Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for s1mon75

Real Name s1mon75   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname s1mon75
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2011, 22:10
Total Comments 75 (Suspect)
User ID 57141

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Return
7. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return May 12, 2013, 02:27 s1mon75

*yawn*

Typical comments from those who no longer play. Myself included. Im just not as jaded =)

The question is, when they release the expansion. Which they will be making right now, will you buy it and play?

D2 was average before LOD came out, im willing to bet this will follow suit.

Say what you want about Blizz, they still listen to their customer more than most developers / publishers out there at the moment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
35. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 9, 2013, 23:25 s1mon75

Darks wrote on May 9, 2013, 10:23:
s1mon75 wrote on May 8, 2013, 22:44:
I honestly thought it would be much lower. Ive canned my account a few months ago. Not bad considering its been active since 23rd Nov 2003. Thats a long time to play a game, any game in fact.

As Op said, Bring on Titan!

Did I understand you correctly when you said, you just canned your account and you had been paying for it since 2003?

Have you run the numbers on this? you paid around 1700.00 dollars for a game.

Not knocking you, I get that you enjoyed the game. It makes me laugh at people who complain about playing a Free MMO like NWO and bitch about spending a little cash on the game to get some of the more unique items and then call it pay to win. If someone is willing to pay a monthly sub, like you did, I fail to understand how buying something like ZEN in a game is really any different in the end.

I dont feel knocked, its a bloody fair point!

If you add the amount of name changes, server transfers etc its closer to $2k

Its been a while since ive added them all up, but I have around 300 RL days played .. Lets say that $2000 investment, at over 7200hrs play time works out to be 0.27c an hour.

Personally I have no issue with that. If I worked out my per hour of gaming per how much ive spent my MWO or WOT accounts it would be a shed load higher.

As an older bloke, I can safely say all of the above has a much higher return on my investment and was cheaper than my first night in Vegas. Coke and Hookers are fucking expensive@!

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 8, 2013, 22:44 s1mon75

I honestly thought it would be much lower. Ive canned my account a few months ago. Not bad considering its been active since 23rd Nov 2003. Thats a long time to play a game, any game in fact.

As Op said, Bring on Titan!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 14, 2013, 23:05 s1mon75

Fuck me, never going to Player Attack again (not that I made it there). Force me to enable cookies so I can skip an ad?

Fucking shit website is shit

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
8. removed Mar 30, 2013, 20:54 s1mon75

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 31, 2013, 07:18.

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
73. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 20:31 s1mon75

By 'Free Game', im sure they mean 'Free DLC for SimCity that would have shipped with the game had it been released 5 years ago'  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced
19. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 15:09 s1mon75

Fuck Season passes. These pricks wont get a cent from me.

I want to unlock portions of the game by playing the game, not opening my wallet. Didnt I pay full price the first time?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
42. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 20:45 s1mon75

Cutter wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 20:13:
Seems to me that the people complaining about our complaining don't understand we're all old, smelly, GET OFF MY LAWN! men now. They missed the halcyon days of gaming when it was a very small industry and it was a real geek hobby. When devs were making games because that's what they wanted to do and if they happened to make some bucks at it that was just a bonus, as opposed to everything now being mainstream and entirely profit driven.

Almost everyone and their dog is a "gamer" now. I was doing PnP in the early 80s and BBS' and MUDs too. My girl/friends back then used to look at me like I was a weirdo involved in some cult. Now it's just par for the course. As a real geek gamer, things were better then. Now it's just been this slow downward spiral into mainstream mediocrity, so yeah we get pissed off. Fact is we still love games and gaming, but the real gems are few and far between these days. The upside is at least KS has been a breath of fresh air that harkens back to the days of yor. We'll just see if it all pans out or it was just a nice pipe dream over the next couple of years.

Fact is, as a consumer - and not just a gamer - everyone should get pissed when you're expected to pay more and get less, when quality and quantity go down solely for the sake of expediency and profit. Maybe some of you are fine with being treated like 5 dollar whores, but I expect to be wined and dined like a $1000 a night call girl for my consideration.

Now I know why you sound old and bitter!

But your quote pretty much sums up my opinion of the current generation of developers and games, bar a select few. Well said sir!

News Comments > Edge: Valve, Mojang "Greatest Developers"
10. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 14, 2013, 11:46 s1mon75

Valve? Except for Halflife 1 and 2, all their games are reiterations of other peoples games or mods. Blizzard? Same deal, great developer but mostly their games are rehashed ideas from other games.

Valve is responsible for 'saving' PC gaming with Steam and its, in my opinion, the best DRM currently out there.

But hey, we cant all agree who should be #1, right?

News Comments > Free StarCraft II Name Changes
12. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Jan 14, 2013, 06:28 s1mon75

Mehh, I still have my first free name change up my sleeve.

Im too old to go changing my name every 5 minutes

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
16. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2013, 06:27 s1mon75

"HBO isn't in the content business, they're in the subscriber business."

Business changes, consumers change. If they dont, they go out of business.

Or they lobby governments to continue to support an archaic business model.

Their business model is dead, they just dont know it yet.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2013, 12:21 s1mon75

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 08:26:
s1mon75 wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 07:34:
Sweet! This means for 10 years or more I, as an Australian will be forced to Pirate HBO's content if I wish to watch it within a reasonable time frame.

like you actually need a reason to pirate tv shows..

gimme a fucking break

And you know this how? Mate, I earn $180k a year, have a custom built, dedicated cinema room. My bluray collection is epic, and it should be, I would hate to think how much its cost me. Yet I still can not buy the bluray edition of Game of Thrones Season 2.

I am forced to Pirate, not because im a cheap ass, but because I cant get access to high quality TV shows and movies. Unless I wait 6 months to a year.

Dont believe everything you hear in the media, its unbecoming and makes you look like a bloody idiot.

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2013, 07:34 s1mon75

Sweet! This means for 10 years or more I, as an Australian will be forced to Pirate HBO's content if I wish to watch it within a reasonable time frame.

*the above was sarcasm for those with lower intellects* (eg, EA customers)

News Comments > Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced
7. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 05:27 s1mon75

siapnar wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 23:19:
I really want to try the expansions, is it worth upgrading to premium? $50 seems kinda high when I've already got BF3 limited edition with Back to Karkland

Im in the same boat as you. But my decision is fuck paying more for a game where developers like BLizzard will just supply these 'minor updates' for free.

Fuck EA

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2012, 20:36 s1mon75

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 18:37:
SWTOR didn't fail because people didn't want to pay a subscription. It failed because it just isn't a good game.

The fact that they had such a high population, in the beginning when people bought it knowing there was a monthly fee, sort of debunks the notion that people were unwilling to pay a subscription fee.

This. A lot of us had up to 8 years of Wow and we want something new. Yet we got a bloody lame attempt at a clone.

News Comments > Chris Avellone Interview
13. Re: Chris Avellone Interview Dec 3, 2012, 09:30 s1mon75

Bhahaha "They don't really want a PC-only title, because that's not going to maximize their revenue". Continue to make shit and you wont make money.

The above is the same reason why a lot of publishers have moved away from Demo's. There is a lot of shit out there, and 20 minutes or less is all i need to decide if a game is worth buying.

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
35. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 2, 2012, 10:23 s1mon75

By "supporting PlanetSide 2 for more than a decade" really means micro-transaction shit will get priority, not the usual bugs SOE loves to ignore. EQ2 is my case in point  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 29, 2012, 05:34 s1mon75

jimnms wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 22:49:
Shok wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 20:38:
Please note that due to extreme server load it may take some time to get your game, but we are working around the clock to alleviate the situation.

Pro-tip: Use Steam next time.

Or better yet, use GoG.

Or even better yet, Bittorrent.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 22:13 s1mon75

Most of you will be too young to remember, but the west fought a Cold War against the Soviets based on the assumption if you lived in a Soviet block state, you had no rights. Had no freedom of speach, nor could you protest in the streets. Today, I see how our rights are becoming more and more eroded, and the western governments are absorbing this mentality of authoritarianism. To Quote the legendary Ben Franklin "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year
3. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 14:50 s1mon75

Seriously cant wait for this either! Played it through a few times back in the day and im very excited about doing it all again.

Woo Hoo for classic RPG's!

75 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo