Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1589 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Announced
11. Re: 7 Days to Die Announced May 17, 2013, 14:04 netnerd85

WyldKat wrote on May 17, 2013, 13:32:
Looks neat but it seems really strange to me why they aren't using smooth voxels instead of the typical Minecraft bricks. For example of smooth voxels, take a look at Planet Explorers. Brick voxels are fine for buildings but in this gameplay video they are SUPER jarring when looking at them on terrain (0:33 seconds into the video), especially when the rest of the game looks like they're going for a realistic look instead of something retro.
Agreed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
36. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 17, 2013, 11:42 netnerd85

Verno wrote on May 17, 2013, 10:54:
Platform unification was bound to happen, the PC was too fragmented to support going forward and we were seeing the slow death of the PC gaming industry before digital platforms.
"Platform unification", what on earth do you mean by that? and what do you mean the PC was too framented to support going forward?

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Announced
4. Re: 7 Days to Die Announced May 17, 2013, 11:36 netnerd85

It seems OKAY, there are a few better looking ones coming out I think. Will see where it goes...  

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Announced
3. Re: Lords of the Fallen Announced May 17, 2013, 10:45 netnerd85

After Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, which I really enjoy and love, I'm not going to really throw City Interactive any more bones. They need to step up and support that game.

This is the third game they have announced in development. I have doubts these people can deliver.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2013, 10:39 netnerd85

EA has no Wii U games in development
Thank you

News Comments > Ride to Hell: Route 666 Trailer
2. Re: Ride to Hell: Route 666 Trailer May 17, 2013, 10:36 netnerd85

Wow, that's truly horrible, probably the worst looking game I have seen in a while...

Could that voice over guy be any more bored lol...

News Comments > GameStop Stops Rainbow 6 Patriots Preorders
3. Re: GameStop Stops Rainbow 6 Patriots Preorders May 17, 2013, 10:32 netnerd85

Kinda good. Maybe they will actually make a TACTICAL SHOOTER now?  

34. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 17, 2013, 10:31 netnerd85

Verno wrote on May 17, 2013, 08:45:
Ok, have fun going backward in time but I'll keep most of my modern conveniences thanks and who are we kidding, you won't give them up either I have zero desire to track down manual patches from mirror servers and keep track of people through 10 different messaging programs. The DRM portion of Steam is quite benign and the convenience the service affords combined with the product prices make it irrelevant.
I already buy games outside of Steam, lots and lots and lots.

It doesn't take long to go to the official site or gamershell or filefront etc. for patches.

And did you really ever have 10 different messaging programs, no... there was what 4? at most that were popular back in mid/early 2000. Skype is the best thing out there at the moment.

Plenty of good sales, actually all the good sales are now outside of Steam. Amazon and GMG have them beat and have done for at least 18 months.

By all means, use Steam but why should games be tied to it?

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale May 17, 2013, 04:03 netnerd85

InBlack wrote on May 17, 2013, 03:31:
Should I get BL2 on that sale? Im very tempted but I dont want to give Gearbox any money after that A:CM fiasco....

Bastards!
Exactly, why not just wait for the GOTY edition when it's 75% off

News Comments > DARK Trailer
8. Re: DARK Trailer May 17, 2013, 04:01 netnerd85

I like cell shading, it can be done really well like Gunslinger looks, this looks Okay, could be better but the animations look horrible.

Will be waiting for a demo or some gamer gameplay footage I think.

30. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 17, 2013, 03:29 netnerd85

Jerykk wrote on May 16, 2013, 23:25:
Remember kiddies, DRM is only good if it's Valve's. At least that seems to be the message around here.

Not sure if you've ever bothered reading any threads about this topic but I'll summarize:

1) DRM is bad.
2) Steam's non-DRM features are good.
3) Steam's good features outweigh the downsides of its DRM.

That's why people like Steam. It's not really rocket science. Standalone DRM is completely worthless, as it offers no benefits to the consumer. Steam offers plenty of benefits to the consumer so the consumer is far more tolerant of the DRM.
People who trade freedom for security and convenience are fools. Why forcefully put shackles on someone when you can get the fools to willing do it themselves.

"I like all my games in one spot", like the games folder under D drive or H drive or whatever you want to call it?

"But I can chat to my friends", like on Skype or the telephone?

DRM is always bad, you have to believe that

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale May 17, 2013, 03:18 netnerd85

Ladron3dfx wrote on May 16, 2013, 22:00:
Steamworks Thumbsdown
Indeed!

Star Trek already 50% off, ewww... it must be bad, still going to check it out but will wait for that $7.50 price tag.

News Comments > David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project
11. Re: David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project May 17, 2013, 03:13 netnerd85

They won't make a better game than Gas Guzzlers.

Kingpin: Life of Crime
If a game ever needed a mother fucking sequel it would be this rat fuck right here, of course I ain't got a mother fucking dollar to spend on it right now

I have to play it again, I did buy it from gog.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend
5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend May 17, 2013, 03:10 netnerd85

Yeah, I'm very tempted to check it out... never really had an interest in Counter Strike before.  

21. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 12:32 netnerd85

Spektr wrote on May 16, 2013, 12:07:
I dont wanna install all my games on the same partition because I have several partitions.
They actually finally patch that ability in.

19. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 10:13 netnerd85

Well... deary me. Heaven forbid anyone have a differnt opinion around here I didn't realise 10-20 year old games were still being patch.

I apologise for any hurt feelings. Free hug?

This comment was edited on May 16, 2013, 10:22.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves May 16, 2013, 10:09 netnerd85

InBlack wrote on May 16, 2013, 09:29:
13 missions is kind of on the low side. Been looking forward to an arcade like spiritual successor to Desert Strike and Jungle Strike, but 13 missions is erm...very meh...
Depends how long each mission is, most games are 10-12 missions, these days.

12. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 02:49 netnerd85

Jerykk wrote on May 16, 2013, 01:23:
Ubisoft's PC games would sell more if they just ditched Uplay completely and switched to Steamworks. Also, simultaneous release dates with the console versions makes a huge difference too.
I disagree and there is no facts to back up what you say any way lol.

I have absolutely no problem with Uplay, it's kind of okay. I'm tired of Valve and Steamworks. I don't even remember the last game I actually bought through Steam... but plenty of Steamworks games. I don't want all my games in Steam. I don't want ANY of MY games tied to any DRM thing. Always look for the DRM free alternative if I can.

The mass amount of stupid people that buy a steam copy of a game on gog.com amazes and saddens me.

10. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 00:28 netnerd85

I like Ubisoft. I do not give them more than $5-$10 for games with bad DRM though. I think I've bought more from them than any other one publisher recently and there is plenty more that I want to buy.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed May 15, 2013, 13:28 netnerd85

Agent.X7 wrote on May 15, 2013, 12:56:
netnerd85 wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:43:
InBlack wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:31:
nin wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:10:
avianflu wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:02:
Notably, Metacritic forces game devs to look at an aggregate of gamer's scores. Something that game devs generally dont bother doing or dont like doing.

And there it is on one web page that EVERYBODY knows about in the gaming industry.

That aggregate gamer score doesnt express everything important of course, but it says something about the desirability of a particular game to consumers.

Metacritic for all of its faults offers insights into the game consumer's mind that arent offered in any other way.

Warren should realize that metacritic can be a useful tool for game devs, if taken with a grain of salt.

I use it as a jumping off point for various industry reviews, but there's no way in hell I'd read the end user side...

Yeah but say a game you were thinking about buying got 50% user score on metacritic. IE half the users who tried it wrote unfavorable reviews on it. Wouldnt that strike you as particularly damning? You can say a lot of things about particular reviews and 0 point reviews and 10/10 reviews, but the average score rarely lies when you have a large enough sample.

Note: Im talking about user reviews, not paid 'professional' reviews.
No because people just vote 0 or 10 these days.

It should just be did you enjoy the game or not. That's all people want to know. If they enjoy XX game with they enjoy this XX game. People will make up their own mind about price (I hope/believe).

You just said that 0 or 10 reviews are bad, but then said it should just be enjoy or not. Wouldn't 0 or 10 equate to the same thing? You're asking for a binary answer while decrying binary answers.
LMAO!

SHHHH!!!

Moving on

It's my first day.

1589 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo