Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 892 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
58. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 19:17 deqer

"work in progress" doesn't mean you show in-game footage that looks better than what the released product ends up being.

"work in progress" isn't a backwards thing. It's a forwards thing. The finished title is supposed to look better than what your "work in progress" video showed, not look worse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Steampipe Conversions
2. Re: Valve Steampipe Conversions May 2, 2013, 13:38 deqer

Tanto Edge wrote on May 2, 2013, 13:12:
No longer share code...?
Yes, because many of these games were "Mods" for the "Half-life" game.

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Announced
32. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 27, 2013, 12:37 deqer

Defense Grid is a good game.

I did not let myself be "nickel and dimed" by DLCs' expansion packs; they are wise to make a new game "Defense Grid 2", because THAT, I will buy. And it's been long enough for me to feel comfortable buying it; it's not like EA where they make a new Defense Grid game every year; nope, I won't support that.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 27, 2013, 12:23 deqer

People that dislike DRM are disliking it for the wrong reasons. It's not about "internet disruptions"; it's about control; to own you; to track you; data mine you.  

News Comments > SimCity Patch Monday
2. Re: SimCity Patch Monday Apr 20, 2013, 02:49 deqer

"they concluded this was the time that taking the servers offline would have least impact"

Really? 1pm on a weekday would have the least impact on the players?

Sounds like it would have the least impact on your employees, rather players.

You should be doing it at 1am in the morning, not 1pm.

But hey, we're just sheeple, right? No importance to you.

News Comments > "Most Challenging Game Ever" Kickstarter
9. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 12:15 deqer

"unity web player. install now!"

why the **** should I? No, thanks.

Next time, think of "usability" when promoting your game and just use what everyone already has, Flash player.

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
30. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 16, 2013, 01:27 deqer

Creston wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 23:24:
One million players obviously isn't enough for EA. Best get back into Sim City and play the shit ouf of it, people, because its plug is on the short leash.

Yup. I was thinking the same thing.

I feel sorry for the victims of this system; the people that purchased the new Sim City game. They were lured in by a misleading title on the game cover of "SimCity" instead of "SimCity Online"

I wasn't fooled though. Nope. EA won't fool me.

Sad thing is, people realize "wtf is this?" once they start installing it, and it forces them to go through Origin, and forces them to be connected online at all times, and then they try to return the game and EA says "nope. you should've read the 'fine print'"

EA is such shit. Spread the word. Tell your friends.

Friends don't let friends play games by EA.

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
3. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 09:43 deqer

The greed is strong in this one.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Double XP Weekend
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Double XP Weekend Apr 12, 2013, 16:06 deqer

"wahhhh, play our game."

"no no, we're not hurtin'; so, we'll use a 'celebration' as our excuse for giving xp bonus"

News Comments > More Diablo III Itemization Answers
4. Re: More Diablo III Itemization Answers Apr 12, 2013, 11:58 deqer

I don't know why they still do these discussions. It's pointless, because you won't get the answers you're looking for. Devs will never say the actual truth, so, it's just a waste of time.

With regard to items, I feel sorry for people that play this ongoing-changing game, where Blizzard has ultimate control of the items system and can change the rates to whatever they want, whenever they want, with or without your consent, all to serve their purpose and not yours; all when you're just starting to get familiar with the system too, it suddenly changes on you. Annoying POS.

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
83. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 19:46 deqer

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 19:26:
Why would YOU, yourself, need that functionality? You wouldn't, not ever, because you can't be in two places at once playing two different games.

Wait a sec. What if he has two computers beside each other, and has two sets of eyes and four arms?

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched
21. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 14:10 deqer

What a terrible engine, and terrible team of devs.

Bring back the quake engine, and the original id software team.

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
34. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 14:03 deqer

Harlequin wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 11:52:
InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:34:
I can understand the hate coming from people who have poor or unreliable internet connections, I have quite a few friends who moan and bitch rightfully about this. In certain places its really hard to get on a good internet provider and for those people its really a bitch if they want a game that is EXCLUSIVE to Steam.

Offline mode. Issue quite easily resolved. If you mean downloading the game in the first place steam picks up right where it left off if the net goes out so not sure why it's a steam issue.

Not to mention, Steam will also automatically pause downloads when you start playing a game. Steam will also wait until after you're done playing your game before it sends you the News of new games in store.

Steam is just so freaking awesome in so many ways. The 10+ years of it's existence shows that, with it's solid interface, and excellent set of features. Nothing can compete, and there really is no reason to compete with it anyways; because it's FREE. Anyone trying to compete with Steam is already 10 years behind.

News Comments > EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again
25. Re: EA Apr 10, 2013, 00:01 deqer

killer_roach wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 23:41:
Plain and simple, it's vote-bombing from a contingent that really thinks the new SimCity is the worst thing that's happened to modern society.
It's not really about SimCity though. EA's crap service towards customers goes far back, even into the days of BF2142 where they'd outsource their Support department to foreign workers such as Indians, and would refuse to assist with certain issues and refuse refunds even in those days.

SimCity is just an example, and it's also proof that EA has not changed since.

News Comments > EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again
24. Re: EA Apr 9, 2013, 23:59 deqer

ViRGE wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 21:31:
But how is this the worst company in America?
I think you missed, or misunderstood the phrase "(despite the rather disingenuous title of "Worst Company in America")." that Saboth said at the end of his post. And therefore Saboth cannot possibly answer the question you're asking now.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR
20. Re: Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR Apr 9, 2013, 17:16 deqer

So, even though I used suicide topic as just an "example" and even though I said "God forbid you don't", you all still were butthurt enough about it to report me? ...

Get real.

Seems like no one can say the word "suicide" in any context without you all getting butthurt about it. "OMG, he said the S word!" "OMG, he said the R(rape) word!" ...

Cry me a river.

Turn on your curse filter, and customize it for adding the word "suicide" then.

14. removed Apr 9, 2013, 15:16 deqer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 9, 2013, 15:32.

11. Re: Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR Apr 9, 2013, 14:36 deqer

Cram wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:36:
I'm hoping a year or so down the road and maybe there's a lull in games to play, that Diablo itch comes back and I end up surprised at the improvements made over time.

Why would you support a company that shoves always-online down your throat for a single-player game? Even if the game became free, you shouldn't support a company that does this. You need to open your eyes a little wider.

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
18. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 11:15 deqer

"Look, they did it. So can we, right?" lol...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 8, 2013, 22:39 deqer

Some crazy interesting stories being posted today. Cool.  

892 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo