Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 3780 (Veteran)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Starbound Sells 1M
9. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 7, 2014, 14:43 Fantaz

i want to play this game now. didn't even know it was out yet.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
16. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 13:47 Fantaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnqk12RWWUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlgg9C5XqKE
http://i.imgur.com/q98hVJk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X73qIsD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qkbGloG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2uNXBRX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Xu2mNHH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/u3L6BFW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hOpzueX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jdK9jrO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1Jb935X.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bU1BqD7.jpg

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 11:59:
In Game Footage, LOL!

Fuck off.

no, it's definitely in-game... and it's awesome. I'm shocked at the quality of graphics actually. there's only one Alien in this game this time.

it looks SO DAMN GOOD! the graphics look better than any game ever so far. OMG, they even make Amanda Ripley look kind of like Sigourney Weaver but different enough to only just be related.

I really really hope that the graphics are exactly as advertised. wouldn't it suck of two Aliens games become famous for over-selling their graphics?

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jan 7, 2014, 04:43 Fantaz

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:03:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:03:
Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:08:
I keep it like Cutter, company engages in "sex sells" style ads and they won't sell shit to me. And I dunno where you live Axis, but here ads are generally way beyond that and try to sell to as many people as possible.

But then, I don't see a lot of ads.. not having a TV helps.

I agree eRe4. I was responding to the article's nonsense -- that's what they were attempting to portray not me, I was just using their lame examples.

The only ads I see anymore are on Hulu for my wife and I, which I can put up with since they have the timer and aren't long. And only occasionally as there's only a few shows I watch. I primarily do movies on Netflix (kids ONLY get Netflix) or Amazon, play Pandora most of the time.

Mhhh. Maybe we are not the ones to talk about it then. I am guessing the article talks about game advertising. And I don't see that in my browsing simply because I got paranoid and block everything

I am sure companies doing advertising would rather people do not react like that... but if they only want to target males that can be lured in with that.. ain't my place to complain about that.

Speaking of ads.. did I ever mention that bluesnews is completely non-browsable on a tablet without adblock?

Works excellent on Nexus 10.

non-browsable as in "the ads are obnoxious as hell" working it does fine, it just looks abhorrent with ads. Or maybe it was a specific ad that was doing it. But I had a 2 page break between days with the AD being in the middle.

Blue's News looks fucking amazing on an iPad Air. everyone should get one. 1 lb, feels so light, like reading a newspaper. Nexus 10? pfft...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2014, 04:36 Fantaz

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:27:
Even though I don't play the games, I really wish Sony/Microsoft/EA/Activision/Etc would release a solution to allow players to set up their own servers and continue playing. Then again, I'm sure the MP landscape for these games is desolate at best.

this... Resistance 3 is still pretty new, i haven't played it yet and waiting for a deal on it so i can try multiplayer .

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
29. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 7, 2014, 04:31 Fantaz

I remember Clint Hawking did some nice talks at game dev conferences and such. he comes off as a pretty bright individual and very forward thinking. topics on ethical decision making is very important.

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 03:31:
I smell a mass exodus brewing. Maybe the transition from being a game developer to a console maker isn't for everyone. ; )

as the saying goes, if you can't stay into a triple A game studio then go do mobile games instead. or you could join Zynga and do Facebook games, real easy stuff man.

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
37. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 7, 2014, 04:09 Fantaz

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:28:
Square Enix doing as Square Enix does. No surprises there

it's also pretty much the only triple 'A' game coming out this month (January) so they picked a good time to (re)release this.

we don't need this on PC anyways, Xbone can have it... still better than paying $49 for Angry Birds.

edit: one thing they mention in the FAQ is Kinect. but what about the PS4 camera? why aren't developers using this peripheral at all?

also I noticed this contradicting...

Q: Have any bugs from TR 2013 been addressed in TRHD?
A: Yes. All of the title updates rolled into the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions of Tomb Raider have been included in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

[...]

{ "...rebuild Tomb Raider from the ground up for next-gen consoles."
"...They pulled it apart and rebuilt it with new technology, finally allowing us to reach the vision for Tomb Raider that we always wanted."
"No, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition was built from the ground up for next-generation console technology that isnít available in previous hardware." }

uhhm, so if it's re-built from the ground up then how can the old patches even make a difference at all?! and with a totally new redesigned version of the game you're gonna have new bugs anyway?

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 04:24.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2014, 01:49 Fantaz

WRT54G ftw!

still running after over decade of constant use. built like a tank.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
30. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 01:34 Fantaz

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:49:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:12:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:04:
DOS Days > All

Loadhigh="hahanoway.sys"

I had like 6 boot options and getting Ultima 7 to run with sound and a mouse driver suckkkked. D:
Ahh yes...the good old DOS days. Buy Dark Sun: Shattered Lands for $60+ from EB...then realize you couldn't finish due to a bug. I think after talking to SSI's support it only took 4-6 weeks for them to ship me the floppy with the patch on it.

OMG!! I remember that bug... yeah, I think I had to dial in to a BBS just to download a patch to get past that showstopper bug. such a good game too.

17. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 23:35 Fantaz

DangerDog wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:23:

Valve has already said there won't be any exclusives, even if they did try to do HL3 as an exclusive people would play HL3 and then ditch the OS and go back to Windows.

I don't see this as a reason to ditch Windows as a desktop OS and have no interest in PC gaming in the living room.

I'd disagree. wasn't it the case when HL2 required Steam that everybody chose Steam to eventually be the dominant/leading platform for digital distribution? if HL3 was exclusive to SteamOS it could be adopted as a main platform for gamers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Valve made HL3/L4D3 exclusive to Steam Machine/SteamOS. history can repeat itself. they may say there won't be exclusives but things can always change. the only way for mass adoption is for exclusivity rights, and that's what Microsoft is trying to do with Xbox One for digital TV shows and movies.

News Comments > Eidos Montreal's Unannounced Action/Adventure
2. Re: Eidos Montreal's Unannounced Action/Adventure Jan 6, 2014, 23:27 Fantaz

Thief 2? oh because you know, Thief II: The Metal Age never existed... wankers

3rd person only? pfft...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 6, 2014, 23:21 Fantaz

there was 0% gaming in this press conference. don't waste your time.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 6, 2014, 23:18 Fantaz

nice, I need one of those SS Stratus wireless controllers for my iPad Air. I love my tablet but the touchscreen controls for games just don't cut it.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 6, 2014, 23:08 Fantaz

Michael Bay has the memory and attention span of a fruit bat with ADHD.  

11. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 23:04 Fantaz

siapnar wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:24:
Would be cool if some developers made the full switch to Steam OS and left Windows in the dust, for their upcoming games

Half-Life 3, exclusive to Steam OS. The End.

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:53:

Seriously.

Some people didn't grow up in the DOS days. Windows and DirectX brought PC gaming to the masses.

DOS Days > All

News Comments > New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4
14. Re: New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4 Jan 6, 2014, 22:32 Fantaz

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 21:08:
Judging by the looks on their faces, even they know that this is all BS.

Mobile gaming is terrible. I bought a GS4 and was all psyched about the gaming potential. Then I downloaded a few games and found out that they were completely awful. The only games that even come close to being good are the GTA games and you need a MOGA controller for it to be semi-fun. It will be a long time before any mobile games are worth looking at. As it stands, they're all such shallow games with no content. The FF games might be the exception when considering content.

XCom Enemy Unknown is really fun. I'm currently playing through that on my iPad Air. Infinity Blade series is not bad also, but the best tablet games are the direct PC ports and not designed for mobile games.

News Comments > Daylight Trailer
10. Re: Daylight Trailer Jan 6, 2014, 22:21 Fantaz

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 17:00:
Isn't Chobot the one that modeled for Mass Effect 3? Chobot looks so out of place and Jersey Shore-ish in that game lol.

Also what does Chobot have to do with this Daylight game? Voice work?

this is Chobot's game. she's mainly the writer, game designer and is part of a team of 6 at Zombie Studios. surprises you?

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:51:
Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:43:
But you still want to bang the shit out of her, don't you?
Meh, I find Jade Raymond (Assasin's Creed) to be a lot hotter, and not so full of herself like Chobot.

yah! J.R. (at Ubi Toronto) is totally way hotter. im part of the fan club.

3. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 21:54 Fantaz

the Alienware one looks like an actual console, but the rest look like they're just in computer cases  

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
11. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 14:24 Fantaz

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:54:
Maybe he left because the poor guy just wanted to make some good Star Wars levels for a game. Then when LA leads messed up, he went to Valve and wanted to design and make levels for Half-Life 3, and then when Valve said, 'nah, we're all over at the other tables now, you gotta roll over here bro' he just said enough was enough.

yeh, and WTF is going on with Half-Life 3 anyways?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: EA = Microsoft Jan 6, 2014, 13:51 Fantaz

Tim Collins wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:40:
EA is in brain drain like Microsoft was...and people wonder why boths companies products suck...its cause the people that made the good products don't work there anymore.

oh wow, I just noticed this marks the 3rd high-profile departure in less than a week! mass exodus incoming?

News Comments > Hitman Game Cancelled [Updated]
9. Re: Hitman Game Cancelled Jan 6, 2014, 12:59 Fantaz

harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:40:
Techie714 © wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 10:49:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 10:48:
As a hitman fan, absolution was a travesty to the series. Other then looking pretty it thoroughly pissed me off playing it.

This! Totally agree

yeh it was pretty lame

blood money was the shit

This.

looking forward to the new Thief game tho (maybe just to see how bad it is )

3780 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo