Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1607 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
13. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 24, 2013, 14:08 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 12:55:
The game is not for me, but damn those are impressive numbers. The little guys are ever-so-slowly beginning to elbow their way in to what was once the exclusive domain of the big publishers. That is awesome.
Bohemia Interactive are long time industry veterans. Not small time cookies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
6. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 24, 2013, 12:50 netnerd85

Going to buy Arma III and play all the OTHER mods that actually use the Arma III engine.  

News Comments > Get Even Revealed
4. Re: Get Even Revealed Dec 24, 2013, 03:46 netnerd85

I remember liking it more than most but I've only seen it the once. I think you just have a thing for old Mel  

News Comments > Get Even Revealed
2. Re: Get Even Revealed Dec 24, 2013, 01:52 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 12:48:
I'd love to see an anti-hero game in the vein of Mel Gibson's Payback.
Because that was such a great movie?

News Comments > On Sale
33. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 23:55 netnerd85

There we go. Skyrim knocks DayZ off the top. Finally SOMETHING.

And the verdict is: this sale is the WORST.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 13:50 netnerd85

Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:32:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:30:
Ugh, depressingly massive backlog of games so what do I do... play Minecraft

It's so funny how Steam sales have actively created a new anxiety.

Steam catalog is just one place... I have some many other games installed. I've decided that I can no longer be a game completionist, I just can't...

Yet to walk away from a game but Far Cry 2 might be dumped for Far Cry 3!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 13:48 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:01:
Julio wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:30:
David Suzuki is a freeloading crackpot.

No he's not and you know it. I don't always agree with him but he's right about a lot of stuff, and this in particular. By 2050 the world's population will have doubled. We're a contained biosphere with only so much arable land. Sure we can grow up - vertical farms and hydroponics - but we can't even take care of the people on the planet as it is today. And we all know what the end game is when it comes down to a contest for limited resources. Couple that with the way the world is going today and the future is very bleak and dystopian. I'm just glad I won't be around for it.

Meantime, I want something else, to get me through this semi-charmed kind of life, baby, baby.
Space. How about we all fucking work together and make this shit happen Plenty of planets out there we can rape.

And 1997 wont save you now.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 11:30 netnerd85

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 10:57:
Festivus pole? Check. Airing of grievances? Check. Feats of strength?

1.75 liter bottle of gin to crack open? CHECK! Huge back catalog of games? CHECK! Let's do this!
Ugh, depressingly massive backlog of games so what do I do... play Minecraft

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 13:17 netnerd85

peteham wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 12:14:
Haven't bought a single game yet this sale. Figured I'd pick up Deponia yesterday, but nope, "you already own this game".. Alrighty, then! I think I may have finally done it: I've bought everything.
If I work hard and live to be a hundred, I may get around to playing about 1 in 4.
Lol, I haven't tried to re-buy a game but I know what you mean... this sale is actually really bad, DayZ has not been knocked off the top. DayZ is not that good FFS, so the sale must be that bad.

I bought CS:GO from Green Man Gaming... I don't know why

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Dec 22, 2013, 05:13 netnerd85

Still think it should be "South Park: The Schtick of Truth"  

News Comments > Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited
6. Re: Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited Dec 22, 2013, 05:01 netnerd85

harlock wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 16:13:
tv show is ok, not great not horrible

but im really not a fan of the "town as character" thing ala Eureka or Haven.. syfy network needs to drop that trope already
The Defiance TV Show is awesome. Much better than anything else remotely sci-fi thats slid its way out of TV exe's assholes... except for Almost Human of course

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
3. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 10:05 netnerd85

PHJF wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 09:49:
Full-fledged uplay integration.
I liked Uplay until this latest issue with the AssCreed 4 DLC and patch. Crazy times. And by like I mean didn't mind.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Delayed for Windows
6. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Delayed for Windows Dec 18, 2013, 12:23 netnerd85

Woot! Just got my DLC uplay key, it's out!

[Edit] Okay maybe not, its not installing... just a key and activated

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2013, 12:31.

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
6. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 12:06 netnerd85

RAGE: The Scorchers
That was an amazing suprise I must say, great DLC, will have to replay this Xmas holidays.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
9. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 18, 2013, 12:05 netnerd85

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 12:01:
Not surprised, South Park humor can be quite tasteless at times. I think the creator of South Park does not grasp the difference between real humor and playing the shock jock.
They are MUCH better than Seth McFarlane and Co.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Delayed for Windows
5. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Delayed for Windows Dec 18, 2013, 12:03 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:23:
What do the Polish have to do with this? Why pick on the Poles?
Because they make way better games than Americans

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
6. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 18, 2013, 10:55 netnerd85

Further attacks on Gay Marriage  

2. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Delayed for Windows Dec 18, 2013, 10:54 netnerd85

I bought it from GMG... waiting  

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
22. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 18, 2013, 08:31 netnerd85

EricFate wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 07:55:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 23:22:
If they had permission then there wouldn't be any claims, would there? That means the content owners would be cutting off an extra revenue source. I think it's you who needs to brush up the facts, champ.

Tell that to the content owners who have explicit permission from the gaming companies who are still getting these content clams. And not just on a one off basis. Years worth of material, now all suddenly sending ad revenue somewhere else due to a bot arbitrarily deciding that an image or a collection of notes is a content match to some other thing which someone chose to register with them once.

It doesn't even have to be content they had the right to register in the first place. Royalty free music? Still earns a content claim. Music you composed and played yourself, or licensed from a third party who composed and played it? Still earns a content claim. And who gets the revenue? Not you, and not the guy who composed or played it.

How you dispute it? Fill out a form and wait three months.

How many can you dispute at once? Usually three, so if an entire series got hit, too bad. You can only do it on a case by case basis, so if you want that revenue back, look forward to filling out dispute forms for the next four years.
Exactly. Cutter your opinion and the facts dont match up here sweet heart. As the owner of a gaming channel, trust me, I know the troubles. There are plenty of reasons for trying to take down a youtube channel, not just legal reasons.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia
10. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia Dec 17, 2013, 12:35 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:53:
So glad I don't live in Oz.
I know the health care and having no fear of being shot while going to school is AWFUL. Such savages we convicts are...

1607 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo