Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1607 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellraid E3 Trailer
1. Re: Hellraid E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 09:56 netnerd85

Oh Yeah! SOLD.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC
2. Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC Jun 6, 2013, 09:54 netnerd85

Been meaning to get this for the PS3, now I don't have to!  

News Comments > Dark Souls II Next March
34. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 4, 2013, 03:11 netnerd85

mag wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 03:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 02:23:
Yeah, I found that I grew incompatible with a game like Dark Souls.... but I guess I am more fed up with it because the level design was weird... because I never had any idea where I was and where I was going. Maybe that is part of the challenge some people like.. but i certainly did not.

But while I can see your point, to me a game like Dark Souls would be acceptable only with quick-save. Exactly because I don't give a game a lot of chances if it frustrates me for some reason... yes.. I think I just got dumbed down by the games of the past 15 years. I played Baldurs Gate 2 without a guide to 100% completion on hard ,p . I found every secret and hidden thingy in Dust Elysian Tail. But I can't be arsed to complete even a single of it's "challenges" with more than 3 stars. To me, the fun part is finding stuff, to get to hard to reach stuff where you sometimes need a lot of skill, it is not getting a perfect run "1 false step or not paying attention and you ded and have to spend next 10 minutes retreading" that is especially prevalent at the beginning of the play experience.

I don't think Dark Souls tests the skill really (at the beginning it is trial and error, and don't tell me you didn't die to the rats on your first play, cursing why the fuck there was no anti-poison anywhere), I think it rather tests how much you can take before giving up on a game. Not sure that is a good way to design a game, but some people seem to like it.

Man. I totally understand that the game's design's not for you and all, but quicksaves would pretty much completely ruin it. Quicksaves make any game almost arbitrarily easy, and Dark Souls has a design that they would completely destroy.
Exactly, the game isn't called Dark Souls: Prepare to Save a lot like a little bitch.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2013, 23:05 netnerd85

18% is not a massive percentage, that's a fact, massive is "exceptionally large". It's like saying a 5 inch penis is massive.

50%, now that would have been a massive layoff, that's like 8.5 inches of layoff.

28. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 3, 2013, 22:44 netnerd85

KS wrote on Jun 3, 2013, 18:07:
Why the bleem do games even have checkpoints anymore?
It is another way of adding difficulty to the game and a sense of greater achievement. It works better than just adding more enemies or just giving them greater shooting abilities.

I think what makes games annoying is regenerative health, you have to stop fighting and seek cover, often getting shot on the way to cover. However with health packs you can stay out in the open, firing at the enemy and just press the health button. The searching and managing of health packs is an enjoyable part of game playing, I think.

GoldenEye on the N64 didn't have any level saves, you had to beat the entire level. Arcade games don't have any saves, just high scores.

Basically, if you don't like it, play something else! Plenty of game types out there. They aren't all going to magically conform to what you want

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2013, 22:25 netnerd85

18% is not massive, dramatic much

"82% of Zynga employees still have a job" doesn't generate click throughs though.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2013, 22:31.

3. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 3, 2013, 10:26 netnerd85

I don't think that poster will fit on any of my walls  

News Comments > Door Kickers Demo
2. Re: Door Kickers Demo Jun 1, 2013, 22:18 netnerd85

Bought this ages ago when it first appeared on Blues News. A fun little game, any SWAT4 fan or Rainbow Six fan will eat this up!  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 22:14 netnerd85

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 13:37:
netnerd85 wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 12:56:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 11:11:
Honestly, while I cannot afford not to work, finding myself unemployed would almost be a boon. I'd still be working 10-12 hour days, only now it would be on the projects that interest me the most and could be VERY remunerative a year or two down the line, rather than the projects my job demands that I work on in exchange for a paycheck.
Speaking from experience, it's VERY easy to sit back and say that

Yeah, I would imagine so. I'd probably spend less time coding, and a lot more time flying DCS and playing old adventure games and RPGs. Still, given that my current job (social services, California foster care system) is completely unrelated to software, it's nice to fantasize about how much more quickly I could develop as a programmer if I could spend all day doing it instead of just my evenings and weekends.
Yeah when a new game comes out it is difficult to focus. It's not just games though, working from home has many challenges of the will. As someone who gave up a social services related "career" that was just starting for the shallow and often meaningless realm of Web Development, I would say don't worry too much. No one cares about programmers or how well you can program something, they just want it done. It's very disappointing, you just have to want to be a good programmer because you want to, not because it's required and when time is a factor standards can slide if you feel pressured. That's not an okay situation but an effect from the demand of business to get things done quickly as opposed to right.

Programming as a hobby is great. Programming as a job can often been the same thing day in day out (like all jobs lol). "Business" doesn't care about how good you are they just want it done fast which doesn't create a satisfying environment. I think a good goal of any programmer should be to have some sort of "baby", like a desktop software application, some web service or a game that requires little from a art perspective (isometric game) that you can work on and improve. One thing I learnt from having a services business is that you want Customers, not to provide the service of programming.

My tip for being a better programmer technically is to push yourself into something you aren't sure you can handle. Just dive in, as long as you know the basic syntax, you'll do fine. You only grow when you are stretched (general rule of life really).

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 14:05:
Honestly. As others have stated, this comes off as a self-entitled rant by someone who vastly overestimates his own self-worth.
@Cutter, Maybe he is self entitled but I give people the benefit of the doubt and I assume he's a hard working joe. I've never come across a business that was treating it's workers well...

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 12:56 netnerd85

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 11:11:
Honestly, while I cannot afford not to work, finding myself unemployed would almost be a boon. I'd still be working 10-12 hour days, only now it would be on the projects that interest me the most and could be VERY remunerative a year or two down the line, rather than the projects my job demands that I work on in exchange for a paycheck.
Speaking from experience, it's VERY easy to sit back and say that

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 06:04 netnerd85

I've been a contract/freelance programmer for the past 3 and a bit years in the web development industry. You definitely get treated like shit by most people. And dealing with other businesses is cold. That's sad and it's going to take a long time to change it and it needs to change. You can't just treat other human beings like shit, it's not right and must never be accepted as okay, or normal.

Anyone that thinks it is okay or normal have given up on being a good person in life are dead souls walking - and there's nothing more pathetic. You're basically a peasant, accepting being shit on by someone or something you think is right or superior than yourself, that's really sad. Businesses are just made up of people, they aren't some mystical entity.

No one in a developed country should accept $11/hour that is just down right WRONG. If you think it's okay, you are disgusting.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2013, 03:57 netnerd85

Rattlehead wrote on May 30, 2013, 20:30:
I highly recommend DmC to anyone who likes those kind of games. At $30 it's a great pick up, with alot of replayability. The PC version is also very well done, runs silky smooth and has zero graphical glitches. I would go as far to say it's the best Devil May Cry since DMC3(though I do miss the stances).

Now, it's great that Ninja Theory is making PC games, all we need is Platinum Games to make PC games and I'll never touch a console again!
Highly agree, DmC Devil May Cry is so far my GOTY. And I'm more of a shooter kinda guy.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 1, 2013, 00:44 netnerd85

"I've already given my money to XXX", that's all I hear when a smaller kickstarter happens.

These big guys can get their money else where they just don't want to. That's A grade bullshit and unfair and untrue to the purpose of these sites if you ask me

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed May 31, 2013, 20:47 netnerd85

Found them: Female gamers.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 31, 2013, 20:20 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2013, 14:39:
I used to feel that established/rich people who could get alternative funding shouldn't use KS. But this article by KS themselves shows that established/rich people who use KS bring new people to KS who then go on to fund other projects. So, instead of sucking up oxygen from smaller projects, they're actually creating new oxygen to help those projects thrive.
Yeah, what a load of shit.

Tell that to Death to Spies 3: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/death-to-spies-3?c=home

If you need 3 million dollars to make your game, FUCK OFF and find an investor. That's my opinion.

These people have no concept of greed.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization May 31, 2013, 09:39 netnerd85

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on May 31, 2013, 07:58:
Fantaz wrote on May 31, 2013, 04:44:
netnerd85 wrote on May 30, 2013, 22:03:
Mikus_Aurelius wrote on May 30, 2013, 20:14:
mobile hardcore gaming experience
Error. Error. Not logical. Error.

Does not compute! When I game, I'm not mobile? So why should my computer be?

I guess some people don't have wives who want to cuddle in bed and play XCOM. Poor bastards.
I stay up late playing games WITH my partner

The bedroom is not for computer games...

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo
24. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo May 31, 2013, 07:28 netnerd85

Krovven wrote on May 31, 2013, 02:58:
siapnar wrote on May 30, 2013, 22:47:
I wish someone would make an open world game with it.

You mean like Dead Island & Riptide? While not entirely open world, as there are some areas that require loading, they are open world games.

Maybe this is what you meant, but I would like to see a Call of Juarez open world game, especially since we won't be seeing Red Dead Redemption on PC.
Don't forget the upcoming Dying Light

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches May 31, 2013, 06:33 netnerd85

dj LiTh wrote on May 31, 2013, 06:28:
Woot, new prison architect update!
That game is a rip off, the graphics are a complete joke. I don't care how good the gameplay is. It needs to have at least some form of talent working on the graphics, especially for the ridiculous price they are trying to get for it.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed May 30, 2013, 22:29 netnerd85

Someone has a problem and apparently we all have to agree? No, that's not how it works dear. There has never been a team of female commandos rescuing male hostages. Not going to happen. Probably ever. That's just how the world works. You can never change biological facts. Men are generally stronger than women. It doesn't mean a woman can't be strong, it just means it's not going to happen as often. Those are just facts.

I want more games that involve the sexualisation of men Need to get some floppy cock in a cutscene somewhere!

Couldn't give two shits about some tart in tight clothes with her tits bouncing all over the screen, although it does make me giggle at how pathetic it is.

Just because some men don't care about womens issues doesn't mean they are sexist, it means, they just don't care. And that is perfectly fine!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization May 30, 2013, 22:03 netnerd85

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on May 30, 2013, 20:14:
mobile hardcore gaming experience
Error. Error. Not logical. Error.

1607 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo