Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fantaz

Real Name Fantaz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 26, 1999, 19:25
Total Comments 4021 (Master)
User ID 571

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
22. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 22:38 Fantaz

wow, this is very good!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 08:51 Fantaz

are they literally taking retail box copies off the shelves?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 24, 2015, 22:48 Fantaz

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:34:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:55:
how is it looking at 1440p?
I was looking into getting a Fury but now it seems like going the 980Ti route is the better option.
I game at 1440p and plan to for the next 1-2 years before jumping to 4k once the gpu's can actually handle it nicely. 2016 at the earliest

GeForce GTX 980 Ti is 5% to 33% faster than Fury X at 1440p across various games. According to This

And I plan to upgrade in 1-2 years as well, to future proof my rig for VR... assuming I am compatible with that tech and don't get sick instantly ;p

Btw, all cards are miles away from the 95 fps limit for VR....

I read that the drivers are still not optimized enough and that after some time the Fury X could actually get faster than the GTX 980 Ti. Also the card runs quieter/cooler because it's fully watercooled, and therefore other components in your case will be cooler as well since all the hot air is exhausted out, so maybe better to overclock the CPU and RAM as a result.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 23, 2015, 22:44 Fantaz

Suikoden III was one of my fav PS2 jRPGs. for $10 i'd say it's definitely worth it if you haven't played it yet.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 22:23 Fantaz

happy birthday Quake and Deus Ex!  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video
15. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video Jun 20, 2015, 22:32 Fantaz

wow, looks much better. why play GTA when you can play this?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2015, 10:47 Fantaz

E3 this year was information overload again! the way i like it.  

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
47. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 17, 2015, 00:13 Fantaz

4D-Boxing wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 18:40:
Drayth wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 18:14:
Redmask wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:46:
The other option is an Acer XB270Hu which I own but wouldn't recommend, I had to RMA it 3 times to get a decent panel, Acer QA is fucking ballsack.

Word on the streets is the vendors are now selling the May batch of the XB270HU and those are far more free of flaws (say that three times fast). I got an April one with zero issues (still feel like I got lucky). The initial March ones were a huge panel lottery.

They print the month it was manufactured on the box.

Edit - and yes, the monitor is goddam amazing. Even the anti-glare coating is great.

Thanks for the info. This is why this is the only board/site i've ever really joined.

Was going for the Acer despite their track record with other hardware but, I may go for the Asus after reading this. A good Acer is better than the Asus option but, it seems to be a dice roll right now.

hah! we had a couple Acer XB270HU FreeSync displays die on us in our department this week, and i think we just got them in a week or two ago. one started dying slowly, with what appeared as corruption on top left corner but then it spread getting larger, and eventually the display wouldn't even turn on anymore. sent back both to Acer for RMA.

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
46. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 17, 2015, 00:06 Fantaz

the Dual-Fiji 8GB card is going to rock your world! and i'm not just saying that because i work for them and have a small bias towards their ASICs, hehe.

it's going to be very good, and also work great with Win10/DX12 coming next month, trust me.

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 18:45:
Bit of insider rumors from my old contacts in the industry for those interested, Samsung has been looking at scooping up AMD for quite some time now. It's mostly to boost their Exynos portfolio in the mobile arena but they would be shaving a lot of the CPU and GPU staff, who would go to Intel and NVIDIA mostly. The discrete GPU part would disappear completely as it currently exists. Samsung is also very interested in HBM (in the mobile space, they back Wide I/O and Wide I/O 2). They are also interested in gaming from a variety of viewpoints, including their TVs and mobile controllers. Samsung is simply waiting for the best time to pick them up; best value, fewest competitors, essentially.

This launch, as expected, has been pretty awful. On the one side they have re-brands that either have too much memory or, in the very least, cost too much and/or use too much power. The new HBM cards, while interesting, might have only 4GB. For those defending all of this, please consider: too much memory (8GB) on the one hand, then a focus on memory efficiency for the 4GB HBM. Those are contradictory moves on top of what amounts to rebrands that bring no lower prices. They're just phoning it in until they get bought out, and that's not even discussing the non-existent CPU side of the company. I'm not biased; I build computers for people regularly and my last 3 have a 280, a 290X, and a GTX 960 (but no AMD CPUs).

"NVIDIA does the same thing." Read the market, look at price histories. You see Intel refreshing the same chips at the same prices over and over again and they hold them there while out-selling the competition. NVIDIA has been doing the same thing for a while now. That speaks of market dominance and it's simply insurmountable in the current economy. AMD's graphics division is most valuable in its research department, their knowledge of memory and memory controllers is unparalleled and that's very attractive in the mobile and console spaces. They are pushing HBM for that reason as even if they fail they will be a good buyout prospect.

that would be interesting if Samsung bought us... i have a friend at Samsung also. haha!

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 16, 2015, 23:49 Fantaz

shame on Valve for not showing up to E3! they've pretty much just become a publisher now.

where's HL3, or even Left 4 Dead 3?! and also HTC's SteamVR is nowhere to be seen.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
4. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 16, 2015, 23:45 Fantaz

very nice!  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 16, 2015, 21:27 Fantaz

none of the other popular game sites or E3 live streams are covering the PC press event, maybe because it's run by a competitor outlet? (PC Gamer magazine) and the host of the show also isn't that good.

though i must say that i'm super hyped for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided! looks really great!

News Comments > Unravel Announced
4. Re: Unravel Announced Jun 16, 2015, 00:27 Fantaz

very nice!! more games like this please!  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 00:11 Fantaz

FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE!! OMFG!111  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2015, 00:09 Fantaz

now Sony should make PS4 backwards compat. with PS3 titles. (HURRY UP!)  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 13, 2015, 15:32 Fantaz

just got an Asus Zenfone 2 2GB and it's a pretty nice, cheap phablet phone.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 13, 2015, 11:05 Fantaz

anyone expecting a Battlefield 5 or Hardline 2 announcement?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Google on Artificial-Intelligence Panic: Get a Grip Jun 10, 2015, 00:16 Fantaz

NamecaF wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 22:55:
Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking are just loons. Like AI will somehow automatically be inherently evil? Look at what we're dealing with...

http://videosift.com/video/Go-home-robots-youre-drunk

haha! that video is so true...

News Comments > Överwatch Trailer
4. Re: Överwatch Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 21:47 Fantaz

i am still very surprised that Blizzard’s doing an fps... well, i like fps games so i like this game! can't wait to try the beta.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2015, 16:02 Fantaz

no Tron 3 makes me sad...

if next Star Wars movie is bad, then R.I.P. Disney

4021 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo