Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 3675 (Veteran)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow
26. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 19:26 Fantaz

A lot of people are selling their PS3s now after The Last of Us (which is also the last good PS3 game), so maybe Rockstar is too late? I'll be waiting for the PC version for sure.

ItBurn wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:21:
Also, this: pic from reddit

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 15:45 Fantaz

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 15:18:
The Last of us is a great CONSOLE game.

Is it just me, or was this first half of the year about the crappiest PC gaming experience in recent history. Aside from Dust I can't even remember a single game that wowed me. And maybe a mild "yay" for Bioshock Infinite for smart story and cuddly companion (and terrible shooter gameplay) and Metro: LL for great atmosphere and TERRIBLE SHOOTER GAMEPLAY (Boss-fights for soddings sake!)

Honor mention to Euro Truck Simulator 2.. which is the damned most stupid game I ever got addicted to. And I still love it... weirdly relaxing ;p

And 2nd Honor mentions to Farcry Blood Dragons and Brütal Legend ;p

But aside that, I was bored to death when it came to gaming..

PC gaming is dying, bro...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days Jul 3, 2013, 21:36 Fantaz

Game of the year right here! graphics don't makes games, people.. story does!  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Independence Day Trailer
6. Re: Saints Row IV Independence Day Trailer Jul 3, 2013, 21:35 Fantaz

nin wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 18:51:
More text based adventures! Already preordered!!!!

YES!... YES!!

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 3, 2013, 20:26 Fantaz

Call of Duty Ghosts guys are copying the skyscraper collapsing stuff in their newly announced Free Fall DLC map. they're just going to keep copying each other, it's sad...  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 3, 2013, 20:23 Fantaz

Douglas Engelbart invented the computer mouse we know today after taking a hit of LSD (true story)

R.I.P.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Whatever
3. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Whatever Jul 3, 2013, 16:09 Fantaz

is it just me or does Titanfall look like same old regular Halo/Call of Duty crap but with mechs?

I was very unimpressed with what I've seen so far.

News Comments > Ubisoft Breached
17. Re: Ubisoft Breached Jul 3, 2013, 06:27 Fantaz

I created like a dozen Ubisoft accounts for some free game coupon promo thing and now I have to reset the passwords to all of them just to get to the licenses/keys.  

News Comments > The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow
12. Re: The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow Jul 2, 2013, 15:37 Fantaz

The Walking Dead is such a fucking awesome game series... Telltale Games definitely surprised us on this one. Looking forward to 400 Days!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 2, 2013, 11:33 Fantaz

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 10:13:
If you got Zynga stock, god help you but SELL!!!

"Zynga stock has soared 23% since the company introduced Mattrick as CEO."

Because we know this joker isn't going to save them long term. See the new boss, same as the old boss...

I have Zynga stock and plan to keep... it's finally going up now.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2013, 02:09 Fantaz

Redmask wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 01:13:
nin wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 22:21:
Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 22:13:
This fast an exodus means he was shitcanned for certain. Looks like he was planning for it anyway. Zynga and MS two companies that deserve the failure they've worked so hard to sow.

I would suspect he was given the option to jump, or be pushed. And in his position, jumping looks better for everyone.

Yeah. He was pretty much fired, they just gave him a parachute and let him do it on his terms.

As Beamer said, this to me was in the works for a while and looks as the E3 shitstorm was his final push to resign his shifts at Microsoft and go to Zynga. i posted WSJ link in other comments thread here:
www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=142990/

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 1, 2013, 21:09 Fantaz

"I for one, welcome our smartphone overlords."

they're going to sprout arms and legs!

News Comments > Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga
33. Re: Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga Jul 1, 2013, 20:51 Fantaz

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 19:44:
Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 14:48:
Ahahahaha! Ho ho hee hee ha ha! Leaving my ass! He got shitcanned for sure. And why would Zynga want him? To help pick over the remains of its corpse? What a no-talent assclown!

If he got "shitcanned" he wouldn't have another job. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be, or that the writing wasn't on the wall, or that he didn't go looking because he knew his time was limited, but I don't think he was fired here.

When someone is fired, there's a gap between employment. Here Zynga announced before Microsoft did, meaning Zynga poached him. And he's CEO and on the board, meaning they're most likely paying him a fortune (as was Microsoft, undoubtedly, but this is a position of more power. In a smaller pond.)

No way was he fired. But he likely jumped assuming he would be.

Apparently Mattrick was biking with Pincus already 2 months ago...

"In May, Mr. Gordon hosted a casual meeting at his house in Woodside to bring together their families. Mr. Pincus, brought along his daughters and his wife Ali Pincus, and Mr. Mattrick, a Canadian native, brought his wife to the gathering. After lunch, Mr. Pincus and Mr. Mattrick went for a bike ride, as they discussed what a partnership could look like and how it would work, this person said. During the courtship, Mr. Mattrick also spoke to Mr. Campbell, and other board members."

Source:
http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-266804/

He wasn't fired as much as we like to think of him as such. He resigned probably for greener pastures, where he won't get so much internet hate from Sony fanboys and the like.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2013, 18:31 Fantaz

Julio wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 14:23:
I guess this proves Windows 8 isn't meeting expectations. Trying to force upgrades via DirectX is lame. Hopefully developers skip DirectX 11.2 as a result. We had a story the other day about a developer losing big time going Windows 8 only - hopefully others will pay attention.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any software/hardware requirements for DirectX 11.2 spec, so nobody will force you in getting it.

News Comments > Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga
28. Re: Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga Jul 1, 2013, 18:24 Fantaz

NeOCidE wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 14:28:
For those of you without a constant Internet connection, we do have another device that's offline; it's called the Xbox 360.

Rofl.

What total tosser

The worst comment made from a game industry member at this years E3...

Just plain stupid.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2013, 18:19 Fantaz

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 13:43:
Take off to the Great White North! Take off, it's a beauty way to go!

Eh?

News Comments > Strike Vector Trailer, Greenlight Campaign
6. Re: Strike Vector Trailer, Greenlight Campaign Jun 28, 2013, 04:43 Fantaz

Without story it's just an arcade game... it looks pretty decent though. But not sure in what way it resembles Quake 3 at all?  

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
24. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 04:24 Fantaz

Capitan wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 02:55:
Now maybe they can take out a new course and make sure to give us joy of gaming back?

Give power back to the community!
Let us be able to map, mod and host our own servers. In the old days we had the power to set our own rules and if there appeared someone shady character, who cheated, he/she was instant banned.

It used to be laugh and jokes on the servers. Now it's just a damn chaos and kids screaming "noob" to the right and left.

Please id Software, give us the joy of gaming back!

didn't Bethesda (ID Software) release the Rage SDK Tool Kit, along with idStudio world builder near the beginning of the year? what has come out of that so far?

News Comments > State of Decay Also RC in Oz - SR4 Explanation
8. Re: State of Decay Also RC in Oz - SR4 Explanation Jun 27, 2013, 02:58 Fantaz

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 19:30:
I've heard good things about SoD. I hope it comes out on PC.

And yeah, it's strange that it's been denied. The Aussies have made some films full of violence and drugs, much worse than these games, like The Loved Ones and Animal Kingdom.

Yes... please come out for PC!!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 27, 2013, 02:52 Fantaz

so the new DirectX 11.2 enhancements and features are basically just mostly for mobile tablets/devices, right? ...or are there benefits with DX11.2/Win8.1 for PCs as well?  

3675 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo