Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 3675 (Veteran)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Never Alone Announced
1. Re: Never Alone Announced May 10, 2014, 11:03 Fantaz

Alaskans? more like the native Canadian Nunavut/Inuktitut people... but it's American's making the game so yeah, why should they say that.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation May 9, 2014, 15:39 Fantaz

DangerDog wrote on May 9, 2014, 01:16:
Retard Overdrive

They've run out of ideas in Hollywood Video Game Town.

i know... it looks laughably bad.

"...and in a lot of ways it's the game that Insomniac's been building up to in 20 years"

pretty sad if that's true. it's like Saints Row meets The Last of Us meets Infamous/Jet Set Radio.

News Comments > Dying Light Delayed
13. Re: Dying Light Delayed May 9, 2014, 15:33 Fantaz

Dead Island was really good... dunno what you guys are talking about.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
19. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 8, 2014, 03:50 Fantaz

dj LiTh wrote on May 7, 2014, 08:42:
Your probably right about the immersion factor. Just about every German (and foreigner) I know here speaks english so i'm sure that isnt helping. Plus knowing the fact that in 3 years i'll be moving from Germany to another country once again doesnt help with my motivation at all either. I know that English comes from German, and i do see a lot of similarities, half the time i can get pretty close to what people are saying. I must have the worst pronounciation in the world though, as anytime i'm at a market or bakery or whatever out in the city i'll try out what little German i do know, and without fail and without hearing a word of english from me, the people almost always switch to english to answer me.

Thats interesting about learning Japanese, when i was in Hungary for a few years i was told that Hungarian has similarities to Japanese and Finnish, which is a weird combination to say the least. I think maybe they were reffering to the inflection part of Hungarian, which always totally screwed me over.

Well I suppose i'll redouble my efforts, though i must say the retention of Rosetta Stone is severely lacking

you should hear Koreans speaking Hungarian... their accent is very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08l7sCPMxqs&t=27s

9. Re: Evening Consolidation May 8, 2014, 03:36 Fantaz

Yosemite Sam wrote on May 7, 2014, 21:17:
nin wrote on May 7, 2014, 20:44:
DangerDog wrote on May 7, 2014, 19:39:
How about a PC version?

Praying for an e3 announcement...

A leak has confirmed GTA 5 for next gen consoles to be announced at E3. Also expected RDR2 to be revealed... of course this is tha intenets, so, you know.

i'd definitely buy GTA5 for PS4. and RDR2 for sure. Rockstar never disappoints.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. May 8, 2014, 03:08 Fantaz

i want Shodan (from System Shock) implanted in my body!

they need dat 8K 8000x3333 res in Oculus Rift strapped to my head, sit me in a chair and feed me intravenously with apple sauce.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure May 7, 2014, 19:43 Fantaz

woohoo!

15gb download. and apparently in 4K!

saluk wrote on May 7, 2014, 19:38:
Awesome! Reviews seem to be pretty positive too.

where can i find a review?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2014, 16:31 Fantaz

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2014, 15:15:
Here's the thing. When you invest that kind of money you have to cater to the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately, it's blatantly obvious. As I've said in the past, it looks incredibly derivative. Combat looks boring, similar to Borderlands, but without the over the top violence that made that game fun. Designs are pulled from popular SF IP: there's the Predator looking alien, there's the Alien-looking alien, there's the giant floating spacecraft a la District 9, the giant spider-tank that looks like the Star Wars AT-TE. That tank looks super powerful, but poses little threat to the fireteams who take it out in under a minute, without even resorting to cover. Say what you will about BF4, but you sure as hell don't stand out in the open when an M1 tank comes around the corner. It looks like it would get very boring quickly. The environments look nice though.

you're dead on with that Star Wars AT-TE comparison.

but yeah, that $500 million budget for a single Destiny title is retarded. if it was that much budget for the whole 4 game franchise then it's understandable.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. May 6, 2014, 16:01 Fantaz

Task wrote on May 6, 2014, 09:08:
that half-life thing looks awesome

indeed it does!

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 6, 2014, 01:27 Fantaz

i want GTA5 to come out on PC so i can play it with KB+M, like i did playing with all the past GTA games that got ported to PC.

anything with a camera needs a mouse to control it.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
41. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 6, 2014, 01:13 Fantaz

InBlack wrote on May 5, 2014, 03:59:
The original UT was nice, but Q3A was better. There I said it. It needed to be said.

nah...

original Q1/QuakeWorld > Q3

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
12. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 6, 2014, 01:01 Fantaz

well it never hurts to have more nice action RPGs.

i'm pretty impressed with the graphics in the trailer coming from an in-house developed engine from a <50 person studio that puts out games quite frequently. can't seem to find a review on it just yet, but the console versions seem to be already leaked out on the net. (who says PC platform has all the pirates?!)

netnerd85 wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:58:
Bought it on GMG for $25

wow, that's cheap... nice!

Mars: War Logs is a pretty underrated game recently released, and was already on sale for just a few bucks. maybe better to wait a year or so and this game might go <$10?

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
9. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 6, 2014, 00:48 Fantaz

Task wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:39:
to be honest, I'd rather play an adventure/puzzle/clicker borderlands like this, rather than the fps borderlands

it seems adventure games are making a rival now. in the next few years point and click games will become as trendy as MOBAs are now. lately it looks like FPS games are heading on their way out and RPG/adventure games are in unlike how the gaming landscape was a decade ago.

"[...] And the loot; donít forget the loot!" ... "The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise"

^ they mention the loot, but what kind of loot are we gonna be getting? will it work for the Vita version?

6. Re: Evening Consolidation May 6, 2014, 00:06 Fantaz

eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:57:
Fantaz wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:40:
0 updates in 15 days, PS3 and PS4 only when PC gamers make up majority of funding source on KS

Uh yeah, not gonna happen.

the reason it cant be on anything but Playstation systems is that the game always used the square, triangle, and circle buttons exclusively. it would be breaking tradition if they went with Xbox controller or PC. tho i would've liked to at least see a Vita version made, i'd prolly still be able to play it on my Vita with PS4 remote play wherever there's a net connection.

I think we poor PC gamers /And gamepad masochists) can find 3 buttons to bind to those 3 buttons Not to mention you can just paint cross, circles and squares on a random button and call it a PS4 controller

I am more worried that they don't give a shit. No updates in such a long time spells doom to a KS.

well from the article there's this being mentioned: [...] ó specifically, Sony systems. That's a decision that has to do with the game's legacy, according to Lesser. "This was a game that Harmonix and Sony made together, so that property belongs on Sony platforms," he said.

maybe $ony is paying them a little bit for them also? (not so "independent", eh) still i think this is worth $20 and will glady fund this Kickstarter. also i think i was in the top 50 rankings online for Amplitude around when it first came out on PS2 and have very fond memories of that game. logged hundreds of hours, and got me listening to electronica music more.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2014, 23:51 Fantaz

eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:40:
0 updates in 15 days, PS3 and PS4 only when PC gamers make up majority of funding source on KS

Uh yeah, not gonna happen.

the reason it cant be on anything but Playstation systems is that the game always used the square, triangle, and circle buttons exclusively. it would be breaking tradition if they went with Xbox controller or PC. tho i would've liked to at least see a Vita version made, i'd prolly still be able to play it on my Vita with PS4 remote play wherever there's a net connection.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2014, 23:24 Fantaz

darn, not happy that i missed the $15 early bird for the Amplitude reboot... worth it for $20 now? i did enjoy Frequency/Amplitude a lot back in the day, but playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero games a lot now may have made me bored/sick of them? also i have some weird vision issues that if i stare at the screen of these kinds of games, where the stage is always scrolling down in the same direction, then after i look away i see movement where everything is shifting and moving down and get a head ache.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2014, 02:09 Fantaz

fact: ESO makes me want to play Skyrim.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. May 5, 2014, 00:35 Fantaz

NetHead wrote on May 4, 2014, 15:52:
It seems Bitmap Brothers either have, or are trying to become the biggest franchise milker in the games industry.

Sure everyone loves pointing to Call of Duty there, though even each CoD is a new game however much it lacks innovation, whereas Bitmap Brothers at best slaps on a few new textures (mostly regarding the GUI) on an ancient game and expect people to eat it up like hot-cakes. These things aren't even "HD" remakes which are already a milking money grab no matter how great the a once was.

Taking this "Z" as an example the biggest difference between the original, which is approaching 20 years, and the new release when looking at screenshots of the newer on steam, is that the GUI map has changed. Pretty much the same goes for "The Chaos Engine", talk about kicking Call of Duty's arse when it comes to milking something.

Don't even get into them milking Speedball because that would make your head turn trying to keep track of all the remakes. The boldest of which was a complete and utter failure which could be seen coming from a year away even before they started talking about their money grubbing micro transaction ideas. Before you try saying Bitmap Brothers had nothing to do with that version "Mike Montgomery from Bitmap Brothers is supervising all steps in the development of the game".

How Bitmap Brothers still has anything remotely resembling respect from anyone is beyond me, that coming from someone who enjoyed some of their games once upon a time.

lol! relax, bro... i appreciate them releasing old games. if they make money with rereleasing their old games then i'd say there's nothing wrong with that. and it makes business sense to always put games at a higher price and then put them on sale so ppl will want to get it thinking they're getting a deal. i never played Z, but read about it in magazines of the 90s and always wanted to check it out. was always more of a C&C guy.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 4, 2014, 18:00 Fantaz

walrus1 wrote on May 4, 2014, 17:37:
Steele Johnson wrote on May 4, 2014, 12:36:
"iOS7 style changes coming to Mac OS X"

Cool, now all the hipster Windows 8 haters have something new to complain about. The general hipster uses Mac OS X for their desktop (because they've abandoned Windows), and Android phones because the iPhone is too "mainstream". So now what will they do? Switch to Chromebooks? Yup! lol

You know a true hipster will say "I stopped sing windows and OS x years ago. I make my own locally sourced and organic OS at home."

gimmie some of dat home grown OS, dawg...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2014, 17:08 Fantaz

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 3, 2014, 10:02:
I'll call that lucky Blue. We've had 5 days of rain here over in Southern Ontario, it's overcast now and they're calling for even more rain and T-storms today, with more rain tomorrow. I say if you can BBQ something up in the morning do it.

And just so the weather can grind it in...or as my grandfather used to say: "And God said, let Canada be pissed on..." 2 days of sunshine forcast on Monday/tues, with 5 more days of rain. I think May is the new April here.

yes, exactly! the weather here in Toronto has not been the greatest so far. tho it was sunny so far today but still windy and cold.

3675 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo