Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 3723 (Veteran)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 22, 2014, 01:57 Fantaz

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 22:09:
PropheT wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 22:03:
Destiny went from being a game I knew absolutely nothing about to a pre-purchased obsession after playing it this past weekend. I was just about to hit the level cap for the beta on my third character when the servers went down last night

I don't even usually like console shooters, but there's something really addictive about it.

Totally agree. It didn't really all click into place for me until Saturday, and then I was totally hooked. I'm going into withdrawal today, and the break between when the beta ends and Sept is going to feel like forever.

I thought I liked the lock, from the alpha, but this time I'm totally hooked on the hunter.

...but there's so many better more addictive shooters out there also!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
17. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 18:24 Fantaz

please bring back Quake!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
89. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jul 11, 2014, 15:52 Fantaz

i'd pay full price for this game on PC at launch... it's that good!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlefest
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlefest Jul 10, 2014, 00:27 Fantaz

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 22:43:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 21:00:
If your camo is helping you stand out on the battlefield, is it really doing its job? I think I want the kind that helps me not stand out.

heheheheheh Just shows you how out of touch they are.

well you'd be surprised how many gamers actually do want to customize their skins/camo and stand out on the battlefield. we're living in the DLC generation, where kids and young adults get a virtual high whenever they unlock an achievement and also when they win/buy some virtual goods. who cares about the gameplay? it's about the dressing up your virtual doll and filling up the stuff in your doll house!

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
11. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 9, 2014, 23:49 Fantaz

I wonder if this game will be moddable, so we can use these assets and recreate the entire original Alien movie in the game.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 9, 2014, 03:29 Fantaz

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 22:19:
Bitcoin has had multiple positive news stories this year, but Blue continues to only post negative story after negative story. He is probably a doge shibe.

please give examples of positive news. because i am curious and would like to see. thanks.

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
25. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 9, 2014, 03:03 Fantaz

another day another new MOBA game announcement... boring!

and what's with the indie band hipster music playing in the trailer? the desire to be hip and trendy is obviously noticed with this one, and may come off as a bit forced.

News Comments > Fortnite Trailer
2. Re: Fortnite Trailer Jul 8, 2014, 21:20 Fantaz

is there any chance that you could switch to first-person or is this purely 3rd person game? i hate consolized 3rd person games, and it looks like this game could easily be done in 1st person.  

News Comments > Perfect World (and Food Company) Acquiring Digital Extremes?
3. Re: Perfect World (and Food Company) Acquiring Digital Extremes? Jul 8, 2014, 14:53 Fantaz

thanks, i signed the change.org petition.  

News Comments > C&C: Online is Online
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 7, 2014, 03:59 Fantaz

Sepharo wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 02:09:
LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 22:19:
Yes, they force you to buy their stuff with the Jedi mind trick (sarcasm).

Businesses are in it to make money, but since you guys think it is so easy, donate for a year's worth of service! Oh wait, that takes money (gasp)!

Haha what? Is this real?

"Playing on our server is absolutely free, but donations to our server are always welcome and needed. [...]"

News Comments > C&C: Online is Online
1. Re: C&C: Online is Online Jul 6, 2014, 19:53 Fantaz

EA should do something about the multiplayer instead of relying on the community to take care of it. it's the last C&C games to ever come out and it's like they completely abandon support for them! they honestly ran the C&C franchise into the ground and probably nobody cares at this point anymore...

when i have time i'll definitely revisit Generals/Zero Hour if i can find people to play with. to be honest when CnC Generals came out i didn't even play on official servers but instead used VPN and joined IRC channels to find ppl to play with. the lag and disconnecting seemed to be less over VPN rather than using the built-in matchmaking.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
55. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2014, 15:33 Fantaz

fiftykyu wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 21:21:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:26:
@ 50Kyu:

You've got some gems in there:
- Brothers (must have a controller. don't play with kbd / mouse)
- Gone Home
- Gunpoint
- Rogue Legacy
- BG2 (you knew that already)
- Torchlight 2
- Mass Effect

Also, I heard AC4 is great, but haven't played it. And I had a blast with Bulletstorm, although I know there are others who don't like it.

Ok, just finished Gone Home, wow! Short game, but great. Now I'm wondering what other little treasures I may have picked up in previous sales and promptly forgot about...

don't call Gone Home a game! it's not a game!

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Signups
2. Re: Evolve Alpha Signups Jul 4, 2014, 16:55 Fantaz

fingers crossed...  

News Comments > Z Remake Tomorrow [Updated]
12. Re: Z Remake Tomorrow [Updated] Jul 3, 2014, 12:45 Fantaz

i wish EA or someone would remake the original C&C with better graphics... i have very fond memories of C&C1 and has a special place in my heart.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 2, 2014, 22:59 Fantaz

verybad1 wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 21:56:
They're doing it because sports not in the "esports" category are separated by gender and are regarded as more legitimate sports.

Sorry folks, but esports are not sports. It's a game, so call it a game. It can take skill, it can even take some level of endurance, but trying to get it regarded as a more legitimate sport by separating it through gender is about as ridiculously stupid as it can get. There's no clear gender advantage in video games (other than some being played more by one gender than others)

I don't think I can call it biased because they do have female only "e-sports" in their tournaments. It's just plane stupid.

Were there a clear advantage to one gender or the other then yeah, I could understand that, but there isn't, so it's stupid. (Then again, the term esports is also stupid. I love games obviously I wouldn't be here if I didn't) but games aren't sports so don't make up stupid rules that make people think the tournaments are even dumber than they are.

this is very much correct that there is no gender advantage, which is evidenced by all the female gamers streaming on twitch that are constantly beating out all the other players. only backwards societies concern gender, and i feel the world is still in the stone ages sometimes.

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
7. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 10:57 Fantaz

i'd rather want to go see a movie adaptation of the System Shock series.

i remember the Hitman film was pretty decent, and one of the better game based movies i've seen. it did seem to be mostly faithful to the original material.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 1, 2014, 20:29 Fantaz

jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 19:59:
So, I'm thinking, who puts their stuff on sale the day after the Steam Summer Sale ends?

Also, what's the criteria for getting in the Canada Day sale? Are all those games made by Canadian Devs?

yeah, it does looks like all the games on sale are made by Canadians devs.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 17
1. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 17 Jul 1, 2014, 20:27 Fantaz

Evolve does look pretty interesting...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 16:38 Fantaz

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 13:01:
Happy Canada Day, eh!

wooo!

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
24. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jun 30, 2014, 23:12 Fantaz

Cliffy B is an interesting guy in the game industry, and it's fun to have more characters like him around. way better than the boring Major Nelson who just goes after the money. and not like Phil Fish who takes notes from Derek Smart's school of PR, and fully retires from making games but still gets mentioned in the gaming news.  

3723 Comments. 187 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo