Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 3786 (Veteran)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4
14. Re: New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4 Jan 6, 2014, 22:32 Fantaz

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 21:08:
Judging by the looks on their faces, even they know that this is all BS.

Mobile gaming is terrible. I bought a GS4 and was all psyched about the gaming potential. Then I downloaded a few games and found out that they were completely awful. The only games that even come close to being good are the GTA games and you need a MOGA controller for it to be semi-fun. It will be a long time before any mobile games are worth looking at. As it stands, they're all such shallow games with no content. The FF games might be the exception when considering content.

XCom Enemy Unknown is really fun. I'm currently playing through that on my iPad Air. Infinity Blade series is not bad also, but the best tablet games are the direct PC ports and not designed for mobile games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Daylight Trailer
10. Re: Daylight Trailer Jan 6, 2014, 22:21 Fantaz

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 17:00:
Isn't Chobot the one that modeled for Mass Effect 3? Chobot looks so out of place and Jersey Shore-ish in that game lol.

Also what does Chobot have to do with this Daylight game? Voice work?

this is Chobot's game. she's mainly the writer, game designer and is part of a team of 6 at Zombie Studios. surprises you?

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:51:
Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:43:
But you still want to bang the shit out of her, don't you?
Meh, I find Jade Raymond (Assasin's Creed) to be a lot hotter, and not so full of herself like Chobot.

yah! J.R. (at Ubi Toronto) is totally way hotter. im part of the fan club.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
3. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 21:54 Fantaz

the Alienware one looks like an actual console, but the rest look like they're just in computer cases  

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
11. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 14:24 Fantaz

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:54:
Maybe he left because the poor guy just wanted to make some good Star Wars levels for a game. Then when LA leads messed up, he went to Valve and wanted to design and make levels for Half-Life 3, and then when Valve said, 'nah, we're all over at the other tables now, you gotta roll over here bro' he just said enough was enough.

yeh, and WTF is going on with Half-Life 3 anyways?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: EA = Microsoft Jan 6, 2014, 13:51 Fantaz

Tim Collins wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:40:
EA is in brain drain like Microsoft was...and people wonder why boths companies products suck...its cause the people that made the good products don't work there anymore.

oh wow, I just noticed this marks the 3rd high-profile departure in less than a week! mass exodus incoming?

News Comments > Hitman Game Cancelled [Updated]
9. Re: Hitman Game Cancelled Jan 6, 2014, 12:59 Fantaz

harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:40:
Techie714 © wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 10:49:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 10:48:
As a hitman fan, absolution was a travesty to the series. Other then looking pretty it thoroughly pissed me off playing it.

This! Totally agree

yeh it was pretty lame

blood money was the shit

This.

looking forward to the new Thief game tho (maybe just to see how bad it is )

News Comments > Deadbreed Revealed
1. Re: Deadbreed Revealed Jan 6, 2014, 12:57 Fantaz

another new week, another new MOBA game announced. *yawn*...

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 13:11.

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
19. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:56 Fantaz

Tumbler wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:40:
....eh....it's already out and it was on sale for $10 on steam recently. Charging $59.99 for another pc version would be hilarious.

yeah... if they charged $59 for Doom: BFG edition I wonder if it would've sold more.

News Comments > Daylight Trailer
3. Re: Daylight Trailer Jan 6, 2014, 12:55 Fantaz

personally i think game journalists shouldn't be making games, esp. Jessica Chobot who is annoying as hell on IGN.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Rovio Exec: Why New ĎAngry Birdsí Is Free Jan 6, 2014, 12:52 Fantaz

so why is Angry Birds Star Wars 1 still $49 on Xbox One and PS4?  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4
2. Re: New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4 Jan 6, 2014, 12:45 Fantaz

maybe we'll see a tablet with Tegra K1 in 2015-2016... why do they bother teasing us now so early? their press event last night was boring as hell too. crop circles, 3d car dashboard and bongzilla included.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 13:55.

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
6. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 12:44 Fantaz

so after Ubi he went to LucasArts and then Valve... any guesses where he will work next?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 6, 2014, 01:55 Fantaz

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 00:40:
It makes ya wonder on what grounds MS shares are rising. WTF?!? The company's recent track record is full of epic fails.

- Windows 8 = fucked
- Windows Phone = barely anyone gives a shit
- Windows Tablets = even less than barely anyone gives a fuck and they're a rip-off at the current pricing vs. feature set compared to competitors
- Xbone = 'nuff said
- No CEO = The company's been a headless chicken for way too long now (even with Ballmer it was at least a half-decapitated chicken)

So why exactly are MS shares rising again? Because of MS Office?

it's cuz of teh ex-Bone

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
11. Re: Saturday Interviews Jan 5, 2014, 23:11 Fantaz

HL3 is coming?!?

it's 2014!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
18. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 4, 2014, 22:36 Fantaz

peteham wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:51:
Bah. Would be nice if Rockstar could just confirm or deny GTA 5 on next-gen and/or PC. I'd generally consider it to be a sure thing, but because of RDR, I'm not so sure. I want to play GTA5 enough that I'm close to just getting the 360 edition before I pack the thing away for good, but after waiting this long, picking it up would basically guarantee a certain announcement the day after I finish it.. It's not so much the buying it twice I'm worried about, but more the fact I'm unlikely to play it twice, and want the "best" version.

At this point, I suspect we may not know until after a few rounds of DLC similar in scope to TLAD and BTG, or possibly some multiplayer stuff .. Then possibly a GOTY/Complete edition for next gen/PC after that.

yeh... I'm still waiting to play GTA5 for the PC version. played a bit on PS3 but decided to wait, and still have a huge backlog of games to play anyways (currently on the new Mario 3D World Wii U game).

GTA Toronto would be nice... GTA: GTA (Greater Toronto Area)

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 2, 2014, 15:48 Fantaz

Task wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:53:
Indeed not sure of Bioshock - I'm still waiting for System Shock 3 and an end to this 'spiritual successor' nonsense called Bioshock.

I want a return to the classic space-horror game with a Killer AI known as SHODAN. (cuz she's still alive and must be destroyed)

Also the whole "join me hacker, we'll rule together"
Hacker says, "NAH" and pulls out the pistol gang buster style. Most awesome scene ever.

hell yeah!! bring on SS3!

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
30. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 13:20 Fantaz

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:13:
And you still didn't answer my question. What modern PC games do you buy, if you boycott Steam?

none of the games i bought in-store, besides Valve ones, have required me to activate or install them over Steam... and i buy a lot of the new mainstream ones too. I know games like Call of Duty need Steam but those i play on PS3/360 anyways.

as for console/handheld games, i prefer physical copies because i can sell/trade them and at least make some money back. if they become rare then i can put them on eBay and sell for a lot of money too.

27. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 13:09 Fantaz

Panickd wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:56:
Why? If you bought it before it was pulled you still own it and can still download it anytime. They're just not selling new copies. And this isn't just affecting Steam. It was pulled from every digital store for every platform.

Steam has the right to remove a game from your library at any time, it's stated in the terms. we're only renting out games. it's been discussed in Blue's News comments sections on many occasions.

Redmask wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:07:
So you don't buy Xbox games either? They can be pulled the store shelves or removed from the on demand service which has happened before.

no, not from the xbox online marketplace. only get physical. and on Steam only games I play are Valve ones (because i have to).

21. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 12:52 Fantaz

this is why i don't buy Steam games  

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
8. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 14:11 Fantaz

damn hope we don't have reptilians running government here in Canada... get them lizards off mah lawn!  

3786 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo