Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 3474 (Veteran)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
25. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 15:14 Fantaz

now they're just trying to get attention... pathetic.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 14:49 Fantaz

my plans this weekend are to go back and play old Looking Glass Studios games Thief 1/2, and maybe System Shock 1/2 too if i have time. it's been at least 10-15 years since i last played them so about time to play them again now with mods.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Operations Operation Phoenix
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Operations Operation Phoenix Feb 22, 2014, 03:41 Fantaz

Favela is a good map!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 21, 2014, 20:03 Fantaz

no...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 20, 2014, 22:39 Fantaz

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:23:
It's not worth your time even if it's free. trust me.

Oh, and even the extremely dated looking Titanfall natively supports 2560x1080 resolution at the right aspect ratio. COD: Crap does not.

I know I'd rather be playing my free copy of Thief Gold this weekend rather than some crappy CoD multiplayer with a bunch of inbred kiddies...

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 19:40 Fantaz

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:53:
The free digital copy (of Thief Gold) only requires an email address. And while I didn't see it listed, it plugs into steam just fine.

Go here.

looks like they restocked with more keys now.

so the texture mods and all that work with the Steam version?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2014, 19:36 Fantaz

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:04:
No Blue, the Japanese do not count other countries. All those Asian countries are incredibly closed off, xenophobic and racist. Anyway can't wait to see PS4 explode in Japan and watch Ballmer cry his bitter, salty tears.

I wonder when Xbox One comes out in Japan. (if they will even bother.)

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 18:10 Fantaz

they ran out of keys early afternoon too

I got one, and gonna play it again this weekend

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2014, 03:28 Fantaz

this game is a bad influence on the new generation! it's not good to cheat on a test...  

News Comments > Into the Black
24. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2014, 02:05 Fantaz

Yay!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 20, 2014, 01:58 Fantaz

you never know, his inventions may get adopted. if he's good hearted and with all that money he could make a difference.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Feb 20, 2014, 01:30 Fantaz

[...]
That was when I started to hear a lot from People In The Industry about how people at the studio were unhappy at work. I heard from People in the Industry that turnover at Irrational was very high. More than one Person in the Industry told me that almost no-one who made original BioShock stayed on to make Infinite. At the time, a year out from shipping, Someone Who Worked There told me they believed the studio would close if Infinite didn't sell very, very well.
[...]

i keep reading about great game companies closing up shop every year. there needs to be standards put in place or something to prevent project from going over budget and beyond their scope. maybe they're not using better software project management methodologies or just corporate likes to fuck everything up. i think they could implement all their triple-A ideas, script and lore writing, and design if they just did things right.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2014, 00:50 Fantaz

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 19:25:
Wow, I thought it would take a year or two for XBones inferior hardware to really lag behind what was being done on PS4. I was really, really wrong. It seems like ALL of the third party, cross platform games run better and look better on the PS4 already. Crazy.

well to me the next-gen versions don't look that much better than the current gen ones. just the textures look a bit better but it looks perfectly playable on a $99 Xbox 360. you need a 1080p TV to really notice the differences and still a lot of ppl just have 720p screens. still not worth getting a $499 X Bone or $399 PS4 just for this game.

Xbox One is supposedly able to become more powerful over the cloud, but who knows if and when that happens.

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
2. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 19, 2014, 19:15 Fantaz

Derek Smarts!

Derek Smarts!

Derek Smarts!

we summons you

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
16. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 14:41 Fantaz

Trevellian wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 14:37:
Looks absolutely awful.

And I don't expect Doom to be any better. I wish they'd give Doom some respect and let the name die.

I'd rather see another Doom game than another RAGE game.

a new Quake game would be nice... probably coming right after Doom. would like to see a return to the original Q1 style.

Carmack only programmed the tech for the games, so with him gone the style and gameplay of their games will likely go unaffected.

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
23. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 04:44 Fantaz

added the shortcut kit now in Origin, but release date says "Coming Soon"? they don't even have a simple mod ready yet?

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 03:53:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 01:31:
entr0py wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 00:59:
Woo! Titanfall hijacking!

What I don't get is how PC gamers could be fine with a multiplayer limit of 12 players, no server browser and always online "single player" DRM. If this were Battlefield, Call of Duty or Sim City it would be ripped apart for those shortcomings.

I do like the concept though. I think I'll buy it at about $20, and hope the next one overcomes some of the classic PC gaming blunders.

supposedly there's no text chat either, only microphone allowed... and i agree, it's a huge ripoff at $60.

Say what? What horseshit....

yeh... well it says it's disabled for the beta but so did the Mass Effect 3 beta and then... there was no text chat for retail Mass Effect 3. :/

News Comments > Musical Shooter Chroma Announced
1. Re: Musical Shooter Chroma Announced Feb 19, 2014, 02:25 Fantaz

interesting... i'm a huge fan of music games, and love Harmonix games all the way back with Frequency and Amplitude  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 01:52 Fantaz

Wii U has no games... just die already

also The Order: 1886 graphics look impressive

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
19. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 01:31 Fantaz

entr0py wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 00:59:
Woo! Titanfall hijacking!

What I don't get is how PC gamers could be fine with a multiplayer limit of 12 players, no server browser and always online "single player" DRM. If this were Battlefield, Call of Duty or Sim City it would be ripped apart for those shortcomings.

I do like the concept though. I think I'll buy it at about $20, and hope the next one overcomes some of the classic PC gaming blunders.

supposedly there's no text chat either, only microphone allowed... and i agree, it's a huge ripoff at $60.

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
8. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 18, 2014, 18:58 Fantaz

so who's doing System Shock 3?  

3474 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo