Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JayOldSkool

Real Name JayOldSkool   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 7, 2011, 03:20
Total Comments 2 (Suspect)
User ID 57085

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
69. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Sep 6, 2011, 23:39 JayOldSkool

Dragon: Have you ever watched/listened to Bill O'Reilly or are you just regurgitating what you've heard? I'm guessing the latter.

You're entitled to your opinions, but you should at least do a little research before you post random insults against celebrities. I don't always agree with what he says and the positions he takes, but I certainly think he's able to articlate his position well and without exposing any hidden political agenda. Sure, he leans to the right, but he articulates WHY by using historical and relevant event comparisons. I hardly think that a reasonable person could think that they had been "raped" after listening to him.

Hopefully you'll take the time to entertain pundits from both sides of the isle and develop informed, educated, and well thought-out convictions on the issues of our times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
68. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Sep 6, 2011, 23:29 JayOldSkool

Kudos to EA for their decision. It's completely unnecessary to include the choice to kill innocent NPCs. This does nothing more than let kids fantasize about mowing down innocent people with machine guns and whatnot, and desensitizes them to violence. At least it can be rationalized that when you're shooting enemy soldiers this is a possible real-life scenario in which your actions would be justified. Intentionally shooting at innocent civilians is NEVER justified.

Immersion? Seriously? How about reminding people that even in video games there are things so disgusting you don't do them, even virtually. "It's just a game..." Character is what you do when people aren't watching (or don't know who you are for that matter).

I boycotted MW2 because of their decision to let kids pretend to shoot and maim innocent bystanders, and it will be a long time before I purchase anything from them. I'll be purchasing BF3 on day one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo