Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Helgi

Real Name Helgi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Earlyworm
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Steam User: Plabbi
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 18, 2011, 22:44
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 57107

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
3. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 19:13 Earlyworm

Redmask wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 18:54:
Fantastic game, nice to see EA doing these things to improve its image.

Really nice gesture. Too bad for me that I already own it, but can't complain really, I have been enjoying the last freebie Bejeweled 3.

I can't understand the hate for Origin.. it's a lightweight client that does what it's supposed to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
19. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 23:30 Earlyworm

Task wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 21:58:
Look at you guys rambling on about F2P and gold ammo. I just loaded the game up to check, and sure enough you still have to buy "best" ammo with gold. I did not see any silver option.

The silver option is there even if you did not notice it.
I load c.a. 10% APCR ammo on all tanks in case I need it for a battle winning situation, but use well under 1 round per match on average.
I have never bought APCR with real money.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
16. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 17:22 Earlyworm

Sempai, your post made me really re-think my love for Steam. It seems like my whole 100+ game collection is just one unjust decision away from being taken away from me.

There is a lot of hate for Origin in this forum, but at least they seem to have a proper customer service.

Fortunately there is always Pirate bay as backup as well.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 21, 2014, 15:53 Earlyworm

Well, from a personal perspective I made an effort of watching the last Dota 2 tournament without knowing anything about the game. I wanted to see if this would be a good spectator sport for casual spectators like me. I did after 2-3 battles understand a bit of the basic rules, but most of the big action which made the crowd go wild, just made me confused. Too much going on, too quickly. CS GO however, that was very easy to follow, much simpler game mechanics and quicker battles.
So I personally would favor CS GO over DOTA 2.

News Comments > Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players
16. Re: Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players Aug 13, 2014, 15:43 Earlyworm

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 23:20:
Primalchrome wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 17:50:
Out of curiosity, I'd like to see numbers on concurrent players.

Well, as I type this there are 32k+ online US West server. I don't know if the online user total is combined with US East, or even Europe.

I can see that the EU servers now have 153k online players for the PC version.
I am a very active player (around 12000 battles under my belt) with a few Tier 10 tanks and am grinding a few more lines. Free-to-play but definitely Pay-to-progress, I have been paying for premium account for almost 2 years by now at $10+ per month so this is already my most expensive game ever. But it is very addicting, as has been said, you always have time for just one or two battles.

The gameplay varies a lot by tiers. I almost never play low-tiers.. feels like cheating to roll over noobs. Tier 5 is where it gets interesting, tier 8 is most fun and tier 10 is where the pros are and my win rate drops below 50%.

News Comments > VR Game The Assembly Announced
12. Re: VR Game The Assembly Announced Jun 12, 2014, 18:00 Earlyworm

Quboid wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 17:08:

I already hate horror games in my DK1. That shit's just not enjoyable.

I couldn't agree more.. I am really not excited about all those horror games after I tried a few on my DK1 (e.g. Affected)
They were simply too much for me - it was too real!

Eurotruck simulator was however fantastic.. except for the low resolution of DK1.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 11:27 Earlyworm

Study: Stop Being So Cynical, You Could Give Yourself Dementia.

You better watch out, Cutter

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
44. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 17, 2014, 09:06 Earlyworm

Thanks jdreyer for the video link. It makes me realize just how "from the future" Crysis was at the time. I loved the game to bits when it came out and never understood how anyone could say a bad word about it.

News Comments > World of Tanks Update Status
2. Re: World of Tanks Update Status Jan 16, 2013, 13:14 Earlyworm

It's pretty damn fun alright.
I started out with the aim to only play "for free". Now 3 months later I have spent more on this game than any other.

If you want to play in clan wars then you need multiple Tier X tanks, and with the exponential xp / credit requirements by tier then you quickly give up and reach for the wallet..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 20:04 Earlyworm

Thanks for the site Blue, I have been a regular reader since some time before you moved to this domain. I think I remember reading Quake development news, where John Carmack was describing how they were building c.a. 200 polygon character models. Since Quake launched in June 1996 then it must have been long before that.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2012, 17:33 Earlyworm

Exactly, I never understood why they haven't implemented some form of multiple profiles for Netflix, it mixes recommendations for the whole family together until it is pretty worthless, confusing mess.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 18, 2012, 22:26 Earlyworm

I would hate to see Netflix go.. then I would have to go back to the pirate bay.
Netflix is exactly how I want TV to be and I don't care if the shows are a few seasons late since I am discovering new series all the time.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2012, 16:33 Earlyworm

Well, stereoscopic gaming is ok, I have a PS3 in the living room hooked up to a 55" 3D TV and it is fine for occasional playing. At least it gets used more for gaming than 3D movies (fargin premium price of 3D blu-rays)

I got a benefit when using it with Hustle Kings (pool game) and I liked the increased immersion in The Fight: Lights out

But stereoscopic gaming is just the beginning, we will really see the benefit next year when proper HMD's come to the market (i.e. Oculus Rift v2) with head tracking.

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo