Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1508 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied
16. Re: BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied Mar 22, 2013, 15:21 netnerd85

The old "my friend" not me routine.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week
5. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 22, 2013, 14:28 netnerd85

Techie714 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 14:03:
How are the sniping mechanics? Are they at least somewhat realistic like bullet drop, weather,scope adjustments?
I'm not going to pretend I actually know anything about guns. You can adjust the scope to x3, x6, x9, people have said they want more but I think that's in reference to MP. In terms of the physics, I think everything is spot on. Bullet drops, wind affects it etc much like the first game except more accurately I assume? It's not a sniper simulator but it's closer than any other game out there. (unless theres a sniping sim I'm unaware of?)

In Multiplayer, your scope will shine - giving away your position. I'm not sure of the reasons why, if you camp maybe? or if the sun actually plays a part I haven't worked out yet. The big issue from the original was no prone, but they definitely have prone in. Loud rifles (well, those without silencers) will cause you to show on radar. The silenced rifle(s?) are weaker, you need a headshot to kill more often than not. As with most other rifles you can kill with any well placed shot, so they balanced that out well IMO.

Forgot to mention, Hardcore mode is going to be added in. Not sure if this will be a series of options or just a setting. I'm hoping for options.

Updates, updates and updates. They pushed it out the door with it's pants off but it's running down the street putting them on now Really hope the DLC is great. I'm holding off my review for the "complete" game.

3. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 22, 2013, 14:01 netnerd85

@SpectralMeat, That's not in high quality judging by the sandbags. I suppose I should get off my arse and record some video footage myself.

The gameplay is similar to the original game, give or take some specific gameplay element styles of sniping related activities, except the game mechanics work a lot better.

1. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 22, 2013, 13:15 netnerd85

taking players to an isolated Siberian location where new open world maps invite players multiple paths for solving the new tactical missions
Open world huh, Sounds good to me

Loving this game. The free DLC maps were released, they are awesome. Apparently DirectX11 and dedicated servers are on the way...

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal
22. Re: Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal Mar 22, 2013, 12:29 netnerd85

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 11:48:
El Pit wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 11:27:
Next: id Software's Kickstarter for the next Quake game with only one goal: for just $1,000,000 John Carmack will be part of the development team. YAY!

Stretch goal: For 20 million, they promise not to use the shitty-ass Rage engine.

Creston
The RAGE engine is awesome, you just have NO taste.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2013, 11:03 netnerd85

Water World... Day... I heard the directors cut is good?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 11:00 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 08:54:
Not going to give them the hit traffic for that review and I recommend others ignore it as well.
Done. (and not because you said, I had the same thought lol)

And nice avatar

News Comments > Door Kickers Announced
1. Re: Door Kickers Announced Mar 22, 2013, 09:46 netnerd85

You had me at... Tango Down.

I swear I get a chub every time I hear that phrase

Should I buy, me thinks yes... my wallet is trying to hide though, it's whimpering under the couch, hrmmm.

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Trailer
5. Re: Dead Island Riptide Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 08:17 netnerd85

Krovven wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 05:10:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:47:
we'll see the price.

$32 on GMG right now.
I'll wait for lower and there is no way I am pre-purchasing Dead Island lol

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer
47. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 03:09 netnerd85

Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:53:
well you should post here somewhere after re-installing BF2/1942. As i said earlier, i'll re-iterate: Rose colored-glasses.

SNIP

Re-install, and tell us how well it's aged.
I play them for a bit every year. No rose coloured glasses, they are that good and that fun. That's why I keep playing them year after year. I just don't play them every month, too many other games to play! Plus I don't have much Hard Drive space, really need a new HD. I also play them COOP with my partner.

GRAW2, now that aged a bit last time I played it

45. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:35 netnerd85

Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:21:
i agree with alot of your picks netnerd, but you kinda lose credibility when you say things like: "it's definately not BF4". you mean the game no one's played yet?

for me it would be 2142, cause i just had so much fun playing for various teams in that game. northern strike was so epic, hover sleds, walkers, the goliath, pod spinning. think i clocked over 1000 hours in that one easily.
Of course I haven't played it, but you can tell where a company may go in the future - Yes I'm assuming (and that's bad to do). I haven't seen anything from DICE which would make me think they are capable of creating another great shooter. That's just my opinion, I would like to be proven wrong and see them make something better than BF1942. But that is unlikely to happen.

Tried to play 2142 with my partner but yeah... we went back to BF2: Forgotten Hope 2.

I need... a grease monkey

Dammit, now I'm going to have to install BF1942 and/or BF2 to play

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer
24. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:15 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 18:14:
Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 02:08:
Star Trek has always been about trying to make peace and using communication first when it comes to dealing with other species. The diplomatic approach. This looks more like, shoot first and ask questions later (kind of like what America has turned into). Lame. This game is not going to be Star Trek.

Exactly. Star Trek is about exploration, diplomacy, science, something Abrams and these jerks just don't get.
In the TV show YES.

NEVER on the big screen, face it!

It's not the Wrath of Khan's negotiating skills around the table. It's the Wrath of Khan blowing shit up.

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:13 netnerd85

KTR wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 00:21:
ASeven wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 19:11:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:57:
Could not DISAGREE more.

Battlefield has become a complete joke.

Yeap. BF2 was the last true BF. Everything from that point is DICE chasing the COD money and, like COD, BF is heading towards stagnation and boredom fast. BF3 is just a streamlined POS that got nothing with the depth that BF2 offer.

I will go as far as saying that BF1942 was the true BF. No other BF game has yet to reproduce the scale of BF1942.

Does anyone remember the inside cover of BF1942 (and it's not the complete list of vehicles)?

http://i.imgur.com/yHY6hld.jpg

All those fully controllable vehicles on massive maps...EPICNESS!

I would agree, BF2 was good, great fun but it was no BF1942.

42. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:11 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 19:34:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:57:
Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:26:
BF is the best FPS game on the market, and has been largely unchallenged for a very very long time.
Could not DISAGREE more.

Just out of curiosity, what's the best shooter, in your opinion?
Someone asked me that before, actually I think it was you!

Let's just talk about FPS's here. You have FPS MP and FPS SP. Then you have FPS by platform.

In terms of gunplay? RAGE, by a very large margin. I've never been an id software fanboy though, so don't start on that shit.

I'm more of a tactical shooter fan. Games like Rainbox Six, Hidden and Dangerous (all time favourite game) and GRAW. The third person aspect just really adds to the experience as well as the squad elements.

COD1 would be in the top ten of FPS's, everything else in the series is a disgrace to gaming and should be forgotten

In terms of Multiplayer FPS's, well, Red Faction 1 was the most fucking enjoyable game. Brings a little tear to my eye, I miss it so much, the gaming, the map making a real community.

But Battlefield 1942/BF2 are just great fun to play, with the mods, Desert Combat and Forgotten Hope 2 you just can't go wrong.

But then there's the daddy, Unreal Tournament. The original of course, which I still play. There is no better bot fest.

Goldeneye N64?

There is no best shooter. It's yet to be made and played, but I can tell you right now, it's not fucking Battlefield 3 or BF4.

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Trailer
2. Re: Dead Island Riptide Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 01:47 netnerd85

I think it looks pretty good. Gameplay wise it looks enjoyable, the graphics look the same as the first though. No real issue, we'll see the price.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive Adding Paid Community Support?
9. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Adding Paid Community Support? Mar 22, 2013, 01:45 netnerd85

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:39:
Tanto Edge wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 21:07:
HEY EA YOU THERE!?? YOU GOT YOUR FUCKING NOTEBOOK!? GREAT! SIDDOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP. CLASS IS IN SESSION!

this made me lol.

valve charging for a "season pass" for DLC maps = Amazing

EA doing it = Evil.

the difference is one's by 3rd party modders and the other's by the game's own developers? this is the difference between good and evil... hmm

oh gamers, you amuse me.
I have to agree with you here.

So tired of Valve, they are trying to control EVERYTHING about PC gaming. THIS IS BAD. Valve are greedy evil cunts, why can't you people see that?

They are trying to control the gaming community, the people, they are creating a MASSIVE funnel, just to sell you shit they don't need and to make MASSIVE amounts of money. Just because others benefit A LITTLE doesn't mean they aren't controlling everything Apple style.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Roadmap
16. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 01:40 netnerd85

Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:25:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 00:41:
Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 00:30:
if it was PC only they'd be throwing away 95% potential profit, most people would pirate it.

Holy shit, they've got you man! You are why major publishers pay the PR people so much money to make up complete and utter lies...

The Witcher 2 was offered from the beginning COMPLETELY free of DRM (remember it was the first new title to be released on GOG). That means it took ZERO effort for people to pirate it. That game sold more than a million copies on PC before it was announced for consoles.

yeah, i guess i'm just imagining the PC having a disproportionally higher rate of piracy then the consoles... *roll eyes*
Yes, because you believe shit that publishers say.

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 17:57 netnerd85

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:26:
BF is the best FPS game on the market, and has been largely unchallenged for a very very long time.
Could not DISAGREE more.

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 17:14 netnerd85

DangerDog wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:13:
Game of the year, before it's even released!

http://i.imgur.com/KIpaH6w.png

Dodgy as fuck. We thought GameSpot were bad.

[Edit]

That said, as a web developer... lol, that could just be filler wank...

News Comments > Saints Row 4 CE Survey
15. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 08:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 21:07:
Agreed. I will be very leary of anything over 30.00.

Most of us are going to score it for $30ish from GMG anyways
lol, so true.

1508 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo