Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yewkon

Real Name Yewkon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 26, 2011, 14:40
Total Comments 8 (Suspect)
User ID 57057

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 13:24 Yewkon

Nintendo caters quite a bit to the kids/ non-hardcore crowd. The problem with this is now they have competition from every tablet and smartphone that's been made in the last year or more. Maybe it's not Mario, but who really cares anymore. It's cute and easy to understand how to play and that's all that matters.

Who's going to keep buying Nintendo hardware when it doesn't do much more graphically than tablet/smartphone you already own, but can't do all the other things that your smartphone/tablet can?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Neverwinter Founder's Pack Details
5. Re: Neverwinter Founder's Pack Details Jan 29, 2013, 11:50 Yewkon

In Soviet Russia, Beta testers pay you!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
27. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 13:52 Yewkon

Graham wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:42:
So you're kiting the boss while your pocket healer is keeping you alive?

Sounds like a valid MMO mechanic to me. I seem to recall Grobbulus has a similar mechanic: run backwards in a circle until he's dead (he can't poison bomb the tank, so the mechanics are identical...).

Essentially: STOP WHINING.

Not really a pocket healer as it was the NPC companion that heals you every now and then. I only got the big robot boss stuck on the boxes. I think the others I had to run around in a circle while shooting them. I supposed you can consider it a valid tactic, if the Grobbulus person you're talking about was supposed to be solo-able. I don't think these Flashpoints are supposed to be solo-able.

23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 13:30 Yewkon

Darks wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:10:

The Esseles Flashpoint is a low level FP. you can start it at level 9 and up. but, you would have to be at least a level 15 or above to solo it. There are a few boss fights that are pretty dificult. You defianlty are not going to solo this FP at 10 thru 14.

I may have been level 9 or 10. I can't remember. I was whatever level you would normally be when you reach that flashpoint in the game. I didn't backtrack and come back at a higher level. This was before I was able to PvP so maybe I wasn't even level 11, yet.

Dont believe me? Make a bounty hunter, and run through that flashpoint. Get the bosses on the opposite sides of the stacks of boxes, or for two of them (the jedi at the end, and some other guy) run around in a large circle, keep passing you companion so you get healed. It was ridiculously simply.

My point is: If the Flashpoint AI is so easily exploitable, and doesn't ever 'reset', like in every other MMO ever, what's to prevent people from farming world bosses and the like by exploiting the crappy AI?

20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 13:09 Yewkon

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 12:50:
Yewkon wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 12:38:
So you solo'd the Esseles Flashpoint, but what level were you and what class are you, cause isn't it designed for level 18 or so characters?

That's like saying you were awesome cause you solo'd one of WoW's starter Dungeons (Dead Mines/Wailing Caverns) with a healer...

Level 11 I'd guess. It was just off the starter planet. I did most all the quests so, ya probably level 11. The enemies were all my level or higher. I got 5 nice blue drops by soloing it. Once I realized easily exploitable the AI was, it made killing nearly anything a breeze. I dont think a melee character could do it, but I had no problems with my Bounty Hunter -- run in circles, shoot, run in circles, shoot.. laugh

17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 12:38 Yewkon

It shouldn't be too hard to reach the level cap. I played the weekend beta and was able to solo the 1st flashpoint because the AI is so terrible in this game. Any other MMO would have reset the boss(s) when they couldn't reach me or hit me. LOL not in this game. Run out, shoot a few times, run back behind boxes while keeping the boss on the opposite side... oh and have my sidekick heal me.

If I was able to solo a group flashpoint and had never played the game before, imaging all the AI exploits the long term beta testers know about.

Seriously, worst MMO AI I've ever seen.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
10. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 12:03 Yewkon

Agreed that this is a poor way to roll out this early access.

They could have sent out these emails a week ago, so people could plan ahead. To send the emails on the same day access begins is rather short-sighted.

News Comments > RIFT Six Month Anniversary Celebration Begins
8. Re: gjbloom@yahoo.com Aug 26, 2011, 10:42 Yewkon

Wont play this again, even if free. IT was a decent game at release, but the end game grind really boring fast. There is hardly enough PvP to keep me interested. The devs are old Mythic employees and it shows - no concept of balance and ever releasing that carrot on a stick. I'm plain tired of this concept for an MMO.  

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo