Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for s1mon75

Real Name s1mon75   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname s1mon75
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2011, 22:10
Total Comments 75 (Suspect)
User ID 57141

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
32. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 22:09 s1mon75

Darks wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 12:46:

Its just you, maybe your a boring person.

And you have ascertained this from a few lines written by OP? Or is it that this bloke doesn't agree with you?

At least he isnt a sheep. Bleh bleh back to your herd in case you have original idea.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
47. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 19:54 s1mon75

D3 is a hugely successful game. Its bound to affect many, many people.

Sad part is whenever BluesNews creates a news post about D3, its the same cry babies who post their negative shit no matter what news post is about.

Seriously, you like TL2 go play that and leave the adults to continue the discussion about D3 and its direction moving forward.

News Comments > Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced
6. Re: Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced Sep 7, 2012, 06:34 s1mon75

Tried EQ2 on release, then Wow came out. Fast Forward 8 years ..ive gone and tried EQ2 again.

Seriously cool game. In typical EQ fashion, this game has depth unheard of in any other MMO.

Sadly its still half broken and riddled with Bots.

Why cant they fix whats broken before demanding more money from the community?

News Comments > WoW Adding All Race Access
14. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 15:06 s1mon75

Imagine this, Blizzard offered to sell races like EQ2 does. Would people be happy with that? No the haters would cry. Wait, imagine if they gave them away for FREE? People would cry. Blizzard seems to cause a lot of tears.

In fact this is a good business decision. Once you hit 60, you will need to buy the expansions to progress further.

So all they are doing is allowing new / returning botters to choose the race they want without buying the expansion first.

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
11. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 11:37 s1mon75

Requires Origin? Check!

Fuck off and die EA. Yet another IP you have destroyed.

F2P, which really means Pay2Win can work. But EA, like Sony have no clue how to find that balance between generating revenue and keeping it enjoyable for those who dont pay the micro transactions. These are mainly kids or adults with kids, who can barely justify $50 for a game.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
38. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 19:33 s1mon75

hyperwired wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 04:45:
Duh. Way to oversimplify it.

I like my steel swords; I'm a bit of a collector, but there aren't many craftsmen who make them any more; lately more and more people are getting into swordfighting and are taking preference to wooden swords which are easier to start with and more suited to casual bouts. I'm happy for them because swordfighting is gaining popularity and they are enjoying a fine sport and honing their swordsmanship. Hell, every now and then I use a wooden sword just for the change and its refreshing.

But what is starting to happen is that now its very hard to find a craftsman making new steel swords; since the majority of the new generation of swordfighters are quite content with wooden swords, the demand for wooden swords has skyrocketed. Its quite possible that later they prefer steel swords (if there are any left to find) as they experiment a bit. Who knows?

I dont judge them; my preference is simply for steel swords. Even if I try to get a new steel sword made, the craftsmen are using wooden parts as part of the structure, at first it was just the hilt, but now a blade itself which merely has a steel wire running through is sold as a steel sword; it has become very hard to find a place to get a new one made in the old style, which was once very popular but now seems to be dying.

Of course I feel a bit frustrated; But its not fair to blame the new generation that prefer wooden swords (for a lot of them its all they know). Who can I blame?

Of the steel swordfighhters and collectors, many have quit. Others have let their frustrations show. Most are quietly waiting, clinging on to the few craftsmen they can trust to not add wood to steel; hoping for a resurgence of steel.

I like it, but as a history buff and sword collector myself there is one issue I have with whats written above.

Arguably the best swordsman to ever walk the earth in Japan is Miyamoto Musashi. He is the man who wrote the Book of Five Rings, a book well worth reading. After he killed enough people, he decided to arm himself with two Bokken, wooden swords. He never once lost a fight.

A swordsman doesnt need steel to be deserving of the namesake.

22. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 03:26 s1mon75

Graham wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 00:13:
How fucking dare you? Seriously, what is this?

You come on this board, in this space, and claim to be enjoying yourself in a game that we don't approve of? Fuck you. Fuck everything you stand for. This game didn't meet the expectations of the thin edge of the wedge, and for that, it's a failure. Despite the fact that it set record sales, and despite the fact that enough people are still playing to bitch in an epic fashion, you're WRONG WRONG WRONG.

And you're a horrible person for having a good time with it, you filthy fucking casual. Your entertainment is invalid. Your joy? Non-existant. From now on you'd better fucking check in with us on how to feel before you feel it, lest you post something here that we don't like. THEN... THEN you will see what a stern talking to really is.

Quoted Because this is quite possibly the best post ive read on Bluesnews. Message me and ill Gift you your game of choice via Steam or Amazon.

EDIT: Bold fail

7. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 10, 2012, 20:21 s1mon75

*cough* Ill be playing GW2!  

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
35. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 10, 2012, 02:47 s1mon75

eunichron wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 21:25:

Yet we have no sense of timeline here. They never said when the breach actually happened ...

Let me Copy and Paste from their Q&A

When did Blizzard learn of the unauthorized access?
The trespass into our internal network was detected by us on August 4, 2012.

Thats not to say when the breach began of course ..

Im a fanboy, im happy to admit it. But tell me another PC gaming house that deserves such a high amount of faith?

However they are far from infallible. But ill bet a months pay that they will continue to break records for sales and generate profits that keeps the industry green with envy. For me thats a good thing, because I love to game. Thats what keeps me happy, an enjoyable gaming experience.

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
27. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 9, 2012, 21:09 s1mon75

Im shocked they were so open about the intrusion, usually companies are more coy about these incidents.

Ohh and to the people who are saying 'this is the last straw, im never dealing with Blizzard again'. Your full of shit and we both know it. Continue to rant, yet the vast majority of their users will continue to play and enjoy their games.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
4. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 16, 2012, 15:15 s1mon75

Dev wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 14:36:
Why is it so hard for them to update tooltips? That should be a 5 minute thing, that could be patched day 1.

These updates are server side only which negates the need to update the client. In theory this means less updates for the consumer. The issue is to update a tooltip the client needs to also be updated.

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
60. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 12:12 s1mon75

wtf_man wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 09:06:

You're joking, right? Depth? Substance? Hard to Master??? /ROFLMAO

Tons of content, yes... but those things??? Sorry, I disagree. Wow bored the shit out of me within the first few levels... and I stuck it out through the mid levels.

It was the lack of substance that made me quit, and never look back.

/shrug
Remember mate, the game has been around for what almost 8 years now? I was comparing Vanilla Wow to SW:TOR, only to be fair. If you really did play the game, then in Vanilla what was the percentage of users who completed Nax? If I remember correctly the stat was less than 1%. Do you still think Wow was hard to Master? Wow over the years has been dumbed down a significant amount to make it more accessible. Yes it was easy to learn and hard to Master, but also MMO's aren't for everyone and Wow allowed people who would have never played EQ, DOAC or a MUD for than matter to experience them. Unfortunately the market is going in the direction of micro-transactions which means any style of game can be a money maker not just MMO's.

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
43. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 08:12 s1mon75

For those who think Wow is 'retard friendly', allow me to elaborate further.

To a point your right, early in Wow's development the phrase used by Blizz was 'Easy to Learn, Hard to Master'. Much like Chess its not hard to understand what pieces move to where, but there is so much depth to to the game after learning the basics. Thats called Substance.

I tried SW:TOR for 3 days before realizing it was a failure. The basics were there and it was easily accessible, but if you wanted to get more out of the combat you couldn't due to the limited screen GCD. And the skill tree was so ... 8 years ago. I could go on ...

SW:TOR could have really been the Wow killer but imo, no one in Bioware played the game enough and asked themselves 'Am I having fun'? They played the game and said, this should be good enough to get half the number of Wow.

After D3 I believe Blizz are in a crucial phase, they appear to be losing their desire to make seriously fun games. I hope they'll get it back, but one thing I know: EA hasnt had that for 2 decades.

News Comments > Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale?
19. Re: Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale? Jun 8, 2012, 02:37 s1mon75

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 02:03:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 00:54:
... they could turn CoD into an Xbox-exclusive and force Blizzard to make Xbox exclusives too.

That would be a fate very deserving for Blizzard. Please let this come true...

How is that deserving? Blizz has supported PC's since the beginning of time. Personally I wouldnt own an Xbox if I was given one for free, but im certain a Blizzard created console game would rock.

News Comments > Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches
13. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 08:26 s1mon75

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2012, 04:01:
I don't understand why EA is putting any money into this. It's not helping the brand and probably won't generate any meaningful profit. They should just leave the brand alone until Generals 2 comes out and hopefully makes it relevant again.

One Hyphenated word "Micro-Transactions"

To all the Blizz haters who said "D3 was only only successfull because people have been waiting forever for this game, and will buy it only for the name" Remember what you said when this comes out

News Comments > The Old Republic Free Weekend
19. Re: The Old Republic Free Weekend<br> The <a href= May 16, 2012, 21:37 s1mon75

"Individuals can download the game as soon as the Weekend Pass begins"

So EA want people to spend a lot of their 'Free' time downloading the game?

To be brutally honest, EA have no idea how to treat gamers.

As someone said here previously, just make it F2P and get it over with

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back
23. Re: My favorite part... Apr 15, 2012, 11:29 s1mon75

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 18:57:
The problem with your math is that Blizzard is probably the slowest developer out there. Most companies could bang out that same amount of content in half the time. Plus, everyone making games today has a lot more experience and knowledge and much better tools. So that's also a major advantage.

Your entirely correct. Except you missed the point about polish, no one has the ability to polish a game as much as Blizzard does. Their next MMO, codenamed Titan could stay in development for another 5-10 years. Want to know how they can do that? Because no matter what it is, Titan will be a huge success. They play the games they make, over and over again. If you played Wow from the start you will know that Blizzard has refined the game a huge amount. I played EQ2 recently (7 years of Wow is getting to me ..) and found that I have to click 2 times to move an item from my bags to the bank. Sure, its just an extra click, but when I need to do it 20+ times its bloody annoying. It shows how EQ2 developers never play their game, otherwise they would fix it. Wow introduced right click into banks before the first expansion. And thats just a simple example, the EQ2 annoying list is HUGE.

tl;dr Dont compare Blizzard to other developers, no one comes close. Maybe Valve .. but they need new IP's, not rehashed / stolen ones

News Comments > Notch's Space Adventure Plans
26. Re: Notch's Space Adventure Plans Mar 19, 2012, 03:08 s1mon75

Prez wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 20:36:
I like how he felt he had to describe what he meant by "space game". I suppose he suspects otherwise we would take "space game" to mean one where you organize a closet one block at a time to make more space for more blocks!

I would copyright that, sounds like a game EA would make.

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga Correction
8. Re: Wing Commander Saga Correction Mar 18, 2012, 18:40 s1mon75

Teddy wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 17:07:
Just wait until it's released and shows any signs of popularity. Then it'll get stepped on and EA will announce an official Wing Commander reboot or something like that.

Quoted For Truth. Knowing EA, I'm willing to bet this will happen.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
34. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 18:26 s1mon75

Quoted; because this guy knows what he's talking about.

Too add to this knowledgeable piece Blizzard is creating Titan, their next MMO. This will be the game breaker and teach gaming houses such as EA that you can have an original idea for an MMO and monetize it to rake in the cash yet again.

Why dont gaming housing learn from Blizzard's philosophy? The haters love to whinge about Wow, but its still king and making stupid amounts of money

Fion wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 15:44:

This also reminds me of the days of EQ, when people never thought the genre could grow beyond a few hundred k subs. That it was just a niche. Then WoW came out and proved it could have mass market appeal. But really as huge as WoW has become, I think it's the tip of the iceburg.

Gaming is becoming the primary medium of entertainment throughout the world. The movie industry is stagnating, as is the television industry and the music industry. Every year the number of gamers increases and we really are to the point that even the casual people (which is an absolutely massive group) are beginning to get into main stream gaming more and more. So the next great MMOG could have numbers that make WoW's success seem like EQs. Ten million players? Pff that's nothing given the potential of the genre.

I'm not saying GW2 is that game, but if it's successful it might give publishers and developers the drive to realize that they too can strike out and make a great and unique MMOG that one day could be played by tens of millions of people all over the world.

75 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo