:05 deqer

When you spend millions of dollars on advertising and shoving your message down our throats 10 times on TV; on news boards, with 10 paragraphs of hype; on radio, then ya I guess it's possible to win $500M worth of peons that paid for your product.  

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 11:03 deqer

Sigh. Companies are so pathetic. Why would anyone want to play a game that has restrictions in it? This reminds me of DC:UO, where you can only store a certain amount of money in your bank. It's just stupid. Completely pointless to play.

This isn't F2P. It's P2W.

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
4. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 11:17 deqer

Have fun playing your single player game online, being tracked and owned by the company.

There are ways to have fun online with people, and this isn't one of them.

All we have here is a King Kong company who took their best franchise and used it on all of you people as a way to shove DRM/ownage down your throats, and you all bought it.

Hopefully most of you learned from this and you won't buy into this type of thing again.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
65. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 17:17 deqer

hey blue, did they pay you to post all that yellow stuff? is 10 paragraphs of hype really necessary?  

49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 15:04 deqer

Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:00:
deqer wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 14:50:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:33:
The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.
So? That's what mods are for. We could've done that ourselves had the companies not been selfish enough to not give us mod and mapping tools. We dont need companies to take all these little differences and sell them off as separate games. Really...

What does mods have to do with this game? Itís not even in the topic of discussion here.

As for it having the same name COD, that means nothing, itís just the front name being used. The real name of this series is Black OPs. Again, both titles are completely different haven have two complete different stories. Donít get confused over the name.

What I'm saying here is that a TC mod can do the same thing: change story, art, etc. We don't need this stuff to be sold off as a separate game to us.

47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 14:50 deqer

Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:33:
The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.
So? That's what mods are for. We could've done that ourselves had the companies not been selfish enough to not give us mod and mapping tools. We dont need companies to take all these little differences and sell them off as separate games. Really...

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 12:12 deqer

imma just go back to quake 1 and make some more maps and mods and have a lan party, etc. it will be awesome!
www.nquake.com

and i'll do vanilla stuff, like a qwring mod servers

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 11:13 deqer

The harder you try to shove your new title down my throat, the more I will refuse it.

Also, I'm getting sick of all the marketing you've been dropping millions of dollars into. I've seen news and trailers about this game like 3 or 4 times now, both on news sites and TV, both saying the game is available now.

Please, take your rehashed product and kindly shove it up your ass. Please let go some of your programmers or lower their salaries so that you can survive longer without making a Call of Duty game every fucking year.

Go choke on a stick.

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
25. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 12, 2012, 13:38 deqer

I think Left for Dead 2 is some good AI for what you would expect from a zombie game. A zombie game, you'd expect zombies to come at you and you just kill them. But in Left for Dead 2, the zombies actually dodge your bullets and some of these special zombies do have personalities.

Killing Floor is awesome too, given all the special monsters and their abilities and personalities, plus a Boss at the end who actually will run from you and heal himself and then comes back to try kill you again.

News Comments > Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming
3. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 13:46 deqer

Prez wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 13:35:
While the release of the source code will be welcome news for modders, I don't get why the have split the mod scene for this game. Why don't the mods for the original game and expansion work in the BFG edition?
money.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
15. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 13:17 deqer

Oh Blizzard. lulz.

Back in the day, you used to be cool. But now, you're poo.

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
23. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Wee Nov 9, 2012, 01:02 deqer

what's up blue, did Sandy break your keyboard?  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
8. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 06:40 deqer

Such a shame that a great game is being setup as a F2P online-only product. I'm sorry, but I don't support the idea of me not truly owning my product, and the idea of me being tracked and essentially owned by you corporations.

I guess it's time now to say that all new games--from this point on--suck. No more new games anymore.

Please corps, just die.

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo