Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 3737 (Veteran)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 1, 2014, 17:01 Fantaz

has anyone tried playing The Forest early access? checked out a few min of gameplay on Pewdiepie's channel. i really wanna try it!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video
12. Re: Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video Jun 1, 2014, 16:13 Fantaz

rocket arena mod/mutator plz!  

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
2. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 29, 2014, 18:48 Fantaz

seems like hard times in the game industry lately...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion Details
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion Details May 29, 2014, 17:27 Fantaz

call of doodie!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2014, 14:29 Fantaz

very disappointing to read about The Order: 1886, as it was one of my more anticipated PS4 titles i was looking forward to... if it's really targeted 30 fps then i can scratch it off the list. the steampunk idea even though hasn't been done in an fps game is still pretty unoriginal.  

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
18. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 14:02 Fantaz

i have a feeling the CoD and BF guys are never going back to the good old WW1/WW2/Vietnam/etc. only games now set in the current day/future?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Sets One-Day Sales Record
14. Re: Watch Dogs Sets One-Day Sales Record May 29, 2014, 04:02 Fantaz

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 28, 2014, 19:19:
[...]

Also, put Shadows on High instead of Ultra. Fixes the lag.

except it really puts the quality of the shadows down when you set it to high. they become blurry. check the tweak guide to see.

NKD wrote on May 28, 2014, 23:43:
LittleMe wrote on May 28, 2014, 22:39:
So is the industry going to take this as a lesson that highly polished game releases are much less important than a glorified but misleading PR campaign? Did this unfinished release damage their rep with gamers?

Ubisoft's reputation for highly optimized PC versions never existed, so it can't really be damaged. They've always preferred the kitchen sink method for their PC versions. Lots of feature support, tons of options and tweaks, but no real time spent on optimization.

Their attitude is that people can turn the settings down or buy better hardware. It's a lazy attitude for them to take, but it's not a new one.

well i'm at least glad they support the PC platform to do a PC simul-launch for a console game such as this. they could be like R* and wait forever to release a PC port of GTA5, or maybe not even at all...

News Comments > Free Battlefield 3 on Origin
17. Re: Free Battlefield 3 on Origin May 29, 2014, 03:00 Fantaz

need to run Origin in a sandbox to get this game. dont want EA's malware to search my computer and stuff.  

News Comments > New Battlefield Details Leaked?
15. Re: New Battlefield Details Leaked? May 28, 2014, 03:23 Fantaz

looks like they may be trying to copy Counter-Strike...

TangledThorns wrote on May 27, 2014, 19:50:
Don't forget they're working on BF Star Wars too.

i wouldn't be surprised if the game they do afterwards will be Battlefield Ponies, for the bronie crowd.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 27, 2014, 23:07 Fantaz

Xbox One pre-order still $399 in Canada while PS4 is $449...  

News Comments > Memorial Tech Bits
7. Re: Memorial Tech Bits May 27, 2014, 02:53 Fantaz

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 26, 2014, 21:11:
The game has the graphics quality of GTA4.. a 5 year old title.. but struggles this much on modern GPUs? I would hate to see what it looked like with the consoles being their "target platform". (I would imagine it would look alot like this launch does) It couldn't be that they were lying about the PC being the target.. could it?

dude, i played it for a while and the graphics are actually quite a bit better. but obviously you need the hardware to back. (i'm running it with 2x GTX 770 in SLI with TXAA 2x at 1440p, and stutters a lot but framerate is good.) the graphics, especially with the in-game cutscenes, look better than any other open world sandbox game out right now on PC. and looks a generation beyond GTA4. (but i'd say maybe only half a generation from GTA5 tho, which was a big improvement over GTA4.) i do agree that PC cannot be their target platform (they really said it was?) because the controls, graphics and everything are completely console centric. i'd actually prefer to trade in my PC copy to play it on PS4 at this point now, if that was at all possible. tho DS4Tool does allow me to use my PS4 controller to play this game decently.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary May 27, 2014, 02:44 Fantaz

harlock wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:40:
after the colossal letdown of xrebirth, this is like manna from the gods

im stoked as a motherfucker for this

ye!

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
12. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 27, 2014, 02:36 Fantaz

jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:51:
NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 14:12:
Remasters of PS3/Xbox360 era games? That would be a colossal waste of time and money.

Really? On the PC, I would love to play some modern remakes of some of my favorite classic games: Homeworld (which is coming out soon), Xwing & Tie Fighter, Dungeon Keeper, I-76 (pure remake OR sequel), System Shock 2 (although still pretty playable with mods), Undying, and a bunch of others.

And I know that I'm not the only one who thinks that way looking at the fan made remakes that are either finished or in progress: remake of the original Half Life: Black Mesa, remake of Morrowind: Skywind, and remake of C&C Renegade: Renegade X.

i hope the Homeworld remake will be good... hell yeah to remaking all those classics, Xwing & Tie Fighter, Dungeon Keeper, I-76, Undying, and System Shock 1 and 2 for sure. should remake the original Thief (when it was good) and Deus Ex also.

it would be fun if Gearbox did a remake of Duke Nukem Forever for PS4/Xbone. and while they're at it, they can also remake Aliens: Colonial Marines for next-gen. (hah!)

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
46. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 27, 2014, 02:28 Fantaz

Sempai wrote on May 27, 2014, 02:01:
Running an i72600k@4.4ghz, gtx 680 oc'd. 24gb 1866 ram, installed on a sammy evo ssd.

Installed 337.88's.
At 1080p w/high settings, mhbao, ultra textures, fxaa, vsync 1, frame buffer 3. And this game runs like a fuckin turd. Oh, it's smooth here and there, along with it being a suttering mess.

I should've bought the damned thing on the PS4..i assume atleast their 30fps would've been optimized and consistent. And what's worse is this game looks like an up-rezzed xbox 360 game w/some nice lightning.

What a fuckin joke.

try high textures instead of ultra, also set high LOD (helps stuttering?), and turning off vsync. the stuttering is very annoying, and surprised it occurs so often given it's installed on an SSD. a vsync of 2 also locks my fps to 30 for some reason. should probably resist playing until they patch the game up. the new Nvidia drivers seem to help a lot, especially the SLI profile.

how's the game compare in performance to the GTA4 PC port?

harlock wrote on May 27, 2014, 01:52:
Redmask wrote on May 26, 2014, 23:18:
Maybe people should be more understanding of the differences but maybe companies should be more responsible with their marketing too. I am not upset about things missing or changed because in many ways thats the nature of optimization and the development cycle but I think you're being too dismissive about how companies manage expectations.

no, its the stupid peoples problem for expecting what they were promised by the marketing

no one should ever expect anything at any time. i mean, thats just common sense

i should just get games having low expectations so that i am pleasantly surprised when it's good. i love that feel.

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
20. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 15:19 Fantaz

NKD wrote on May 26, 2014, 12:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 26, 2014, 12:36:
i7-2600K, GeForce GTX TITAN SLI system at 1920x1080, with every other setting maxed out, and 4x TXAA enabled.
With specs like that they can not even hit 60fps on low HBAO settings 1080p resolution, ouch

TXAA makes a pretty significant performance hit. It's equivalent performance hit to using 8x MSAA. Even on my Tri-SLI Titan setup, I doubt I'll be using it.

TXAA does take a big performance hit, but the payoff is great. it's the best looking antialiasing mode i've ever seen. i think it's worth using it even at 2x.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
20. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 16:02 Fantaz

Fibrocyte wrote on May 24, 2014, 15:26:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:42:
Here is quote from Wikapedia that may look a little too familiar to you Star Citizen nerds. Remember that history repeats itself and I did not write this.......

Originally, Roberts promised features such as automated flight maneuvers, dynamic economies, and a multiplayer mode that could host thousands of players, but diminished versions of these features were implemented in the final release. The game's initial technical demos impressed reviewers, but after the Microsoft buyout and Roberts' departure from Digital Anvil, critics had doubts about the game. Reviewers judged the final product technically good but failing to fulfill their initial expectations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_(video_game)

So lets see he took the money through a buy out!!! and left everyone with unfulfilled dreams.....

HMMM COULD BE MY HOOKERS AND YACHTS THEORY ALL READY HAPPEND!!!!!

So he will probably sell the game in a year and walk away with all 50 million AND BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE BUYER WHEN IT DOESNT WORK OUT...Just like he did last time!

I just don't understand if you don't type in red. Would you please type in red more? Red.

plis stop the red... ahhh, my eyes burn

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded
6. Re: Op Ed May 24, 2014, 15:46 Fantaz

sad...  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
49. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 02:25 Fantaz

signs of a crappy PC port... bad mouselook (not direct input, but laggy console analog stick emulation style, with anti-acceleration), in-game UI controls poorly with KB+m (navigating Aiden's cell phone with mouse emulating right stick, and can't freelook in this mode), poor performance (pauses for a few seconds randoms and chugs at times on best computer), random visual artifacts, bugs, crashes, low res UI (for better 360/PS3 readability?), etc. i am disappointed to hear about these. prolly will wait for the game to be patched up and heavily discounted before i consider it a worthy purchase just yet.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
40. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 22:41 Fantaz

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:38:
It's pretty sad that UBIsoft had such piss-poor timing with the release. Everyone who pirated this fucker is playing it over the holiday weekend, while the rest of us suckers and our useless preorders have to wait until the work-week starts again.

isn't it like that for every game? everything's pirated... this was lucky to only get released on the scene 4-5 days before release, while other games sometimes get leaked even a month early. (ex. Halo games on console)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 23, 2014, 22:24 Fantaz

nice, i want a cell phone watch!  

3737 Comments. 187 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo