Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 915 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Black Ops Night on Friday
2. Re: PC Black Ops Night on Friday Jan 16, 2013, 11:00 deqer

is this because Lack Ops 2 is not selling?

lulz

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Tomb Raider Underworld
1. Re: Free Tomb Raider Underworld Jan 14, 2013, 21:49 deqer

"Square Enix's portal that provides streaming games"

streaming games... cool. i love streaming games... ...

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 Preview
11. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 14, 2013, 09:15 deqer

Seriously, fuck these games and their continuous patching. Fuck the companies that do this.

And fuck the new consoles coming out that go harder on this stuff, making it easier for developers to update their games. No!

Fuck off! Leave the game alone. Do your job, and finish your homework(Q.A. testing) before launching a game you fucktards.

Game is too big for you to develop and launch without future patches? Maybe you shouldn't be in the business of developing games with such time constraints then? Not our problem; that's your problem. Don't make it our problem.

News Comments > Free StarCraft II Name Changes
14. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Jan 14, 2013, 08:27 deqer

Kajetan wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 13:10:
charging your customer for a simple SQL statement
^ this.

necrosis wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 15:04:
the cost is to prevent people from harassing others
Partially so. However, not when you have 1) Account Ignoring, and 2) Ban System.

You see, but Blizzard does not want to ban players. Otherwise, that would mean less monthly revenue $ for Blizzard.

astonished that there are people who are willing to pay for this "service"
Well, if you haven't learned by now; people are stupid. Younger people are more stupid, and are willing(or have no choice) to spend $10 to change their name because they had a temper tantrum.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition
4. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 13:51 deqer

This all sounds just stupid. Really.

News Comments > The Sims 3 Add-ons
1. Re: The Sims 3 Add-ons Jan 9, 2013, 12:47 deqer

People could've done this themselves had you released mod tools.

Sorry, I don't like being nickled and dimed with extras for every time I buy a game. I'm buying the game just for the game, and that's it.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM
26. Re: Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM Jan 1, 2013, 21:44 deqer

TheEmissary wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 20:01:
It was only slightly lacking a bit in the story/cinematics department compared to Diablo 3

Well, no one can really compete with Blizzard when it comes to story/cinematics. Story/cinematics is pretty much the reason why Blizzard became my #1 company back in the day; especially the fact that they used the same software I was using at the time, 3DSMAX.

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
47. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 31, 2012, 19:40 deqer

bhcompy wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 16:58:
You're not paying for software, you're paying for a temporary license to access the software.
Had the game box said anything like this on it, then I wouldn't even purchased the game in the first place.

Burying it in the EULA is not acceptable either. I take the EULA has "common sense" set of rules, and therefore I don't read it.

But a topic/subject like this, is not common sense. It is "what the fuck?" sense.

46. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Dec 31, 2012, 19:36 deqer

Dades wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 16:16:
A company like EA buys bandwidth in bulk and won't save any money there either.
Perhaps EA shouldn't be making games like this if it relies on everyone to participate for it to be worthwhile.

If that's the case, then shouldn't the game box be saying "Game will shutdown if not enough people are interested." -- shouldn't it be saying that?

Like I said before, had I know this would happen, then I wouldn't even bothered with it in the first place; I wouldn't even purchased the game to begin with.

45. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Dec 31, 2012, 19:33 deqer

D_K_night wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:42:
my expectation is that 40 years from now, I dust off an EA game, and I expect to be able to play it.

I paid good money for that, and that expectation is neither whiny, entitled, nor misguided.
Exactly.

Had I known the game would be shutdown later on, then I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Had EA put on the game box to let know this would happen, then I wouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

Why would I get into a game that I know is going to be taken away from me permanently? That's essentially what's happening here. Why would I want to do that to myself? Why would anyone?

You see.

44. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 31, 2012, 19:28 deqer

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 13:32:
But I also think it's fair to say the majority of buyers rarely go back to something old and if they do it's a couple games.
You really are missing the point about why this bad, and why people don't like it--and why people shouldn't like it.

Hopefully someone explained it to you somewhere on page 2 or 3 of this news thread.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Multiplayer
17. Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Dec 29, 2012, 23:21 deqer

We all know what "multiplayer" means now a days.

DRM.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
13. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 28, 2012, 00:37 deqer

RaZ0r! wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 23:34:
"Oh was that too time consuming? okay, we'll stop making this game catering to lifer/grinder nerds and start targeting casual players"

Fixed.

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
15. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 16:15 deqer

Sad to see.

Wasn't THQ the people behind Supreme Commander 2? They purchased the license for Supreme Commander and made/released SC2. Although many prefer SC1, SC2 is still a nice game with great music.

It's just sad to see.

They tried to work with Supreme Commander franchise by purchasing license and releasing new title, but it didn't really fly.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Dec 18, 2012, 13:10 deqer

Wait, what? You guys been working on an expansion this whole time while your game is dying? Why?

News Comments > RAGE DLC Next Week
43. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 10:46 deqer

Haha. So, they don't release the mod tools; then they make a mod themselves and sell it to you as DLC. Ohhh, the days of DLC.

DLC

DLC

lulz.

News Comments > HAWKEN Beta Opens
3. Re: HAWKEN Beta Opens<br> The <a href= Dec 13, 2012, 11:37 deqer

Why bother anymore? It's full of DRM now.

News Comments > The Secret World Subscriptions Now Optional
28. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 12, 2012, 23:58 deqer

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 21:44:
deqer wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 20:17:
Yes, don't you just love playing games you don't own? When will you realize that you're nothing to the company; and the company change/do whatever they want and whenever they want because their EULA--that you didnt read, but agreed to--says they can.

Seeing as its an MMO, no none of that bothers me. Man those first world problems are a bitch.
Yup, doesn't bother you that loot mechanics can be changed, and changed whenever and to whatever that benefits the company by making you grind longer. Doesn't bother, right? cool.

Yup, first world problems. Are problems for first world people. Not my problem. If it was my problem, then I can live with it. Hell, I could live in a jungle if that's all I had.

News Comments > The Secret World Subscriptions Now Optional
26. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 12, 2012, 20:17 deqer

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 18:12:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 17:15:
GW2 was great at first, but Anet has really nerfed the game, reduced loot, no loot, or just plain junk,made it into a grinding game, or (what they really) spend real money on gems. Not near as much fun as it was.

That might explain why I rarely find yellow loot now. I used to follow the timer website for the dragon battles and pick up a few yellows per fight, now its all blue and green.

Yes, don't you just love playing games you don't own? When will you realize that you're nothing to the company; and the company change/do whatever they want and whenever they want because their EULA--that you didnt read, but agreed to--says they can.

News Comments > Trion Layoffs
4. Re: Trion Layoffs Dec 12, 2012, 12:02 deqer

If you can't handle servicing millions of people, then maybe you shouldn't be in business?

Stop luring us.

915 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo