Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark S

Real Name Mark S   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname deqer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 4, 2011, 01:17
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 57143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
128. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 24, 2013, 08:12 deqer

It's too late.

Microsoft would've screwed fans if Sony didn't exist. And they had the chance to remove DRM before E3, and they still didn't.

Only now (they became fucked in the polls) they suddenly decided to remove DRM.

You should not support Microsoft at all because that they "tried"

Microsoft also tricked you to think that DRM was necessary; that it was difficult to remove. Nope. It was a simple "switch" (that could be turned&#65279; off).

Microsoft thinks fans will return after all this? Wow...

I feel sorry for xbox fanois who are still loyal to Microsoft after all this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Aliens: Colonial Marines
35. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 22, 2013, 07:11 deqer

It's not free if you have to go through all that trouble to get it down to $0.00

Lame...

Pass.

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
24. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 14:11 deqer

Techie714 wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 13:34:
I really enjoyed BF3 but I'd like to know if this release will have VOIP? I've read mixed signals on this with all the E3 coverage. Not adding VOIP in BF3 was a HUGE misstep
I think a lot of gamers don't use it even if it was included, because it can suck and there are better 3rd-party methods such as Mumble, or Vent that people prefer regardless.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 10:17 deqer

All the pains Google endures for running a search engine. Won't the same pains come to DuckDuckGo too eventually? How will DuckDuckGo have the resources to deal with it? Soon we'll see DuckDuckGo go out of business then?

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
2. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 10:14 deqer

"Windows 8 not supported" lol

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 16, 2013, 19:50 deqer

I'm going to try DuckDuckGo. I like the way this page was done: http://donttrack.us/

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
1. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 14, 2013, 20:47 deqer

Whoever pays/defends this, is not my friend. Sorry, I just don't want to be your friend anymore.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion in 2014?
7. Re: Diablo III Expansion in 2014? Jun 11, 2013, 22:32 deqer

Online Only. It's not "Diablo III", it's "Diablo Online"

News Comments > Mad Max Game Announced
23. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 13:32 deqer

I wonder if it's things like these that convince a film director to do the movie. Rather doing it for heart, he does it for things like this (money).

<Film Director> Nah, I won't do a movie. Last time we tried, my partner died in helicopter crash when visiting the area we were planning to film at. So I gave up the idea.

<Agent> Nooo. You must! We can make this a whole franchise thing, and do a video game for it, and blah blah.

<Film Director> Okay fine, I'll give it another shot.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Announced
6. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 09:33 deqer

Where's the damn trailer for the new mad max:fury road movie!  

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
27. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 07:48 deqer

Who cares what this new director has in store. This "single plaer" game is still "online only", and that means I cannot play it 10 years from now without relying on Blizzard to be in business; I'm sorry, but I don't support that kind of uncertainty. You should've kept it offline, and options for LAN. Oh well. I can live without you, and be happy knowing that I didn't lower myself to that level of buying your online-only single-player game. Bye.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 4, 2013, 10:13 deqer

<Apple> Sorry, but we don't want people saving trailers and watching them again and again on their local machines. If you want to watch trailers, you must watch them on Apple along side the ads we'll be shoving down your throat as well.  

News Comments > "Major" Path of Exile Patch Next Week
17. Re: Jun 2, 2013, 05:18 deqer

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 22:15:
Are you really trying to defend your asinine post?
Huh?
Because you make it sound as if people are being forced at gunpoint to beta test a product in order to ensure its live release isn't a jumbled up rats nest like the early days of Half Life 2 breaking Steam or Ultima IX: Ascension.
At gunpoint? No. It's more like a "reaction" that you're a victim of. You follow through on the reaction to play (a new shiny game) without thinking twice about what you're getting into to; even if you know it's BETA; you still ignore that fact and "press on" anyways, because it's your addiction.

Even Blizzard relies on outside assistance in the form of their PTR system
If you can't handle making an MMO game good the first time(without the need of homework catchup, changes, fixes, etc.), then maybe you shouldn't be in the business of making MMO games.

so what is a company like Grinding Gear Games going to do to even have a chance at testing their product
See my comment (above), but replace "MMO" with "ARPG". If you can't handle it, then don't get into the business of doing it. It's the company's problem, not ours; so, don't make it ours.
when the end result is a F2P game and they work off donations?
Whether it's F2P or not, is irrevelant.

---

Fact is, you're essentially wasting your time playing BETA stuff. Even with PRODUCTION stuff; that will still be be patched/changed (again and again) regardless; without you knowing what the changes are; and even if you did know what the changes were, it's not like you had any say in it; you'd have no say in the matter because the company does what it wants, and you follow their Terms. There's always that chance your "Suggestions" will get ignored too. So, why bother. You're now a victim to a game that will have changes(whether you agree/like them or not).

13. Re: Jun 1, 2013, 20:35 deqer

Okay, so it's F2P; I didn't know that.

However, I still don't support the idea of BETAs being released and us being testers.

I also don't support the idea of "changes" -- I'd prefer games be released on cartridges that never get updated. Those were the days of solid (and tested) games, that you could become familiar with and not expect changes (changing/resetting your familiarity); such an annoyance.

It's like Microsoft "changing" windows to have no Start button. "change is good" my ass; fact is, it's just annoying. So, stop it.

3. Re: Jun 1, 2013, 03:13 deqer

"hey guys. yet again, we're another gaming dev company that are greedy and selfish (like others) to release our product early without finishing our homework and doing proper QA. Now that we've finished some of our homework, here is a patch with changes and more changes"

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
28. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 14:08 deqer

Endo wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:39:
Whey the frack do every one of these review sites have the articles in multiple pages (some as many as 24!) with no option to view it all as one page? No thanks, I'll pass.
SEO

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2013, 10:59 deqer

Truth hurts, so now you got a bunch of loser gamers acting out (675 comments on that page) because they got butthurt by some truth.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2013, 10:28 deqer

<Employee> Look, no one is going to buy this shit. You ruined it, with the dumb name "Xbox One"

<Microsoft> Don't worry, we'll force them to buy/play; we';ll invest a billion dollars into forcing game developers to develop for Xbox only. Gamers will have no choice but to play on Xbox if they want to place that particular game/brand/franchise.

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?
3. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 10:21 deqer

Have we really come to the point where we're so "low" in life that we need to charge DLC for features like "Camera: Cockpit" options?

What next? DLC for "FOV View: Yes" option?

I've hated the term "DLC" since the beginning. I hate it even more now.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
24. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 23:55 deqer

Wallshadows wrote on May 28, 2013, 20:34:
to help develop more content at a quicker pace.
We don't need new content at a quicker pace. We need content at a slower pace. Let's not cater to the hardcores/lifers and/or the corporation's greed.

Should be catered to casual(normal) people (who would like to actually like to explore the entire game world before more shit is added (because the geeks/nerds already spent their daily hours playing through it all because they have no other life to be productive in).

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo