Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1510 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Cube World Trailer
6. Re: Cube World Trailer May 12, 2013, 23:08 netnerd85

PHJF wrote on May 12, 2013, 18:02:
Looks like fun. I prefer exploring to building, hence why I played Terraria much more than Minecraft.

And this looks more like 3D Dot Game Heroes. Which was awesome.
You should give the Millenaire Mod a go, it's awesome, gives Minecraft a (much needed) purpose!

And yes, Cube World looks good. Although shaded blocks is a little bit too bland... I think. Definitely need some texture to them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
52. Re: Defiance Renewed May 12, 2013, 03:22 netnerd85

Ant wrote on May 11, 2013, 21:43:
I also couldn't get into Defiance show/series after two episodes.
Lol, you have to watch more than that to get into a show sometimes. Took half a season for the Event to "get good", then it was cancelled It was still a bit meh, better than Flashforward show, not as good acting but still a bit better. What else didn' survive that period... V? eh... that was...

I try not to watch shows until there is 2 seasons now. You can deal with 2 seasons. 1 season of a show is just a tease.

51. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 12, 2013, 03:14 netnerd85

ViRGE wrote on May 11, 2013, 18:58:
Unfortunately the H.G. Wells spinoff is dead. W13's "3 2 1" was the backdoor pilot, and while it did well SyFy(NBC Uni) decided to produce Defiance instead.
I haven't seen any news stating it's been killed off, do you know different? It may very well look like it's never going to happen but... never know. Time is ticking, they probably don't have any money left though

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage
27. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 12, 2013, 02:47 netnerd85

Redmask wrote on May 11, 2013, 14:23:
netnerd85 wrote on May 11, 2013, 14:05:
There are plenty of graphical elements that improve gameplay you know think out side the box.

Take your own advice. Games are already incredibly expensive to produce and the market can't really bear an increase in that regard. I'm all for visual frills, just not when they come at the expense of other parts of the game. The industry needs a settling period for developers to get used to the newer tools and for development costs to come down. If they can eke out some visual frills without upping the costs too much then great but otherwise the market will literally not bear more expensive costs for a AAA game.
And they have had that for the entire Xbox 360 and PS3 generation. They aren't making a dramatic leap forward and they haven't recently, they are being cheap bastards. I don't think you realise the MASSIVE talent in Eastern Europe and Asian at the moment. A lot of smaller companies out source to third parties for DIRT cheap.

Go have a look at CryTek's Sanbox, have a play around. The tools are HERE and they are amazing tools. You don't need to be that talented to create amazing looking levels. It takes bugger all time to learn and play. The Bar has been dropped dramatically and you are okay with that? I know it can be raised higher and now. I'm just saying they should do what they can.

I don't understand one minute you guys hate publishers, the next your like "Oh no I agree with Steve from EA accounting, we just cant afford to make good quality games".

26. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 12, 2013, 02:35 netnerd85

Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2013, 18:54:
netnerd85 wrote on May 11, 2013, 10:48:
Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2013, 05:51:
It's an IGN guy speaking, not a Ubisoft guy.
And? Still not listening to bullshit. No more lies

You could just watch the video on mute and judge it based on what you see.
Aliens: Colonial Marines.

47. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 11, 2013, 16:31 netnerd85

Agent.X7 wrote on May 11, 2013, 15:13:
netnerd85 wrote on May 11, 2013, 03:36:
Jack9 wrote on May 10, 2013, 20:29:
It's better than Haven or Warehouse 13 or Eureka or any of the half-assed scifi that was dominating TV the years before. I can't understand the undeserving vitrol Defiance is getting. There's literally nothing wrong with the show and lots of things right. If you didn't like the pilot episode, I'm not sure your opinion is in line with the general scifi audience. I had to live through the first seasons of ST:TNG. You don't know terrible son.
I'm sorry, what's wrong with Warehouse 13, apart from that annoying hipster bitch and that new... thing... they brought in for the B team.

Okay, so it's heading downhill but it's still been good previously.

Hoping they make that H.G. Wells spin off show...

Not likely considering H.G. is played by one of the stars of Defiance.
She has left herself open apparently and it's the same channel... so little conflict there. She can be killed off I am sure, who would pass up a leading role in their own show? no actor.

20. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 14:05 netnerd85

Redmask wrote on May 11, 2013, 11:54:
Xero wrote on May 11, 2013, 11:02:
The only impressive thing I've seen here was the dude's coat flapping around and we've seen that before on Mafia 2 :/ Where is the REAL tech at???

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Gameplay > tech fluff, games are already pretty damned impressive visually and expensive enough to make.
There are plenty of graphical elements that improve gameplay you know think out side the box.

40. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 13:29 netnerd85

Just watched the pilot of Defiance, seems fine, why the hate?  

17. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 11:47 netnerd85

Xero wrote on May 11, 2013, 11:02:
The only impressive thing I've seen here was the dude's coat flapping around and we've seen that before on Mafia 2 :/ Where is the REAL tech at???
First flappy coat I saw was in Max Payne's trailer... back in 1998

And Hidden & Dangerous had all the weather effects you could poke a stick at with moving sky boxes, that was 1999.

Technology has moved forward huh

Imagine a PC only game where they spent 200 million just developing a game that pushed tech to it's limits... I mean damn.

15. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 10:48 netnerd85

Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2013, 05:51:
It's an IGN guy speaking, not a Ubisoft guy.
And? Still not listening to bullshit. No more lies

25. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 11, 2013, 03:36 netnerd85

Jack9 wrote on May 10, 2013, 20:29:
It's better than Haven or Warehouse 13 or Eureka or any of the half-assed scifi that was dominating TV the years before. I can't understand the undeserving vitrol Defiance is getting. There's literally nothing wrong with the show and lots of things right. If you didn't like the pilot episode, I'm not sure your opinion is in line with the general scifi audience. I had to live through the first seasons of ST:TNG. You don't know terrible son.
I'm sorry, what's wrong with Warehouse 13, apart from that annoying hipster bitch and that new... thing... they brought in for the B team.

Okay, so it's heading downhill but it's still been good previously.

Hoping they make that H.G. Wells spin off show...

10. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 03:30 netnerd85

"designed to take full advantage of the PS4 and next Xbox, and that's where you're gonna wanna play it if you can"

Yep, lost me right there mother fucker, telling lies out your ass like a monkey. Already in the first few seconds you can see the texture detail is nothing compared to the screenshots just previously shown.

News Comments > The Forest Trailer
10. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 14:36 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on May 10, 2013, 14:26:
Cutter wrote on May 10, 2013, 12:07:
So it's Don't Starve with better graphics?

That was my thought. Looks gorgeous though.

Also, I had a full 30s commercial before that 75s trailer. That's just F'ing annoying.
Ad blocker. BAM and the dirt is gone.

News Comments > The Forest Trailer
8. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 12:32 netnerd85

Yeah looks cool  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots May 10, 2013, 10:11 netnerd85

It just won't happen, that texture quality is just way too high... I mean, the videos look nothing like that  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 10, 2013, 10:05 netnerd85

"Bland pallets" really, no, really...  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots May 10, 2013, 10:02 netnerd85

SpectralMeat wrote on May 10, 2013, 09:43:
Those Watch Dogs screenshots look really good!
Yeah, they do... shame the game won't look anything like that. 100% guaranteed.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 10, 2013, 01:19 netnerd85

eRe4s3r wrote on May 9, 2013, 23:11:
You'd think a site like The Onion would have better security...
You mean multiple layers of it...

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
9. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:05 netnerd85

Creston wrote on May 9, 2013, 11:55:
Fuuuuuccckkk YEAH!

Looks fun, but I'm definitely worried that they're making you waaaaaaaaay too powerful. I just hope that it has a lot more to actually, you know, DO this time around. SR3 was pretty empty, imo.

Creston
Agreed on both those points.

It's not as bad as Mafia 2 though, such a great city, the BEST city, best atmosphere but omg, nothing to do.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
5. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 11:18 netnerd85

Similar move to the Stone Cold Stunner, sweet.

Rocket launcher guitar case :o, now I have to watch Desperado...

That Mech suit is awesome. Looks like a lot of fun.

Clearly a lot more than just DLC has been added, clearly the world is a lot different. There is a lot of gameplay updates in there that would have taken a lot of time to tweak and get right.

I want to play it now, now!

1510 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo