Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
13. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 12, 2013, 23:35 deqer

Does the game cover say "SimCity Online" ? No? Well well, I wonder why...

it's because they wanted to fool all you into thinking it wasn't an Online game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
59. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 18:01 deqer

Back to StarCraft 1!, where the real Starcraft is. Real starcraft environment, and community.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 12, 2013, 02:37 deqer

Fantaz wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 01:14:
but without the crazy grabbing of knives.
Why not? He told them to fuck off, and they still came inside his place and tried to open his door. So, wtf?!

He knows he told them to fuck off already, and that didn't work. He doesn't want to try a different method and possibly waste his time on that 2nd attempt, or 3rd attempt. He really wanted them to fuck off and he only want to tell them once. So, I guess a Knife would work the 2nd time, right? There would be no 3rd attempt.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 11, 2013, 21:24 deqer

How is it a loss when technology continues to grow yet Kodak's service doesn't. I mean, who uses printers anymore? It's all digital now. You need to account for that fact, and do the math, and then you'll see it's not really a $1.38 billion loss at all.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2013, 21:01 deqer

"Internet celebrity ‘Sweet Brown’ sues Apple" lolwut? I have to click this. *clicking now...*  

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
86. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 18:48 deqer

Saboth wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 18:32:
You know, it's a shame about all the DRM and whatnot. I'd love to give these guys my money, as the game looks decent enough. Ah well.
I heard the hackers have gotten around the DRM, and you can get it on piratebay now. Not sure what that means, but sounds like it's not an emulation hack; sounds like the hackers have all the assets they needed to run the full game, in offline-mode.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
69. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:10 deqer

So, you all know what this means now, right? Okay.

I have a Homework assignment for everyone. Go out and find a gamer, and ask them if they own any games by EA. If they say "YES", then you know what to do.

66. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:03 deqer

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 14:52:
Well I can't speak for gamers at large but I didn't buy it and have no plans to even if its $5 on an Origin sale
Fuck, I wouldn't even play it if it was FREE.

It's simple logic. See, the thought of my work being gone 3 years from now when they turn off the servers, is enough for me to not bother with the game in the first place.

Sorry, I just will not support the idea of "leasing a game" or "renting a game" -- I prefer to buy it, and play it forever, regardless of internet connection.

Not only does online-drm prevent piracy, but it also gives the corporation much more control to do things you are not aware of, or things you would not consider. Immoral things.

56. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 14:42 deqer

Just go back to SimCity 1, and have fun:
http://incise.org/advanced-sim-city-strategies.html

Just download the classic SNES "rom" simcity, and a SNES emulator such as snes9x or zsnes.

31. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 11:47 deqer

Beamer,

if (drm == true) {
download_asset_live();
}
else {
download_asset_once();
}

Pretty simple, huh?

28. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 11:42 deqer

It is possible, EA. You're so full of shit.

Your programmers would not have done it like that. Your programmers would've made switches for everything, and you can just switch it "ON" or "OFF", otherwise your programmers aren't real programmers.

So, just stop fucking flying to us already, you mofos.

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
29. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 18:17 deqer

Sepharo wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:10:
Quboid wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:58:

Yes, it was pretty dumb of me. I preordered before the DRM was made public I was aware of the DRM.

It's been known nearly since the announcement and certainly before pre-orders were available.

Maybe if you researched it, but who does that?

I'm guessing the game cover does not say "SimCity Online", which is why people are fooled into buying it. People don't think twice because it's the SimCity franchise, which is exactly why EA used SimCity to introduce their online-only DRM methods. EA knew people wouldn't think twice about it because it says "SimCity" on the cover, because "SimCity" is such a popular franchise.

Someone is probably going to tell me that "it says online connection required on the cover", yes, but that is in "fine print"(burried in bottom corner of game cover, typed at font-size 4). The whole point of "fine print" is so that the customer doesn't see/read it.

Anyways.

"Win your trust back." lulz. Trust for what? What does that mean. Does it mean we will trust EA to use lube this time when they pound our asses? *ramble* *ramble*

10. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 17:16 deqer

Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:13:
Just lip service and marketing shit, let's see some action.

There will be no action. You kidding? They will never turn "ON" offline-mode; and even if they considered to, I bet you the developers/programmers would say "NO" to their Managers.

Just look at what EA said: "We have no intention of offlining SimCity any time soon but we'll look into that as part of our earning back your trust efforts."

You can see the bullshit laced in that sentence. They will not do it. It's just fluff to keep the sheeple calm.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted
4. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 10, 2013, 16:44 deqer

Ran out of CD keys?

My god... how pathetic has gaming become these days...

6. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 16:42 deqer

Win back our trust? wtf? Trust for what?

How does this change anything? You're just going to switch online-only back "ON" afterwards anyways, so where will be then?

We'll back where we started: Online-only DRM, and that means:
- You cannot play the game if the servers are having issues.
- You cannot play the game if your connection is having issues.
- You cannot play SimCity in a few years from now when EA shuts down the servers and sells you SimCity 2, and you lose everything you worked on.

Total sham.

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
98. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 10, 2013, 11:39 deqer

ASeven wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 10:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 10:51:
"The text for this review is currently unavailable. Please check back later."

Scroll down a bit for the proper review.

What a terrible site. Who would scroll down to look for the ... ahhh, nevermind. Not worth my time to vent about it.

93. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 10, 2013, 01:38 deqer

D4rkKnight wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 23:40:
I just hope this whole fiasco convinces EA to treat this game as more then a money pot. Please Maxis, fix your game.
It won't convince EA, believe me.

In business, there is no fiasco to admit to. Hell, even out on the road there is no admitting to an accident you caused, right?... lol

Although they admit it, they've still won. They just feed the sheeple more fluff(some free game) and everything is better now, right? Like saying "oops. sorry. ok, move along now.", a "slap on the wrist" and nothing more.

Haven't you been reading? It's all about the publishers now. Game dev now a days have publishers in the mix, and business models for making money.

And I wouldn't be so sure that the developers are innocent here either. The developers are what pitch these "business model" ideas, just so the developers can win the contract and get the job/work and make money, so they can keep their own jobs and live.

63. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 18:13 deqer

Sepharo wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 18:06:
That's pretty nifty. Does it let you select the area

Yup. When you press the key for screenshot, the screen turns 50% dark and you draw your selection square and let go, and boom.

60. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 18:00 deqer

Now a days, having a URL just isn't good enough. Now a days, you need to immediately take a screenshot of what you see before it gets removed. Post your screenshot on photobucket or something, then use that URL and share!

Good job to the guy who did that with the two tinyurl facebook posts there.

Software programs like "droplr" make this a breeze to do. Just press one key, and it takes a screenshot and uploads it for you and gives you a short d.pr/dd784kf URL and automatically copies it to your clipboard ready for you to paste anywhere you want.

54. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 17:17 deqer

People need to get their refunds, otherwise EA wins.

I feel bad that people will disapprove of SimCity, stop playing it, but not actually get their refund. So, even though the customer stopped playing/supporting the game, EA still won because they got their $60 because customer wasn't allowed a refund.

EA knows this, and is playing a game by rejecting refunds and assuming you won't take it further than that. I think their assumption is correct; people won't follow through, or try to sue, or whatever. I think EA's EULA is has enough vague bullshit in it to give EA authority to do anything they want for any reason or no reason--yes, I believe it actually says that, word for word, in their EULA.

We must not let EULA's control us. Must not let companies be permitted to put such important and vague messages in the "fine print" aka "EULA", because it's called "fine print" for a reason; because customers don't read fine print material and companies know this and take advantage of it.

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo