Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for netnerd85

Real Name netnerd85   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname netnerd85
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2011, 20:02
Total Comments 1593 (Pro)
User ID 57021

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
9. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 19:08 netnerd85

Overon wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:49:
Rattlehead wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:20:
Pretty standard practice to lay off most of the staff after a project has been shipped, and even more common when reviews are not up to par. This is why the gaming industry can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned.
If that's the case they should lay off the people whose direction resulted in the sub par reviews. Not the people implementing their will. But that doesn't happen as often as it should.
To be fair you can not please a fan boy who's love was a game in the late 90's, as a fan boy with a game in the late 90's its just not going to happen because this period was golden... at least we remember it that way.

The fan boy reviews passed off as objective and professional are a joke and do more damage than the suits.

As a game, there is little wrong with Thief, it's main problem is being called Thief. If it wasn't called Thief, it's main problem would not being called Thief.

Fuck game review fanboys.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
12. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 18:56 netnerd85

Yes please.

Why do people say the Gunplay is like COD, when its not? Not on the PC any way.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 19:05.

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
7. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 18:46 netnerd85

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:20:
Pretty standard practice to lay off most of the staff after a project has been shipped, and even more common when reviews are not up to par. This is why the gaming industry can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned.
27 of 500 is hardly most.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 06:06 netnerd85

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 01:30:
You can manually drop from ledges and you can take fall damage. The problem is that the game isn't consistent with how these things work. Sometimes you can just walk off a ledge, other times you have to press X. Same with jumps. Sometimes you'll automatically jump when running towards a ledge, other times you'll just fall off. In AC, these things were consistent. If you ran towards a ledge, you would always jump off, even if there was nothing to jump to. And if you weren't running, you would always stop when reaching a ledge. Consistency is key. It doesn't matter if it's first-person or third-person.
True it could be more consistent especially with the running and jumping, that's a bit annoying that one. But the falling I don't really have an issue with as you can tell straight away if you need to press x or not. Calling AC consistent is funny, he doesn't always do things consistently at all - grabbing on to all sorts of things instead of what you intended, "What are you doing" is something I often shout at the monitor Never had that problem with Thief, just "ugh, cant run and jump to that one..."

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 01:04 netnerd85

Jerykk wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 18:06:
Thief is not as bad as everyone seems to suggest. If you enjoy stealth games in general (and not just the first two games in the Thief series), you will likely find something to enjoy. The levels are definitely more linear than in the previous games, but they are still pretty big and have lots of branching paths. Splinter Cell would be most comparable here. There is also tons of loot to steal and secrets to find (and getting 100% of both is still tough). There is great satisfaction to be gained from stealing every piece of loot while leaving every NPC oblivious and untouched.

The traversal system is a bit annoying, though you can get used to it. They didn't implement it very well, as the rules aren't consistent. Sometimes you can walk off ledges, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can jump across a gap, sometimes you can't. If they had made it more like AC's system, it would have worked a lot better.
You can press x to drop from any ledge, you may have fall damage, I guess it stops you so you dont do this. I disagree that a system like Assassin's Creed would be better. This is a first person game and I feel it works well for that.

The map is also pretty worthless in the city hub, as it doesn't show you the route you need to take to get to your destination. You basically just have to learn the layout of the hub.
I disagree again, it's great fun to explore this area, collecting bits and pieces along the way

Based on 8 hours of gameplay (doing main story missions, side missions and general hub exploration), I'd probably give the game a 7.5. It's not the best Thief game nor the best stealth game, but it's pretty solid and entertaining in and of itself.
I'd give it an 8.5, having lots of fun with it. There is something about the atmospere and level design that really takes me back to playing games of the late 90's early 2000's. Not that it is old school but the sense of excitement is the same. Difficult to explain but a well welcomed feeling.

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 00:50 netnerd85

It's funny when fans read reboot and still expect something from 10 years ago.

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 14:55:
Banished is nothing but a soulless broken sandbox with massive bugs... I had hoped it to be so much more, but after year 25 I ask myself, wtf I am playing this for, what's the goal? There is no goal, no progression, no point. And the hoarding bug still isn't fixed. Wtf need 4 people in a house 2000 units of firewood and 1500 units fish for. When the entire rest starves? Sigh...
I know it had a good testing period and was delayed. There is ONE developer for the entire game, give him more than 24 hours to fix the post release bugs for fuck sake

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2014, 00:57.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 13:18 netnerd85

Good to see Banished on the list. Sad to see Thief so low considering. And good to see Black Flag up there, my personal GOTY 2013 that one, DmC Devil May Cry held on all year (as my PGOTY) until I played Black Flag.  

News Comments > Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee /3D Realms
1. Re: Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee Software/3D Realms Mar 2, 2014, 13:15 netnerd85

And their law suits?  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
64. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 28, 2014, 10:18 netnerd85

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 08:25:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 06:20:
harlock wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 01:03:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 00:40:
I knew you only wanted to whip out your gamer penis and show us all how big and better it is than any one of a differing opinion. Which is why I didnt bother explaining myself further, why waste my time.

not really, i just wanted to point out that you probably dislike MP games in general and arent a regular, frequent player of them (because you suck! ha! omg j/k).. and that titanfall appeals to you.. for better or worse

just helping to establish a precedent because it seems like a common theme

you dont have to say anything more than you already have, its pretty clear cut anyways - your defensive evasion is just as descriptive as far as im concerned
You are pre-judging. You're just trying to call me a noob so you can validate your opinion. It's sad.

Come join me in Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Rifle

He's not calling you a noob, he is saying you sounded like you liked Titanfall because you haven't had much of an experience with MP shooters the past years and that this is a common thread among many who like Titanfall but dislike COD Ghosts yet have never tried Battlefield 3 and 4 (or dislike these for reasons of skill requirements and the often depressing team balance, it's fact, 32 v 32 can be quite depressing indeed)
I assure you sir, my skill in battle is matched to (and beyond) any honourable knight.

I too own, Battlefield 3, pile of shit that it is.

I have a different opinion, deal with it my good sirs.

60. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 28, 2014, 06:20 netnerd85

harlock wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 01:03:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 00:40:
I knew you only wanted to whip out your gamer penis and show us all how big and better it is than any one of a differing opinion. Which is why I didnt bother explaining myself further, why waste my time.

not really, i just wanted to point out that you probably dislike MP games in general and arent a regular, frequent player of them (because you suck! ha! omg j/k).. and that titanfall appeals to you.. for better or worse

just helping to establish a precedent because it seems like a common theme

you dont have to say anything more than you already have, its pretty clear cut anyways - your defensive evasion is just as descriptive as far as im concerned
You are pre-judging. You're just trying to call me a noob so you can validate your opinion. It's sad.

Come join me in Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Rifle

55. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 28, 2014, 00:40 netnerd85

harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 13:57:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:56:
harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:43:
An MP game that is actually fun.

so, you dont play MP FPS very often?
There is playing and then there is playing.

I "played" some COD Ghosts recently, that was complete shit compared.

whats with the pseudo-intellectual non-answer, oh "nerd"?

i'll just skip ahead anyways.. since your original comment was "a MP game that is actually fun", it might imply that you arent very familiar with fun MPs, or that you dislike MPs in general, or dont have very much experience to draw from

and that kind of background would be something perfectly in line with a love for this particular game

21. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:56 netnerd85

harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:43:
Beta was awesome which suprised me as I don't play COD of BF anymore since early 2000's. EA will actually get some money from me for 2 copies of this game for sure. Well played, well done. An MP game that is actually fun.

so, you dont play MP FPS very often?
There is playing and then there is playing.

I "played" some COD Ghosts recently, that was complete shit compared.

19. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:43 netnerd85

Beta was awesome which suprised me as I don't play COD of BF anymore since early 2000's. EA will actually get some money from me for 2 copies of this game for sure. Well played, well done. An MP game that is actually fun.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 19:19 netnerd85

Quinn wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 18:51:
Love Thief so far! Hate Dishonored. Hated in since within half an hour into it. I don't find the two games comparable either. Dishonored is to Thief what Spiderman is to Batman Arkham [X].

I wouldn't be surprised if Thief will be generally more liked in Europe than in the USA. It's all less flashy and with a more realistic colour palette, like Gothic, The Witcher and Metro. There's also no godmode teleport ability. Of course there's Focus, but the game is actually standing solid on its own with the ability completely disabled. Also, yes you can get past the guard in the first mission without lunging at him from above: The X key makes you subtly drop down from edges and you shouldn't always use [space] for that.
I haven't played much of both but I agree.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month
9. Re: Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month Feb 26, 2014, 19:11 netnerd85

MattyC wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:10:
I am just hoping for substantial changes. 3-4 didn't seem to really change or add that much.
Yes, they have promised to address this in like every press release.

13. Re: Game Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 11:54 netnerd85

Enjoying Thief a lot more now, will have to get Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 next  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month
1. Re: Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month Feb 26, 2014, 11:50 netnerd85

And done!  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Feb 25, 2014, 19:02 netnerd85

Buyer has demo, doesn't need opinion, can form own

The demo was awesome enough for me to buy... if only Thief had a demo I think I bought the wrong game...

3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 11:37 netnerd85

I was eager to play it and eager to not share a copy over steam with my partner... should have waited but I'm only an hour in, maybe it gets better?

The voice actors are a bit... American, I feel they should be more british or from another part of merca

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2014, 20:43 netnerd85

RIP Harold Ramis  

1593 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo