Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1607 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mars War Logs
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mars War Logs Apr 26, 2013, 12:28 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 11:40:
Thanks for the first impressions. Can you talk a bit more about the RPG elements and the combat system? The features page makes the game seem like a little of everything and it's kind of difficult to get a feel for its gameplay as a result. Does it play like an action RPG or is it a hybrid like Alpha Protocol?
I played like 30 mins of Alpha Protocol so I'm not sure.

RPG elements. You pick up bits and pieces from flashing garbage and boxes that you can craft into items - actually similar to RAGE. You can experience during combat that you use for Feats and on the skill tree. I guess you get experience for completing mission objectives too. All pretty standard stuff in the tree, combat and health related bits.

You can talk to a limited amount of people. You do have choices but nothing that seems to actually matter and nothing straying from the 3 response formula.

What else... level design is basic but it still looks nice, it has style but just needed more $budget$ love. The animations are shoe string budget.

Combat: can't say at this stage. It's getting better as time goes on, you can do a fair bit by the looks of it, it's just done basic. You can upgrade weapons (definitely) and armour (by the looks of it). Dodge, block, stun, kick attacks...

It looks like they tried a lot with a VERY small budget. I'm guessing you might love the intention or hate the execution. Know what I mean?

I haven't played a lot of RPG games. Two Worlds, Skyrim, RAGE?, Arcania, Dark Souls and others. If you checked out Underrail, I'd call it a mix of RAGE and Underrail if that makes sense.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mars War Logs
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mars War Logs Apr 26, 2013, 11:35 netnerd85

Played 92 mins of it so far, it's good. Being only $20 it feels like a $20 game but it has it's charm or should I say, Innocence

If you want a Mars game, it is that, but so far the world isn't as interactive or full of life as what I hoped.

I paid $16 from GMG, so... I'm happy enough with it so far.

BTW, DO NOT BUY THIS FOR ANY CHILD it has dark Adult content.

News Comments > EA Cuts Staff
6. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 16:14 netnerd85

EA remind me of Veridian Dynamics, or is it the other way round since EA is real  

News Comments > GTA5 Trailers Next Week
11. Re: GTA5 Trailers Next Week Apr 25, 2013, 15:33 netnerd85

The review for "GTA 5" was merely a two word review which simply read....

Mafia and Saints Row shit all over poor GTA.

GTA 2 was the last GTA game. EOS.

News Comments > Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders
9. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 13:01 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:41:
Why does McGee not want to make games at home? Too cheap? Rather outsource then hire domestically?
Because Americans can't make Video Games

Poland for the win!

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 25, 2013, 10:50 netnerd85

First 15 mins of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, apparently you get Bound in Blood if you pre-order so, I'm sold being a new comer to the series.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2013, 22:32 netnerd85

I feel sorry for the USA, they just seem to be getting paranoid and mentally ill from a Gov. point of view which is scary for the rest of us. They see their own people as enemies

"Dems Terrorists is Every wheres!"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 13:40 netnerd85

Yay, Go Nintendo.

So Deep Silver went ahead and shipped the Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition regardless. Option not to buy apparently insufficient.
Indeed, What the fuck is the problem? Sure, they should have had two versions. One of a guys lower half with teeth marks in his shaft. Oh yeah, would have bought that

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 13:47.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer?
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 13:35 netnerd85

Catman? "Mee OW!"  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 03:13 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 23:01:
netnerd85 wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 22:30:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:51:
The review for "Star Trek" was merely a two word review which simply read....
Stop using the same material old man.

The review for "net nerd85's" comment was merely a two word review which simply read....

I...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 22:30 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:51:
The review for "Star Trek" was merely a two word review which simply read....
Stop using the same material old man.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 21:50 netnerd85

OpticNerve wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:04:
For anyone who's played the original DI, was co-op ever fixed? I do remember there being a big issue where people weren't able to connect to each other or if they did, sometimes they would get booted out a few minutes after connecting.

At the time, it was very annoying to not be able to play with friends and I pretty much stopped playing at that point. I also don't remember getting any new updates for the original DI so I'm not sure if that was ever fixed. There were a lot of threads about this issue with no replies from the developer. It's a shame because the game seemed like it was fun but just the general bugginess of the game stopped me from playing after a while.
Never had any of those issues myself.

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
67. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 23, 2013, 03:48 netnerd85

Theo wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 03:25:
Lets face it at this point the IPs been dead for 10 years, i can see this turning out like the AoE2 HD remake; IE terrible
You mean making terribly large amounts of money? It's been in the steam top ten for weeks.

News Comments > More THQ IP Sold
19. Re: More THQ IP Sold Apr 23, 2013, 01:45 netnerd85

Jerykk wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 23:01:
Isn't Nordic just a rebranded Jowood?
No, they were acquired by Nordic. Nordic have been growing.

Besides, Jowood made some good stuff.

Nordic are putting out Deadfall Adventures - by far the best looking FPS game since... ever.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders
9. Re: Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders Apr 23, 2013, 01:40 netnerd85

Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 01:33:
Stop pre-ordering games, people. Remember Colonial Marines? Stop it!

Creston
This is a sequel my dear from one of the BEST developers in all of Game Development - Volition. They don't fuck around, they make gems.

Besides, who can say no to day-before-release preorders at Green Man Gaming for a guaranteed 25% off the price

News Comments > More THQ IP Sold
2. Re: More THQ IP Sold Apr 22, 2013, 20:58 netnerd85

Glad to see Red Faction go to an alright home, much better than ending up at Gearbox or anywhere else one can think of

Would like to see Red Faction (original) get an updated release, you know, deluxe edition or whatever you call them. Lipstick that old baby! I want to play it MP again.

61. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 20:52 netnerd85

Red Faction has a home

A much better home if you ask me. Deadfall Adventures looks amazing (everything the Farm 51 works on does).

33. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 17:52 netnerd85

Kristian Joensen wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 17:38:
This is just a small portion of the Gearbox people involved. Indeed they one thing they did NOT do was publish it. That was 2K Games.
oh... my... god.

In my defense! I wrote that... without having... oh wait no I had some coke... but still I've been over worked!

My mistake. How did I get that wrong. HOW!

(I like Duke Nukem Forever too, it's awesome.)

can't believe I wrote that I'm a retard

I'll leave now. Never to return again, until... tomorrow or in about 45 mins when I'm tired of working.

31. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 17:47 netnerd85

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 17:44:
Randy corrects Brad. He was second...er, fourth.

SHOT DOWN.. In a blaze of Glory.

Randy is such a bitch ;P, kinda funny...

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 22, 2013, 17:44 netnerd85

Punishing a game for doing the same thing that a lot of people found enjoyable? That's strange, where is the game media's high and mighty words when GTA and COD fart out another stink fest?

The graphics are better (by the looks of it) I don't know why people are saying they are the same. Same style, Yes. Same quality? No.

I'll be playing through the game shortly with my partner... it'll be on Youtube

Verno wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 15:04:
Personally I want to see something polished L4D with a decent melee system and a more open world design. No game has done it properly yet
Are you serious? Are you a valve boy? L4D is so bland it's a joke. Maybe it's the simplicity people like? I just find it a mindless shooty shooty bang bang affair. Utterly pointless and "fun" is difficult to find in that game.

1607 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo