Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kosigan

Real Name Kosigan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosigan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2011, 20:24
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 57137

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Combat Mission: Fortress Italy Aug 3, 2012, 14:09 Kosigan

Really enjoying the game - bought it on a whim as I was impressed with the graphics and updated interface.

Had tried to get into the other Close Combat series in the past, but was unable to for one reason or another. The modeling in this game is great, love seeing my tanks rolling around - they even modeled the gears, engine parts, ammo storage etc. on the inside of the tanks if you clip through them. Had one epic moment where my one paratrooper detachment of three guys flanked two squads of suppressed Germans and made half of them surrender and the rest flee - only to be cut down :).

Game has a great tutorial (I just printed the pages off from the PDF) that finally made me start to understand the mechanics of the game. Seems polished, no bugs encountered so far. The performance is mostly pretty smooth; I forced alternate frame rendering 2 for my SLI and that definitely helped things out some more(only have a flickering main menu as a consequence).

Been waiting for a game to satisfy my Close Combat itch for a long time, and this definitely seems to be doing it so far!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"
21. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta Oct 17, 2011, 12:30 Kosigan

BF2 had great keybinds and joystick support. Very fond memories of dodging missiles and skirting between buildings and pulling of some crazy maneuvers in my Cobra with a competent gunner. The flight with the joystick just felt "right" in that game.

BC2's support was the worst I've ever seen in this regard though. It reversed the rudder axis, and you had to do some funky work-arounds to fix it - even then, the sensitivity and deadbanding was fubared, I just didn't feel like putting anymore effort into it.

Come on, I'm sure just a few of your programmers working on simple joystick input for A DAY would be perfectly sufficient, that is if you could ever stop sucking on thumbsticks.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Further Oct 14, 2011, 22:38 Kosigan

Bravo :).  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 14, 2011, 18:15 Kosigan

Paternalism at its finest.

You know, childhood as we know it is an invention of the 20th century, closely tied with the rise of marketing campaigns and the like. Oh, but the Baroness knows better right? Mind your P's and Q's sonny!

News Comments > Space Marine Postmortem
1. Re: Space Marine Postmortem Oct 12, 2011, 21:40 Kosigan

It's alright Relic. You guys rock anyway. <3 Homeworld  

News Comments > Midday Tech Bits
11. Re: Midday Tech Bits Sep 30, 2011, 16:29 Kosigan

My Xonar STX with 2xLM49720 op-amps would fanatically disagree with the TechReport article. Listening to music on this thing vs practically any other source I've heard is just fantastic, especially with the new op-amps. The card already has a great amp for the RCA out, making my PC Harman Kardon (sp?)'s sound as good as they can. ASUS has definitely made the best sound card I've ever heard.  

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo