Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Dodgy Steam Key Warning
6. Re: Dodgy Steam Key Warning Mar 7, 2013, 21:47 deqer

Why is the card holder not being charged for the chargeback? It's his fault for having his card stolen in the first place.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Co-op a "Big Focus" of Diablo III 1.0.8
2. Re: Co-op a Mar 7, 2013, 21:44 deqer

Too late.

There's no one to co-op with, because everyone already left.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 7, 2013, 15:30 deqer

MAME multiplayer? Fucking cool!

News Comments > Another BF2142 Sequel Hint?
31. Re: Another BF2142 Sequel Hint? Mar 6, 2013, 18:07 deqer

Morgan19 wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 09:15:
YES. ASAP.
Oh look, it's one of the sheeple.

Sad.

Anyways,

Although I would play a new BF2142 game, we all know it will be tainted by EA's ownership. It will be DRM-driven, and require Origin.

Sorry. The way BF2142 died so quickly, I just can't see myself supporting EA on this one. Bye.

In fact, I'm willing to go back to BF2142, because really, that was just fine and I didn't ask for something new or more. All you have to do is launch a server and ban the helicopter trolls, and your server will survive.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues
78. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 5, 2013, 16:57 deqer

This game may be epic--which it certainly sounds like, but if the DRM requires me to be online to player single player mode, then I'm sorry I can't buy/support your game.

If there is no single player mode, then maybe next time you'll think twice about providing that mode.

News Comments > 3D Quake Editor
7. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 14:43 deqer

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 12:54:
Wow! You didn't shit on something! You should post like this more often!

Well, because Quake was the best FPS and still is for many people. And it's not just ANY fps game--it was a very well done FPS game with a completely solid engine; which is partly why Half-life/Valve's initial launch succeeded so much, because Half-life used the Quake 2 engine and many gamers knew that and put faith into the Valve franchise.

Quake is also one of the first games I grew up with, after Wolfenstein and Doom. I went hard on Quake, played it for many years, played it pro, tweaked it many times, and did level designing for it--mainly rocket arena maps.

News Comments > 3D Quake Editor
5. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 12:40 deqer

Kajetan wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 10:32:
InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 09:35:
Huh? Isnt this like a few years late to the party?
No. Because the point of this editor isn't Quake,
I think the point of the editor, is Quake.

Quake isn't dead. See www.nquake.com

I eventually left Quest(level editor) for QERadiant, but I will give this editor a try because of the 3D-only view, because that's how I did it in Quest. In Quest, I always full-screened one of the views and turned it into 3D view, and the keys allowed me to navigate and build at 10x faster speed than in qeradiant.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2013, 22:00 deqer

He obviously hasn't dealt with EA support in the past.  

News Comments > On Diablo III's Future
8. Re: On Diablo III's Future Mar 1, 2013, 20:59 deqer

Ahem.

timesink != skill, and therefore timesink != challenge.

so, stop saying "challenging", when really all it is is time sinking your strict lazy infamous RNG system.

Lazy math algorithm to drive it all, rather real logic and function for dropping loot when deserved and not when randomly chosen.

News Comments > Star Wars: 1313 on Hold?
16. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 11:35 deqer

"Let's call it, Starwars 1313. Yeah! 1313 sounds cool!"

Uhh, actually, no it doesn't. It sounds stupid.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 28, 2013, 15:00 deqer

How does China know that the hackers aren't from China and that they aren't ghosting from bots in the US?

News Comments > EVE Online Boasts 500K Subscribers
31. Re: EVE Online Boasts 500K Subscribers Feb 28, 2013, 14:57 deqer

"I now know in my mind what I previously only believed in my heart: that EVE will outlive us all.""

Isn't that expected? We already expect games to last forever.

Why lure us into a type of game that could suddenly end at some point in the future without any compensation to it's customers because your EULA says so?

Oh right, it's because it's not about us; it's about you making money. Because business is business, right?--or some shit phrase like that.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 27, 2013, 12:41 deqer

because Apple has the right to be Police for such stuff? okay.

News Comments > EA All-in on Microtransactions
26. Re: EA All-in on Microtransactions Feb 27, 2013, 12:12 deqer

How do we stop this new generation of dumb ass kids and parents from supporting this shit? How do we stop kids/parents from sinking money into this type of shit?

Anyone? Anyone know how?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2013, 14:37 deqer

Remember all that fluff Blizzard was feeding you about "the game was built ground up that way, so, it's too difficult to change that."

It was all bullshit, and here's the proof. They basically switch it ON or OFF, because that's how smart programmers program stuff, and therefore you have a copy of the engine with Always On = OFF, for PlayStation.

Lol. what does that tell you? All these lies, and deceit. What does that tell you? ...

News Comments > No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play
32. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 26, 2013, 10:28 deqer

"there are currently no plans"
"we don't have any plans"

We already knew that, fucktards.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
30. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 17:57 deqer

Sempai wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:24:
And yet SEGA certified and passed it through to retail.
Yup, because it's all about money.

Just like development, same goes for publishing; it's all about money, and not about the "heart of it"

Money is the only thing that matters, in the world.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Patched
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Patched Feb 24, 2013, 13:02 deqer

Haha. Those latest 3 improvements are actually really important things that should've been there from the beginning. So, what's going on? Finishing up your homework, again, EA/Activision? Yeah, that's what I thought.

"Ping bars" Really? Ping numbers have been out since the beginning of multiplayer/network games; since the days of Quake. If your developers had any clue of why ping numbers are important, they would've been there instead of ping bars. What the fuck is wrong with you?

How is it that games get released with out important features such as these? Or get released with gimped features, such as "using ping bars instead of ping numbers" -- you seriously had no Dev on your team that said "err, wait, we should be doing ping numbers, not ping bars." -- you really had no Dev on your team to point that out? Wow...

Again, a new generation of bunch of a fucktards at the helm, and a bunch of fucktard devs that do whatever they're told to keep their jobs. Not their problem or fault, I know; but, that's how it is.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
20. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 17:22 deqer

MajorD wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 17:13:
deqer wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:37:
"Hey guys, we need to stay in business and keep making money. So, even tough LoG was just released, and some of you haven't even tried it yet--well, we don't care, and we're going to--regardless--shove another game down your throats this early in time, because it's all about us and staying in business even though that negatively affects you by the fact that we'd be shoving another game down your throats already."

"Creating a DLC would not have felt right." You mean, not have felt right to your business in the form of profits? Ahh, yes, that's what I thought you meant. Okay.

I'm confused by your post. You obviously have a different perspective on the game and/or the developer, but the game was released nearly a year ago for $14.99, and even less during a promotional launch. LoG II probably won't be release until the end of this year, or first part of next, so how is it they shoved either one down our throats?

I'm just curious, as maybe I'm missing something. HAH, wouldn't be the first time.

How is it you feel that the lifetime of a game should be only 2 years? Why should someone move onto LoG 2 just because your business needs to survive constantly? Not our problem the business needs to keep 10 people employed with salaries or whatever.

If LoG is so great, then it's the kind of game that goes for 10 years or more. ESPECIALLY SINCE A LEVEL EDITOR WAS RELEASED.

I MEAN, C'MON.

fucktards.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
17. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 16:37 deqer

"Hey guys, we need to stay in business and keep making money. So, even tough LoG was just released, and some of you haven't even tried it yet--well, we don't care, and we're going to--regardless--shove another game down your throats this early in time, because it's all about us and staying in business even though that negatively affects you by the fact that we'd be shoving another game down your throats already."

"Creating a DLC would not have felt right." You mean, not have felt right to your business in the form of profits? Ahh, yes, that's what I thought you meant. Okay.

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo