Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Maxis on SimCity: "In many ways, we built an MMO"
17. Re: Maxis on SimCity: Mar 15, 2013, 21:15 deqer

"It didn’t come down as an order from corporate and it isn’t a clandestine strategy to control players. "

Yes it did, and yes it is.

Please, Lucy, take all that bullshit and kindly shove it up your ass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Maxis on SimCity: "In many ways, we built an MMO"
15. Re: Maxis on SimCity: Mar 15, 2013, 21:11 deqer

It is an MMO. I said that in the previous thread. When you take everything into account, and then the fact that you can't save, play with disasters, then reload your game; it's obvious it's an MMO. They want you to "grind" a new city over again if you want to play with disasters.

LOL.

"But we rejected that idea because it didn’t fit with our vision."

LOL

"But we’re also hearing from thousands of people who are playing across regions, trading, communicating and loving the Always-Connected functionality."

ROFL.

Bullshit on top of more bullshit. A huge cake of shit, is that this is.

You're all sheeple.

News Comments > SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting "Hack" Posts
22. Re: SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting Mar 15, 2013, 12:14 deqer

Wow. It really does sound like a chore to play this game. Lol.

I don't want to be a stupid mayor, or think like one. I just want to build. Not to mention not giving a hoot about the individual sims either. I mean, my god. Is this SecondLife or what? I have no time for that shit.

I think I'll go back to the older/simpler simcity games. Thanks.

News Comments > SimCity Hacked to Play Offline?
133. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 21:42 deqer

Saboth wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 21:17:
you'll still need an Ubisoft account and Uplay login to be allowed to play Anno, even though you bought it through Steam?

Lame.

110. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 17:56 deqer

SimCity 4 Deluxe?

Don't buy it. Pirate it!

I'm sure all of EA's bullshit has costed you $60 part of your life in some way, shape or form. Do you want a refund for that $60 of bullshit/stress/frustration/deceivingness ? Well, you can get a refund by pirating it!

Don't worry. You aren't the bad guy for pirating it. EA is. EA caused you to pirate it.

You didn't ask for all the bullshit EA has been doing lately, including forcing you on their Origin system.

102. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 16:45 deqer

Beamer wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 16:40:
Can't do that now, eh?

"<EA>: Of course not. That would significantly reduce the lifetime of the game. You must start a new city and experience it, like in the real world. There is no travelling back in time. If we allowed you to do that, then you'd have your 'fill' early on."

65. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 12:36 deqer

InBlack wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:40:
http://www.gamestm.co.uk/reviews/simcity-review/

I posted a comment there 5 minutes ago,

"So, EA paid you how much for this review?"

but I refreshed, and I see my comment has been removed now. Haha.

Silence the truth!

17. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 09:59 deqer

Why do the lies need to be "blatant" for you to see the truth? Companies are lying to you every day, you just don't see it. You must see it.

---

wtf_man, and Doma. Thanks for that bit of info. Will check it out!

5. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 09:33 deqer

Beamer wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 09:28:
Yeah, it was awesome at the time, but just do 3x3 donuts surrounded by railroad (no roads!) and you've built a flawless city.
The strategy guide I linked in my post disagrees with your strategy.

2. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 09:19 deqer

Guys, do yourself a favor and just go back and play the older ones.

SimCity 1, and have fun:
http://incise.org/advanced-sim-city-strategies.html

Just download the classic SNES "rom" simcity, and a SNES emulator such as snes9x or zsnes.

---

Want something newer? Then just play SimCity 4--that one works offline, doesn't it? Turn off it's music, and download the torrent soundtrack for the new SimCity 2013 and play that music in the background, and boom!

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
13. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 12, 2013, 23:35 deqer

Does the game cover say "SimCity Online" ? No? Well well, I wonder why...

it's because they wanted to fool all you into thinking it wasn't an Online game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
59. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 18:01 deqer

Back to StarCraft 1!, where the real Starcraft is. Real starcraft environment, and community.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 12, 2013, 02:37 deqer

Fantaz wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 01:14:
but without the crazy grabbing of knives.
Why not? He told them to fuck off, and they still came inside his place and tried to open his door. So, wtf?!

He knows he told them to fuck off already, and that didn't work. He doesn't want to try a different method and possibly waste his time on that 2nd attempt, or 3rd attempt. He really wanted them to fuck off and he only want to tell them once. So, I guess a Knife would work the 2nd time, right? There would be no 3rd attempt.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 11, 2013, 21:24 deqer

How is it a loss when technology continues to grow yet Kodak's service doesn't. I mean, who uses printers anymore? It's all digital now. You need to account for that fact, and do the math, and then you'll see it's not really a $1.38 billion loss at all.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2013, 21:01 deqer

"Internet celebrity ‘Sweet Brown’ sues Apple" lolwut? I have to click this. *clicking now...*  

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
86. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 18:48 deqer

Saboth wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 18:32:
You know, it's a shame about all the DRM and whatnot. I'd love to give these guys my money, as the game looks decent enough. Ah well.
I heard the hackers have gotten around the DRM, and you can get it on piratebay now. Not sure what that means, but sounds like it's not an emulation hack; sounds like the hackers have all the assets they needed to run the full game, in offline-mode.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
69. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:10 deqer

So, you all know what this means now, right? Okay.

I have a Homework assignment for everyone. Go out and find a gamer, and ask them if they own any games by EA. If they say "YES", then you know what to do.

66. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:03 deqer

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 14:52:
Well I can't speak for gamers at large but I didn't buy it and have no plans to even if its $5 on an Origin sale
Fuck, I wouldn't even play it if it was FREE.

It's simple logic. See, the thought of my work being gone 3 years from now when they turn off the servers, is enough for me to not bother with the game in the first place.

Sorry, I just will not support the idea of "leasing a game" or "renting a game" -- I prefer to buy it, and play it forever, regardless of internet connection.

Not only does online-drm prevent piracy, but it also gives the corporation much more control to do things you are not aware of, or things you would not consider. Immoral things.

56. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 14:42 deqer

Just go back to SimCity 1, and have fun:
http://incise.org/advanced-sim-city-strategies.html

Just download the classic SNES "rom" simcity, and a SNES emulator such as snes9x or zsnes.

31. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 11:47 deqer

Beamer,

if (drm == true) {
download_asset_live();
}
else {
download_asset_once();
}

Pretty simple, huh?

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo