Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1508 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
10. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 27, 2013, 15:11 netnerd85

wtf_man wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 09:19:
I hope this plays as good as it looks.. it's like Deus Ex meets Grand Theft Auto.
That sounds stupid.

Why would you do that to this fine looking game.

Don't compare it to GTA.

Compare it to something great like Sleeping Dogs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Siberian Strike
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Siberian Strike Mar 27, 2013, 05:38 netnerd85

It's great so far, much more open level design. Up to you how you want to take down the enemies. It's also a fair bit more difficult  

News Comments > Rising Storm GDC Trailer
2. Re: Rising Storm GDC Trailer Mar 27, 2013, 01:42 netnerd85

DangerDog wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 21:53:
I wish them luck but I won't be picking this one up, WWII pacific theater isn't my thing.

That's okay, there's plenty of other peoples. They don't need you.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2013, 02:21.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Siberian Strike
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Siberian Strike Mar 26, 2013, 22:09 netnerd85

20 seconds left, OMG OMG OMG!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
32. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 16:26 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 15:50:
The intermission cracked me up.

Also, Infinite is eating Blizzard's lunch.
I think ActivLizzard could handle losing 8.9 Billion before they'd even feel the breeze

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
53. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 16:23 netnerd85

wtf_man wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 09:48:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 09:42:
namely Sleepings Dogs

YEAH! You guys didn't buy enough Sleeping Dogs!!!!!!!!

Because I rather have Watch Dogs.

I'll probably pick up "Teef", though.
Teef aside, Go get Sleeping Dogs! fucking awesome atmosphere, nothing like Mafia 2 but still better than those shit pile GTA games. And better than Saints Row, but Saints Row has no atmosphere, it's just fun and games... and dildos... which is still awesome but yeah

Go buy Sleeping Dogs... best hand to hand combat in a sandbox game?

I should beat it... but the 3 x 5 gig updates a week was shitting me, have they stopped updating the game lol?

News Comments > Game Reviews
29. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 14:42 netnerd85

More Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 reviews Rifle

God is a Geek
http://www.godisageek.com/2013/03/sniper-ghost-warrior-2-review/

Gaming Bolt
http://gamingbolt.com/sniper-ghost-warrior-2-review

IRB Gamer
http://irbgamer.com/2013/03/sniper-ghost-warrior-2-review-bullseye/

A patch was just released today that adds in Hardcore mode for Multiplayer

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar
31. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 18:42 netnerd85

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 16:19:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 12:24:
Playing Bioshock atm, bit of eh. Maybe it's because I've seen it all and the "shock" has warn off, which means, it's not a good game. Good games stand the test of time. Bioshock 2 seems more appealing atm.

Not to sound like a Cutter though, Infinite looks - infinitely better

I'm confused - are you saying you played Bioshock 2 first?
Lol, No. I'm playing through Bioshock atm, slowly. However, I know that Bioshock 2 involves being the Big Daddy and that appeals to me to more. I might just put the series off for a bit until my interest peaks again.

22. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 14:45 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 14:34:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:25:
Wow...them some scores....curious to see the user scores, i'm guessing 80-85'ish

There's usually a delta between user scores/reviews and press ones. Press journalists are analyzing the game in a specific manner, users often post on emotion (although there are plenty of intelligent ones). If someone doesn't like the logo or the character's voice, they could downrate the game a few points. And this says nothing of trolls who go in and pan the game for no reason.

The opposite is also true. The Transformers movies have pretty ghastly reviews, but are always rated higher by the general public.
Bullshit.

No one analyzes a game these days (except for the Germans?), they just post opinion pieces. Or piece of wank writing they hope their college professor will get hard over.

It's pathetic.

To most gamers these days a Review = the Score. Hence the brain dead zombie service that is, Metacritic. User scores, 0 or 10.

7. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 12:24 netnerd85

Playing Bioshock atm, bit of eh. Maybe it's because I've seen it all and the "shock" has warn off, which means, it's not a good game. Good games stand the test of time. Bioshock 2 seems more appealing atm.

Not to sound like a Cutter though, Infinite looks - infinitely better

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2013, 10:48 netnerd85

There is no way I watch YouTube more than traditional TV.

I only really watch the occasional game related piece on YouTube for a couple of mins at a time.

News Comments > Call to Arms Trailer
2. Re: Call to Arms Trailer Mar 24, 2013, 23:55 netnerd85

"Call to Arms", ugh...

Modern warfare is shit. They should have gone futuristic, that would have take some creativity and courage though. Game developers are gutless as fuck these days.

I'm sure it will be very "Durka DURRR sir". Shove it side ways DMS.

I'll stick to MOW: Assualt Squad.

Disappointing they went this way. Oh well. Moving on.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 24, 2013, 21:54 netnerd85

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
I can't go back to this... it's just too painful. Great game, enjoyed it... but it's just so dark and depressing.

Skyrim, ugh... UGH! pfft...

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied
29. Re: BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied Mar 23, 2013, 10:10 netnerd85

nin wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 00:02:
Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 22:03:
Techie714 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 20:18:
Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 18:44:
Anyway, this game has had the stink of failure on it for a long time now and they know it. I'd suspect they're probably in sheer panic mode at Irrational right now.

Are you insane? Just look at the production values of this game & the developer behind it. This game will be a large success just like Bioshock was. It's clear with that statement you dont have a long history of gaming....
Ken Levine has a solid record

Yes, I'm only right about everything 99% of the time, but I am mistaken now and then, but not about this.

Your near constant negativity is becoming a real downer...

Yeah, what's wrong Cutter? what's going on? anything up man?

Anything serious or do you just need your hair pulled? or need to pull someone elses? (I'm NOT offering btw)

News Comments > Door Kickers Announced
7. Re: Door Kickers Announced Mar 23, 2013, 09:25 netnerd85

I bought/backed it, they have PayPal payments now!  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week
19. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 23, 2013, 03:48 netnerd85

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 19:21:
I tried the first game, and gave up on it after a short time. It didn't seem even remotely realistic. Snipers aren't supposed to be a one-man army who can take out every hostile on the map. But that's pretty much the game they created.
And you're not in S:GW2, you have a spotter and your job isn't the kill everyone. There are missions where you have to support assualt teams from overwatch positions. You can kill as many or as little people are you need to in some areas.

News Comments > Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer
3. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 23, 2013, 03:39 netnerd85

Looks great, definitely some improvements from Conviction. They are really mixing elements from the last Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell games at the moment with technology though aren't they.

I may actually pay something more than 75% off for this one depending on the technical issues at launch and DLC situation.

16. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 22, 2013, 16:55 netnerd85

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 15:46:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 15:43:
No, I do plenty of sniping in ARMA 2... There is no wind at all. So basically the only thing keeping you from making a 1000m shot is getting the range and hoping the bullet spread doesn't screw you on rifles that max out at around 800m as far as accuracy.
I don't think you could get nearly that distance in Sniper V2 anyways. IIRC the long shots were around 300-400m maybe? The longest shot was around 750m or so.
Depends on the level but both Sniper Elite and Sniper Ghost Warrior games have shots a lot longer than 400m. The longest in S:GW2 is only about 850m though to be honest, maybe 1 other shot that is longer but compared to the first S:GW there weren't that many long shots. Judging by the DLC screenshots this might improve.

ARMA II sniping looks boring but I like the guys style!

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied
19. Re: BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied Mar 22, 2013, 15:35 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 15:30:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 15:21:
The old "my friend" not me routine.

Your friend wrote that post, not you Happy2
It was! how did you know? are you friends with my friend dorothy?

7. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 22, 2013, 15:32 netnerd85

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 15:09:
IIRC from the first game, it's nowhere near the level of sharpshooting simulation that Sniper Elite does. Maybe they improved it since then, I haven't tried the sequel yet.
They all have the hold breath slow down time thing, wind speed affects bullet, bullet drop over distance stuff.

1508 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo