Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 917 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Origin for OS X
2. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 11:06 deqer

because Origin is doing so well, it's time to spread it over to other operating systems now? ... No. But, go ahead anyways, right? It's your Origin product; and it must survive. You have big plans for Origin, don't you? So, nothing will stop you from spreading it, even though the stats clearly show you that people don't like it/want it.

Keep sticking it to them, EA.

"Our vision with Origin is to connect y ..."
Shut up EA. We already know your vision/plan for Origin is. It's greed; plain and simple. Stop feeding is fluffy one-liners.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG
16. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 11:03 deqer

Bhruic wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 09:39:
And, frankly, I'd have no interest in a Star Wars RPG where I couldn't wield a lightsaber.

A lightsaber that does nothing? Isn't it already a sad feeling it to be wield a fake lightsaber? Isn't a lightsaber supposed to cut through stuff? yah...

You can't put a lightsaber in a game, so why try? it makes the make unrealistic and pathetic when you try to put a lightsaber in it as a weapon, and it doesn't act like a true lightsaber. "look at me, let me thwack this enemy 200 times before the lightsaber finally cuts through/kills him." lulz

News Comments > WoW Currency Conversions
9. Re: WoW Currency Conversions Feb 6, 2013, 19:13 deqer

Frijoles wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:02:
I don't cry when a movie ends (unless it was really good), despite having nothing to show for it. Feels the same with WoW.
It's not the fact that the movie has ended; it's the fact that you purchased the movie(DVD, let's say), and then suddenly you try to play it one day in the future and it doesn't play because it expired for whatever reason.

MMO is big game; so big, it amazes. This amazing feeling is what drives you to play it; so amazing, that you purposely tell yourself "it's okay. im having fun anyways.", but really, you're wasting all that time you're investing.

Companies own you; and since you invested so much time, you then find it hard to refuse any decisions/changes the company does to the game. You let the company shove it down your throat, and you eat it; because really, what choice to do you have anyways? If you disagree, then you lose all your stuff and you can't play anymore. So, really, you have to agree. You're owned.

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
30. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 19:05 deqer

nin wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:58:
deqer wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:56:
zombiefan wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:23:
and 2. It's JJ Abrams.

Yah, but J.J. Abrams directed Star Trek (2009), and I felt he did a very good job at it.

Dear god. It happened. We agree.

Of course we agreed. There's like, a thousand things out there we agree on.

7. Re: WoW Currency Conversions Feb 6, 2013, 16:01 deqer

Yes, but why invest your time into something that you truly don't own; something that can change on you whether you agree or not; something that you know could disappear at any second. Sure, you may feel it's unlikely to happen, but the fact that it's a possibility, is the issue; knowing that possibility, brings that sore feeling to yourself that you are wasting your time. You are being owned.

So yes, that applies to GW and any MMO I guess.

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
9. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 15:56 deqer

zombiefan wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:23:
and 2. It's JJ Abrams.

Yah, but J.J. Abrams directed Star Trek (2009), and I felt he did a very good job at it.

4. Re: WoW Currency Conversions Feb 6, 2013, 11:19 deqer

NoyzRulz wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 11:14:
Why would you write 2 paragraphs if you didn't care?
Why can't I feel sorry for the millions of people still playing, that don't yet realize this?

At least I have feelings, bro.

2. Re: WoW Currency Conversions Feb 6, 2013, 10:48 deqer

Why would I play a game where the company has control over it while I play/own it? Why would I play a game when a company can suddenly stick their nose into my business and start changing anything they want, when they want, however they want, and they change it whether I agree with the changes or not.

Why should I play a game, when knowing all that? Who the hell would feel comfortable playing a game when knowing all that? Knowing that the game could suddenly change on you, for the worst; knowing that the game could suddenly die because the company died; although unlikely, it's still possible; and that's what ruins it all.

1. Re: WoW Currency Conversions Feb 6, 2013, 10:16 deqer

" This time around there won’t be a soft cap"

Sorry, but you already ruined your reputation. No one can trust you anymore. Whether you say a cap will be there or not, we just don't know; we can't trust you that you say there won't be a cap. It's too late for trust now.

So, take your MMO, your cap mechanics, and your conversion/grind'ish mechanics and kindly shove it up your ass.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
103. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 4, 2013, 16:11 deqer

If someone wants to live the life of a "homie G from da ghetto D" and therefore talk slang, then let them. And let them do it in peace without you claiming them to be racist because of their chosen lifestyle and way of talking.

Being a wigger is not being a racist.

/thread

95. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 4, 2013, 13:35 deqer

Beamer wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 13:08:
deqer wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 12:13:
Being a Whigger is not being a racist.

Given that the Whig party was mostly pro-slavery, I'd say yes, being a Whigger would almost definitely make you racist.

Assuming you meant "wigger," consider what it's a portmanteau of before claiming it not totally offensive. Plenty of people that use it wouldn't use its root word, which is strange.

What? no.

Whigger is another way of spelling Wigger, or vice versa.
They both have the same meaning.
Being a Wigger does not make you a racist. Wigger is not making fun of the culture; they are embracing it as their own.

---

Sigh.

This just proves we have a fresh new generation of stupid young kids playing games these days, and now they have the internet are their disposal to making ridiculous childish claims about racism, trying to appear smart like they know what racism is and they've spotted a racist and start yapping, blah blah...

/thread

92. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 4, 2013, 12:13 deqer

Being a Whigger is not being a racist.

Learn the world; stop being a virgin to life before you claim something that isn't something.

/thread

57. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 3, 2013, 20:44 deqer

Whiggers are racists now? Okay. Please explain the logic behind that. I know you can't, so, don't bother. I didn't read this thread either.  

News Comments > Super Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Super Sunday Metaverse Feb 3, 2013, 20:16 deqer

Of course there is a decline in windows 7, when you have vendors like Dell forcing Windows 8 on customers now. What did you expect? Since it's being forced on people, I wouldn't say it's anything to really talk about. It's shit.  

News Comments > Steam in Hot Water in the EU?
4. Re: Steam in Hot Water in the EU? Feb 1, 2013, 22:05 deqer

TheEmissary wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 21:00:

That is great and all for older titles and console games but not so much for modern PC games. Most games lately are tied in to storefront/drm/middleware like steam.
So? So what? Your point?
Just don't play them then. What? Is this some type of crack that we can't live without? So, are you saying that once micro-transactions hit games, that we should play those games too because that's what's modern and we have no other choice?

Each time you play modern games, you are supporting a bad business model; you are being taken advantage of by the companies; and yet you don't think twice about it. You just eat it up?

Godddd, humans are dumb.

You own the storage medium you don't own the conten ...
oh, be quiet already. brown noser.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2013, 23:00.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
8. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Feb 1, 2013, 12:15 deqer

AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 11:19:
Because it's news about a game and this is a gaming news site?
A PTR UPDATE! WOWWWWWWW! ... ...

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
3. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Feb 1, 2013, 10:51 deqer

Why are you still posting news about this fucking game?

It's too late now. It's over.

The game is ruined, and too late now for patches and stuff.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
5. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Jan 31, 2013, 18:24 deqer

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 10:49
uite the contrary, almost all of these are good changes. [/quote:

It's too ****ing late. Can't you understand that?

News Comments > Magicka Free Weekend, DLC, Sale
2. Re: Magicka Free Weekend, DLC, Sale Jan 18, 2013, 01:58 deqer

Shouldn't your first question be whether they it has DRM or not?

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
3. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 17, 2013, 19:28 deqer

<Jay> steps down.
<New Guy> steps in.
<New Guy> reports to <Jay>
<Jay> reports back to <New Guy>
<New Guy> proceeds.

So, nothing changed. Okay.

917 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo