Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 917 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
141. Re: Xbox One Announced May 22, 2013, 00:09 deqer

lol. "Xbox One"

"<Microsoft> Why did we call it xbox 360? We want to milk this as long as possible, and release a new xbox every year; having said that, we'll run out of numbers. Xbox 720, xbox 1080; It will quickly get to a point of stupid. So, let's reset and start at ONE! Our next xbox will be "Xbox Two"! ... "

"<Microsoft> Looks like people have been using their xbox as a media center instead of buying an actually separate media player device. So, let's use that in our next marketing campaign! 'Blu-Ray player!', 'Living room entertainment!' ... "

"<Microsoft> Looks like people have been selling used games. So, let's work off of that; let's take a cut of that by forcing users to pay us a fee for each time they want to sell their used game!"

"<Microsoft> Let's control/track everyone by integrating it all into a cloud platform(that cannot be disabled). Yah!"

lulz

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Community Patch
13. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 19, 2013, 01:34 deqer

Redmask wrote on May 19, 2013, 00:47:
deqer wrote on May 18, 2013, 13:37:
That's why Random Crits exists. That's why the Spy class exists(for newb players that couldn't cut it, using a normal class). That's why Ubers exists. That's why it takes 3 rockets for a soldier to kill a spy, instead of 1 rocket. That's why sticky guns exists for Demoman. etc. etc. The list goes on and on; I could list 100+ examples. But, meh.

Your statement is inherently contradictory. 'the game is so balanced its handicapped' makes no sense.

Those elements of the game you mention are not weighted towards a specific side, both sides can take advantage of them which means a winning side playing well will still do better than a losing side who isn't as skillful. The spy class has been around since the beginning and requires a lot of skill to play effectively, you should L2P before talking about things you don't understand.

I'm sorry you couldn't understand the way I explained it(handicapped mechanics), nor the examples I gave.

And you're picking on only the FEW examples I provided (out of the HUNDRED I could also provide from TF2). Random Crits is a prime example of handicap mechanics -- it "randomly" gives a player(regardless of their skill) a temporary unfair advantage. If you take away Random Crits, then you'll see a lot more "true wins" from a skilled team vs an unskilled team.

TF2 is built with many handicap mechanics which are also linked to many of it's nerfed settings, such as nerfed rocket damage and/or splash damage.

Giving the game a skillless class "Spy" (that can cloak), is another example. Sure, the other team can use "Spy" as well, but that's not he point.

Not to mention, TF2 adds more and more items(handicapped benefits) to the game. For example, now a Spy can decloak "silently" -- as if the class wasn't already handicapped enough(by having a cloak ability in the first place.)

This comment was edited on May 19, 2013, 01:54.

11. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 18, 2013, 22:40 deqer

It's cool watching victims (playing a handicapped and emo-centric game) remain as victims, after 6 years.

I guess all the smart/adult people have left(either for good, or to private/competitive servers), and therefore there is no majority of a community of smart/adults to complain enough to Valve to have things changed for pub servers.

8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 18, 2013, 13:37 deqer

Redmask wrote on May 18, 2013, 12:14:
deqer wrote on May 18, 2013, 04:18:
TF2 still sucks, though. It's too balanced, that it's actually handicapped.

This statement makes absolutely no sense.

What, you don't know what handicapped (in a video game) means? It means one side is given an unfair advantage in order to keep the game fair, so it always remains balanced. It's a really lame mechanic.

Haven't you played a Racing game before, and it asks you to set the difficulty of the CPU racers to either Handicapped or not? If you set handicapped, then the enemy racers are given an unfair advantage (speed boost) to catch up to you, no matter how fast/good/skilled you are. Essentially taking away your skill, for the sake of balancing the game out for both teams. Really, a lame feeling, indeed.

That's what TF2 is, with all it's mechanics and settings.

That's why Random Crits exists. That's why the Spy class exists(for newb players that couldn't cut it, using a normal class). That's why Ubers exists. That's why it takes 3 rockets for a soldier to kill a spy, instead of 1 rocket. That's why sticky guns exists for Demoman. etc. etc. The list goes on and on; I could list 100+ examples. But, meh.

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 18, 2013, 04:18 deqer

TF2 still sucks, though. It's too balanced, that it's actually handicapped.

Also filled with the current generation of kiddy teens, and servers with emo all-talk enabled, it's just garbage.

Don't waste your time with this one.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 17, 2013, 17:32 deqer

Just rar your files with a password. lol

News Comments > April NPD Estimates
2. Re: April NPD Estimates May 17, 2013, 17:31 deqer

No one asked for new consoles.

Let's go back to old nintendo systems, with simple pixel-art side-scroller pages.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 16, 2013, 23:54 deqer

Yah... because everyone likes spending their time crafting and travelling back and forth everywhere ... sigh

MMOs are so lame.

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
32. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 14:35 deqer

I guess we now know why EA recently laid off all those employees. Saving up money to start a DICE studio with up to 60 new employees.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
43. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 15, 2013, 02:02 deqer

"the biggest PC game launch in history"

Yah.. Misleading everyone by calling it "Diablo III", rather "Diablo Online"

Yah.. they're(Blizzard) such winners, aren't they... ... *sarcasm*

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
37. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 02:35 deqer

Is this what gaming as come to? Come to a point where we have just another random/joke gaming dev company that thinks they can develop a shooter with NO option to change it's FOV? Is no one learning from the guys who did Quake, back in the 90s? We're at 2013 now...  

News Comments > Cube World Trailer
8. Re: Cube World Trailer May 13, 2013, 01:00 deqer

PHJF wrote on May 12, 2013, 18:02:
I prefer exploring to building,
Does exploring have any special feeling when you're just exploring randomly generated content? I would think not.

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
44. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 14:58 deqer

Crustacean Soup wrote on May 11, 2013, 13:39:
Do you get Continuum in the US
No. The US is not allowed access to Continuum. US is missing out.

US is aware of Continuum though, but they poke fun at it, out of jealousy though.

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
27. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 04:11 deqer

Every time I have switched the channels and come across this show, I found myself watching a BORING scene. Every time.

Also, I don't like the fact that the Rambo chick from Dexter is in it.

So, forget this show.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 9, 2013, 22:18 deqer

What kind of "lost soul" person would make such a notion? Has humanity really come down to that "low" of a level, that you would ignore truth/justice/evidence simply because the evidence was acquired through illegal means? What does the "means" matter, when the material is the evidence/truth! for justice!

lol

News Comments > Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking
12. Re: Origin for Windows May 9, 2013, 22:15 deqer

Darth Guybrush wrote on May 9, 2013, 16:11:
Tell them I hate their fucking popup windows. I mean why???

At least Steam waits until you're done gaming first before the popup (of new games) pops up. It doesn't shove the popups at you soon as you login. No. It waits until you're done gaming (and about to close Steam).

News Comments > Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking
7. Re: Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking May 9, 2013, 14:49 deqer

EA, you're still 10 years behind Steam, on tons of features and functionality and solidness--due to your own greed.

I know your ego--with Battlefield franchise(running on Frostbite/DICE)--makes you think you can do this, but not me.

Your reasoning for leaving Steam is very poor, and for that I will not support you or your Origin platform alternative.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 DoS Attack
11. Re: Battlefield 3 DoS Attack May 9, 2013, 14:46 deqer

"While the motives are unclear"

Really? You can't possibly imagine a possible motive? Why not start by looking at your list of bans, and the reasons you provided for such bans, and check again whether those reasons were valid or not.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2013, 18:18 deqer

Julio wrote on May 7, 2013, 16:46:
I'd prefer an hourly charge for how much you use it, if they really want to push a subscription model.
Nope, won't happen. I agree, but it won't happen. Companies have learned that that is not how they make their money; that's how they lose money. They learned that they make tons of money by having you constantly pay a flat rate monthly fee.

News Comments > Ubisoft Fires Désilets
11. Re: Ubisoft Fires Désilets May 7, 2013, 18:17 deqer

He's going to defend himself, for "wrongful termination", and he'll win. Companies are so unorganized/unprofessional that they have nothing of fact to present to the table to warrant the termination.

Company would have to rely on their Technical Lead/Project Manager at the least--and even then there's probably not enough material/evidence to be provided--, and I doubt he'll cooperate anyways, unless he's a slime ball.

917 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo